• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DF Direct Weekly #180: The PS5 Pro Breakdown: GT7, TLOUp2, Ratchet, Horizon, Alan Wake 2 + More!

bundylove

Juat got home.

Will watch this df episode on my 85inch in 4k tv to see the image quality i can get out of the pro.

I Am sure i will be happy with it.

And to all of you pc wankers, consider yourself lucky. As a married man and fearfull husband, my wife would kill me if i would drop thousands on a gaming pc at home.

So for people like me, the closest i can get to a pc experience is the ps5 pro.

Maybe one day i will choke her with her lulus ans figgs she has no problem spending hundreds on every month, but till then this is my allowance.

Killer8

Oliver provides a valid counter point.

timestamped

Alex just fundamentally misunderstands the appeal of games consoles.

Oliver is spot-on when he says "reliable and usable gaming experience", because console gamers value ease of use above all else. The magic of the boxes is that laypeople can just plug them in, hit a button to launch the game and be right in the action.

There is no fumbling in the dark on PCGamingWiki at 2am to solve a weird bug. Or re-installing drivers to stop the game crashing or stuttering. Or consulting with Alex's videos to get optimized settings for the expensive graphics card you're surprised still can't hit 60fps like he promised. Thanks to the requirements enforced by the platform holders, a console user can expect that the game will at least work and perform acceptably. That's where the "reliability" of Oliver's quote comes in.

In terms of "usability", it can't be stressed how much further consoles are ahead of PC in this area (the "living room experience" as Oliver calls it).

Easier to use UI, all unified and accessible with the bundled controller. No reason to get off the couch (unless you're a physical gamer swapping discs) - no "aw fuck I have to click the launcher now", or needing to close a rogue Windows pop-up, or some other weird alt-tab bullshit because the game window become unresponsive. One storefront instead of managing half a dozen storefronts. HDR picture config takes a minute to get good results on consoles versus the wild west mess that HDR is on PC. You can easily setup parties, share your media and listen to music in-game via apps. Rest mode (and especially Quick Resume on Xbox) lets you continue where you last left off.

It is all made seamlessly so that a tired person coming home from a 9-5 can use it without needing to call up and verbally abuse the customer service. Sure, you can point to different programs that can do something similar to some of these features on a PC, but none of it feels as integrated with each other or just works™ using a controller.

The reason for the Pro existing is to try to marry all this simplicity of the console with the technological advancements that PC hardware has been making recently. That's it. It's the experience you already have, but better, and so costs more to reflect that. Suggesting that people buy into PC gaming instead isn't just proposing better performance and graphics - it's proposing abandoning game libraries and taking a giant leap into a much more technical and unpredictable world.

Last edited:

Crayon

Oliver is spot-on when he says "reliable and usable gaming experience", because console gamers value ease of use above all else. The magic of the boxes is that laypeople can just plug them in, hit a button to launch the game and be right in the action.

There is no fumbling in the dark on PCGamingWiki at 2am to solve a weird bug. Or re-installing drivers to stop the game crashing or stuttering. Or consulting with Alex's videos to get optimized settings for the expensive graphics card you're surprised still can't hit 60fps like he promised. Thanks to the requirements enforced by the platform holders, a console user can expect that the game will at least work and perform acceptably. That's where the "reliability" of Oliver's quote comes in.

In terms of "usability", it can't be stressed how much further consoles are ahead of PC in this area (the "living room experience" as Oliver calls it).

Easier to use UI, all unified and accessible with the bundled controller. No reason to get off the couch (unless you're a physical gamer swapping discs) - no "aw fuck I have to click the launcher now", or needing to close a rogue Windows pop-up, or some other weird alt-tab bullshit because the game window become unresponsive. One storefront instead of managing half a dozen storefronts. HDR picture config takes a minute to get good results on consoles versus the wild west mess that HDR is on PC. You can easily setup parties, share your media and listen to music in-game via apps. Rest mode (and especially Quick Resume on Xbox) lets you continue where you last left off.

It is all made seamlessly so that a tired person coming home from a 9-5 can use it without needing to call up and verbally abuse the customer service. Sure, you can point to different programs that can do something similar to some of these features on a PC, but none of it feels as integrated with each other or just works™ using a controller.

The reason for the Pro existing is to try to marry all this simplicity of the console with the technological advancements that PC hardware has been making recently. That's it. It's the experience you already have, but better, and so costs more to reflect that. Suggesting that people buy into PC gaming instead isn't just proposing better performance and graphics - it's proposing abandoning game libraries and taking a giant leap into a much more technical and unpredictable world.

Good post. Unfortunately, all this can be outright denied. "Works perfect for me and everyone I've ever known."

delishcaek

Neo Member
I believe the GT7 upgrades are best case. Push RT as high as you can and keep the base res above 1080p, so PSSR can then upscale to 4k. GT7 being around 1180p is pretty much like 4K DLSS Quality (which is upscaling from 1260p), while PSSR isn't as good as DLSS it is still great looking and from far away/in living room conditions you prolly won't see a big difference between 4K PSSR and native, even more so when they get the shimmering under control.

But then there is Alan Wake 2... devs need to find a better balance here. DLSS looks bad when you upscale from sub 1080p, you generally avoid doing that (hence 1440p/1080p users use DLDSR/DSR in combination with DLSS), PSSR won't be any different.

Really looking forward to the release. I won't buy it, because it's overpriced here in the EU for what it is, but I am curious about what it can do with UE5 titles.

I believe the GT7 upgrades are best case. Push RT as high as you can and keep the base res above 1080p, so PSSR can then upscale to 4k. GT7 being around 1180p is pretty much like 4K DLSS Quality (which is upscaling from 1260p), while PSSR isn't as good as DLSS it is still great looking and from far away/in living room conditions you prolly won't see a big difference between 4K PSSR and native, even more so when they get the shimmering under control.

But then there is Alan Wake 2... devs need to find a better balance here. DLSS looks bad when you upscale from sub 1080p, you generally avoid doing that (hence 1440p/1080p users use DLDSR/DSR in combination with DLSS), PSSR won't be any different.

Really looking forward to the release. I won't buy it, because it's overpriced here in the EU for what it is, but I am curious about what it can do with UE5 titles.

I think you are right regarding the the perception of frame reconstruction playing on a TV. A lot of crticisim regarding frame reconstruction is based on proximity to a high resolution monitors. Playing from 2-3m away, the artifacts are more difficult to see, and it seems PSSR is getting much, much closer to the DLSS as the benchmark than the terrible FSR.

hinch7

4K DLSS @ Quality is 1440P. 1180p would put it in between performance and balanced. Though PSSR is still behind image quality wise and if what DF says is true, also on the performance side too.

4k:

Quality: 2560x1440p
Balance: 2227x1253p
Performance: 1920x1080p
Ultra Perf: 1280x720p

1440P:
Quality: 1707x960p
Balance: 1485x835p
Performance: 1280x720p
Ultra Perf: 853x480p

Last edited:

ChiefDada

Gold Member
This is what I was talking about. There is no shadow flickering on the pro compare to the PC version.

Does the base ps5 version flicker like the PC one?

Yep same neck and shadow aliasing issues on base PS5 except more egregious on the forehead with the PC version as they are trying to cast a larger shadow print perhaps.

Now that I think about it, the stable shadows on PS5 Pro is reminiscent of what we're seeing in Death Stranding 2.

delishcaek

Neo Member
4K DLSS @ Quality is 1440P. 1180p would put it in between performance and balanced. Though PSSR is still behind image quality and if what DF says is true also performance.

4k:

Quality: 2560x1440p
Balance: 2227x1253p
Performance: 1920x1080p
Ultra Perf: 1280x720p

1440P:
Quality: 1707x960p
Balance: 1485x835p
Performance: 1280x720p
Ultra Perf: 853x480p

Thanks! I had Quality confused with Balanced.

Mr.Phoenix

It really is so silly. PC discussion needs to be banned from this thread. We need to judge the PS5 pro based on its own merits and the only comparisons should be with the PS5, x1x and ps4 pro.

I thought we were mature enough to discuss this by simply comparing it to PC parts but clearly not so lets keep at least one thread without platform warring.
I blame the mods. The amount of PC nonsense that pops up in every single PS5pro thread is so ridiculous that at this point it should be bannable. Either for thread derailing or trolling.

Initially, I thought it was ok, just talking about comparable PC hardware and what an equivalent PC would cost... but now its taken on a totally different life of its on and has become full-on platform warring.

Why is this allowed?

Justin9mm

Switching to PC is viable if you want to deal with a PC in general and miss out on exclusives like Astrobot

So in reality for many switching to PC is not the option

Those options consist of sticking with the current PS5 or upgrading to the pro

I am a huge PC gamer but imo just switch to PC shouldn't be part of this equation
^ Agreed. People also forget that console gamers from PS4 to PS5 have built quite a library, especially with digital within the PS ecosystem so just leaving all that behind is also not viable

Last edited:

sachos

I cant believe they are using Performance RT settings in ratchet. Cerny said that the whole idea was to get fidelity modes to run at 60 fps. This is simply not true in this case.
Yeah, thats the big disappointment for me. It already is breaking the promise of Fidelity mode at 60. TLoU2 is doing it the right way. Lets hope the other first party studios can get it working better for launch.

Mr.Phoenix

Nailed it.

And I feel that is the primary issue with a lot of PC gamers. They just fundamentally misunderstand the appeal of consoles. And I would add, are too narcissistic to at the very least respect the choices or preferences of others. To most PC gamers, the rigors you described in your post, is so normal to us that we have even started getting a kick out of it. I for one know how good I feel when I finally find that .ini setting on some site that suddenly allows me to claw back 10fps because some stupid game did not allow me to adjust a particular setting.

But at no point do I ever, or have I ever gone and attacked someone simply because they are interested in, or buying something that I am not interested in. And that's what I just find crazy about some of our PC friends on here. And most PC gamers in general. They all have a god complex... or as I said earlier, a narcissistic personality disorder. And naturally, they don't know they have it.

Or like the Alex guy saying if you want 60fps in everything don't get a PS5pro... what of if you don't care about 60fps in everything and just want to get the best console experience possible? What of if whatever you get from the console is good enough for you? What of if you just don't like gaming on PC? Like they say games on PC like its the exact same thing... I have been gaming on PC since I was 7... hell, a PC was my first ever gaming experience was on an Amstrad with those fucking cassette tapes and 28-minute loading times.

Just annoying. Like that annoying obnoxious kid who is trying to show everyone in class his new pencil. That is honestly how I see most PC gamers these days.

Jesb

I blame the mods. The amount of PC nonsense that pops up in every single PS5pro thread is so ridiculous that at this point it should be bannable. Either for thread derailing or trolling.

Initially, I thought it was ok, just talking about comparable PC hardware and what an equivalent PC would cost... but now its taken on a totally different life of its on and has become full-on platform warring.

Why is this allowed?
Consoles are not 300 anymore. Now they are close to a price of a pc build so it’s only natural that your going to see pc enter the discussion.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Consoles are not 300 anymore. Now they are close to a price of a pc build so it’s only natural that your going to see pc enter the discussion.

It's an uneven discussion on both fronts.

A sizable, if not majority, of console gamers don't want to get into PC gaming, they want an easier plug and play solution. So comparisons to PC are 'unfair' to them.
A person who invests in a decent PC rig gets a lot more utility out of it than just gaming. It's a true multi-purpose machine for work and recreation. So linear comparisons to Console prices are 'unfair' to them.

Mr.Phoenix

I cant believe they are using Performance RT settings in ratchet. Cerny said that the whole idea was to get fidelity modes to run at 60 fps. This is simply not true in this case.
That was one I found strange too, and the even stranger way they went about doing it. They are using performance RT settings for everything except the base rez, for that they are using the fidelity + (40fps) resolution. Rendering internally at 17XXp or so.

Why didn't they just keep the fidelity settings and drop the internal rez to 1440p, then use PSSR to get that to 4K. I am sure they end up with something that looks very close to the IQ of fidelity mode but running at 60fps. And RT is also rez dependent, so they would even be taking less of a performance hit on the RT.

Weird choice to me.

And they can enter the discussion all they want. But when they start saying stuff like... just buy a PC, or You must be stupid/fools to buy a console, or You guys are sheep... or calling people fanboys that do not agree with their "advice"...

Won't you say that is crossing the line?

How is that constructive in any way?

Last edited:

Jesb

Nailed it.

And I feel that is the primary issue with a lot of PC gamers. They just fundamentally misunderstand the appeal of consoles. And I would add, are too narcissistic to at the very least respect the choices or preferences of others. To most PC gamers, the rigors you described in your post, is so normal to us that we have even started getting a kick out of it. I for one know how good I feel when I finally find that .ini setting on some site that suddenly allows me to claw back 10fps because some stupid game did not allow me to adjust a particular setting.

But at no point do I ever, or have I ever gone and attacked someone simply because they are interested in, or buying something that I am not interested in. And that's what I just find crazy about some of our PC friends on here. And most PC gamers in general. They all have a god complex... or as I said earlier, a narcissistic personality disorder. And naturally, they don't know they have it.

Or like the Alex guy saying if you want 60fps in everything don't get a PS5pro... what of if you don't care about 60fps in everything and just want to get the best console experience possible? What of if whatever you get from the console is good enough for you? What of if you just don't like gaming on PC? Like they say games on PC like its the exact same thing... I have been gaming on PC since I was 7... hell, a PC was my first ever gaming experience was on an Amstrad with those fucking cassette tapes and 28-minute loading times.

Just annoying. Like that annoying obnoxious kid who is trying to show everyone in class his new pencil. That is honestly how I see most PC gamers these days.
I feel this is another thing that GFN is absolutely hitting out of the park. No need to mess with anything, no more logging into your accounts. This wasn’t the case before but now all launchers just automatically work. Might have the odd time when it doesn’t but it’s instant gaming most of the time. Consoles are obviously still ahead for not having to trouble shoot anything. GFN is also far from perfect as adding ubi titles can get frustrating if they’re not showing up in your library. You actually have to manually add them in. Eventually I do see GFN just as seamless as consoles.

Mr.Phoenix

It's an uneven discussion on both fronts.

A sizable, if not majority, of console gamers don't want to get into PC gaming, they want an easier plug and play solution. So comparisons to PC are 'unfair' to them.
A person who invests in a decent PC rig gets a lot more utility out of it than just gaming. It's a true multi-purpose machine for work and recreation. So linear comparisons to Console prices are 'unfair' to them.
Agreed... but I feel these are comparisons that shouldn't be made at all. Period. Like you don't see anyone comparing the PS5 to the Nintendo Switch. And both are consoles. But we just know ist not sensible to do so.

Why can't the same be said for PC?

I don't even mind general comparisons, like oh the PS5pro GPU is equivalent to the such and such GPU in performance...etc. Nothing wrong there, it's not like any sane thinking person doesn't know that PCs hold the title at both ends of the spectrum of performance, they own the weakest spec and the highest spec... so where does the need to justify the PC come from to the point where they start attacking people that just prefer to game on consoles? Or where do they get this compulsion to tell people to "just get a PC"?

reinking

Gold Member
Monthly sub for the remaining 4 years of the gen is gonna be $1440 lol

Guess what? I dropped PS+ and have not missed it. No monthly sub for me. LOLOLOL

People making these dishonest claims trying to increase the costs of the Pro are ridiculous. So, PS5/XBS players still owe over a grand for their consoles? If you pay for the service, you pay for the service regardless of what you play on.

That was one I found strange too, and the even stranger way they went about doing it. They are using performance RT settings for everything except the base rez, for that they are using the fidelity + (40fps) resolution. Rendering internally at 17XXp or so.

Why didn't they just keep the fidelity settings and drop the internal rez to 1440p, then use PSSR to get that to 4K. I am sure they end up with something that looks very close to the IQ of fidelity mode but running at 60fps. And RT is also rez dependent, so they would even be taking less of a performance hit on the RT.

Weird choice to me.
Frankly with the data we currently have, some of the technical decisions taken on certain games are still a little strange, I wonder if these versions were not made in a hurry because they had to have something to present for the console announcement.

It will be interesting to see if things have evolved in terms of optimization on these games when the console is released, which is several weeks away.

hinch7

Nailed it.

I mean he's not entirely wrong, he's just fairly obnoxious when it comes to consoles and regularly scoffs at them. And yes PC gaming isn't for everyone.

Just don't emotionally invested in these talks and debates. Let the games do the talking and enjoy the hobby and discussions.

Last edited:

demigod

My gaming experience with gfn with Alan Wake 2 and every other game will far exceed that on PS5 pro.

Cost of this experience versus PS5 pro.

Shield tv device $200
Monthly subscription $30
Monthly subscription to Gamepass $30.

Total cost $260

PS5 Pro $960

🙃
This is not the win like you think it is. That’s $360 a year for a hardware rental service. A PS5 Pro will last you at least another 6 years. That’s $2160+260 not including Gamepass, another rental service. And how come you didn’t factor in the internet cost which BOTH of these services require? Of course you are being disingenuous.

Bojji

So, for AW2:

$699 PS5PRO => 860p + PSSR = 4k 60FPS
$2000 4090 => 1080p + DLSS = 4k 80FPS

PS5 wins hands down.

Only if your are retarded.

Not gonna lie, I wasn't expecting this from you. Maybe I had you figured wrong all along? Always thought you were among the more level-headed people. And based on that initial impression, I would indulge you with an actual proper response.

So? Its still better than the base PS5, which is the whole point of what its attempting to do. Its not attempting to be better than a $1200 PC, which is what you need to spend to match or beat this. Its attempting to be better than the base PS5. It accomplished what it set out to do.

Why is this so hard to understand... or more importantly, accept?

And that's a bad thing? Come the end of this year, every one that owns or used to buy AMD GPUs, will also be shown what they have been missing out with Nvidia GPUs since 2019. But that's a good thing, but when its down one a console... its bad?

And what's worse is this, you cant make that statement, acknowledging that this thing is bringing something new to the table in the console space, and at the same time say its nothing, because its been on the PC for years. This is a console.... not a PC.

Now this is a very shallow and ignorant take to make bro, all because certain people prefer to game or play on consoles doesn't make them sheeps.

And they are not being ripped off... who are you to say that? How do you know this? Because you feel its should be priced at what? Why? based on what?

unless you can show me how you can build something priced at under $700 with equivalent power to a PS5pro, you simply cannot say anyone is being ripped off. Simple because you feel its a console and should not just be priced at under $700... but also come with some things.

Being more expensive than the norm, is not what it means to rip someone off. And I believe you know this.

And you say this, calling people fanboys? You need to see how you sound.

You could see my posts from months ago. Everything that is happening only confirms what I was saying. Difference is I wanted to buy this console day one, but after what what they did with the price AND lack of disc drive? No.

Funny thing is that MAJORITY of console fans in PS5 pro thread expected 500$ console, 600$ was "too much" and now they are fine with 700$ without the disc drive lol.

I mean honestly I can't wait for an actual PS5 pro thread with no toxic PC conversion meta commentary I love having the DLSS conversations but telling people to just get a PC ad nauseum in every thread is a complete waste of time how about making a thread titled "Guide to building a PC so people can leave console" if you're that passionate about it maybe you can find some converts in there.

You need safe space?

Why do you care what they think?

To me the ones who fight tooth and nail to convince others how dumb they are are the insecure ones.

Such as you

I don't care about this console thanks to Sony, and I SHOULD care. I had all their consoles and was mainly a console player through my life.

pasterpl

Man this new console isn’t moving the needle at all.
It’s enthusiast console, never aimed to push millions on launch. It will probably sell 4-5% of what standard PS5 sales in its lifetime (still healthy numbers, millions, but let’s not go crazy, it is not a new gen launch).

Codeblew

BRO.............did you just post a picture of you buying $2800 of PC parts in a PS5 Pro thread?! :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy:

You PC Master Race guys are literally nuts! What are we doing here?
What a waste of money. You could buy 4 PS5 Pro's with that!

I also have a decent gaming rig but I am not one of these PSMR small-peen dweebs.

Weird how you can afford a PS5 Pro every week but can't be bothered to change out that CPU for a better one.
Exactly, why would you spend that much on a graphics card and not spend just a little bit more for the best gaming CPU.

Last edited:

sendit

Build me 4070 level PC at 700 dollars. The appeal of PC gaming is to get an experience that is exponentially better than what you can get on consoles. Why even bother with PC gaming if you just want the bare minimum console level performance?

Last edited:
Break it down for me playa station

X92FNQ5.gif

kevboard

Build me 4070 level PC at 700 dollars. The appeal of PC gaming is to get an experience that is exponentially better than what you can get on consoles. Why even bother with PC gaming if you just want the bare minimum console level performance?

the US price is the only one that is slightly below such a PC.
Japan, UK, Euro-zone, in all of them you can get a 4070 level PC for the same price (give or take 20-50€)

bundylove

Just finished watching.

Basically they just showed pssr in action and nothing more.

None of the games appear to be native pro titles rarher native ps5 titles brought up to 4k with pssr.

So what is gaf so worried about?

Because telling someone they are gonna have to spend 1500$+ to simply get 30+ more frames or a slightly higher native resolution of the exact same game doesent sound as appealing...I remember the golden days of pc gaming when pc games were literally vastly superior games then console it was like ps3 to ps5 now its spending thousands to get something the average joe wouldn't even notice

Last edited:

Det

Neo Member
Because telling someone they are gonna have to spend 1500$+ to simply get 30+ more frames or a slightly higher native resolution of the exact same game doesent sound as appealing...I remember the golden days of pc gaming when pc games were literally vastly superior games then console it was like ps3 to ps5 now its spending thousands to get something the average joe wouldn't even notice
I remember the time when PC had exclusive games...

Now Nvidia has to pay for a video from the digital foundry where they try to demonstrate that the PS5 running Spiderman at 60fps is bad, choppy, and you need a 4090 to run 120fps, which is the only way it will be truly smooth 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡

Gaiff

SBI’s Resident Gaslighter
Juat got home.

Will watch this df episode on my 85inch in 4k tv to see the image quality i can get out of the pro.

I Am sure i will be happy with it.

And to all of you pc wankers, consider yourself lucky. As a married man and fearfull husband, my wife would kill me if i would drop thousands on a gaming pc at home.

So for people like me, the closest i can get to a pc experience is the ps5 pro.

Maybe one day i will choke her with her lulus ans figgs she has no problem spending hundreds on every month, but till then this is my allowance.
I told mine my 4090 cost $400. Women wouldn’t understand.

sachos

Im trying to find content showing R&C running 4K Performance High Settings on a 3070 Ti with RT On and its seemingly impossible to find lol.

Checking the TechPowerUp performance test and damn this game is way heavier than i thought it was.
1% Low of 37FPS at 1080p native all maxed out.
min-fps-rt-1920-1080.png

Last edited:

sachos

VRAM issue. 2080 Ti holds 40fps. 4060 Ti 16GB is 41fps, but the 8GB is 28.
True. Plus we dont even know if the RT capability of the pro will reach 3070 Ti levels either. Damn its hard to extrapolate with so many variables haha.

Even the IGN DF fanboy's are struggling to demonstrate the £700 advantage. I never look or agree with comparing a console to the PC , but just comparing a PS5 to a PS5 Pro one isn't seeing £700 quids worth of difference, but it's early days and the showing by SONY was utterly piss poor.

kevboard

Switching to PC is viable if you want to deal with a PC in general and miss out on exclusives like Astrobot

So in reality for many switching to PC is not the option

Those options consist of sticking with the current PS5 or upgrading to the pro

I am a huge PC gamer but imo just switch to PC shouldn't be part of this equation

I don't think it's about "stay with the PS5" vs. "switch to PC"

my perspective is this:
firstly, the PS5 Pro is a miniscule upgrade over the PS5. I can get a far superior PC upgrade for the same money

but the main reason is that the main benefit of the PS5 Pro is that FSR2 will no longer be in use, and that some games get Raytracing features where there were none before.
but which games are this mainly? it's 3rd party games. games I can play on PC.
Sony's own games already have really good image quality in performance mode, because they typically don't rely on FSR2. even the one outlier Horizon Forbidden West, which actually looked like ass on launch, was fixed eventually and now looks decent.

Sony's own games will have the smallest upgrade from base to Pro. they do not generally have an issue that needs to be solved by this upgrade. that is the smallest upgrade on the smallest console hardware upgrade ever.
so it is third party games that need fixing. games like Alan Wake 2, games like Star Wars Jedi Survivor, or Wukong. those and games like it are the "problem games"

so from my perspective it is PS5 Pro vs. a sizeable GPU upgrade that gives me far superior quality in these "problem games", while my base PS5 (well, 2 PS5s) will be just fine for exclusives like Astro Bot, or GT7.

that is my main reason to not get the Pro and instead upgrade my PC. Sony games don't need the upgrade, and third party games will get a far bigger improvement if I play them on an upgraded PC

Last edited:

Dorfdad

Gold Member
Also SPORTS games are almost exclusively on consoles, that's a huge amount of gamers as well. All the system have their benefits and if I can get graphically equivalent to my eyes on a tv 4K/60 120 with whatever type of upscaling Im happy. I'll gladly pay $700.00 to not have to worry about tweaking every setting on my bios, drivers, GPU software, internal game configurations trying to get an acceptable happy frame rate and graphics setting.

Im all for those who love it and love to tinker, I just can't be asked to do it anymore. Consoles are just so much easier and yes they have downsides, but man can we just let people like what they want without constantly shitting on them.

90% of your botching about its not 5090 and i9 14000K levels of specs probably bought a switch because you want to play the games!

sendit

It's not just higher native resolution or more frames. Its higher everything:
  • Resolution (ultrawide)
  • Texture Quality
  • Anti-Aliasing
  • Shadow Quality
  • Lighting and Reflection Effects
  • Post-Processing Effects
  • Level of Detail (LOD)
  • Texture Streaming
  • Shader Quality
  • Field of View (FOV)
  • Ray Tracing (RTGI)
I do agree with your last statement though, most people probably wouldn't notice (or care) until they get a side by side comparison.

Last edited:
Top Bottom