• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

garath

I wish there were good 1h Crusader builds that synergized better with block or attack speed. I tried specing thorns; even with 30k thorns and Iron Maiden/Iron Skin, damage is a joke.

I just got a str rolled shard of hate on my DH over the weekend. I'm going to be trying some sort of 1H build on the crusader to make use of it. Surely there's something.

jblank83

Should I reroll the fire damage higher or roll off the VIT for something else?
cW7Pcye.png

I'd just reroll the fire damage up to 20.

Totakeke

So far 1h builds have been meh compared to the 2h builds I can make. The key problem is always wrath. You consume more while doing less damage, so you end up using generators and I don't think the 15% CDR is enough to offset the difference.

I do think some decent amount of LoH could make a 1h sustain build work. I also don't have an Odyn Son to test and I think that could be the best 1h weapon that's not tied to a skill.

plenilune

Blessed Shield synergizes with both of those.

Yes it does, but it's so cookie-cutter :\
I am kind of liking Shield Bash for the same reason (block % as damage), but stupidly doesn't scale with attack speed. So in the sense a slower 2h benefits more. Hoping Blizzard changes that.

Tendo

They work like death breaths now. Much higher chance of dropping on higher torment levels. I don't have the chart handy but it's like 12% increase per level?

For some of the crafting mats, where the unique enemy spawns are really low (eg Essence of Twin Seas) you want to ratchet up to the highest torment level you can handle. You will get a significant drop rate boost. I think at T6 it is nearly ~75% drop chance. But even T3 is a noticeable drop increase.

Join a mat farming community (I think it's called "mat farming") then find the bounties you need on t4-6 and announce it in chat. Geared players will come help you kill it.

If you can get tanky enough to actually navigate to the guy that needs to be killed it will be pretty smooth otherwise it can get kind of disorganized.

When I search for mats I always pre-clear the area around the guy that drops the mat so people don't get lost and stuff.

Thank you for the advice! I'll join that community and get to work this weekend.

I just got a sweet amulet that took my monk to 10 million health but dropped my dps back to around 400k so I feel I'm about ready to step comfortably into torment 2.

Celegus

I'd just reroll the fire damage up to 20.

That's what I would do, since you can't get all res and the str/vit rolls are decent. Very nice coat indeed.

I just got a str rolled shard of hate on my DH over the weekend. I'm going to be trying some sort of 1H build on the crusader to make use of it. Surely there's something.

Based on the proc coefficients, the lightning rune on Slash is the way to go for this. With over 2 attacks per second on mine, this thing just shoots out lightning like nobody's business. Would love to find a lightning Andariel's for him.

I didn't realize you could reroll the fire dmg on a cindercoat. But I've never dropped one with 3 sockets so I haven't had the luxury of checking :(

Shifty76

So I switched my lightning monk to fire as I was sick of being stonewalled on T4. Currently running Druins TR/Epiphany build and it's working pretty nice so far. Great for bounties anyway.

Still missing hexing pants, fire dmg on my SoJ and Harrington, but can rush (no pun intended) through T3 rifts at a fairly decent clip.

Here's a vid of a T3 rift I recorded of it in action (currently processing - might be a couple of mins before its viewable)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHiVgs07aCQ&feature=youtu.be

ferr

What a difference a week makes, bunch of my gear changed and my DH build has been entirely converted to sentry. And T5 is a walk in the park. Still need Rucksack and T&T.

It's probably overkill but I switched out all chest emeralds and leg emeralds for 5x imperial diamonds to put me at 900-1300 resistance. Went from 3-4 random deaths in T5 to 0. Usually those deaths were from Thunderstorm or random burst damage that's hard to avoid. I may swap in 2x emeralds to increase damage..

Oh and an enchantress 'cannot die' focus dropped.. just need another unity.

The unity trick makes T6 smooth sailing for my DH. The only thing that still instakills me is Eskandiels stupid vortex attack.

Pretty boring day as far as drops go. Only nice item I found was a Count Julia (the arcane immune thing) that rolled 95% chd so I rerolled the min attack speed to cc. Nice for the occasional swap around in a hectic situation

The unity trick makes T6 smooth sailing for my DH. The only thing that still instakills me is Eskandiels stupid vortex attack.

Pretty boring day as far as drops go. Only nice item I found was a Count Julia (the arcane immune thing) that rolled 95% chd so I rerolled the min attack speed to cc. Nice for the occasional swap around in a hectic situation

What is the unity trick? Unity on you and follower with the never die follower legendary relic?

What is the unity trick? Unity on you and follower with the never die follower legendary relic?

Yeah that's it. I don't know if it's intentional but, rather than your follower not dying like it says, they're actually invincible. So if damage gets divided between you, and the follower doesn't take any, you only receive half.

If their health depleted this wouldn't be the case

ferr

I ran into that yesterday and died like 4 times in a row. I don't know what the deal is with that but it seemed like I was dying without even being hit and I wasn't even that close to him. Thought he was bugged because of that.

I ran into that yesterday and died like 4 times in a row. I don't know what the deal is with that but it seemed like I was dying without even being hit and I wasn't even that close to him. Thought he was bugged because of that.

It's similar to your usual vortex affix except it does obscene damage. No way to anticipate it either.

I just go offscreen now while my sentries kill him

The Cowboy

Now i have my full CDR Archon build, i really think Blizzard should make a couple of changes to the Archon skill.

I really think the default 120 second cooldown is to high and i think the rune that drops it to 100 seconds should become the default cooldown, with this freeing up a rune slot they should make a new one that gives an extra skill ala Slow time and Teleport.

Black Hole - Archon form can cast Black Hole with 9 second cooldown..

Wit this the non full build has more choice in how you run it (you can have Slow Time, Teleport or Black Hole), and with a Vyr's set you gain everything as before meaning you have more utility with Black Hole being added.
-
I really do like the full CDR Archon build a lot, it just feels kinda lacking for how much you need to get it, and the default version to me just doesn't seem worth it when its 20 seconds of Archon with a 120 second cooldown.

Just got my 3rd piece of vyr's to use the 4 piece with rrog. Instead of going CDR though I wanna experiment using my trag'oul bracers that reduce cooldowns by 47 seconds whenever I use a healing well. I don't even have to use em as my primary bracers, i'll just pop em on when I use a well.

I'm sure I'll run into some instances where I can't find one but I'm sure that will happen sometimes.

Build I'm rocking.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/arcstrike-1175/hero/15317837

Omnicent

Anyone watch that chinese monk clear T6 in 8 min. Gives me some hope (sadly I salvaged a dex rimehart a long time ago before I knew better FML. Though not like I'd ever get frost burns either and they seem bugged since the proc goes off on any skill as long as your weapon has cold damage)

Dahbomb

Anyone watch that chinese monk clear T6 in 8 min. Gives me some hope (sadly I salvaged a dex rimehart a long time ago before I knew better FML. Though not like I'd ever get frost burns either and they seem bugged since the proc goes off on any skill as long as your weapon has cold damage)
Oh wow.... this is actually pretty damn interesting.

Too bad this will get "fixed". No way would the procs be going off of non Cold skills (like EP in this case).

Eliciel

Well a lot of good things dropped and a bunch of things are still missing. T4 is efficient right now. Long way to go for efficient T5, T6....need a lot of +%fire dmg items worthwile exchanging with the ones I already have in my stash. On the other hand playing with Mel (crazy WD here at Neogaf guild) turns every game into efficient no matter which Torment lvl.

Greetings to all other guys from the gaf, Akai next thunderfury is yours :p

http://eu.battle.net/d3/de/profile/Eliciel-2263/hero/1708295

I'm thinking about trying out the "no fury spender" build and taking in the berserker rage passive rune with Frenzy Maniac. I think this will greatly synergize with Leap (strongarm bracers..)...maybe also stomp. We'll see.

Other than that...well there are so many different play styles out there. So many different build possibilites. The moment you get all this equipment you realize that D3 can be played in very different kind of ways and it's really fun trying all of them out (at least if you have the luck finding items...)

Found full raekors also and unity...heading for fire equipment.
....to be continued

Firemind

That feeling when a Death's Breath drops from an elite pack before/after a special unique, but not the mat from the special unique. #firstworldproblems

Boogdud

Well, got a thunderfury tonight. Int/vit with 371% proc.

Not sure if I should reroll the vitality to damage% or reroll the int and send it over to my crusader.

I already have a decent doombringer on my wd who is a TMF pet build. So not really sure what to do...

WD

Crus

Any advice?

jblank83

I'm assuming the extra lightning damage range is decent (high end at the mid 1300s), so I recommend rolling the vit to %dmg.

Rolling INT to STR will just turn a top tier INT weapon into a short term CRU weapon that'll be dropped as soon as you find something more appropriate, like Gyrfalcon.

Boogdud

I'm assuming the extra lightning damage range is decent (high end at the mid 1300s), so I recommend rolling the vit to %dmg.

Rolling INT to STR will just turn a top tier INT weapon into a short term CRU weapon that'll be dropped as soon as you find something more appropriate, like Gyrfalcon.

Good point, thanks for the advice. Crusader needs a good flail anyway.

Lain

I got a pair of Vyr gloves (I was hoping to find the boots, but maybe in the future, I guess), so now I can use the 4p effect from the set thanks to a RRoG and, with the little CDR I have I can already see it being so damn good, though I did have to sacrifice some Cold% for that CDR.
On the other hand, I'm finding myself having a weird time doing T3 solo. Sometimes I seem to be destroying everything, sometimes I end up dieing damn easily.

I'm running Cold and I was wondering if any experienced Wizard could give me some suggestions about what to switch around, gear wise or talent wise, to be able to do better.
This is what I'm currently using: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Lain-2267/hero/105408

I got a pair of Vyr gloves (I was hoping to find the boots, but maybe in the future, I guess), so now I can use the 4p effect from the set thanks to a RRoG and, with the little CDR I have I can already see it being so damn good, though I did have to sacrifice some Cold% for that CDR.
On the other hand, I'm finding myself having a weird time doing T3 solo. Sometimes I seem to be destroying everything, sometimes I end up dieing damn easily.

I'm running Cold and I was wondering if any experienced Wizard could give me some suggestions about what to switch around, gear wise or talent wise, to be able to do better.
This is what I'm currently using: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Lain-2267/hero/105408

I also run as cold. You could swap out storm armor for black hole with spell steal. It gives you a huge dmg boost when you encounter clustered big groups, hitting a group of 10 enemies will give a 30% increase in dmg making it much easier to take them out.

Here's my build I'm currently going with.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/arcstrike-1175/hero/15317837

bcl0328

i will be pissed if they add seasons. i spent so much time on my wiz. just for it to be shelved would make me furious.

i know you can still play it, but i guarantee they will have season only items or something.

ZenaxPure

i will be pissed if they add seasons. i spent so much time on my wiz. just for it to be shelved would make me furious.

i know you can still play it, but i guarantee they will have season only items or something.

Well... I have bad news for you because we've known that both of those things are happening in 2.1. We've known for literally months now.

Personally I'm looking forward to seasons a lot, but, I am also looking forward to tiered rifts on my current Barbarian who is in basically in the best gear I can get and tiered rifts will give me something more to do with it (they just seem fun in general).

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness

Ha, cool. I've got the Frostburn gloves, just no Rimeheart. At least I know to look for a cold damage weapon to trigger the freeze.

Totakeke

Can't wait for seasons. I've got almost everything on my crusader now and I'm not someone who spends countless hours just to minmax everything. I like building and testing builds much more than setting records. I don't want to start another class right now too with seasons coming around, rather spend the time elsewhere.

roarcraft

Neo Member
yGJAfmE.jpg

Hey guys,

Wanted some advice on which stat to reroll on this magefist on my crusader.
Obvious choice would be INT for STR, but I am also open to rerolling the CDR for Crit Chance and saving the Magefist for a Fire Wizard. What do you guys think?

Also any room left in the NeoGAF clan?

Thanks!

Tarazet

If you're going to use that Magefist for a Wizard, IAS has no real effect on how much damage you can do as a Wizard - sheet damage be damned - but CDR does. I would reroll the IAS to CC.

Speaking of which, I got my HC Wizard to 70 today. I was so pissed because at level 67, he got a Stone of Jordan. Lightning. I mean, I'm still using it, but everything else I've gotten has been Fire and I don't even have enough gems to reroll it yet.. and even if I do, it doesn't have level 70 rolls!!!

http://www.diabloprogress.com/hero/tarazet-1231/Warks/47773242

scy

Well... I have bad news for you because we've known that both of those things are happening in 2.1. We've known for literally months now.

Personally I'm looking forward to seasons a lot, but, I am also looking forward to tiered rifts on my current Barbarian who is in basically in the best gear I can get and tiered rifts will give me something more to do with it (they just seem fun in general).

I really wish Tiered Rifts hit WITHOUT ladders for at least one patch cycle. Would be nice to play through the content and then go into ladders rather then restarting first :(

ZenaxPure

I really wish Tiered Rifts hit WITHOUT ladders for at least one patch cycle. Would be nice to play through the content and then go into ladders rather then restarting first :(

Part of me wishes it as well, but, I guess I don't mind too much really. I will just end up splitting my time between my season character and my others in tiered rifts based on my mood.

Pretty lucky today

Gambled Marauder chest from Kadala, found a Nat Slayer and got a surprisingly good Shadow chest (buff pls) all in one session. I have all the Shadow set now and the pieces are pretty boss. The Nat Slayer means I completed that set too (by which I mean found all the pieces)

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Is there a bounty for every possible elite monsters that drop legendary materials? I need to kill either Bashiok or Ashangu in Dalguhr Oasis, but I always get some worthless cave bounty. I don't want to explore that whole map if there is no guarantees I can find one of these guys, so bounties are my only option.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom