• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Discobird

Obviously singled out was the clear winner but not that practical for every day killing. steady aim was very effective though.

Single Out is actually great for everyday killing, it's highly underrated.

My thoughts on it here. The tl;dr is that it greatly speeds up the toughest fights (it's a 40% DPS buff against isolated targets with my particular stats) and the toughest fights make up a disproportionate amount of your time unless you're playing at a faceroll difficulty. It's a regular on my bar.

RDreamer

Pretty happy that my Wizard went pretty much straight to T2/3 right at hitting level 70. As I said before, I got a 2 missile mirrorball right off the bat. I also had a lot of shit sitting around that I converted for my Wiz. The SOJ had dropped on my Crusader, and I haven't touched it yet. Not sure what to re-roll if anything. Kadala also blessed me with a magefist. It didn't roll that well, but it'll do.

I've got 104% fire damage already and 39% elite damage.

Any big tips on what to do? I kind of think my goal is the same shit only better. I need crit chance on a lot of pieces like my bracers and amulet. The build seems to work well enough. The profile says a lot lower cool down than I actually have. In game it's like 46% I think. It's enough that archon is on quite a bit. Busting down elites is rather fun. I just throw a wormhole and mash on meteors until I'm depleted and then turn to archon quickly and fuck 'em up with that. They just melt.

I guess for builds I might need tips on passives. I can't tell which four are best. I think I need blur. I like having evocation to give me archon a lot quicker. Then it comes down to what to use between Conflagration, Unwavering Will, and Audacity.

Also does Magic Weapon work on skills or just magic missile type stuff? Like does magic weapon up my meteor damage?

Boogdud

So in today's game is aps more important than raw stats int/vit/crit for WD pets? I really haven't seriously played the class since they lifted the crit damage cap on pets. Unfortunately I just have 33% fire and 34% physical so I'm kind of 'in between' but I don't have any aps gear (just 17%). My pets hit pretty hard and I can do T3 and 4 pretty easily, but I feel like my big dog should be hitting harder than he is with fire. He's getting typically 20-30m crits on his main attack but I'd think he would get more with those %.

I just can't get TT to drop from kadala, that would probably help considerably.

JCizzle

Do DOTs update real time? For example, I cast locust swarm and it starts spreading. Five seconds later I sacrifice my dogs for a 20% damage buff. Will the existing swarm DOT update automatically, or do I need to recast it?

So for weapon sockets, ruby or emerald? Or does it really depend on your stats? I was always under the impression that ruby was the way to go to get more damage.

datamage

Do DOTs update real time? For example, I cast locust swarm and it starts spreading. Five seconds later I sacrifice my dogs for a 20% damage buff. Will the existing swarm DOT update automatically, or do I need to recast it?

I've actually wondered this for quite some time. Anyone know?

Madn

Hi, I'm a monk and I found this amulet:

2UMMEwL.png

Is it worth to reroll it? If so, what should I reroll and into what?

This is the one I currently have equipped (it's pre-RoS so i can't reroll it):

NxySy08.png

ElyrionX

Today, I joined a pub T4 game. First rift, found two Stafire Wands within a minute of esch other. Next rift, found two Moonlight Wards within a minute of each other.

garath

Hi, I'm a monk and I found this amulet:

2UMMEwL.png

Is it worth to reroll it? If so, what should I reroll and into what?

This is the one I currently have equipped (it's pre-RoS so i can't reroll it):

NxySy08.png

I have that same amulet. Almost the same rolls too. I couldn't really find a use for it. I don't want to lose the 75%+ CHD or 9.5% CC from current amulets :(

You will find more amulets to replace that pre-RoS one.

Madn

I have that same amulet. Almost the same rolls too. I couldn't really find a use for it. I don't want to lose the 75%+ CHD or 9.5% CC from current amulets :(

You will find more amulets to replace that pre-RoS one.

It isn't worth it. Keep looking.

Thanks for the answer! I was hoping the +fire DMG would have compensated the lack of crit but I guess I overstimated it

Tyreny

Thanks for the answer! I was hoping the +fire DMG would have compensated the lack of crit but I guess I overstimated it

I had a similar situation with an Amulet that dropped for me with +% Fire at the expense of 98% crit damage. At first I thought the Fire % being higher than the sheet damage loss % meant go with the fire % but I didn't factor in the fact that for every point of sheet DPS you lose, you are actually losing that + your total + % elemental and elite damage.

Example:

100 sheet DPS and 50% elemental/elite damage, trade -10% sheet damage for +10% elemental/elite damage

Before: 100dps + 50% add on = 150dps
After: 90dps + 60% add on = 144dps

It takes a disproportionate amount of + % Damage to compensate for a % loss in sheet dps.

I find it best to check diabloprogress.com each time I have a situation like that. The % damage additions aren't as straightforward as I've put here and there can be some unexpected outcomes, especially when stacking elemental and elite.

Madn

I had a similar situation with an Amulet that dropped for me with +% Fire at the expense of 98% crit damage. At first I thought the Fire % being higher than the sheet damage loss % meant go with the fire % but I didn't factor in the fact that for every point of sheet DPS you lose, you are actually losing that + your total + % elemental and elite damage.

Example:

100 sheet DPS and 50% elemental/elite damage, trade -10% sheet damage for +10% elemental/elite damage

It takes a disproportionate amount of + % Damage to compensate for a % loss in sheet dps.

I find it best to check diabloprogress.com each time I have a situation like that. The % damage additions aren't as straightforward as I've put here and there can be some unexpected outcomes, especially when stacking elemental and elite.

I see, that makes sense. Thanks for the explanation

RDreamer

The +fire DMG and Dex absolutely does make up for the lack compared to your current amulet. I don't know if I'd waste much trying to reroll to crit, but it's absolutely better than your current amulet right now (assuming you're primarily using fire skills).

Example:

He should probably link his profile but if he's rolling a level 60 amulet like that I really doubt he has high elemental/elite damage going on the rest of his gear. I could be wrong, though. And still, I think it's probably going to be very close with the new one winning out. His old one had shit for dex. This new one also gives him a MASSIVE boost in toughness, so he can make up for dps by rerolling other slots then, too, possibly.

MartyStu

700 shards with no leg is not abnormal, the average is somewhere between 300-500 shards per legendary.
I've gone 2000 shards without one a few times, it all evens out over time.

Oh. Then my luck has been exceedingly good up until now.

I suppose this is everything evening out.

It is funny though: I have received multiple copies of Winter's Flurry and Light of Graces, but still no +2 Mirroballs.

I really wish +1s were not possible. Hurts man :(

jblank83

The +fire DMG and Dex absolutely does make up for the lack compared to your current amulet. I don't know if I'd waste much trying to reroll to crit, but it's absolutely better than your current amulet right now (assuming you're primarily using fire skills).

Go stand in a crowd of enemies, do 5 seconds of regular attacks with one amulet on and then do the same with the other. See which kills things faster.

Regardless, you'll easily find rare amulets better than that Eye of Elitch. Which means it's not worth crafting and wasting an Imperial gem for even one reroll.

CRA5H

Go stand in a crowd of enemies, do 5 seconds of regular attacks with one amulet on and then do the same with the other. See which kills things faster.

Regardless, you'll easily find rare amulets better than that Eye of Elitch. Which means it's not worth crafting and wasting an Imperial gem for even one reroll.
This is exactly what I do when I'm trying to figure out gear slotting.
Also, I find that an easy way to get a better ammy would be doing normal split Act 1 bounties and rolling for a Golden Gorget of Leoric. It could be just me but those drop very frequently for me and 80% of the time has very good rolls. I've had at least 8 drop with +elemental dmg % and CC/CHD.

For instance, check out my monk http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/CRA5H-1592/hero/45363445. In this case, I had to roll for fire because it was Cold. The fire one I picked up didn't roll as well as this did.

Insaniac

Well as I was finishing up the last Rift for the night, the Guardian dropped me Tal Rasha's Chest Piece. I'm so happy!!! The game rewarded me just was I was getting a little worn out hunting for Tals, and now I'm completely drawn back in >.>

RDreamer

This is exactly what I do when I'm trying to figure out gear slotting.
Also, I find that an easy way to get a better ammy would be doing normal split Act 1 bounties and rolling for a Golden Gorget of Leoric. It could be just me but those drop very frequently for me and 80% of the time has very good rolls. I've had at least 8 drop with +elemental dmg % and CC/CHD.

For instance, check out my monk http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/CRA5H-1592/hero/45363445. In this case, I had to roll for fire because it was Cold. The fire one I picked up didn't roll as well as this did.

No offense, but if he rerolled to CC his amulet would be better than yours or about on par. It'd be basically the same thing except the secondary on the Eltich is better.

Really, if he wants a balanced amulet, then reroll this one. If he wants an offensive one wait until he can get elemental, dex, cc, and CHD (missing one of those and reroll to it)

The Cowboy

You really need some Ice Climbers.
I have them already (i used them in my fire build and in a half Archon build), the Ice Climbers just don't fit in when using a full build CDR build as i need to drop the Vyr's gloves for the Gloves of Wisdom (to get the Archon cooldown to around 2 seconds) - meaning i need to use the Vyr's boots to get the 4 set bonus.

CRA5H

No offense, but if he rerolled to CC his amulet would be better than yours or about on par. It'd be basically the same thing except the secondary on the Eltich is better.

Really, if he wants a balanced amulet, then reroll this one. If he wants an offensive one wait until he can get elemental, dex, cc, and CHD (missing one of those and reroll to it)
Rolling this one would be the better option of those 2 ammys, yes. But you're missing the point of my post. If the OP is solely looking for an ammy upgrade beyond the Eltich, he can find this ammy much easier by doing 5 min normal split bounties than having one drop in a rift. I have a couple of these that rolled element 18-20%, 600+ INT, CHD 90-98%, and CC 8.5-10%. Like you said, for the present, rolling that ammy would be the best option. If he's looking for an offensive ammy, I'm directing him toward a quick path to getting one. Could just be my luck that these drops very frequently for me but RNG is RNG.

jblank83

Ah, only other thing to mention is you can replace the move speed on your boots with a good armor roll.

Move speed on boots is less valuable as you increase in paragon levels and damage mitigation becomes more important in higher torment levels.

Pacman2k

So I accidentally got a mirrorball last night (while playing on DH)

I haven't played wizard since pre-patch besides leveling up to 70 real quick. Can anyone give me the scoop on what the deal is with mirrorball, or link me to a build?

Would love to start being able to farm some decent INT gear for my Wiz/DH.

A guy on reddit found a severe exploit in the game.

I haven't played wizard since pre-patch besides leveling up to 70 real quick. Can anyone give me the scoop on what the deal is with mirrorball, or link me to a build?

Mirrorball makes magic missile fire 3 missiles instead of 1 (assuming you get a +2). That's making magic missile do 3x the dmg. Some wizards use that as their main dmg dealer with no arcane spenders because it's so good.

It always rolls cooldown too, which is great for just about every wizard build.

StMeph

So I accidentally got a mirrorball last night (while playing on DH)

Would love to start being able to farm some decent INT gear for my Wiz/DH.

How do you accidentally get a Mirrorball? Misclick on Kadala? Smart loot has a 15% chance to drop loot for another class/stat, but that's not an accident.

Mirrorball basically stacks Magic Missile skill bonus and Fire% using the Conflagrate rune.

How do you accidentally get a Mirrorball? Misclick on Kadala? Smart loot has a 15% chance to drop loot for another class/stat, but that's not an accident.

I got a Danetta's Revenge on my Monk out of a chest. When the Smart Loot roll goes off the reservation all bets are off.

Pacman2k

Mirrorball basically stacks Magic Missile skill bonus and Fire% using the Conflagrate rune.

Accident as in I was not looking for one, at all. I know about the 15% chance for non-smart loot, this is obviously one of those times.

Thanks for the info, will give it a try tonight and see what happens. I have an extra cindercoat lying around - might toss that on as well (even though it's dex) and go fire, the 3 socks for topaz should cover for a newbie wizard.

IceMarker

Went ahead and organized/documented all my mule contents. I have about 2.5 stash tabs and 1 full character inventory left for stashing items. Blizz pls give more stash space.

Damn Milk you play Diablo III way more than I thought! You have time for Diablo III AND Dota 2? I can't find time to juggle Dota 2, Diablo III, and Hearthstone!

CRA5H

Bless RNGesus..

JLDhMws.jpg

Just like my boots, spent 25K shards to no success. It then drops from RG on T4.
Very happy with the rolls too! Full set and now I can experiment further with Archon =)

bcl0328

Bless RNGesus..

JLDhMws.jpg

Just like my boots, spent 25K shards to no success. It then drops from RG on T4.
Very happy with the rolls too! Full set and now I can experiment further with Archon =)

wow. your 50% CHD inspired me to reroll my 45%. only got 48% on first try but i will take it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom