• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I reached that point with my DH where all my upgrades are better versions of things I already have, as far as this build anyway. Don't really mind since it's pretty damn fun.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/toastyToast-6810/hero/8039314

Lots of ground to cover but yeah basically the same items. I think i can get sheet to 1m and I definitely need to get another sentry damage bonus. Ideally that'd be on another Bombadier with vit built in and then I can roll for sentry damage. This one I have atm is 2m+ per reroll lol.

Oh yeah, I found a better Marauder helm in a quick rifting session too. The good times continue.

CRA5H

So I picked up another Odyn Son that has the same base dmg and a better proc rate but lower lightning% DMG.

Which Odyn Son is better to use?
37% proc rate with 16% lightning dmg

Or

30% process rate with 20% lightning dmg

Help me GAF!

Shifty76

Is there a bounty for every possible elite monsters that drop legendary materials? I need to kill either Bashiok or Ashangu in Dalguhr Oasis, but I always get some worthless cave bounty. I don't want to explore that whole map if there is no guarantees I can find one of these guys, so bounties are my only option.
Bashiok can be a bounty target

No.. I believe 34% CHD is the max roll for a weapon and it's one of the best things you can get on it. 7% Damage, on the other hand, is nothing compared with the benefit of a socket.

What? 34% on top of 400% or whatever instead of a base boost of 7% to ALL damage

Do not roll off that % damage. CHD had been nerfed to the ground as of 2.0. It's really not worth the affix slot anymore

Taz

What? 34% on top of 400% or whatever instead of a base boost of 7% to ALL damage

Do not roll of that % damage. CHD had been nerfed to the ground as of 2.0. It's really not worth the affix slot anymore

The 7% damage only applies to the weapons dps and CHD still gives the best dps increase as long as you have around 35-40%+ crit chance .

Artanisix

So I picked up another Odyn Son that has the same base dmg and a better proc rate but lower lightning% DMG.

Which Odyn Son is better to use?
37% proc rate with 16% lightning dmg

Or

30% process rate with 20% lightning dmg

Help me GAF!

Proc does not scale with elemental damage.

If you're using lightning skills, stick with the 20% light dmg one. Otherwise use the other one.

Taz

And your dps which is directly related from the weapon damage range effects all skills i.e everything

I get what your saying but it's not a flat 7% dmg increase like your trying to make it out to be.

Anyways if the weapon had no other stats that a dps range it would still beat any weapon you can get for a WD based on the proc alone so in the end it doesnt matter what he rerolls.

I get what your saying but it's not a flat 7% dmg increase like your trying to make it out to be.

Can you explain this because anything else would be insane. I'm not saying its a flat increase globally, I'm saying its a boost to the damage range and since everything is multiplied by that its sort of inferred.

CRA5H

Proc does not scale with elemental damage.

If you're using lightning skills, stick with the 20% light dmg one. Otherwise use the other one.
Yeah true. I didn't know if that extra 7% proc increase would be worth it because this proc is pretty powerful. I am lightning spec so I gguess I'll use the 20% one. Thanks!

Anyways if the weapon had no other stats that a dps range it would still beat any weapon you can get for a WD based on the proc alone so in the end it doesnt matter what he rerolls.

How would it not be a flat 7 percent dmg increase

It goes weapon damage x main stat bonus percentage x skill dmg multiplier x elite dmg x elemental dmg

If you raise any of those by 7 percent of their current value you gain a flat 7 percent damage increase

You are thinking of how ele dmg scales on gear.
e.g you have 50 percent elemental damage , now you do 150 percent of your base damage so it's a 50 percent damage increase compared to having no ele dmg
gaining another 50 percent elemental damage puts you at 200 percent of your base damage which only gives you 33 percent extra damage over what you already had (150 percent).
So ele dmg loses value the more of it you get.
Which is why it's better to get 50 percent ele dmg and 50 percent elite damage than to get 100 percent ele damage. (which in turn is why soj, aughild and sunkeeper are so good)

That +7 percent dmg on your weapon is your only source of +damage percent weapon damage increase though, so it's a flat 7 percent more damage.

scy

No.. I believe 34% CHD is the max roll for a weapon and it's one of the best things you can get on it. 7% Damage, on the other hand, is nothing compared with the benefit of a socket.

On a weapon, CHD is one of the things you almost always roll off since the ~35% roll is typically around a 4% or so damage increase, typically less. Next to the 2% Crit Chance, it's one of the worst damage affixes on a weapon.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Thunderfury is really the best weapon for Wizard... the Lightning proc even make a Lightning Meteor fall with the Talrasha 4 set bonus. So i can stick to my Fire only build and get more than one kind of meteor fall.

By the way, i also see Arcane Meteors falling sometimes... does that come from Magic Weapon with Force Weapon rune? It doesn't say anywhere that it adds Arcane to your attacks, just that it's an Arcane spell that boost your damage by 20%..

garath

Any thoughts on a crusader build? I have some decent fire and holy gear and not quite sure what to do with them.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/garath-1132/hero/45165523

I was lighting and using a shard of hate for a bit but frankly the proc seems a little lackluster now. Then I had a magefist drop and someone in my group got a really nice Maximus that they didn't need, pushing me right into the fire realm. Slash seems "ok" for fire, the Fist of heavens spender as fire seems "ok". Akarat's fire proc is godly. I'm expecting a CDR based build to get as many Akarats as possible is a way to go. But what about wrath generators, spenders, etc. I'm experimenting but so far it all seems a little weak. Obviously I still have to roll off my lighting damage on my amulet. I have a holy reaper's wrap in the stash that I can use. No fire unfortunately. But it seems like there's going to be holy in the build regardless.

Ronabo

Yan pants and strongarm with seismic slam would add quite a bit of dmg.

Or alternatively trifecta magefist+ strongarm with earthen shoulders

Unless you already play with a strongarm bracer pullmonk of course.

I took off my Yan pants once I found Earth pants so I could put on Aughild's stuff for the elite bonuses and damage reduc.

I wish there were a way to have both the Yan pants + Earth set and Aug set.

scy

should i reroll the 41% CHD on my SoJ to CC?

i have 45% CC and 463% CHD.

Why not roll the Main Stat to Crit Chance?

Thunderfury is really the best weapon for Wizard... the Lightning proc even make a Lightning Meteor fall with the Talrasha 4 set bonus. So i can stick to my Fire only build and get more than one kind of meteor fall.

By the way, i also see Arcane Meteors falling sometimes... does that come from Magic Weapon with Force Weapon rune? It doesn't say anywhere that it adds Arcane to your attacks, just that it's an Arcane spell that boost your damage by 20%..

Which Black Hole are you using? That's usually where the Arcane Damage comes from.

But what about wrath generators, spenders, etc. I'm experimenting but so far it all seems a little weak.

Well, the ideal setup is no Generator and relying on other sources but that's a 6pc Akkhan thing. The spender is Heaven's Tempest since it works best with Fire Starter (that and Darklight synergy). Besides that, I'd switch the Heaven's Fury to Blessed Ground since it's flat out better, Condemn can be turned to Phalanx - Bowmen for better single-target damage, and your generator can be Punish - Roar. Rightousness should probably be Holy Cause for the damage bonus as well, though I haven't played with Generator in quite some time. Still, you shouldn't really have much trouble for Wrath with Provoke and some CDR in general.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Man... I have some shit luck lol. Friend gets green drops left and right. I only get legendaries. I want my marauders dammit!

Grimadin

Neo Member
Any thoughts on a crusader build? I have some decent fire and holy gear and not quite sure what to do with them.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/garath-1132/hero/45165523

I was lighting and using a shard of hate for a bit but frankly the proc seems a little lackluster now. Then I had a magefist drop and someone in my group got a really nice Maximus that they didn't need, pushing me right into the fire realm. Slash seems "ok" for fire, the Fist of heavens spender as fire seems "ok". Akarat's fire proc is godly. I'm expecting a CDR based build to get as many Akarats as possible is a way to go. But what about wrath generators, spenders, etc. I'm experimenting but so far it all seems a little weak. Obviously I still have to roll off my lighting damage on my amulet. I have a holy reaper's wrap in the stash that I can use. No fire unfortunately. But it seems like there's going to be holy in the build regardless.

I'm trying out a fire crusader build right now, I've been using punish with roar and fire hammers and it seems to be a good mix of single target and aoe. i also switch between akarats and the leap. my last spell is consecration with the fire rune. i've built myself pretty tanky so most of the time i just run in, hit someone to get the punish buff and then spam hammers letting that and block proc kill stuff.

Because your using a maximus it might be good to get the leap so you can position yourself easy in relation to the fire chains.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/crusader#aehgYj!ZURh!aaaYaa

is more or less what i use

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Which Black Hole are you using? That's usually where the Arcane Damage comes from.

I'm not using Black Hole on my current build. Arcane Orb, Meteor and Spectral Blade are my only offensive attacks. All fire.

Either the Arcane Orb with the Fire rune still deals Arcane damage, or it comes from Magic Weapon.

Edit : Not Arcane Orb... i saw an Arcane Meteor by spamming Spectral Blade. And using Magic Weapon with the Fire rune... i still summon an Arcane Meteor once in a while.

Oh well, guess i'll use Ice Armor instead of Energy Armor now. Just so I can spam every type of Meteors. :D I don't suppose stats that improve Meteor damage actually affect the ones coming from Talrasha?

cdyhybrid

Geez once you get past T3 or so, followers are useless unless you have the immortality relic. They die instantly to pretty much everything.

Radec

I guess today was belt day
C19tuTc.jpg

Anyone know how hard it is to reroll damage into another stat on a weapon? It's getting annoying trying to reroll my sunkeeper to a stat stick with CDR for my EQ barb. Might just have to reroll the 680 str on my Devestator but damn thatd be a waste :(

eek5

Anyone know how hard it is to reroll damage into another stat on a weapon? It's getting annoying trying to reroll my sunkeeper to a stat stick with CDR for my EQ barb. Might just have to reroll the 680 str on my Devestator but damn thatd be a waste :(

Non dmg-range affix shows up about 1 in 8 to 1 in 10 times from my experience.

Stat sticks are still a thing? lol

sqwarlock

I think I reached that point with my DH where all my upgrades are better versions of things I already have, as far as this build anyway. Don't really mind since it's pretty damn fun.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/toastyToast-6810/hero/8039314

Lots of ground to cover but yeah basically the same items. I think i can get sheet to 1m and I definitely need to get another sentry damage bonus. Ideally that'd be on another Bombadier with vit built in and then I can roll for sentry damage. This one I have atm is 2m+ per reroll lol.

Oh yeah, I found a better Marauder helm in a quick rifting session too. The good times continue.

Maybe I'm missing something in your build, but you're not running with a hatred generator? Yours isn't the first DH build I've seen without one, and I'm wondering how you avoid being starved for hatred.

wait, what? you are trying to roll off the 1300-1800 damage? i mean it is possible, but won't you lose a lot of dps?

EQ only uses main hand damage. So getting 10 CDR, 30 elite damage or 20 fire damage, and Strength with Socket would be the ideal off hand.

Those odds don't sound so great. Gonna be a while before I get it I guess :(

ZenaxPure

For EQ yeah, one of the many routes you can take.

And yes, getting a non-damage roll is fucking hard. You are going to be spending a lot of gold/mats trying to get it. Not impossible, but, it can take a while. I've yet to see one.

bcl0328

For EQ yeah, one of the many routes you can take.

And yes, getting a non-damage roll is fucking hard. You are going to be spending a lot of gold/mats trying to get it. Not impossible, but, it can take a while. I've yet to see one.

is it? i was rerolling my TF and got non-damage quite a few times.

ZenaxPure

is it? i was rerolling my TF and got non-damage quite a few times.

Well on the flip side I have a TF I rerolled the damage for on my witch doctor and did not see a single non-damage roll after like 15 tries. It's not impossible and you can get lucky, but, rerolling damage has a very high chance to just be more damage. Not to mention in this case you're looking for 10% CDR specifically (any other stat is nearly as pointless as the damage roll).

garath

Well, the ideal setup is no Generator and relying on other sources but that's a 6pc Akkhan thing. The spender is Heaven's Tempest since it works best with Fire Starter (that and Darklight synergy). Besides that, I'd switch the Heaven's Fury to Blessed Ground since it's flat out better, Condemn can be turned to Phalanx - Bowmen for better single-target damage, and your generator can be Punish - Roar. Rightousness should probably be Holy Cause for the damage bonus as well, though I haven't played with Generator in quite some time. Still, you shouldn't really have much trouble for Wrath with Provoke and some CDR in general.

I'm trying out a fire crusader build right now, I've been using punish with roar and fire hammers and it seems to be a good mix of single target and aoe. i also switch between akarats and the leap. my last spell is consecration with the fire rune. i've built myself pretty tanky so most of the time i just run in, hit someone to get the punish buff and then spam hammers letting that and block proc kill stuff.

Because your using a maximus it might be good to get the leap so you can position yourself easy in relation to the fire chains.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/crusader#aehgYj!ZURh!aaaYaa

is more or less what i use

Thanks for the guidance guys. Great starting points for me. I already like fire better than the lighting. Working the fire chain is the challenge. That's a lot more damage than I thought it would be. Over 3 mil crits with my paltry crit chance/damage.

Radec

That german guy on twitch multiboxing have like 480+ unid legs on the ground. The town is like a beam of a huge legendary. Jesus.

I hope he gets disconnected all 4 of his accounts.

:p

lilltias

7% damage to socket and congrats on probably the most OP weapon in the game and welcome to Torment 6 if your not already there.

Thanks :) I just now understand how good this badboy is. Only been playing with a WD for a couple of nights and I am rolling T2. This is my first truly good Leg for my WD. I had to play with my Monk for months to do that...ridiculous.

Thanks for the advice everyone, I rerolled the CHD. Not sure if it was the best, but either way, I am super happy!

Meteorain

There was a post earlier in the thread about Monk gear, and what sort of stats one should aim for.

Does anyone know that information or point me towards something similar. I'm really lost as to what my Monk should be gearing towards :(

eek5

There was a post earlier in the thread about Monk gear, and what sort of stats one should aim for.

Does anyone know that information or point me towards something similar. I'm really lost as to what my Monk should be gearing towards :(

It really depends on what playstyle you want to play and what your goals are. If you want to go T6 the only two real options are Fire/CDR or Support (zero DPS). Here are my three monks if you want to take a look.

Fire/CDR
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/eek-1673/hero/10007076

Lightning
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/eek-1673/hero/46921758

Support
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/eek-1673/hero/47751293

Fire is pretty efficient up to T3 and can do T4 in groups but it is somewhat sketchy.. My lightning can do up to ~T4/5 but it is really inefficient. Support monk can support up to T6 with ease.

MrDaravon

What classes/builds use Azurewrath? I know I've seen some folks mention trying to get one, but not sure what for. Asking because I just found this (haven't rolled anything) on my DH:

rdZht9N.jpg

Not sure if it's any good, and/or if re-rolling the attack speed to a primary stat would be preferable to also allow it to be used by multiple classes?

The Cowboy

What classes/builds use Azurewrath? I know I've seen some folks mention trying to get one, but not sure what for. Asking because I just found this (haven't rolled anything) on my DH:
Its an awesome weapon for a cold based wizard, the proc freeze is pretty common and you get a nice +cold damage boost.

Mine is currently on my Templar (currently I'm running Archon build), and i use him to freeze/knockback with it, back when i was cold setup it was a great addition to all the slows and freezes you get with the build and you its a nice boost with the extra cold damage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom