• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZenaxPure

just got a unity. do i need another for my follower for it to be useful? not going to replace my soj or rorg with it.

If you are playing solo then yeah you need 2x Unity and the follower item that makes it so they can't die.

It's pretty damn strong honestly. I finally got my second unity this morning and I decided to get rid of every passive/active skill I was using for defensive purposes and now I am finally back to clearing T6 rifts in 8 to 10ish minutes which is the fastest I've been able to go since they nerfed leap quake in the patch. Feels really great to get back to that speed.

I dropped my SoJ for it but being able to get rid of any defensive skills more than made up for the damage loss switching out the rings.

Admodieus

Struggling hard to find a Fate of the Fell and two more pieces of the Akhan's Set, along with Ice Climbers. That's the gear I need to go from a T3/4 Blessed Shield Crusader to T6 Heaven's Fury. I did manage to grab another Ring of Royal Grandeur this morning with both Attack Speed and CHD on it - spent about 10 million gold crafting gems to get Crit Chance on it, but it was eventually worth it.

Anyone tried the Devastator for a Fire Wiz? I've had Chantodo's forever, and have no luck finding a Axe of the Burning Sands (or a Witching Hour -.-).

Physical dex SoJ get!

It was a massive dmg boost for my dh (around 35 percent more damage or so), can finally zerg t4 at a similar speed as my wiz, but not as fast as on my barb.
I'll time a few t6 runs tomorrow to see how it compares to my barb and wizard.

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Finicky-2766/hero/38748097
I still need a new rrog that isn't so shitty and better mara boots with cluster arrow roll on them (kadela still hasn't coughed them up after about 5000 shards -she's given me iceclimbers 3 nat boots and a ton of other boots though -.-), bad luck especially since we've found every other mara piece at least twice in rifts this week)

Also found some amazing vyr gloves on my wiz:
723 int
48 crit dmg
10 crit chance (rerolled to 10 from 8.5percent)
8percent CDR

Though I suppose I really want/need the shrine gloves from bounties (ugh) and a vyr chest to have max uptime on my archon

scy

Struggling hard to find a Fate of the Fell and two more pieces of the Akhan's Set, along with Ice Climbers. That's the gear I need to go from a T3/4 Blessed Shield Crusader to T6 Heaven's Fury. I did manage to grab another Ring of Royal Grandeur this morning with both Attack Speed and CHD on it - spent about 10 million gold crafting gems to get Crit Chance on it, but it was eventually worth it.

Akarat's Champion grants CC Immunity so if you have permanent Akarat's from high CDR + the set, you don't need Ice Climbers. Probably better off using the boots (or pants, depending on which you have worse items for) and belt for Captain Crimson's to get some additional CDR.

Mumei

ePHHzsf.png

<3

My good luck continues! Yesterday and today:

GKQ8KS0.png

iR2XaB4.png

pvl7y71.png

G1rJ9UK.png

And a replacement Quetz that has socket and CC. The Int roll is a bit lower than I'd like but it's still a good improvement over what I had.

CRA5H

Damn nice haul! Still waiting for my thunderfury but I did pick up another cindercoat and a party member gave me a SoJ they didn't need. It was cold tho so I don't know if I should roll that off. It rolled INT and life per second so I'm probably gonna roll cold to lightning.

cdyhybrid

Looking for more advice for my Crusader.

Currently running T4 pretty smoothly. What do I need to do to move up to T5 and T6? Can Blessed Shield builds even do T6 anymore? I seem a bit too squishy for comfort at T5, but I haven't seriously banged my head against it yet.

I'm unsuccessfully trying to reroll my boots into Blessed Shield damage (up to ~900K/roll right now), after that I'll try to get CHD on my Puzzle Ring (I've already tried rerolling the damage a few times).

Currently spending Blood Shards on attempts to get a better Andariel's Visage, but not sure what to do after that. Try for an SoJ? Maybe a better neck? Or even a Fate of the Fell? My end goal is to eventually switch over to a shotgun build since that seems to be the best end-game build at the moment.

Rokam

How long till the buff ends if not already ended?

Legendary drop buff is now permanent. Rift Keys buff is gone.

Decided to mess around with the Crusader shotgun build even though I'm missing 6 piece still. Just ridiculous how much damage you do... still wish they wouldn't have nerfed the BoP Condemn build.

Managed to squeeze in 5 rifts. Got a Hellrack that rolled 2300dps and a socket so I might try get the 6% damage up to 10%. Still don't think it will be worth using though.

Also someone in the party gave me Marauder pants so that was nice.

Celegus

Switched my gear around yet again, basically traded my lightning barb and fire crusader stuff.

Now my barb only has about 200k hp but a ridiculous amount of fury and life per fury spent that I can spam critical Hammers all day long and heal myself instantly. It seems pretty cool with some more minor tweaking.

My crusader has my Shard of Hate now, and a bunch of attack speed gear. 2aps makes for a whole heck of a lot of charged bolts flying everywhere from the shard. It actually seems decent, excited to mess around with it some more.

My good luck continues! Yesterday and today:

GKQ8KS0.png

iR2XaB4.png

pvl7y71.png

G1rJ9UK.png

And a replacement Quetz that has socket and CC. The Int roll is a bit lower than I'd like but it's still a good improvement over what I had.

Jesus christ, I'm jealous
1500 rifts in and I've yet to find a SoH or other ultrarare weapon, you just found 2 and a half (tf isn't as rare but still rare) in a day

garath

Physical dex SoJ get!

It was a massive dmg boost for my dh (around 35 percent more damage or so), can finally zerg t4 at a similar speed as my wiz, but not as fast as on my barb.
I'll time a few t6 runs tomorrow to see how it compares to my barb and wizard.

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Finicky-2766/hero/38748097
I still need a new rrog that isn't so shitty and better mara boots with cluster arrow roll on them (kadela still hasn't coughed them up after about 5000 shards -she's given me iceclimbers 3 nat boots and a ton of other boots though -.-), bad luck especially since we've found every other mara piece at least twice in rifts this week)

Also found some amazing vyr gloves on my wiz:
723 int
48 crit dmg
10 crit chance (rerolled to 10 from 8.5percent)
8percent CDR

Though I suppose I really want/need the shrine gloves from bounties (ugh) and a vyr chest to have max uptime on my archon

Wow. Our DH's are very very similar. Nice find on that SoJ!! I'm curious how the Physical w/ T&T compares to Fire though. I strongly suspect your physical build is superior with the pets getting the physical% boost as well as the sentries. There's a lot more synergy overall with the physical and the build as a whole. The only advantage fire might have is with a cindercoat and reaper's wraps, you can dish out a lot of damage yourself on top of the sentries and pets.

I really need a SoJ. That's my number 1 need right now. Number 2 is close between reaper's wraps (I've made 10 so far just for my DH with no luck) and a good 2h xbow.

Other than that, better rolls all around for the equipment I do have. Still trying to reroll my amulet for fire. My RRoG is worse than yours.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/garath-1132/hero/40752152

Admodieus

Akarat's Champion grants CC Immunity so if you have permanent Akarat's from high CDR + the set, you don't need Ice Climbers. Probably better off using the boots (or pants, depending on which you have worse items for) and belt for Captain Crimson's to get some additional CDR.

Good to know. I've been gambling for boots for a while hoping to either get Akhan's or Ice Climbers - neither yet.

DSmalls84

Jesus christ, I'm jealous
1500 rifts in and I've yet to find a SoH or other ultrarare weapon, you just found 2 and a half (tf isn't as rare but still rare) in a day

Also Jealous lol. I get plenty of ultra rare gear but none of it seems to be weapons. Found a Focus Ring and Hexing Pants yesterday though.

Celegus

Is there a viable +light build for crusader?

I got a odyns son+ thundergods vigor+ light bracers+ light neck standing around.

I started messing around with one last night. I'm not sure how viable it is compared to other builds, but if that's what you have the most equipment for, go for it! Just keep in mind the Odyn Son's proc damage isnt actually affected by +lightning damage. Still a good weapon though. The crusader passives (15% speed for using a 1H and 15% speed on wrath generators) seem to synergize well with weapon procs since you can get so much attack speed and trigger it more often.

Bonethug

I see a lot of fire Crusader builds without a wrath generator other than Provoke - Charged Up. Are they just relying on Cooldown Reduction to cast Provoke for wrath?

Celegus

I see a lot of fire Crusader builds without a wrath generator other than Provoke - Charged Up. Are they just relying on Cooldown Reduction to cast Provoke for wrath?

Sounds crazy. I've tried not using generators/free skills on all my characters and just don't like it at all. Feels unnatural.

A 3 socket cinder coat dropped for my Crusader last night. I think it is time to go fire build. What are good primary weapons for fire build? I have a Maximus and Darklight. I feel like I have no idea what skills are even good for fire as I have been on a Holy build for ages.

Procarbine

Forever Platinum
Is there a viable +light build for crusader?

I got a odyns son+ thundergods vigor+ light bracers+ light neck standing around.

Older lightning builds made use of the buff to Fist-Fissure and Provoke-Charged Up proccing on everything, so you would dot stack and crush things much like you do now with Fire. I haven't gone back and tried lightning since the last patch and the fissure/charge up nerfs, Holy and Fire just too sexy now.

Fire crusader damage is amplified massively by AC, so with the amount of CDR they could be stacking to use it that makes sense.

Grampasso

Also Jealous lol. I get plenty of ultra rare gear but none of it seems to be weapons. Found a Focus Ring and Hexing Pants yesterday though.
I do as well but I'm not that worried, I know that sooner or later my drop habit will change and start getting what I need. One week ago I had only Natalya's chest and crappy helm, then in 2 consecutive rifts I dropped the weapon with godly rolls, ring and rolled the head from Kadala with 15% ca dmg from the get go. Yet I still only have 1 Marauder's piece though I already dropped Tasker and Theo, which is supposed to be much rarer than every set piece.
Just need to be patient XD

Celegus

A 3 socket cinder coat dropped for my Crusader last night. I think it is time to go fire build. What are good primary weapons for fire build? I have a Maximus and Darklight. I feel like I have no idea what skills are even good for fire as I have been on a Holy build for ages.

Maximus is awesome, the fire chains just tear things up like nobody's business. There aren't a ton of fire runes / skills to pick from, so that narrows it down a bit to begin with. Fire Starter on Akkarat's is fantastic, shield bash is great for single enemies, and Fist of Heaven is good for groups. Gets a bit wrath intensive so hopefully you have some gear to help with that (or lots of CDR for Akkarat's). It's quite fun though! My Crusader was fire for a while and looking for a cindercoat, finally found one last night but it was the absolute most povertycoat I've ever seen. Almost minimum strength, 1 socket, useless skill, regen, 15% fire.

DSmalls84

I do as well but I'm not that worried, I know that sooner or later my drop habit will change and start getting what I need. One week ago I had only Natalya's chest and crappy helm, then in 2 consecutive rifts I dropped the weapon with godly rolls, ring and rolled the head from Kadala with 15% ca dmg from the get go. Yet I still only have 1 Marauder's piece though I already dropped Tasker and Theo, which is supposed to be much rarer than every set piece.
Just need to be patient XD

Yeah patience is key. I'm still getting plenty of good gear with different elements that I can use for different build or on alts. As long as the stuff I finf is useable I'm happy for the most part.

Tendo

If I am farming legendary crafting mats would it make sense to put the game on normal so I can blaze through things or does that greatly effect drop chance? I'm not sure how legendary crafting material drops work.

garath

If I am farming legendary crafting mats would it make sense to put the game on normal so I can blaze through things or does that greatly effect drop chance? I'm not sure how legendary crafting material drops work.

They work like death breaths now. Much higher chance of dropping on higher torment levels. I don't have the chart handy but it's like 12% increase per level?

For some of the crafting mats, where the unique enemy spawns are really low (eg Essence of Twin Seas) you want to ratchet up to the highest torment level you can handle. You will get a significant drop rate boost. I think at T6 it is nearly ~75% drop chance. But even T3 is a noticeable drop increase.

Celegus

For some of the crafting mats, where the unique enemy spawns are really low (eg Essence of Twin Seas) you want to ratchet up to the highest torment level you can handle. You will get a significant drop rate boost. I think at T6 it is nearly ~75% drop chance. But even T3 is a noticeable drop increase.

Yeah, definitely as high as you can handle. Even at T4 I think it's around a 50% chance which isnt great considering how hard it can be to find some of the monsters. But on normal it's like 15%, not worth it.

eek5

Join a mat farming community (I think it's called "mat farming") then find the bounties you need on t4-6 and announce it in chat. Geared players will come help you kill it.

If you can get tanky enough to actually navigate to the guy that needs to be killed it will be pretty smooth otherwise it can get kind of disorganized.

When I search for mats I always pre-clear the area around the guy that drops the mat so people don't get lost and stuff.

sgb

Any gaf clan officers online?? Somehow my char got kicked, was away from game for amonth or so and it seems i was booted...

scy

This is basically the goal of the Crusader class: To completely drop your generator and only need Provoke. 6pc Akkhan with high amounts of CDR (56% for seamless 100% uptime) means you're always in AC so Provoke + half wrath costs + boosted Wrath regen means you free up a spot on your bar for an extra cooldown damage skill.

Any gaf clan officers online?? Somehow my char got kicked, was away from game for amonth or so and it seems i was booted...

Well, the main GAF clan was disbanded. Besides that, the active members of the three clans were consolidated into one clan. It's currently full, however.

Bonethug

This is basically the goal of the Crusader class: To completely drop your generator and only need Provoke. 6pc Akkhan with high amounts of CDR (56% for seamless 100% uptime) means you're always in AC so Provoke + half wrath costs + boosted Wrath regen means you free up a spot on your bar for an extra cooldown damage skill.

Thanks, set items and Kadala hate me, so generator it is.

scy

There's a relatively low limit to clans (150) so you don't get to just reserve a space or something. Especially when the clans were consolidated because of all the inactive players in them to begin with.

garath

Well with the new drop rates, looks like I have a goal for my crusader.

plenilune

I wish there were good 1h Crusader builds that synergized better with block or attack speed. I tried specing thorns; even with 30k thorns and Iron Maiden/Iron Skin, damage is a joke.

Totakeke

I use my Crusader without Provoke and without a Generator, Reaper's Wraps have to stay of course. It's pretty awesome. It gets harder to do if your kill speed is slow, it depends a lot on all your gear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom