• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jblank83

I'm convinced SoJ doesn't exist. Since level 60 I haven't gotten a single one, all my fucking buddies have at least 2-3, some 5-6.

Hadn't seen one since shortly after launch, 2 months ago. 300 hours on my Wizard alone and just one SoJ. Then in the last 2 days, bam, 3 of them (fire, cold, arcane).

It's all random. Over a long enough time span, with enough drops, the probability of any particular item will eventually approach a guaranteed event.

With targeted gambling, the odds are significantly increased. So, save up shards and gamble rings, assuming you have no high priority 5 shard gambles.

CRA5H

Anyone know where it's generally good to put paragon points in for a WD? For instance, CDR over AS? I'm guessing it's all dependent on your spec..

Also, I realized with my skills, I don't have an actual spender so I am always at 100% mana.. I must be doing something wrong. I can solo T3 with this build but I know that maybe having a spender replacing one of my skills can make me a lot more efficient. Anyone have tips?

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/CRA5H-1592/hero/45363443

*Edit* Using Poison Dart instead of Firebats right now. Firebats was my spender but didnt seem to do as much dps as Poison Dart.

Tom Penny

Game is bullshit. Not even that many different options and spend over 22 million and didn't roll a socket on shard of hate. Fucking lame as fuck. It's like 2 million a roll now.

Azulsky

Anyone know where it's generally good to put paragon points in for a WD? For instance, CDR over AS? I'm guessing it's all dependent on your spec..

Also, I realized with my skills, I don't have an actual spender so I am always at 100% mana.. I must be doing something wrong. I can solo T3 with this build but I know that maybe having a spender replacing one of my skills can make me a lot more efficient. Anyone have tips?

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/CRA5H-1592/hero/45363443

*Edit* Using Poison Dart instead of Firebats right now. Firebats was my spender but didnt seem to do as much dps as Poison Dart.

Thats normal for Pet Doctor. The Rain of Frogs has a higher proc rate for summoning Fetishes than Firebats. The damage lost on the spell is made up by having more fetishes out more often.

Im typically so busy casting Frogs, Pirahnado and running around that you wouldnt have time for a real spender.

It scales past T3. I have been doing T4 this past weekend in groups but have done T5 with less durability(I got my current Mojo this weekend). Currently boosting 2 friends at a time in T3 rifts just clearing it for them to get better gear. If i have say 10 fetishes out and the dog thats 110 + 70 million damage per sec not counting any bonuses from bbv or pirahnas. You literally just plow through

https://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Azulsky-1256/hero/37278515

Lain

I also run as cold. You could swap out storm armor for black hole with spell steal. It gives you a huge dmg boost when you encounter clustered big groups, hitting a group of 10 enemies will give a 30% increase in dmg making it much easier to take them out.

Here's my build I'm currently going with.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/arcstrike-1175/hero/15317837

The Black Hole suggestion is good, the damage boost is helpful and with the 38%~ CDR I have I can refresh it, though I ended up swapping it with Arcane Orb because without Storm Armor the necklace won't proc and going with Absolute Zero for the longer duration of the damage buff.

I also experimented a bit with Mirror Image since I could keep it always up using the 10 seconds ones and found myself surviving a lot more, though after finding a pair of Zakara shoulders, getting killed isn't as annoying as before XD.

Shifty76

Just found MoJ on my WD which made him instantly T5 viable. It's a really bad roll too, but is still better than every single monk legendary I've come across. So with ~5 hrs post RoS playtime he's already stronger than my 200+ hr monk, and that sucky MoJ is his only good piece of gear compared to BiS items in every slot on my monk. Yay class balance!

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I'm currently at around 25,000 shards on helms and I've never seen a Quetzalcoatl, I am seriously about to lose my fucking shit. I have all the gear needed for the Jade Harvester 1 shot build apart from this bloody helm.

JoeMartin

PYMnnSe.png

Boosh 100% MoJ.

Azulsky

Nice MoJ.

There was a big post on Reddit that figured the MoJ % is part of the same damage factor as your Elemental % damage.

So if you have a physical damage pet then it is added with all your + Phys % gear.

The passive that gives +50% damage also seems to apply that way from what i can tell.

ZenaxPure

Just found MoJ on my WD which made him instantly T5 viable. It's a really bad roll too, but is still better than every single monk legendary I've come across. So with ~5 hrs post RoS playtime he's already stronger than my 200+ hr monk, and that sucky MoJ is his only good piece of gear compared to BiS items in every slot on my monk. Yay class balance!

It is pretty silly, but, to be fair WD kind of out classes everyone really (when it comes to moving up torment levels) from my experiences. You can take a WD to T6 with a good MoJ, TMF, and crafted gear.

Took my Barb like 400 hours to get T6 viable, took my WD like 15. To be fair a lot of changes have happened in that time (rift buff, leg buff, two kadala buffs), but, still it's a bit silly.

Radec

Your main is a Monk, ofcourse every other class is stronger than him even without gear!

CRA5H

WD doing T4 solo 5 hours after hitting 70

Monk still barely doing T2 solo 25-30 hours after hitting 70.

Just saying, Blizzard.

Ultratech

With mask of jerum my single zombie dog is critting for 40 million.

now i just need to find tasker and theo. which just refuse to drop.

No joke, I've spent probably thousands of shards with no luck.
Always getting junk gloves...

With my luck, the one T&T I do manage to find, it'll probably have Strength or Dex on it.
(I would rage SO HARD.)

Azulsky

Over 50 caches and no RRoG :/
I need one with crit chance and crit damage, attack speed is not a factor since I'm using Jade Harvester

One of my friends has now done ~200 A1 caches and no RROG. He said today he did 70 and didnt get any legs from the bags.
Makes me sad, I would think they are bugged but I have seen Gaffers get them since the latest patch.

One of my friends has now done ~200 A1 caches and no RROG. He said today he did 70 and didnt get any legs from the bags.
Makes me sad, I would think they are bugged but I have seen Gaffers get them since the latest patch.

I've never seen a legendary out of a cache let alone a RRoG. Probably only done about 20 runs so I'm not ready to give up just yet.

Secretly hoping one just drops off a mob before then though.

Found 3 different Marauder pieces within 5 or 6 rifts that all rolled pretty well. Why didn't this happen when I hungry before the Kadala buff?

Gonna stick with my DH til i get a Kridershot for completeness sake then I'll work on Wizard.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Found 3 different Marauder pieces within 5 or 6 rifts that all rolled pretty well. Why didn't this happen when I hungry before the Kadala buff?

Gonna stick with my DH til i get a Kridershot for completeness sake then I'll work on Wizard.

What torment rifts were you doing? I've been doing T2 and I have gotten nothing. Have done so many rifts but I've got nada... T_T

We were doing T5 rifts. I've been getting at least 1 class set per day, usually very early into my runs so... join me! I'm good luck or something

I got one very early, about 4 or 5 caches but it had no RRoG

Lethal

Neo Member
Guys. Guys. Guys. I may be the dumbest human alive. I had a full Jade set and 2 Quetzalcoatls like a week and a half ago. Didnt use them until last night cos I thought I was content with my Pet Doc set.

But guys...guys...so much fun. I shoulda tried it ages ago.

If anyone can give me some tips on tweaking it, my profile is Soulrelease#1241

Got my first Thunderfury today, while lvling my lvl 69 DH alt on expert......

One of the few things I wanted on my wizard but haven't gotten. Full set of Vyr's, 4/5 tal set. But nope!!

edit: You know what's even worse, the Thunderfury actually fucking rolled INT to taunt me.

eek5

Got my first Thunderfury today, while lvling my lvl 69 DH alt on expert......

One of the few things I wanted on my wizard but haven't gotten. Full set of Vyr's, 4/5 tal set. But nope!!

edit: You know what's even worse, the Thunderfury actually fucking rolled INT to taunt me.

I got my first TF on my DH today and would have used it on my monk but it rolled STR. This fuckin game.

I found 2 more Marauder pieces making it a total of 5 today.

I got some awesome boots and pants out of them and gave the rest away. Seriously mind exploded. Saw about as many green as brown beams

eek5

I found 2 more Marauder pieces making it a total of 5 today.

I got some awesome boots and pants out of them and gave the rest away. Seriously mind exploded. Saw about as many green as brown beams

I'm real happy for you.

:/
Monk buff can't come soon enough

Rofl. Monk is in such a bad place.

6T0JHwt.png

This is my worst/least efficient character and I haven't even played 15 mins of barb in RoS (he basically just has non-smart loot drops)

Lain

Just got a Tal Rasha neck, before the server disconnected me.
What should I reroll to crit? Or should I try to roll something to Elemental damage instead?
The Vaxo is what I'll be removing for it.
w5M.png
x5M.png

desverger

Finally managed to roll a socket into my stupid Fate of the Fell. Gotta say, the holy shotgun build is pretty nice in itself, and probably the strongest of the builds I've tried on the crusader currently. Sadly the stats on my flail are barely better than a 1-hander, but it still manages to work quite well.

Wrath generation is of course an issue, and I'm kind of wondering what people generally run this build with. Shield Glare IS a nice Wrath builder, but quite lackluster when there aren't a lot of targets on the screen and feels like a waste of a slot then (just like Condemn in my opinion).

Here's my current profile & skill set: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/beancurry-2524/hero/39983578 - Any recommendations to my skill bar? Note: I have 0 pieces of Akkhan :(

Currently I just pop Provoke and Shield Glare and spam my Wrath away, and then rinse and repeat when I have full Wrath again. Akarat's for bigger baddies when it's up. The only thought I have myself is that Laws of Valor/Unstoppable force could be nice for spam, but not sure how many beams I can get out in those 5 seconds..

CRA5H

Is it just me or have the skills calculator been reverted to pre-2.0.5?
Just noticed now while looking at my profile and wanting to look at some skills while at work.

JoeMartin

It is pretty silly, but, to be fair WD kind of out classes everyone really (when it comes to moving up torment levels) from my experiences. You can take a WD to T6 with a good MoJ, TMF, and crafted gear.

Took my Barb like 400 hours to get T6 viable, took my WD like 15. To be fair a lot of changes have happened in that time (rift buff, leg buff, two kadala buffs), but, still it's a bit silly.

WD doing T4 solo 5 hours after hitting 70

Monk still barely doing T2 solo 25-30 hours after hitting 70.

Just saying, Blizzard.

The problem isn't that MoJ/T&T are so good - they're in fact the only things that make pet builds viable; it's a combination of Fetish Sycophants being really good, and the proc coefficient on rain of toads being absolutely silly (note that RoT damage itself is literally pathetic, its use is only as a FS proc machine), leading to everyone running around with 15 fetishes all the time, which I doubt was intended. MoJ/T&T just exacerbate this problem by making your 15 fetishes obliterate everything.

I agree that the solution could be inversely applied by nerfing MoJ/T&T, but that's a nerf to all pets, and dogs/gargantuan are hardly the problem.

Uh huh, you're doing t5 with 5 hours playtime and just a mask or jeram and your rares/some crafted stuff/some scrappy soul legendaries?

My wd alt has TMF, soj, a 99 percent MOJ , aughild, an (albeit crappy) tasker and theo, a 2.4k weapon (haven't found a 2.1k sunkeeper or 2.2k doombringer but this weap isn't bad) and 450 paragon levels to boost my stats and my damage is good enough for t4, before I found TMF it was not worth doing t4 at all imo.

'I can do t5' does not count if it takes you 15 minutes...

Pet doctor isn't enough dps for t5-6 until you get full zuni to go with all that, and for t6 you really want a starmetal.

It's a nice spec but you are hilariously overselling it.
Reminds me of all the people screaming 'omg shard of hate ww barb gg auto t6.

WD goes from zero to hero when you get full zuni+jeram or full jade (+quetza but it's pretty good without)

edit: seems I have a very different definition of 'cruising through t4' than other people :p

Shifty76

The problem isn't that MoJ/T&T are so good - they're in fact the only things that make pet builds viable; it's a combination of Fetish Sycophants being really good, and the proc coefficient on rain of toads being absolutely silly (note that RoT damage itself is literally pathetic, its use is only as a FS proc machine), leading to everyone running around with 15 fetishes all the time, which I doubt was intended. MoJ/T&T just exacerbate this problem by making your 15 fetishes obliterate everything.

I agree that the solution could be inversely applied by nerfing MoJ/T&T, but that's a nerf to all pets, and dogs/gargantuan are hardly the problem.
My WD can still cruise through T4 without MoJ

Azulsky

I dont see how Zunis is required anymore with the current Fetish spawnrate using RoT. That might be a problem but you still need good gear to make them hit hard enough to matter.

You really should only get Zunis if you want to spec non physical fetish army for the specialty fetishes. Maybe it has some application for Carnevil as well.

I think there is still the current issue with Syncophants killing the Army fetishes when they spawn and you are already capped.

Shifty76

Uh huh, you're doing t5 with 5 hours playtime and just a mask or jeram and your rares/some crafted stuff/some scrappy soul legendaries?

Yes I am. I have a 77% MoJ, Uthkapian Serpent, Aughilds shoulders/bracers/chest, Cains gloves/pants, crappy zuni ring/boots, rare ring/ammy with int/cc/cd and Harrington Waistguard, which was a recent drop. Rolled the dex to int on one of my spare thunderfuries and am using that for a weapon, though I may switch it out since the lightning doesn't seem to proc much and RoT dmg is miniscule compared to what the pets dish out anyway.

'I can do t5' does not count if it takes you 15 minutes...

I made no claims as to the efficiency of doing T5, but it's way faster than it is on my monk who has near-BiS gear in every slot. I'll time a rift tonight though. The only reason I mentioned being able to do T5 is because I was floored that my 5hr old WD could do T5 reasonably easily while my decked out monk struggles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom