• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azulsky

Yes I am. I have a 77% MoJ, Uthkapian Serpent, Aughilds shoulders/bracers/chest, Cains gloves/pants, crappy zuni ring/boots, rare ring/ammy with int/cc/cd and Harrington Waistguard, which was a recent drop. Rolled the dex to int on one of my spare thunderfuries and am using that for a weapon, though I may switch it out since the lightning doesn't seem to proc much and RoT dmg is miniscule compared to what the pets dish out anyway.

I made no claims as to the efficiency of doing T5, but it's way faster than it is on my monk who has near-BiS gear in every slot. I'll time a rift tonight though. The only reason I mentioned being able to do T5 is because I was floored that my 5hr old WD could do T5 reasonably easily while my decked out monk struggles.

Ive been using a TF too, the slow proc seems to be pretty decent

Renekton

The problem isn't that MoJ/T&T are so good - they're in fact the only things that make pet builds viable; it's a combination of Fetish Sycophants being really good, and the proc coefficient on rain of toads being absolutely silly (note that RoT damage itself is literally pathetic, its use is only as a FS proc machine), leading to everyone running around with 15 fetishes all the time, which I doubt was intended. MoJ/T&T just exacerbate this problem by making your 15 fetishes obliterate everything.

I agree that the solution could be inversely applied by nerfing MoJ/T&T, but that's a nerf to all pets, and dogs/gargantuan are hardly the problem.
I just tried RoT after seeing your post and... so far it's not proccing FS more than even lousy splinter darts.

Anyways, when I have pretty poor itemization (2pc helltooth is the only set I own) yet still get 12m fetish and 48m doge crits, I think fetish DPS and tall man is the problem...

Boogdud

It took me around 550 (all solo) to get mine. Probably done another 200 or so since and haven't found a second yet.

I got my RROG last night, after I don't even know how many caches. Of course it dropped literally 30 minutes after completing my 6 piece akkhan set. FU rng.

Also, it's hilarious how a 1h crusader build like using darklight with full akkhan shows absolutely terrible damage on diabloprogress and your sheet, but completely wrecks stuff in game. I guess it doesn't take into account weapon procs, etc. But I'll take it!

Discobird

I just tried RoT after seeing your post and... so far it's not proccing FS more than even lousy splinter darts.

Anyways, when I have pretty poor itemization (2pc helltooth is the only set I own) yet still get 12m fetish and 48m doge crits, I think fetish DPS and tall man is the problem...

ROT procs FS much faster when you hit multiple targets (not hard to do, especially if you have piranhado). You get pretty much a constant stream of little guys spawning in fights again packs.

JoeMartin

Proc/LoH coefficients for all skills.

As an absolute value against one target, I agree - you'd get more fetishes with splinter darts. But because it's easy to hit more than one target per RoT cast, and because the initial hit + following ticks all have a chance to spawn fetishes, and because you can spam the living shit out of it on as much stuff as you want, unimpeded by physical boundaries, line of sight, etc etc, toads wins out for practicality's sake in a land slide. You're basically guaranteed 15 fetishes on the first actual pack you come across. The spreadsheet also highlights another huge benefit of the build - its ridiculous LoH coefficient. You're basically getting 250% of your LoH per target per cast for RoT. I have 11k LoH, and self heal at an absurd rate if I'm spamming into a crowd.

ZenaxPure

I think there is still the current issue with Syncophants killing the Army fetishes when they spawn and you are already capped.

This is correct, currently Zuni is pretty wasted on a pet build as passive fetishes will replace the fetish army ones once you reach the shared 15 fetish cap. This is going to change in 2.1 thankfully. This is also not to mention that if you want to use full Zuni it means you have to give up 1 of the following: MoJ or Thing/Serpent or SoJ/TMF.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Apparently people are getting good experience farming T6 Malthael with the cold immunity amulet and the Furnace. Works for any class but demon hunter.

Ref: http://kr.battle.net/d3/ko/profile/漫延-3525/hero/29409379

Bul Kathos' rings and bonus elite damage speeds things up.

I'm just not sure if there's a trick that people are using to chain the fights or they're just getting other people to prep the games and invite them at the gate, RIF-style.

scy

This is correct, currently Zuni is pretty wasted on a pet build as passive fetishes will replace the fetish army ones once you reach the shared 15 fetish cap. This is going to change in 2.1 thankfully. This is also not to mention that if you want to use full Zuni it means you have to give up 1 of the following: MoJ or Thing/Serpent or SoJ/TMF.

Honestly, I'm not even sure if the Fetish Army change is going to actually make Zuni's a worthwhile set. Think it'll still be something people skip out on bothering with unless something changes baseline with the skill.

ZenaxPure

Honestly, I'm not even sure if the Fetish Army change is going to actually make Zuni's a worthwhile set. Think it'll still be something people skip out on bothering with unless something changes baseline with the skill.

Yeah I'm not sure to be honest, depends on how they handle it. I think it could be a bit more enticing if FA and passives had different caps (meaning you could have up to 23 fetishes out at once). That would cause a problem with screen space, but on T6 there are a lot of things that can one shot passive fetishes anyway so it might not be that bad in practice (since FA fetishes are tankier currently). On the flip side if they make it so there is still a 15 cap but passives don't replace army then I'd agree... not really worth it given what you have to give up to wear Zuni.

I think the real kicker/sad part is that if they just made it so using FA didn't kill your passive fetishes SMK alone would be better than using the entire Zuni set.

eek5

Apparently people are getting good experience farming T6 Malthael with the cold immunity amulet and the Furnace. Works for any class but demon hunter.

Ref: http://kr.battle.net/d3/ko/profile/漫延-3525/hero/29409379

Bul Kathos' rings and bonus elite damage speeds things up.

I'm just not sure if there's a trick that people are using to chain the fights or they're just getting other people to prep the games and invite them at the gate, RIF-style.

There is a way to have someone with the checkpoint make, you go into fight and then they leave and they keep the checkpoint maybe. So they could just have another account that preps the games for them over and over. I can't imagine going to the fight from a wp is efficient considering they are wearing shit gear that's good for only that fight.

Is RoRG really that hard to farm? Someone linked me to that thread on the D3 forums about how RNG isn't really RNG. The guy had a picture with 6 RoRGs which didn't seem very impressive? Although I'm jelly of all those Moonlight Wards.

I've been trying to get a Dex or Int trifecta RoRG but so far I only have a Str one (figures that I rarely play either of the Str classes).

I just farm like 10-15 caches and try to open them all at once on a class that I haven't played much recently. Seems to work pretty well as I rarely will open all and get absolutely 0 legendaries. Pretty sure I salvaged a few with horrible stats, too.

aoS4EiY.jpg

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
There is a way to have someone with the checkpoint make, you go into fight and then they leave and they keep the checkpoint maybe. So they could just have another account that preps the games for them over and over. I can't imagine going to the fight from a wp is efficient considering they are wearing shit gear that's good for only that fight.

Oh yeah, if there's still a checkpoint before the fight then the alt could make the game, invite them, give leadership (if necessary), leave and make the next one and have it ready by the time the fight was done.

Is RoRG really that hard to farm? Someone linked me to that thread on the D3 forums about how RNG isn't really RNG. The guy had a picture with 6 RoRGs which didn't seem very impressive? Although I'm jelly of all those Moonlight Wards.

It's highly variable, like everything else. Some people get a bunch, some people go 1000+ bounties without getting one.

The loot table theory that post was based on was shot down by blue posts. Some people are still holding on to it since it's hard to disprove - people would have to get 6+ unique legendaries in a slot in a single play session. Someone tried keeping one going for 48 hours but only made it up to 5 unique amulets before the session died.

Shifty76

The loot table theory that post was based on was shot down by blue posts. Some people are still holding on to it since it's hard to disprove - people would have to get 6+ unique legendaries in a slot in a single play session. Someone tried keeping one going for 48 hours but only made it up to 5 unique amulets before the session died.

Someone in our group got 6-7 legendary rings in one 2 hr session the other night. 3 of them were Band of Hallowed Whispers, Don't recall the others...nothing decent anyway, I think BK, Nagelring and puzzle ring were in there

jblank83

I don't buy the loot table theory either, but everyone has seen suspicious trends. These last several days everyone was getting doubles. I got double SoJ, double Vyr gauntlets, double Cinder, double Unity. I saw many others getting doubles.

More likely there are times when server random number strings are less than random, giltched, stuck, repeated, or whatnot. Maybe Blizzard is experimenting with loot formulas in the background. Who knows.

I don't believe it can be gamed, though. Just play and get your drops.

Ultratech

I don't buy the loot table theory either, but everyone has seen suspicious trends. These last several days everyone was getting doubles. I got double SoJ, double Vyr gauntlets, double Cinder, double Unity. I saw many others getting doubles.

More likely there are times when server random number strings are less than random, giltched, stuck, repeated, or whatnot. Maybe Blizzard is experimenting with loot formulas in the background. Who knows.

I noticed this as well over the last 2-3 days.

I even had it happen myself, picking up two Boots in a row while in a Rift.

RDreamer

Yeah I always get weird streaks of certain items. One day it'll be belts, the next rings.

I also one time got 2 SOJs in a row. Those were my first ones. Pop there they were within like 20 minutes.

I also find it slightly suspicious how often people in the clan get the exact same item at almost the same time.

Probably just human brains seeking patterns though.

Xamdou

So for horadric caches, are the contents determined by the char that first gets it or can I switch to another char and open em up to get legs just for that secondary char?

jblank83

Probably just human brains seeking patterns though.

It's very easy for a computer to produce non-random patterns in computer generated random number strings even without considering the game formulas. Not being privy to Blizzard's servers and code, it's merely speculation, though.

I don't think that takes into account the last patch?

edit: does zuni's set bonus apply to the fetishes summoned by the fetish sycophant passive?

Svafnir

Finnaly got a Thunderfury.

n0wSuR9.png

What should I reroll the % damage or the lightning damage? I think the % damage would give a higher increase as the lightning damage is kinda high... but I am not sure.

scy

Finnaly got a Thunderfury.

What should I reroll the % damage or the lightning damage? I think the % damage would give a higher increase as the lightning damage is kinda high... but I am not sure.

Uh, 8% -> 10% is only going to add ~27 - 38 damage. You can add almost 100 top-end by rerolling the base damage range.

eek5

That looks outdated. The best setups are rain of toads or addling toads right now IMO. The pieces are similar I guess.

I personally like to run

head: MoJ
shoulder: Aughild
chest: Aughild
bracer: Aughild
Gloves: T&T
Pants: Jade (asheara if you don't have jade)
Boots: Jade(asheara if you don't have jade)
ring1: tall man finger
ring2: SOJ
weapon: Flayer or SMK

If you get SMK you don't really even need zuni. I don't get what the point is since you have to run both BBV and FA anyway and the FA cooldown will refresh really fast. No need to have both up and you can get 500 int ortoughness out of those spots instead.

TMF+SOJ probably gives the most dmg. 3 piece Aughild isn't a huge deal.

You can see my current build here:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/eek-1673/hero/2760823

I can solo T5 pretty fast and give great support for T6 w/ addling proc.

Azulsky

That looks outdated. The best setups are rain of toads or addling toads right now IMO.

Do the addling toads get stuck behind walls? Is the Addling proc rate with flayer > RoT w/o

I have a decent flayer stashed away and could never decide whether to use it or not over my Thunderfury

eek5

Do the addling toads get stuck behind walls? Is the Addling proc rate with flayer > RoT w/o

I have a decent flayer stashed away and could never decide whether to use it or not over my Thunderfury

Yes they can get jammed up by obstacles.

Addling w/ flayer is much higher than RoT. I can proc 15 fetishes off just 2-3 targets.

Shifty76

That looks outdated. The best setups are rain of toads or addling toads right now IMO. The pieces are similar I guess.

I personally like to run

head: MoJ
shoulder: Aughild
chest: Aughild
bracer: Aughild
Gloves: T&T
Pants: Jade (asheara if you don't have jade)
Boots: Jade(asheara if you don't have jade)
ring1: tall man finger
ring2: SOJ
weapon: Flayer or SMK

If you get SMK you don't really even need zuni. I don't get what the point is since you have to run both BBV and FA anyway and the FA cooldown will refresh really fast. No need to have both up and you can get 500 int ortoughness out of those spots instead.

TMF+SOJ probably gives the most dmg. 3 piece Aughild isn't a huge deal.

You can see my current build here:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/eek-1673/hero/2760823

I can solo T5 pretty fast and give great support for T6 w/ addling proc.
Why not Cain's over Asheara? 8% ias seems more useful to a pet doc than 100AR.

Alternately, hexing pants + something like ice climbers would give more dps + cc immunity

Boogdud

The Crusader firelight build (darklight +akkhan 6piece, foth tempest) is amazing damage, but it has two horrible, horrible drawbacks.

1) you (and your teammates) can't see any ground effects. You literally have to read the affixes on bosses, which is just really really great. No, really great, because I've got time for that in all the chaos.

2) you (and your teammates) screen shakes constantly the entire time. It's hard enough to (not) see anything going on, but with this build it's doubly bad.

So, in short, if you want your teammates to hate you and never want to play with you, go for this build! It's amazing damage, but the effects are beyond obnoxious.

I only write this in the hopes that someone out there going for the build, doesn't waste the time gathering all the insane gear requirements for it (unless all you do is solo).

Jade gloves and pants get! Finally got my full haunt frost gear.
Thanks kadela I knew you'd come through for me.

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Finicky-2766/hero/38215974
The damage is insane (though I'm still getting used to how the spec works)
It's really satisfying to oneshot elites.

This does way more damage than my quake barb or kridershot sentry DH
I'm loving the spec so far it's far more engaging than the awful 'hold down left click all day and cast piranas now and then' pet spec. Having to manually pick targets to haunt, make sure pestilence spreads to all enemies (or that you cast more of them) before you harvest and running in close to harvest makes it entertaining and rewarding to play.

Any playstyle/mechanics tips/tricks?

Next project will be tal belt/neck , vyr chest, fire weap and fire necklace for my wizard so he can do t6 properly too as archon+tal+mirrorball fire spec

also have you guys seen this?
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/12674919946?page=2#37
thank fucking god, the slow animation on leap makes playing it absolutely miserable.

scy

Really? The base damage already seems pretty high.

It's high but still missing quite a bit on the damage range since 1199 - 1490 is the max roll and you're missing ~8% of it right there (92 - 98 on the min - max). That's just a larger increase than +2% on the overall damage (+27 - 38).

The Crusader firelight build (darklight +akkhan 6piece, foth tempest) is amazing damage, but it has two horrible, horrible drawbacks.

The other notable thing is Reflect can be pretty absurd with it and you'll kill yourself on Electrified if you're not paying attention. That and, yeah, it's really more of a solo build and FotF Shotgun is more for group play.

eek5

Why not Cain's over Asheara? 8% ias seems more useful to a pet doc than 100AR.

Alternately, hexing pants + something like ice climbers would give more dps + cc immunity

Yeah probably. IDK. I don't have hexing pants or int ice climbers and I already had asheara. I was wearing Jade 2 pc on pant/boots before I split my WDs into two characters so I wouldn't have to keep adjusting my paragon points.

Boogdud

The other notable thing is Reflect can be pretty absurd with it and you'll kill yourself on Electrified if you're not paying attention. That and, yeah, it's really more of a solo build and FotF Shotgun is more for group play.

I haven't really done anything with the shotgun build. I have a fate and charo and six piece, but I only have like 46% cdr at the moment. I'm guessing it's totally dependent on having constant champ up?

scy

Charo doesn't really do anything for the build since you don't use a cooldown rune on Heaven's Fury anyway. Hellskull is the shield for the build due to the +10% Damage it gives. But, yeah, you really want the 56% CDR point for no downtime on AC otherwise its kind of awkward when you're sitting there waiting for AC to come back up.

Baliis

Charo doesn't really do anything for the build since you don't use a cooldown rune on Heaven's Fury anyway. Hellskull is the shield for the build due to the +10% Damage it gives. But, yeah, you really want the 56% CDR point for no downtime on AC otherwise its kind of awkward when you're sitting there waiting for AC to come back up.

I'm still sitting at like 50.2% CDR and yea even the couple second down time is killer. Personally for the shield in using the 360 shield glare one since I'm using that for extra wrath gen and just to keep stuff in place, its working well for me.

Lain

Since I didn't get any reply to my question about what to reroll on the Tal Rasha neck for crit, I'm guessing I just shouldn't reroll it at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom