• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

j-wood

Nvidia came out with a new driver today that completely broke the game on my laptop (which has an nvidia 860m). No matter what I do it runs the game with the integrated graphics chip. Anyone else have this issue or know what I can do to fix it? I really hate this nvidia optimus BS.

Ultratech

Nvidia came out with a new driver today that completely broke the game on my laptop (which has an nvidia 860m). No matter what I do it runs the game with the integrated graphics chip. Anyone else have this issue or know what I can do to fix it? I really hate this nvidia optimus BS.

Welcome to why I HATE updating graphics drivers except when necessary.

Did you check Device Manager to see if you have any issues with GPU?

CRA5H

Roll back to previous drivers given that you still have the executable file for them. If not, guru3d is your friend.
Honestly, I hate installing new drivers. When it comes to that, I stick with the "if it aint broke, don't fix it" mentality. Also, make sure you use a tool such as driver sweeper after uninstalling your old drivers. Some people don't do this and even nvidia says you don't need to but its the best way to ensure you're installing from a clean slate. Best of luck!

j-wood

The main issue here is that this "nvidia optimus" technology is the stupidest thing I've ever seen. I didn't pay over $1,000 for a laptop to run on integrated graphics. You apparently can't set it to use the dedicated card for everything, and you can't disable the intel graphics chip.

So fucking stupid.

Shadow780

I had the same issue before with one of their driver updates, This post fixed the issue for me as a temporary solution until Nvidia fixed the issue in their next updates. See if that still works, you don't launch the game from Bnet app, use the D3.exe straight to the game itself.

j-wood

I had the same issue before with one of their driver updates, This post fixed the issue for me as a temporary solution until Nvidia fixed the issue in their next updates. See if that still works, you don't launch the game from Bnet app, use the D3.exe straight to the game itself.

Tried that. Unfortunately it didn't work. Seems that the control panel is overriding it to use integrated graphics no matter why.

I just don't understand why the option isn't given to you to disable optimus. Makes no sense.

Shadow780

Tried that. Unfortunately it didn't work. Seems that the control panel is overriding it to use integrated graphics no matter why.

I just don't understand why the option isn't given to you to disable optimus. Makes no sense.

That sux, yeah I stopped updating my drivers, sticking to what's working right now.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
My sader is getting somewhat close to where i want him

http://www.diabloprogress.com/hero/dopeyfish-1362/Death/43867457

Still trying to reroll the cindercoat... very expensive :( (would prefer a better one anyways)

Need to replace my soj with a fire one and my witching hour with a level 70 version...

Then swap out my unity for a trifecta RROG... then swap out my bracers/shoulders for aughilds and boots/pants with blackthornes

That should bring up my elemental dps to ~2.6 million and my elite DPS to ~4 million

Still lots of farming ahead for me :(

Yu Narukami

Ok, I'm finally starting this on PS3. At first I thought this game wasn't for me, but after trying the demo I'm really hooked.
Can I ask if someone has a spare Infernal Helm? That would really help, thanks.

Grampasso

No marauders yet, now I'll start to farm for a Pride's fall since no Cindercoat, I'm sick of having to go around doing shitload of dmg but constraint by the huge hatred expense of CA ç_ç
I have 72% fire dmg, 49% elite and 42% Cluster Arrow... Not lacking drops at all when it comes to quantity, but no quality at all and I think I accindentally killed whole Kadala's family judging by the latest 1500 shards I spent on her :D

SeigO

Banned
I'm not sure where to go with my WD from here. I finally got my MoJ tonight after 5k BS's.
I guess I should start gambling for weapons? Because my very average Sun Keeper is still the best weapon that I've found.
http://www.diabloprogress.com/hero/seig-1365/Seig/2235566

I'm thrilled with how strong MoJ + Tasker and Theo is already. I'm able to clear T6 fairly safe now, but it's a little bit too slow for farming speed.

Radec

damn, streamer GiG managed to get the 5 jade set pieces in 6 hours - 12,200 shards just RiFing

entertaining shit.
KuGsj.gif

Lain

Just killed Maghda and saw her drop 2 set rings, which I found quite funny. Even more funny was that they were a Litany of The Undaunted and a The Wailing Host. Not like I'd use them but still, a good way to start a D3 session I think.

Just killed Maghda and saw her drop 2 set rings, which I found quite funny. Even more funny was that they were a Litany of The Undaunted and a The Wailing Host. Not like I'd use them but still, a good way to start a D3 session I think.

What's this potion?

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Just got a Tal Rasha neck, before the server disconnected me.
What should I reroll to crit? Or should I try to roll something to Elemental damage instead?
The Vaxo is what I'll be removing for it.
w5M.png

Vit to crit chance, I'd say.

Celegus

So close to full Akkhan set, just need the shoulders! Our group got trolled by two Invoker shoulders last night, but it's gotta be coming soon! Also found a nice Baleful Remnant (I think is what it's called), already has 2700dps and a socket. Not sure if I want to get 10% damage or CDR, I'll have to see if I need more CDR once I complete the set. Or just stick with my Mortal Drama. Yesterday was a good day for my Crusader - found both of those flails, Akkhan helm, two pants, and boots.

Boogdud

My sader is getting somewhat close to where i want him

http://www.diabloprogress.com/hero/dopeyfish-1362/Death/43867457

That's an impressive amount of elemental damage for a crusader. But 2m toughness? What torment level are you playing in because I imagine you'd get one shot in anything about T2. If you had range you could probably kill anything before it hit you but it looks like most of your skills are melee aside from bomb.

It seems to me like they completely designed the class around having 6 akkhan +56% cdr or whatever, and if you don't have it, well, enjoy T3. Having all the skills on cooldowns (or absurd wrath costs if no cd) and terrible wrath generators (which are also cooldowns) is really hurting the class. Sadly, we've been telling them this since before launch but they just don't seem to get it.

Vit to crit chance, I'd say.

I'd reroll the AS

a measly 5 percent for 700+ vit... and several of the wiz specs don't care much about attack speed.

Once you start doing t5-t6 you'll really appreciate having a decent hp pool on reaper maps, those fucking charges that wombo combo with waller/prison/knockback affixes will kill you very easily if you run with ~300k hp

bcl0328

any of you watch D3 streamers on twitch? Datmodz is probably my favorite, not just D3 but out of everyone. dude is hilarious and entertaining. people ask the dumbest shit and he has the best replies.

I'd reroll the AS

a measly 5 percent for 700+ vit... and several of the wiz specs don't care much about attack speed.

this is what i did on mine. i kept the vit for some nice survivability and have CC/CHD.

fuck, i downloaded that last night. i knew something was wrong when i had to close the updater twice. sigh.

Azulsky

Cant you force preference for the dGPU through Nvidia control panel.

Otoh it just occured to me that i never turned SLI back on after updating yesterday

j-wood

Cant you force preference for the dGPU through Nvidia control panel.

Otoh it just occured to me that i never turned SLI back on after updating yesterday

You can, but the new driver is glitched and the D3 profile is stuck in integrated graphics. Will not let you change it.

StMeph

It seems to me like they completely designed the class around having 6 akkhan +56% cdr or whatever, and if you don't have it, well, enjoy T3. Having all the skills on cooldowns (or absurd wrath costs if no cd) and terrible wrath generators (which are also cooldowns) is really hurting the class. Sadly, we've been telling them this since before launch but they just don't seem to get it.

Baseline Wrath regeneration and the Templar's bonus regeneration rates were reduced in the last patch with the ability buffs.

Crusader needs a bit more passive Wrath generation to feel right, I think. Right now, it's often at the mercy of cooldowns, because even the generators are pretty slow at building up Wrath, and top-end builds use none.

Mumei

:(

I wanted to get a Ring of Royal Grandeur that had CD, CC, and CDR but apparently that isn't a thing that can happen. And I also used up all my Topaz trying to improve this ring and only got to 41% CD and that isn't good enough.

Ugh.

:(

Boogdud

Crusader needs a bit more passive Wrath generation to feel right, I think. Right now, it's often at the mercy of cooldowns, because even the generators are pretty slow at building up Wrath, and top-end builds use none.

Exactly, right now the entire point of 'end game' gearing is to get rid of all of the cooldowns because they kill your dps unless you whittle the time down to something reasonable (which takes considerable gearing). Cooldown skills aren't fun, especially when they do mediocre damage compared to non-cd skills of other classes.

You basically have to gear yourself to use champion permanently, to get the huge bonus to damage (that gets you in line with other classes). A skill that has a 90 second cooldown is the only thing that gets your damage and wrath regen to a decent level. Until you have it almost permanently (which takes incredibly luck and time), the skill lasts for 20 seconds. So the vast majority of crusaders gearing up have comparable damage to other classes for 20 seconds at a time, every 90 seconds. That, in a nutshell, shows what's wrong with the class.

Sadly the only set we have is geared specifically for champion. I wish they'd just get rid of the skill tbh.

foladar

any of you watch D3 streamers on twitch? Datmodz is probably my favorite, not just D3 but out of everyone. dude is hilarious and entertaining. people ask the dumbest shit and he has the best replies.

Mori and Modz mostly for me, but probably depends on what class you play as well. Both are generally entertaining, even if you don't play the same class.

Celegus

Exactly, right now the entire point of 'end game' gearing is to get rid of all of the cooldowns because they kill your dps unless you whittle the time down to something reasonable (which takes considerable gearing). Cooldown skills aren't fun, especially when they do mediocre damage compared to non-cd skills of other classes.

You basically have to gear yourself to use champion permanently, to get the huge bonus to damage (that gets you in line with other classes). A skill that has a 90 second cooldown is the only thing that gets your damage and wrath regen to a decent level. Until you have it almost permanently (which takes incredibly luck and time), the skill lasts for 20 seconds. So the vast majority of crusaders gearing up have comparable damage to other classes for 20 seconds at a time, every 90 seconds. That, in a nutshell, shows what's wrong with the class.

Sadly the only set we have is geared specifically for champion. I wish they'd just get rid of the skill tbh.

Mine can handle himself fine in T5 and doesn't use any Akkhan stuff yet. Not the quickest at killing but decent enough, and the tankiness makes up for it. I really don't have much of a problem with wrath regen, although I do use Reaper's Wraps. The only skill I use that consumes it is shield bash, which hits like a truck (and helps with mobility). I do wish there were more sets for Crusader than just the one though, since it does kind of funnel everyone into the same skill.

DSmalls84

Still on my hunt for a Starmetal, but my Jade build is now T6 capable since I found 2 Unitys. Starting to get kind of burned out looking for 1 item. I might be taking a break and playing a new class for a while.

Boogdud

Mine can handle himself fine in T5 and doesn't use any Akkhan stuff yet. Not the quickest at killing but decent enough, and the tankiness makes up for it. I really don't have much of a problem with wrath regen, although I do use Reaper's Wraps. The only skill I use that consumes it is shield bash, which hits like a truck (and helps with mobility). I do wish there were more sets for Crusader than just the one though, since it does kind of funnel everyone into the same skill.

Well, slogging through content seems to be the classes lot. The problem isn't generally that you can't do content without 6pc +cdr, it's just that you'll do it at half the speed of just about every other class (monk excluded). Sadly if you had a magic wand that would magically restat your strength etc. to another class, the class you swapped gear with would outpace the crusader tremendously.

It would be one thing if there were actually roles in the game. If that were true then a tanky character that had lower damage would have a place. But they made the object of the game is speed killing content.

For me personally, I wish we could get better wrath gen, less cooldown skills, get rid of champion and the cdr method of playing and get rid of the annoying "lightshow: the game" builds. Most of the viable builds for the crusader are obnoxious to teammates (bs build, firelight, etc.).

One thing they did really well was making the class look great. I think that's my problem. I love the idea of the class, and the way it looks, but it just feels so slow and low damage to me that it's not appealing. The tanky-tough guy with low damage just isn't an archetype that I think works in a game like this. At least we're not slow as hell now with the penalty lifted.

forrest

formerly nacire
Username change go! Should be easier for folks to decipher who I am now!

In other news, crafting gems to reroll amulets is the true Uber boss.

garath

Finally starting to accumulate some souls. I have 35 in the stash right now. I have a few things I can reroll but nothing super pressing.

I'm at the point now where T4 is a cakewalk but T5 is still a bit slow going. It takes 15 min to clear a T5 rift. Too slow for the rewards. I think a well rolled Stone of Jordan will make T5 efficient. Unfortunately I've never even seen a SoJ, let alone a well rolled one. I'm over 2k shards into Kadala with a single legendary ring (not an SoJ of course). :(

I keep trying to play my crusader more but I don't want to miss out on the opportunity to get a SoJ for my DH if it happened to drop lol. Plus most of my gear can use a better version of what I have. I actually just replaced my maurader's helm last night with one that has crit chance. It was a pretty decent roll for the helm.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/garath-1132/hero/40752152

This new drop rate is the way the game should have always been. It's the only reason I'm still playing. Getting that little green or orange beam lighting up to the sky is such a wonderful feeling. Even when it's the 7th strongarm bracers I've seen that day.

Celegus

One thing they did really well was making the class look great. I think that's my problem. I love the idea of the class, and the way it looks, but it just feels so slow and low damage to me that it's not appealing. The tanky-tough guy with low damage just isn't an archetype that I think works in a game like this. At least we're not slow as hell now with the penalty lifted.

Heh, good thing that's the main thing I care about! I can forgive a lot if I like the look and feel of a character. It's my favorite playstyle as well - jump into a huge hoard of enemies and smash them with a giant 2H weapon. Even if it's not the most "ideal" class based on the numbers, I play the game because it's fun, and Crusader is a ton of fun. I've switched from Fire to Lightning to Physical back to Lightning and then Fire again just this weekend.

Probably wasted a ton of gold/souls on stuff I won't end up using again, but I just like experimenting with different builds/skills and seeing what works. Sadly it seems like it's fire, just like with my barb. Probably my biggest two issues with the game right now are emerald gems in weapons being necessary and fire outclassing everything else on almost every class.

Azulsky

Can you snapshot Harrington's bonus when you summon a LMF Zombie Doge then switch back to another belt??

Seems like the same question could apply to any pet but i hear that Hydras keep the bonus after the Harringtons duration has passed

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Hi all. Does anyone actively manage the GAF clans?

Looking for an invite as well, T5/6 capable Barb / WD / Sader

Luxury#1795

Yes, the problem is there's only so much managing we can do - the main clan is full of reasonably active people. I figured out a way to manually track activity by battletag but it's going to be pretty time consuming. Maybe I can build something to use the Blizzard API.

We definitely need another clan. I'm thinking it would make sense to have them aligned by time zones. I'll join up with an alt account later and see where GAFO is at, or if it makes sense to spin up a new one.

garath

Yes, the problem is there's only so much managing we can do - the main clan is full of reasonably active people. I figured out a way to manually track activity by battletag but it's going to be pretty time consuming. Maybe I can build something to use the Blizzard API.

We definitely need another clan. I'm thinking it would make sense to have them aligned by time zones. I'll join up with an alt account later and see where GAFO is at, or if it makes sense to spin up a new one.

The clan tools in this game suck.

It's very frustrating. It's been real nice playing with GAF recently. I used to solo or just duo with my friend 100% of the time. But lately I've been getting in full groups with other GAF members pretty much every time I play. It's made the game a LOT more enjoyable. Having a last active stat is a small thing that would go a long way to making the clan better. Even better would be extending the limit beyond the 150. :(

Finally got a pair of marauder pants I could 2-socket last night. It was a nice little toughness upgrade.

Sadly, I'm out of rift frags and I've absolutely no interest at all in doing more bounties.

360 forgotten souls now. I wish I could trade them for frags. That'd be nice. But I'll probably be taking a break for a while.

Cmon now my sader doesn't have full akkhan and he does dmg worthy of t4
which incidentally is what my wd , DH , barb and wiz did till they had their full set
Yes it's very stupid that the wrath regen and cooldowns on spells are designed around full akkhan, but the dmg is good with gyrfalcon or fell of fate or the other 2h flail the name of which I can't remember atm.

Found a second pair of Ice Climbers and Witching Hour. Also got a nice int Harrington and the lightning immune amulet that I can make trifecta.

Pretty good haul

garath

Finally got a pair of marauder pants I could 2-socket last night. It was a nice little toughness upgrade.

Sadly, I'm out of rift frags and I've absolutely no interest at all in doing more bounties.

360 forgotten souls now. I wish I could trade them for frags. That'd be nice. But I'll probably be taking a break for a while.

Running bounties suck. Especially now that I finally have my RRoG. It's mindless and annoying just for frags. Even putting it on T1, throwing on both Danettas and tactical advantage it is still too slow for my tastes. Basically a waste of time. It would be nice to be able to procure frags in a different way.

Celegus

which incidentally is what my wd , DH , barb and wiz did till they had their full set
Yes it's very stupid that the wrath regen and cooldowns on spells are designed around full akkhan, but the dmg is good with gyrfalcon or fell of fate or the other 2h mace the name of which I can't remember atm.

That's the other thing I like so much about Crusader. Even if they only have one set, they have the most interesting class specific weapon/shield legendary effects. Foote, Fate of the Fell, Darklight, Mortal Drama, Baleful Remnant - all of them could be very good depending on your build. So many choices! I also just really like 2H weapons in general, and sadly they're the only class that will ever use one.

Boogdud

Yes it's very stupid that the wrath regen and cooldowns on spells are designed around full akkhan, but the dmg is good with gyrfalcon or fell of fate or the other 2h mace the name of which I can't remember atm.

Not sure which mace you're thinking of, maybe furnace (fire) or Schaefers (light)? But anyway, the damage is 'good' with fate of the fell or gryfalcon or darklight, which are build defining weapons. Not to mention fate of the fell is pretty much worthless without 6pc. akkhan's and cdr, and gryph is worthless without a jekangbord.

I just think the skills should be 'good damage' without having build defining weapon combos. Build defining weapons should be something you're looking for to explore new options not gates. But I think that's more a problem with the entire game's design and not limited to the crusader.

That's the other thing I like so much about Crusader. Even if they only have one set, they have the most interesting class specific weapon/shield legendary effects. Foote, Fate of the Fell, Darklight, Mortal Drama, Baleful Remnant - all of them could be very good depending on your build. So many choices! I also just really like 2H weapons in general, and sadly they're the only class that will ever use one.

Double edged sword though (no pun intended). If you don't get one of those weapons and all you keep getting are crappy Arthef’s, polearms, and junk then you're stuck with a pretty lackluster class.

I don't mean to harp on the crusader. I know a lot of people like them, I'm just rather bitter that my similarly geard wd can absolutely trounce the crusader. Going back to him feels really slow and plodding comparatively. It's harder to perfect him getting those last few items because my friends hate grouping with him (darklight or bs build really gets a lot of hate effects wise). Plus, I know that when I do have him ready for T6 I'm going to be looking at a big glowing ape in armor for 99% of the time. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom