• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fularu

Banned
Screenshot036.jpg

1049.gif
I got something similar on my barb, but since I always take some form of damage, I just sharded it.

StMeph

For a Crusader using Shard of Hate and running Lightning, is Fist strictly better than Hammers? And Slash over Justice? If Justice, is the Passive worth it just for Justice alone, without Hammers?

There don't seem to be that many DPS options for Crusaders through Passives. Finery seems pretty weak (7 sockets, x70 = 490 Strength), but people still take it. No other good options?

When you're hunting for a specific item, this game really sucks. I've spent a week's worth of blood shards trying to get Ice Climbers, which amounts to easily over 2k+ per day.

Definitely losing the drive...

Keep on keeping on. It's best to not think about whatever item it is you're searching for. I've spent the last two weeks hoping for my last Tal's set piece during every. single. elite fight. That shit wears you down. I'm now trying to focus on clearing rifts as quickly and efficiently as possible without worrying about the loot drops. It also helps to have friends/clanmates to chat with to help take your mind off whatever item you're hunting for.

Macmanus

When you're hunting for a specific item, this game really sucks. I've spent a week's worth of blood shards trying to get Ice Climbers, which amounts to easily over 2k+ per day.

Does anyone ever wonder why blood shards even exist? Why not just use regular gold and reward rifts and bounties with giant piles of gold? You can't trade gold so why invent a secondary currency that the first can serve?

Firemind

For a Crusader using Shard of Hate and running Lightning, is Fist strictly better than Hammers? And Slash over Justice? If Justice, is the Passive worth it just for Justice alone, without Hammers?

There don't seem to be that many DPS options for Crusaders through Passives. Finery seems pretty weak (7 sockets, x70 = 490 Strength), but people still take it. No other good options?

Nephalem uptime for speedruns and... Lord Commander? Crusader passives are shit. :lol

terrisus

Haven't touched this since completing the new quests like a week after it came out.

Sure, the new areas are much better than everything except Act 1. And, the new loot/drops are nice. But, without the AH, there just doesn't seem to be any point. Would rather be playing the far superior version, Diablo

Discobird

Does the RIF community frown on you if you join Torment+ rifts with a lower leveled character (like level 15-20) just to get some experience? Obviously I'd be more than willing to open a rift. I just kind of figure I may as well get some leveling on my wizard or something.

Nah man, you're good. As a runner I just assume I will have to carry the boss fight by myself, and if the leechers can help that's a bonus. When I do T4 rifts there's about a 90% chance at least one of the leechers will die but it doesn't bother me at all. I don't even pay attention to the level of my party mates.

joesmokey

Does anyone ever wonder why blood shards even exist? Why not just use regular gold and reward rifts and bounties with giant piles of gold? You can't trade gold so why invent a secondary currency that the first can serve?
Blood shards exist as a reason to do rifts. I hate that blood shards are the best way to find a specific non-set slot piece. I much prefer trying to hunt for drops. Still a crappy system :(.

Realyn

So with what many people are feeling about legendary drop rates after not logging in for a few days and even Blizzard speaking of a hidden timer

I apologize, I was unclear. What I was getting at was that if a legendary drops off-screen and you don't notice it and don't pick it up, it still resets your timer. This happens a lot with split farming;

how exactly are Ladders supposed to work? I'm not even going to start on people multi boxing and netting those secure drops but rather what's the point of a ladder system if rng isn't rng?

For the record: I'm not complaining about drops or anything. I'm fine with having a 2-3 hour dry run of not finding any legendary. Except that this isn't happening in D3. You are guaranteed legendary drops. It's silly really. You find a Blackthorne or something and your first thought is "Oh, there goes my legendary for the next 15-20 minutes .. *sigh*."

Discobird

Congrats man, happy you finally found your Pride's Fall :)

Helm is awesome, besides the legendary effect it always rolls with mainstat, vit, and CC so you can always roll for a skill bonus on the fourth affix. Makes farming for it less of a pain because no matter how it rolls you know it'll be at least decent (and yours is more than decent)

Now's a good time to experiment with Awareness if you haven't already. Unless you're using the Unity + immortal follower trick, it'll be very useful for maintaining the Pride's Fall buff.

The Cowboy

You don't even need to go all fancy and replace the Firebird with other generic sets to outclass it- even if you're a fire wiz, Cindercoat, Magefist and Andys are going to outperform that set, hands down, and leave you with three other pieces to get whatever you like. That dot is incredibly pathetic when you consider you could just have a flat 60% fire element damage instead AND the amazing cindercoat effect.
This is why I'm not bothering with the firebird set, even though i have a few pieces of it. I have a cindercoat, magefist, SOJ, reapers wraps (72% fire damage and 25% elite damage) and Pox Faulds. a couple aren't even great rolls and yet they'd still beat out the entire firebird set with good rolls.

This shouldn't be possible, no way should an end game class set be outperformed like this.

Done with Monk's trashcan DPS. Put on the zDPS physical suit for groups and took all my fire gear and put it on my DH. Class is a pile of garbage solo.

Mumei

Nephalem uptime for speedruns and... Lord Commander? Crusader passives are shit. :lol

I've been playing through story mode with my Crusader, and they have been rather mediocre so far. I'm also playing a Demon Hunter, and I looove Tactical Advantage. That movement speed bonus is wonderful.

ACSwift

Man I wish there was an option to spend a little more forgotten souls and reset your item stats to what they originally where when you found them, cause I ended up re rolling the wrong stat on my Cain's Scrivener, and could get the trifecta stats =/. Well....its my fault anyways T.T

I can easily afford to re-roll the CC into 6.0.

Well once I have enough gold that is.. lol.

You don't think maxing out the dex would be more beneficial? Can't it go up to 750? I'd have a tough time choosing between those options.

Damn good Pride's Fall.

The Cowboy

Man I wish there was an option to spend a little more forgotten souls and reset your item stats to what they originally where when you found them, cause I ended up re rolling the wrong stat on my Cain's Scrivener, and could get the trifecta stats =/. Well....its my fault anyways T.T
I would pay cash for this option, real hard earned cash.

I messed up my Quetzalcoatl just after i got ROS as i didn't quite understand that enchanting properly and rolled a secondary, they could even make it a limited number of times, like say 2/3 resets and that's it and I'd still be happy.

Huh, I found a Fulminator, but with the wrong main stat for the class. That's like the first time I've ever had that happen on 2.0.

I think one of the better ideas I've seen is swapping the Hellfire Ring with the Ring of Royal Grandeur.

This whole section of the game seems wasted. Ubers could be an interesting concept, but nobody wants this piece of crap ring when the Stone of Jordan and Ring of Royal Grandeur exist.

But I'm willing to bet people wouldn't mind farming the keys then doing ubers for their shot at a RoRG. It would be a lot less mind-numbing than act 1 normal bounties....

My only issue with this is that it puts the RoG out of lower level players reach.

eek5

Done with Monk's trashcan DPS. Put on the zDPS physical suit for groups and took all my fire gear and put it on my DH. Class is a pile of garbage solo.

I'm just going to stack 20 mil toughness w/ full blackthornes and iceclimbers w/ as much cdr as I can get & spirit regen then only do epiph into dashing exploding palm with zero dps. Thug life.

Welcome to the monk sucks ass club!

I'm just going to stack 20 mil toughness w/ full blackthornes and iceclimbers w/ as much cdr as I can get & spirit regen then only do epiph into dashing exploding palm with zero dps. Thug life.

Support class to the max.

Discobird

If the only thing you're looking for is Ice Climbers to complete your build, maybe you would get more enjoyment out of earning the shards on a different character?

Surely there are also sidegrades / alternative builds to explore?

I've reached the point on my DH where the only upgrades left for my fire build, other than better rolls on existing pieces, are a trifecta RRG (already have a non-trifecta one) and either Marauder's Pants or trifecta Marauder's Gloves. Needless to say these are pretty hard to find on purpose. I guess I could gamble for a fire SOJ but I wouldn't even wear it unless and until they change the Unity + immortal follower thing. So to keep things fresh I spent a bunch of resources on physical damage gear and experimented with a zookeeper build. It's been fun and I switch back and forth between fire and physical depending on my mood, and it gave me a bunch of new short term goals like crafting a new Reaper's Wraps, gambling Tasker & Theo gloves and maybe putting together a Captain Crimson set.

Hellfire Ring should be reworked, get rid of the XP bonus, let it roll 5/1 instead of the usual 4/2, with primary stat and an elemental damage guaranteed to roll. Retain the fireball proc.

That might actually compete with an SOJ, especially for lower torment farming.

traveler

Not Wario
It would, at the very least, introduce a third ring to endgame consideration, which currently seems to consist of only ring of royal grandeur and a soj of the appropriate element for pretty much everyone.

Tom Penny

20m toughness? Easy. Just use dodge passive. Watch dat toughness go up !!!

Dahbomb

You don't think maxing out the dex would be more beneficial? Can't it go up to 750? I'd have a tough time choosing between those options.

Damn good Pride's Fall.
Crit chance is more important even if it's 0.5% versus more Dex.

That said I would probably just roll Vit into Socket for Life % or CDR option. If I put a Diamond in there my combat efficiency would go up as I would have more Wolf and Vengeance up time.

Right now though I won't touch it.

I think one of the better ideas I've seen is swapping the Hellfire Ring with the Ring of Royal Grandeur.

This whole section of the game seems wasted. Ubers could be an interesting concept, but nobody wants this piece of crap ring when the Stone of Jordan and Ring of Royal Grandeur exist.

But I'm willing to bet people wouldn't mind farming the keys then doing ubers for their shot at a RoRG. It would be a lot less mind-numbing than act 1 normal bounties....

I could get behind this
I have an insanely good roll hellfire ring (trifecta high rolls) and I stilldon't use it because it's guttertrash
farming a better grandeur ring however is too tedious and rng based for me to bother (I might once they fix loot caches for torment levels)

Keyfarming helped build the community in vanilla and the game sorely needs something else to do other than just rift endlessly.

OT: the patch is out on US right? any patchnotes (nothing on diablofans that I can see)
I might be paranoid (justified imo with how blizzard operates in the past 5 years) but can anyone check if they stealth nerfed the earthen set for barbs or leap or quake somehow?
A clanmate was telling me people were asking for nerfs on the forums (what? why?) and if people whine then blizzard nerf, wether it's warranted or not

Dahbomb

There doesn't appear to be a patch although I didn't check everything.

Stuff I checked:

*Higher Torments still give about the same number of Shards.
*Split Bounties and RIF still the same.
*Unsocketing price still the same.
*% damage affix still not working.

joesmokey

If the only thing you're looking for is Ice Climbers to complete your build, maybe you would get more enjoyment out of earning the shards on a different character?

Surely there are also sidegrades / alternative builds to explore?
Other builds I have slots for already. Well, I could use Andy's cold/arcane, but I use Tal's helm in group play. Those builds are just a SoJ roll away from being complete.

I don't really get enjoyment out of having another character. I also need Wand of Woh, though I've already resigned myself to never getting that.

Shifty76

Hell with that.
Gimped as we are I refuse to degrade myself to be nothing more than a CS bitch for wiz's / wd's.

traveler

Not Wario
Random crazy thoughts for the day:

-Change dex's mitigation component a mechanic similar, if not identical, to the stagger mechanic used by monk tanks in WoW. Stagger basically caused monks to take only a portion of any given damage "staggered" up front with the remainder being taken over time after the hit. Dex scaling would increase the amount of damage "staggered" and you could tweak the mechanic to add more mitigation after the fact if needed for balance. (i.e. introduce a dodge chance component specifically for the staggered dot ticks) This would give dex classes their own spin on damage reduction, and take the stat away from its current feast or famine nature.

-Merge attack speed and cooldown reduction. Not a feasible idea for the current balance, but perhaps something to consider for the next xpac. They're thematically similar- with attack speed basically functioning as "cooldown reduction" for your basic attack animation- and builds seem to value only one or the other. This is just a random thought that I haven't given real deep consideration, so I'm just throwing it out there. It might be terrible in practice, but I just thought it'd be a neat idea.

-Bring back act end boss legs to story mode at level 70, starting with torment 4 difficulty. The rules would be similar to the current way Malthael functions, with one guaranteed drop per reset from the Butcher through Malthael, with a very slightly increased chance to get class set items off these drops. This would do a number of things: increase the incentive to farm on higher difficulties, give players a reason to consider story mode again, introduce a new type of run that wouldn't crowd out other existing runs, (the intent being that rifts should be still be tuned to be higher density, noticeably more efficient for legs in general and provide the Kadala angle, and bounties better for xp and gold) and bring back the excitement of the old Baal type runs, where working up to and getting close to a boss actually has meaning for the player. Lastly, it would give those frustrated with current set progress a way to make them a priority, at the expense of reducing their efficiency in other areas, as described above. The set drops could even be given a very slight bias based on act on top of the increased drop rate, such that Act 1 is slightly better for boots, act 2 legs, act 3 chest, act 4 shoulders, and act 5 the helm, with the gloves having a similar rate across all 5, or however they'd want to distribute it.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Hell with that.
Gimped as we are I refuse to degrade myself to be nothing more than a CS bitch for wiz's / wd's.

Something to tide people over - I've heard fire LTK with Gyana Na Kashu sort of works because the helm is bugged and the fireball hits the first target twice. The fire runes don't suffer from the "missing targets in point-blank range" problem that other runes do.

OT: the patch is out on US right? any patchnotes (nothing on diablofans that I can see)
I might be paranoid (justified imo with how blizzard operates in the past 5 years) but can anyone check if they stealth nerfed the earthen set for barbs or leap or quake somehow?
A clanmate was telling me people were asking for nerfs on the forums (what? why?) and if people whine then blizzard nerf, wether it's warranted or not

I think the whining directs their attention, but they'll still make their own call on it. The forums got a bit weirder than usual after the Shard of Hate nerfs. People were posting weird parody nerf threads and I think the momentum from that it still going. There could be some retalation from WD against barb since so many barb players have been lashing out at WD pets and the Jade Harvester set.

cdyhybrid

-Change dex's mitigation component a mechanic similar, if not identical, to the stagger mechanic used by monk tanks in WoW. Stagger basically caused monks to take only a portion of any given damage "staggered" up front with the remainder being taken over time after the hit. Dex scaling would increase the amount of damage "staggered" and you could tweak the mechanic to add more mitigation after the fact if needed for balance. (i.e. introduce a dodge chance component specifically for the staggered dot ticks) This would give dex classes their own spin on damage reduction, and take the stat away from its current feast or famine nature.

-Merge attack speed and cooldown reduction. Not a feasible idea for the current balance, but perhaps something to consider for the next xpac. They're thematically similar- with attack speed basically functioning as "cooldown reduction" for your basic attack animation- and builds seem to value only one or the other. This is just a random thought that I haven't given real deep consideration, so I'm just throwing it out there. It might be terrible in practice, but I just thought it'd be a neat idea.

-Bring back act end boss legs to story mode at level 70, starting with torment 4 difficulty. The rules would be similar to the current way Malthael functions, with one guaranteed drop per reset from the Butcher through Malthael, with a very slightly increased chance to get class set items off these drops. This would do a number of things: increase the incentive to farm on higher difficulties, give players a reason to consider story mode again, introduce a new type of run that wouldn't crowd out other existing runs, (the intent being that rifts should be still be tuned to be higher density, noticeably more efficient for legs in general and provide the Kadala angle, and bounties better for xp and gold) and bring back the excitement of the old Baal type runs, where working up to and getting close to a boss actually has meaning for the player. Lastly, it would give those frustrated with current set progress a way to make them a priority, at the expense of reducing their efficiency in other areas, as described above. The set drops could even be given a very slight bias based on act on top of the increased drop rate, such that Act 1 is slightly better for boots, act 2 legs, act 3 chest, act 4 shoulders, and act 5 the helm, with the gloves having a similar rate across all 5, or however they'd want to distribute it.

I like these ideas (I'm similarly clueless on the the attack speed/CDR thing though).

RDreamer

This kind of sucks. I can't even be happy with some of the items I got because they all require re-rolls to even be usable. Re-rolls constantly dick me over so much that I'm flat broke. I've got no veiled crystals and like 300k gold. I'm in a situation now where I have to sell half of my rares and break down half and then I'm still just fucked.

The Cowboy

Just had this drop from a chest (this would take me to +92% fire damage) - this is for a fire wizard..
Would this still be worth using if i rolled in a socket?, I'd loose 750 +int from my current weapon (it has no legendary bonus) which has pretty much perfect damage and stats (full +atk speed, full +int, almost full damage etc).

Really gutted it didn't roll with +int :(.

joesmokey

As a wizard, I'd rather see resource cost reduction merged with cdr. Attack speed and cdr are fundamentally different for wizards, but rcr and cdr have to fight for the same spot.

Would make trying out spenders on different builds more interesting.

This kind of sucks. I can't even be happy with some of the items I got because they all require re-rolls to even be usable. Re-rolls constantly dick me over so much that I'm flat broke. I've got no veiled crystals and like 300k gold. I'm in a situation now where I have to sell half of my rares and break down half and then I'm still just fucked.

Sell. Everything. You. Pick. Up.

Period.

I made over 5 million yesterday, and all I did were Rifts. Played for *maybe* 3-4 hours. Hell, I was even salvaging a ton of stuff before I decided to start selling again.

The Rift It Forward community is perfect for making gold, as long as you have rift keys. If you are fast enough you don't even have to spend rift keys, just join the game, kill the boss, get the xp/gold. That's it.

Seriously. How can people say it's hard to make gold when you literally get 85k gold for completing a T2 rift. Even the random cursed chests that are everywhere give you around 50k gold.

Just had this drop from a chest (this would take me to +92% fire damage) - this is for a fire wizard..

Would this still be worth using if i rolled in a socket?, I'd loose 750 +int from my current weapon (it has no legendary bonus) which has pretty much perfect damage and stats (full +atk speed, full +int, almost full damage etc).

Really gutted it didn't roll with +int :(.

I don't see why not? At least it has VIT on it.

RDreamer

Sell. Everything. You. Pick. Up.

Period.

I made over 5 million yesterday, and all I did were Rifts. Played for *maybe* 3-4 hours. Hell, I was even salvaging a ton of stuff before I decided to start selling again.

The Rift It Forward community is perfect for making gold, as long as you have rift keys. If you are fast enough you don't even have to spend rift keys, just join the game, kill the boss, get the xp/gold. That's it.

Seriously. How can people say it's hard to make gold when you literally get 85k gold for completing a T2 rift. Even the random cursed chests that are everywhere give you around 50k gold.

I did sell everything... until I ran out of veiled crystals, too.

And just one re-roll on a ring costs like 1 million gold. And it sometimes takes like 20 rolls to get what you need. That's how people are broke.

eek5

I did sell everything... until I ran out of veiled crystals, too.

And just one re-roll on a ring costs like 1 million gold. And it sometimes takes like 20 rolls to get what you need. That's how people are broke.

Sell. Everything. You. Pick. Up. Also. Salvage. It. All. For. Mats

wait..

Azulsky

It would, at the very least, introduce a third ring to endgame consideration, which currently seems to consist of only ring of royal grandeur and a soj of the appropriate element for pretty much everyone.

A third ring would create consideration. Right now there are 2 BiS Rings and 2 Ring Slots.

Sell. Everything. You. Pick. Up. Also. Salvage. It. All. For. Mats

wait..

I'm consistently hovering in the 30 - 35M gold mark. And I started the xpac with only 6M.

Whenever I'm re-rolling or combining gems I'll stop when I get near the 20M mark, regardless if I get the roll or gem I wanted. At that point I'll continue playing and selling everything until I'm back in the 30M range.

Similarly, I stop selling and start salvaging whenever my veiled crystals hit the double digits. During that time I don't spend any gold, other than repair costs.

The system works for me. I've never felt too broke or too rich, but I get by comfortably. I also have Flawless Royals in every slot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom