• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

IceMarker

Hearthstone and Diablo III being on the same servers just isn't fair. Can't play cards while Diablo is down and can't run Rifts when Hearthstone is down.

Nah there was a point where they had Nirvana build which was pretty godly.

Fun too.

Vac/EP monk was fun. It still might be to a newer monk. It's just getting old to someone who's played that way since forever.

It's double shitty as the path from t1-t4 kind opened the class up for some variation a little.

Got the Mirrorball shortly before server went down, only +1 Missile though.

That said, it's melting faces at 2-4M. I also take way, way less damage at 303k Life, I think the most it went down was around a quarter.

Fairly ridiculous eDPS. Still need a belt and an Amulet though.

Svafnir

Hearthstone and Diablo III being on the same servers just isn't fair. Can't play cards while Diablo is down and can't run Rifts when Hearthstone is down.

Wait what? That makes no sense. They both have millions of players, Diablo 3 itself has probably a ton of servers.

Edit: Unless you just mean the battle.net service which seems to be down.

TTOOLL

I like playing my monk now that I'm trying the TR build. However, it's been really hard for me to get upgrades because I don't play much, so I decided to take my Wizard to 70 so I could have that sense of improvement for a while.

Boogdud

Wait what? That makes no sense. They both have millions of players, Diablo 3 itself has probably a ton of servers.

It makes no sense, but it doesn't keep it from being true. I'm pretty sure hearthstone was moved to the diablo servers when it launched. Which, coincidentally, is why the servers have been complete shit off and on over the past few weeks.

Nah there was a point where they had Nirvana build which was pretty godly.

There was also the point where killing elites at the same time with EP causes them all to give nephalem valor stacks and have their own drops. While they weren't OP at that point they did kind of have an advantage over everyone else.

After finding only one earthen piece in 500 rifts , today I found the shoulders and the gloves (excellent roll on the shoulders, gloves are trifecta but low str 37crit dmg and 8.5 crit chance )

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Finicky-2766/hero/39170888
my barb atm

15+ rerolls on my SOJ to change it to fire and didn't get a single fire roll, so I just put it on crit dmg for now as I am broke...

Should I go for strongarm bracers from kadela or craft reapers wraps? I assume it'll be hard to get a decent roll on the strongarms, and the fury from wraps is quite nice

I'm not sure what to do weapons wise
I still have zero luck with weapon drops, no good sankis drop ever
Idk if it's worth crafting a devastator since I need to be really lucky with the rolls to get str or a socket AND 2100 ish dps AND a decent fire dmg roll to possibly make it an upgrade over the mad monarch I'm using

I had a really really good lightning set on my barb but now that I swapped to fire for the earthen set I kind of have to start from scratch again, luckily I found a decent cindercoat from kadela yesterday (after almost 8000 shards)

The only application i could think of for Raiment final bonus is the Epiphany feature that teleports you to all nearby enemies when you use a spender.

Well Epiphany teleports you for every attack you do. Unless you mean the mini-seven sided strike attack that occurs which I don't think counts as a teleport.

Even if it you increased the damage, it would be a really weird style of play. You'd have to stutter step your attacks with Fists of Thunder (which is the most ass generator we have) or with Epiphany on.

It would sort of work like Hexing pants, except people really only used Hexing pants for channeled attacks like WW and TR, which wouldn't work with this set.

The set bonus really just needs a big overhaul. Hell, the damn LTK helm AND Andy's visage does more damage than the bonus without being jank as fuck.

IlludiumQ36

Are there any legendaries that increase the summon time for the archers? (Phalanx) Those guys kick so much ass.

I'd settle for a legendary that actually makes them attack for the full 5 seconds of the summon instead of standing around for 2-3 seconds doing nothing before firing. This happens far too often.

Seen this behaviour on a lot of proc summons too (cows, angels, etc, although the demonic slave seems pretty agressive)

forrest

formerly nacire
Just got home after a busy day and wtf? A queue for Battle.net? First time I've seen this since they put the Beta Launcher up for download.

*Got through Battlenet queue and funneled right into the Diablo 3 queue!

*Just kidding! Error Code! To tha back o da queue we go!

Chucker

Looks like you can get in through offline, by launching the game? I'm in queue in D3 itself, we'll see what happens.

Epix

Turned out to be a good great GOD DAMN day for my Crusader. Found these too

CIN3bwf.png

Where did they drop for you?

Finally got in after 5 min then promptly get booted out. Are they still suffer from DDOS attack or is this the usual patch day trouble. Remind me of when I was playing WoW or patch Tuesday.

Dahbomb

Finally got in after 5 min then promptly get booted out. Are they still suffer from DDOS attack or is this the usual patch day trouble. Remind me of when I was playing WoW or patch Tuesday.
There isn't even a patch being deployed... not sure what the problem is.

Apparently the issue is being looked into:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/12673197811#1

Also some new feedback questions posted:

There have been a lot recent posts about seasons, and a lot of opinions and concerns about them. We're very happy that so many of you have taken an interest in this upcoming feature, and we're looking forward to sharing more information on them in the future. It’s always awesome to see a great community discussion on a subject like this, so I wanted to drop in and ask a few questions.

Based on the information currently available:

What about seasons makes you want to participate in them?
What concerns you about seasons?
What are some options to address any concerns you may have with seasons?

1) Exclusive Legendaries and starting over fresh. I feel like even the current game isn't completely washed clean of the AH.

2) My major concern about seasons is that it's going to be a copy/paste job from D2. D2 Ladders worked for that game due to the skill system but for D3 I am expecting more. I want there to be a reason to play Ladders aside from just getting exclusive gear. I want there to be Ladder exclusive events (like Races) and features plus end of season rewards along with various boosts (like movement cap raised in Ladder, experience gain increased dramatically and loot rates increased). I also feel that Ladder exclusive items/events/features could dissuade people from the game which brings me to the next question.

3) All Ladder exclusive features/items/modes should carry over to the main game after the season is done. This would take care of a lot of complaints that people have with exclusive Ladder features.

"Login to the Battle.net desktop app is currently unavailable. However, you can continue to use Battle.net in offline mode to launch and play games that are available offline."

Ummmmmmm

Mumei

"Login to the Battle.net desktop app is currently unavailable. However, you can continue to use Battle.net in offline mode to launch and play games that are available offline."

Ummmmmmm

They think they're cute, don't they?

It actually is possible to play SCII without connecting to B.net, though I think only campaign? Or maybe just against computer opponent multiplayer, too. And no achievements, naturally.

IceMarker

Ummmmmmm

At least Hearthstone should have an offline mode too. There's already AI programmed in.

Svafnir

At least Hearthstone should have an offline mode too. There's already AI programmed in.

Nope, the AI is done by the server. This is also because playing VS AI rewards cards/classes and goes towards quests. So even if the AI was client side which it's not, it would be pointless to play it offline... Wouldn't be able to progress.

akumacombos.com

Neo Member
Huh? It's a new game. Usually you have to pay for new games.

Huh? It´s an upgrade (expansion pack), they added only one new character (Crusader) with other few things, I still think that $40.00 is expensive just for an expansion pack, and that is just for the standard edition, the deluxe edition is $60.00.
Well, I rather go play the regular version with Barbarian.

scy

To each their own, I've done more with RoS content than I did with all of Diablo 3 and that was over a much longer period of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom