• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Awesome, game keeps disconnecting every time we beat a boss or rift guardian...fuck this game right now. I'm done. Two days off and I can't do shit in the one game I enjoy.

Dahbomb

uyX1tVL.png

Why couldn't this be fire =(
Damn near BiS for a Lightning Monk.

I bought the RoS digital upgrade AND the physical CE, which I am keeping sealed. I did this same thing with D3 vanilla, and both CEs look great next to each other on my shelf in my game room.

I have over 500 hours in D3 total and plan on putting many more in. I definitely feel I got my moneys worth.

Is the Hellfire ring worth the trouble?
I got all the keys except for the key of gluttony. I killed this act 2 keywarden countless times and had no luck with it(I got the other 3 keys rather quickly...multiple times).
And to think I'll need to get this key at least 4 times(probably a lot more)...

I bought the RoS digital upgrade AND the physical CE, which I am keeping sealed. I did this same thing with D3 vanilla, and both CEs look great next to each other on my shelf in my game room.

I have over 500 hours in D3 total and plan on putting many more in. I definitely feel I got my moneys worth.

Keeping it seal? To collect?!

dengatron

I got all the keys except for the key of gluttony. I killed this act 2 keywarden countless times and had no luck with it(I got the other 3 keys rather quickly...multiple times).

not at all. the ring rolls randomly and almost always ends up awful, after hours and hours and hours of effort. everyone just wants a ring of royal grandeur and stone of jordan or unity in the long run anyways.

Lain

I've been trying to find the Frostburn gloves from Kadala but that hasn't proven very fruitful. Alongside a lot of yellow and blue gloves, she keeps giving me St. Archew's Gage and Gladiator Gloves and when a pair of leg gloves drop, they end being a pair of those as well.
On the other hand, the gloves I'm using, a pair of rare ones, have 10% crit chance and 50% crit dmg (diablo site says 49% while in game it says 50%, which feels weird), so I'll still lose something whenever I'll manage to change them.

I wanted to play with fire, but the game has forced me to play cold, what with the items it gave me and the rerolls I got on certain items, so I just went along with it but now I'm not sure what items I should try to get. I know that for gloves Frostburn are really good from reading some posts in the previous thread, but what about amulets, boots, belt, head for example? Is there something that is more tailored toward a cold build?
This is my profile with what I have right now, though my skill-set isn't what I usually use (I usually have Elemental Exposure in place of Astral Presence, Energy Armor with Pinpoint Barrier rune / Ice Armor with Frozen Storm rune instead of Storm Armor, Arcane Orb with Frozen Orb rune instead of Wave of Force and I switch Hydra around with other skills like Black Hole and Blizzard depending how I feel), as I was experimenting around to spam more Wave of Force while doing my solo normal cache runs.

MoonGred

Can anyone recommend me a fun DH build, bearing in mind that i just got to 70. So something that isn't too gear dependent.

FYI the materials from each boss are not a 100% drop rate. You could end up needing just 1 set, maybe 10 sets.

Grampasso

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Link-2866/hero/102681
Finally got the revenge after 3 spites, it has been a game changer. The 2 1h combo + Haunt of Vaxo (rattling roll effect is stun) allow me to go around constantly with 2 shadow clones + the static ones left behind by every vault. I don't know if it's intended but seems like the static clones shots trigger an hatred generator effect, due to this I usually cripple elites after a single use of preparation.

zon

So sick of going multiple T3+ runs with full groups and not getting a single legendary. I just got done with my 5th consecutive in a row with nothing. Got all the way to the rift guardian for my last run of the night, get to 1% health and the server boots me.

I log back in, rift is cleared of mobs but now the map is undiscovered. no loot, no nothing.

Great to know they fixed the servers.

Fix this shit blizzard, the servers have been absolute trash for 2 weeks straight.

You can always do chest runs at the abandoned siege camp for a while. I got 5 legs in an hour doing that.

Mumei

I started trying to get a pair of Tasker, and I ended up with this:

2iESp3f.png

The critical damage was life on hit; I figure I'll use it for my DH once she hits 70, or maybe a Wizard if I make one? Not really amazing, I don't think, but since I was actually looking for it I'm happy. It's sitting in my stash, at any rate.

The Foul

woah, this would be perfect for my monk. where did you get it?

yesterday i finished RoS (with the help of 2 friends....) and now i'm hunting bounties.

If memory serves me correctly I got mine in a T2 rift. Rngesus was not kind
DPpacqV.png

Deuxfecta Gorget is a tough act to follow sadly. The Skeles on it are largely useless, but help prevent ambushes running T3/4 rifts with randoms where you tend to surge forward not picking up all the trash... they can kind of tank the lttp trash also. The Shadow Clones are legit with footstomp barb, such a shame.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/McFoul-1929/hero/45353174 my toons.

Taz

Some people in this game are just lucky played with a paragon 36 wiz he had WoW Moonlightward Firebirds offhand cindercoat and magefists after 1 week playing lol

Ps been trying class only Rifting and it seems to work quite well , someone gave me a tals helm and firebird shoulders, the only problem I've found out is that someone always runs miles ahead and trys to solo everything which is annoying and you end up with no loot from there kills, but it does seem the best way to get sets or class items.

Mumei

Some people in this game are just lucky played with a paragon 36 wiz he had WoW Moonlightward Firebirds offhand cindercoat and magefists after 1 week playing lol

Ps been trying class only Rifting and it seems to work quite well , someone gave me a tals helm and firebird shoulders, the only problem I've found out is that someone always runs miles ahead and trys to solo everything which is annoying and you end up with no loot from there kills, but it does seem the best way to get sets or class items.

Where are you finding people to do class-only rifts with? The relevant class community?

Grampasso

yesterday i finished RoS (with the help of 2 friends....) and now i'm hunting bounties.
Just for the record, consider you can get any legendary item from any enemy at any difficult (beside class set items only on torment) with different stats due to RNG factor.

garath

I ended up with this interesting cloak last night

MZ1IhxS.jpg

If I wasn't using a Garwulf, I think I'd use it. The free smoke screen sounds awesome. It has much better stats than both of my Garwulfs too :( Came with 3 sockets so I could reroll the spike trap damage. Oh well. I guess it's a soul.

What is it with this game and cloaks and weapons for me. I've ended up with a Blackfeather, 2 Garwulfs and this Beckon Sail. For weapons recently I've gotten both Danettas, Nat's slayer, 2 cluckeyes, 2 of those legendary 2h Xbows that shoot a fireball.

While I was at it, I crafted another couple archfiend quivers. First one was junk, second one rolled pretty well. What do you guys think?

BhqEUDo.jpg

I actually hate the idea of giving up the vitality for 1.5% crit chance and having to reroll the sentry damage. The elite damage is nice but at the expense of the toughness? hmm.

bcl0328

ok i see this all the time. loot is random. there is no "place" to farm anything. just kill stuff and hope it drops.

desverger

2iESp3f.png

The critical damage was life on hit; I figure I'll use it for my DH once she hits 70, or maybe a Wizard if I make one? Not really amazing, I don't think, but since I was actually looking for it I'm happy. It's sitting in my stash, at any rate.

Seeing that it has int, it's probably best to save it for an eventual wizard.

But with that said, if I assume correctly that you are playing a WD, fire is not actually a bad element for them either. If you have a fetish build, firebats will be your channeling spell of choice and you want attack speed for that build anyway, and you can slot your Fetish Army with a fire rune as well. Fire bomb is also a very nice builder for WDs.

Tarazet

Wondering how I can pump up the damage with on shield slinging crusader

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/toastyToast-6810/hero/46070925

I'm thinking of making Captain Crimson pants and boots, I'm gambling for an andy and periodically trying to get holy damage on my SOJ. Not sure if the 2 piece Akkan is worth it over Aughild's (probably not)

DPS is 543k without any paragon stuff. Profile seems messed up

Your build is such that your sheet DPS hardly matters at all. Free bouncing shields all day long. An Andy's or Mempo would be awesome, trifecta gloves and left ring, a holy Vaxo, 10% crit on the Jekanbord, a higher damage reroll on the Gyrfalcon's if possible.

DSmalls84

LOL I remember when I was playing Crusader at launch and kept finding all the gear for the Blessed Shield build. I totally scrapped multiple flails and shields because those skills were pretty garbage at launch. In retrospect probably a bad idea. Oh well live and learn.

Of course! It looks great on a shelf in a game room. If you are a big Diablo fan like myself, having sealed CEs is a pretty cool thing.
I would think being a big Diablo fan you would want to open it up and ogle at the gorgeous art book and watch the DVD. Soundtrack for RoS is also wonderful, also Diablo CE have that USB key that is great conversation piece to be on display. I can understand keeping it seal if you want resell it someday but hey its your money, I was just curious to why.

Someone talk me out of crafting devestator for fire barb

It's such a chore to farm and extremely unlikely to get a good roll ,are there better weaps for fire barb?

ominator

Neo Member
ok i see this all the time. loot is random. there is no "place" to farm anything. just kill stuff and hope it drops.

oh ok. i just thought there might be a better chance to get that item from Kadala for example.

Just for the record, consider you can get any legendary item from any enemy at any difficult (beside class set items only on torment) with different stats due to RNG factor.

do set-items drop at random too? and could i get them from kadala too?

Totakeke

Your build is such that your sheet DPS hardly matters at all. Free bouncing shields all day long. An Andy's or Mempo would be awesome, trifecta gloves and left ring, a holy Vaxo, 10% crit on the Jekanbord, a higher damage reroll on the Gyrfalcon's if possible.

Blessed Shield builds are actually the most linked to sheet dps (relative to other crusader builds) because the benefits you gain from the Akkhan set are far less. Also the build is not bursty which means it doesn't play that well with Judgment: Resovled, the usual skill that allows Crusaders to do much more than advertised.

I really wish we were allowed to designate up to three friends on our friends list to expand the trade window with. Only allow them to be changed once every thirty days (or whatever the length of a season ends up being) and you can trade items with only those three people regardless of them being in the session with you and with no time out on the trade. Most importantly, items can only ever make one hop on this friends list. eg, I trade to my buddy, he can't trade what I just gave him to another member on his buddy list.

Am I being obtuse? I don't know enough about the hardcore community to fully grasp the level at which things can be exploited but it seems if you have to stick to only 3 people and can't constantly swap out your designated trade partners, it would be hard for the massive clans to exploit, no?

Edit: So the short of it would be, Account Bound would actually expand to "Accounts Bound" and you would designate the three other accounts all your items additionally bind too.

Vossler

Right before the crash last night, got a cindercoat for my Wiz....not the greatest stats, but my wiz is fire based due to +2 mirrorball.....29% reduction in fire skills rocks (meteor/black hole).

Also had a RoRG drop on my DH, not the best of stats, but if I get another Marauder's piece it will definitely help.

Funnily enough I can manage in t5 but I can't kill the rift bosses because my single target damage is terrible. Luckily I can invite Rift it Forward people haha.

Holy andy is on the top of my list but that's hoping for too much. Only had 1 drop in all of RoS. I'm hoping the %damage fix comes in soon. I worked it out and my Gyrfalcon should get a bump to at least 2250 which would be nice

Might reroll my shield a bit, that's a good idea.

Mumei

Seeing that it has int, it's probably best to save it for an eventual wizard.

But with that said, if I assume correctly that you are playing a WD, fire is not actually a bad element for them either. If you have a fetish build, firebats will be your channeling spell of choice and you want attack speed for that build anyway, and you can slot your Fetish Army with a fire rune as well. Fire bomb is also a very nice builder for WDs.

Ah, yes. Should I keep going for higher CD, or would CC be better?

Taz

Where are you finding people to do class-only rifts with? The relevant class community?

Yea just looked on the community tab and search for class names, you'll find things like "wizrift" "monkonly" "barbrift" etc etc then I just joined the ones with the most active people in

Ohnonono

How are the Sanguiane Vambraces (however its spelled the 1000% thorns bracers) bugged? I got a good roll on some and am holding on till I hear they are fixed but have no idea what is wrong in the first place.

http://i.imgur.com/2iESp3f.png[IMG]

The critical damage was life on hit; I figure I'll use it for my DH once she hits 70, or maybe a Wizard if I make one? Not really amazing, I don't think, but since I was actually looking for it I'm happy. It's sitting in my stash, at any rate.[/QUOTE]

My first Magefist also dropped yesterday (Thanks Kadala) it was all I could hope for, perfect for my Fire Monk, if I might try to reroll the CHD higher.

[IMG]http://abload.de/img/loot2u1o0q.jpg

Grampasso

oh ok. i just thought there might be a better chance to get that item from Kadala for example.

do set-items drop at random too? and could i get them from kadala too?

Kadala is your worst shot for Legendaries amulets and for set she can only generate non class specific set items, so no Marauder's, Firebird etc...

XShagrath

Quick question about +damage on weapons.

If it's elemental damage, like +Fire or +Holy, does that mean that the weapon is going to do plus that much damage as Fire or Holy or does that mean your skills of that type are going to do that much extra damage?

Havent played Diablo 2 since I was a kid but just picked up Diablo 3 for PS3 few days ago and I'm hooked to this game.

Not sure if this is thr place to talk about the PS3 version but the console version already shipped with loot 2.0 like features? Is that true?

ferr

While I was at it, I crafted another couple archfiend quivers. First one was junk, second one rolled pretty well. What do you guys think?

BhqEUDo.jpg

I actually hate the idea of giving up the vitality for 1.5% crit chance and having to reroll the sentry damage. The elite damage is nice but at the expense of the toughness? hmm.

Don't underestimate +dmg to elites, that's pure damage against the only types of enemies you need to worry about. Get CA dmg on there if you're in a CA build and that's a hot archfiend. If you fall below 300k hp because of it, you may want to get your hp, re-roll some +life% etc if you can.

garath

If it's elemental damage, like +Fire or +Holy, does that mean that the weapon is going to do plus that much damage as Fire or Holy or does that mean your skills of that type are going to do that much extra damage?

Elem damage doesn't affect the weapon damage type. It only affects skills.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened

Everything is channeled through skills.

It's essentially a useless modifier that they never really made any use for. (just to be clear i am saying the +xxx-xxx (element) damage on weapons)

Hahah, I imagine this isn't the first time nor will it be the last that Blizzard has to explain the concept of RNG and human pattern recognition.

Hey all!

For clarity, items and their stats are determined at the time that they're generated in the game world. In most situations, this is when the item physically drops (like from a monster, a chest, or a destructible). In cases where there isn't a physical drop, items and their stats are determined as soon the game creates them. For example, items from Kadala are generated as soon as they're purchased. Item types, stats, drops rates, etc. are not determined, or pre-determined, upon creation of a character nor is that kind of information stored in some sort of seed on the character itself.

It's important to keep in mind that random != uniform or equal distribution. It's completely natural for random systems to included clusters, and for the human brain to interpret those clusters as patterns (even where there are none).

Thanks for the discussion, though! Theories like this are always interesting, and of course can yield great feedback on and insight into potential related issues. :) I’m going to go ahead and lock this thread up, though, since the theory isn't actually accurate and I'd like to help curb some of the misinformation.

In parting, for your trouble, I'll leave you with this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NbInZ5oJ0bc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom