• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

scy

You are forgetting a large amount of the improvements came to vanilla D3. The base game is significantly better than when you two played it, making your points pretty much mute.

I came back around September-ish for a period of time and then back for the month prior to the expansion.

Edit: And I find this still hard to follow since I spend all my time with rifts and not any "base game" content.

lt519

Ya'll making me sad with your fancy Royal Rings of Grandeur. I have Blackthorne's, Raekor's and Ashera's sets all waiting for mine to drop.

Xamdou

Nice profiles yalls! Just looked at the top 3 monks worlwide, and they are all lightning monks! Just something to strive for in my lightning build.

The Cowboy

Ya'll making me sad with your fancy Royal Rings of Grandeur. I have Blackthorne's, Raekor's and Ashera's sets all waiting for mine to drop.
You'll get it, just do what i did - log in and run 1 bounty run on normal and get the ring :D.
0mI6baX.png

Ramirez

I guess this is a problem some people would love to have, but I've gotten 2x Shards of Hate, 2x Blades of Prophecy, & 2x Maximus over the last couple of weeks. Not a single bow drop for DH, it just rains weapons for my Crusader. :(

Baliis

Best follow up to our anime/people who like Naruto conversation ever. Walked out to get some dinner, on the way back, I pass by the offices for a security company, and out walks the nerdiest looking dude ever in his full uniform and a fucking Naruto head band.

Fucking amazing.

Dec

Discussing the value of the expansion in a thread like this, where most users would have paid even $60 for the expanion, and probably did, seems of low worth.

All I will say is that not everyone had already tapped the base game of it's content. These people got 4 acts and 5 classes for less than $40, and I understand why some might consider RoS light on content, and arguments such as "It revived D3!" mean nothing to them.

Baliis

Discussing the value of the expansion in a thread like this, where most users would have paid even $60 for the expanion, and probably did, seems of low worth.

All I will say is that not everyone had already tapped the base game of it's content. These people got 4 acts and 5 classes for less than $40, and I understand why some might consider RoS light on content, and arguments such as "It revived D3!" mean nothing to them.

I paid way more than $60 for it. I should probably sell my spare CE key at some point.

The Cowboy

I paid way more than $60 for it. I should probably sell my spare CE key at some point.
I don't if i should say how much i paid for RoS, it wold probably be a bit cheeky D,

£1.99 - due to a pricing error.

Suffice to say as I've put around 100 hours in so fair just on my Wizard, its been bargain of the year for me.

Xamdou

Best follow up to our anime/people who like Naruto conversation ever. Walked out to get some dinner, on the way back, I pass by the offices for a security company, and out walks the nerdiest looking dude ever in his full uniform and a fucking Naruto head band.

Fucking amazing.

Lol damn, crazy right there. Naruto fever is a lot stronger than we thought!

Waikis

I have a question about the smart loot system.
It seems that the loots that we are getting is tied to the element damage that our character is currently using. For example, most of the gears that I get as a holy monk have the %holy modifier.
This leads to a problem - over the 250 hours that I've put in, I've yet to see lightning weapons such as Won Kim Lau, TF or Odyn's son.
So my question is, is this problem a by-product of the "smart" loot system or do I just have bad RNG?

Dahbomb

I have a question about the smart loot system.
It seems that the loots that we are getting is tied to the element damage that our character is currently using. For example, most of the gears that I get as a holy monk have the %holy modifier.
This leads to a problem - over the 250 hours that I've put in, I've yet to see lightning weapons such as Won Kim Lau, TF or Odyn's son.
So my question is, is this problem a by-product of the "smart" loot system or do I just have bad RNG?
Monks have a more weighted chance to get Holy than other elements like Poison or Arcane (because they literally can't use those elements). But they still get reasonable amounts of Fire/Lightning items. You should get those items eventually although TF is fairly rare. I have two WKLs and an Odyn Son on me.

The amount of content not being worth $40 is pretty much the main complaint about ros.
Plenty of contents ... I put in more hours in RoS than vanilla Diablo III and Titanfalls so it was well worth the price but then again it's subjective what one thing is worth to you or me. If they continue to patch the game the asking price is more than fair.

RDreamer

It's hard to prioritize re-rolls when you have 4 t1-4 or so characters each with like 3 things sitting waiting for rolls and you have like 600k gold and no mats. Blaaaah. I should stick with one character, but that's boring.

Boogdud

So sick of going multiple T3+ runs with full groups and not getting a single legendary. I just got done with my 5th consecutive in a row with nothing. Got all the way to the rift guardian for my last run of the night, get to 1% health and the server boots me.

I log back in, rift is cleared of mobs but now the map is undiscovered. no loot, no nothing.

Great to know they fixed the servers.

Fix this shit blizzard, the servers have been absolute trash for 2 weeks straight.

The hell is going on with the Auction House? I can't post anything on there! It' Really Makes for Aching Headaches that it's not working!

I'm bored.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom