• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Monk is in a good place. Dashing strike is perfect. Learn how to play because you're doing it wrong.

I would be curious to see the current numbers on which class is being played the most / least and if there's any movement between the two.

It's seems like quite a few people are getting frustrated. All of these options opened up at t4 and lower and then they get narrowed back into a vac monk / EP / utility build we've all been playing since long before RoS was out.

Hell with that.
Gimped as we are I refuse to degrade myself to be nothing more than a CS bitch for wiz's / wd's.

Lol CS doesn't even have the utility it once did as piranado and black hole are both very good skills.

Discobird

It would, at the very least, introduce a third ring to endgame consideration, which currently seems to consist of only ring of royal grandeur and a soj of the appropriate element for pretty much everyone.

There's also Unity for people with two Unities and the immortal follower token, and certain class set rings (e.g. Nat's ring for someone trying to wear Nat's and Marauder's at the same time)

But yeah I would be all in favor of making Hellfire Ring worth consideration

I'm consistently hovering in the 30 - 35M gold mark. And I started the xpac with only 6M.

Whenever I'm re-rolling or combining gems I'll stop when I get near the 20M mark, regardless if I get the roll or gem I wanted. At that point I'll continue playing and selling everything until I'm back in the 30M range.

Similarly, I stop selling and start salvaging whenever my veiled crystals hit the double digits. During that time I don't spend any gold, other than repair costs.

The system works for me. I've never felt too broke or too rich, but I get by comfortably. I also have Flawless Royals in every slot.

+1000. I do the exact same things. I've developed this weird OCD where if I have less than 2k of each crafting mat (veiled crystal and arcane dust) I salvage everything until I reach that 2k total for each. Then, I start selling again.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
+1000. I do the exact same things. I've developed this weird OCD where if I have less than 2k of each crafting mat (veiled crystal and arcane dust) I salvage everything until I reach that 2k total for each. Then, I start selling again.

Lol, i'm the same, except I haven't reached 2k crystals once yet. Getting close now though(1700).

Dahbomb

I wish there was an option which turned all Rares into Veiled Crystals and all Blues into Arcane Dust. Would save me the extra time to go back to town to salvage/vendor them.

After a certain point.. Rares/Blues are nothing more than currency for you. Only Rare items that retains some value even at high level are Amulets because it's usually hard to get good Legendary Amulets and even then it doesn't matter much what you have in that slot... they normally aren't greens and they aren't required pieces like RROG or SoJ.

I haaaaaaaaaaaaaaate the weighted mystic rolls....

Anyways, I put on 3 Mara piece (including the helmet). I went down in toughness since I'm now losing 100 all res and 20% life from Asheara's. Too bad the shoulders always have resource reduction and a skill stat. My ashearas had 4 toughness stats. Oy.

Anyways, I put on 3 Mara piece (including the helmet). I went down in toughness since I'm now losing 100 all res and 20% life from Asheara's. Definitely need better Mara shoulders.

Oh, you want to swap the vitality out? He's 3 more rolls of vitality. Because vitality.

Discobird

Anyways, I put on 3 Mara piece (including the helmet). I went down in toughness since I'm now losing 100 all res and 20% life from Asheara's. Too bad the shoulders always have resource reduction and a skill stat. My ashearas had 4 toughness stats. Oy.

Resource reduction is pretty good though and you can get it on shoulders without sacrificing damage. The Marauder's bonus gives you a ton of survivability anyway with the boar passive and all the pets tanking for you (more than 100 all res and 20% life)

I usually look for dex, vit, area damage and RCR on shoulders for my DH

Hell with that.
Gimped as we are I refuse to degrade myself to be nothing more than a CS bitch for wiz's / wd's.

Yeah, I was just bitter about an experience I had in a solo T4. Earlier I had joined a Wizard who had blown through a T4 rift in about three and a half/four minutes. I know because I got the five minute achievement on my character once the rift I had joined (through RIF) was done. When doing a rift of my own I was frustrated that the even if I could cherry pick my gear that fast of a clear of T4 wasn't likely-I would just run up into the skill limit.

I did keep playing, got a really nice Kekegi. I think I am going to spend a week slumming in T1 Tempest Rushing for a change of pace.

Dahbomb

The Boar gives you like 20% resistance (so if you have 1000 All res then you will get more benefit from Marauder 4 piece than Asheara as it's 100 All res vs 200 All res). And it also gives you like 4K life regen.

Really though the Marauder piece is all about the crowd control. AOE slow, Taunt, lots of creatures to tank and attack for you. 30% damage bonus, 1 second Hatred regen plus free refills are also super nice actives.

I would be curious to see the current numbers on which class is being played the most / least and if there's any movement between the two.

It's seems like quite a few people are getting frustrated. All of these options opened up at t4 and lower and then they get narrowed back into a vac monk / EP / utility build we've all been playing since long before RoS was out.

Lol CS doesn't even have the utility it once did as piranado and black hole are both very good skills.

There are probably alot still playing Monk. But when they get further they'll drop it since you'll get forced into utility/palm with az fist spec.

Mainly has to do with how god awful the sets are for Monk. Inna's is really the only usable one and even then it's not that great/still bugged.

They really need to look at the final set bonus for both sunwuko and raiment, because literally almost noone is using them except for maybe shits and giggles

It really all comes down to discipline. I'm the same way with money IRL, for better or worse...

The Boar gives you like 20% resistance (so if you have 1000 All res then you will get more benefit from Marauder 4 piece than Asheara as it's 100 All res vs 200 All res). And it also gives you like 4K life regen.

1000 all res? On a demon Hunter?

iSR4iG3.jpg

How?

Discobird

How?

Diamonds in chest and pants and 250 allres from paragon points is 640 right there before gear affixes

Lots of DHs use diamonds instead of emeralds in armor, particularly those trying to do high torment w/o the Unity/follower trick

-edit- you can get another 10% from Perfectionist as well

Diamonds in chest and pants and 250 allres from paragon points is 640 right there before gear affixes

Lots of DHs use diamonds instead of emeralds in armor, particularly those trying to do high torment w/o the Unity/follower trick

-edit- you can get another 10% from Perfectionist as well

I'm using perfectionist now. I wish I didn't have to. I suppose I could play the "don't get hit" game but I would like to tank a few hits. Especially if I'm considering trying T4+

I'm prioritizing all res and armor in paragon first. I'll consider diamonds in the armor.

Dahbomb

How?
For starters replace your armor Emerald gems with Diamonds. You would get far, far more value from Diamonds than Emeralds especially with that low All res. Secondly, you should replace stats that you rolled into vitality into all res if you haven't done so already. You have more than enough life but your All res is pretty bad.

Then if you aren't running Perfectionist you should. It's an insane passive IMO... 10% reduced Discipline cost, 10% increased armor, 10% increased all res and 10% increased life. A must for higher Torments.

I think I have like 1200-1400 all res on my DH.

And god damn that Amulet sticks out like a sore thumb among all those godly items.

Azulsky

There are probably alot still playing Monk. But when they get further they'll drop it since you'll get forced into utility/palm with az fist spec.

Mainly has to do with how god awful the sets are for Monk. Inna's is really the only usable one and even then it's not that great/still bugged.

They really need to look at the final set bonus for both sunwuko and raiment, because literally almost noone is using them except for maybe shits and giggles

The only application i could think of for Raiment final bonus is the Epiphany feature that teleports you to all nearby enemies when you use a spender.

Discobird

I'm using perfectionist now. I wish I didn't have to. I suppose I could play the "don't get hit" game but I would like to tank a few hits. Especially if I'm considering trying T4+

I'm prioritizing all res and armor in paragon first. I'll consider diamonds in the armor.

Perfectionist gives a decent offensive benefit (cheaper Punishment), it's an all around great passive

Dahbomb

The hilarious part about Monk max piece bonuses is that even if you doubled it or tripled it they would still be ass.

A rework is definitely required.

Discobird

The hilarious part about Monk max piece bonuses is that even if you doubled it or tripled it they would still be ass.

"Dashing Strike now costs [nominal amount of spirit] instead of charges"

This would make me play my monk again

Even the innas set bonus is kind of meh. Nobody uses MoH for the lps. They use it for the resistance rune. MoE for backlash or defensive bonus runes. MoR for the IAS rune. Getting the base mantra is really not that great.

Dashing around like an idiot being as ineffective as ever!! :p

I'm not quitting monk, but I'm seriously cutting it's playtime. I may run him for bounties ...

Huh, I found a Fulminator, but with the wrong main stat for the class. That's like the first time I've ever had that happen on 2.0.

It... happened again. I find a belt on a T2 rift, and it's rolled for DH, same as before.

I know that the system is only meant to strongly bias loot towards being for your class and it's still possible to get it for others, but it's weird to have it happen twice in a day after not having it happen for weeks.

It... happened again. I find a belt on a T2 rift, and it's rolled for DH, same as before.

I know that the system is only meant to strongly bias loot towards being for your class and it's still possible to get it for others, but it's weird to have it happen twice in a day after not having it happen for weeks.

I got the same exact belt within less than 3 min before lol and it was a POS.

Dahbomb

They already have a Legendary that modifies Dashing Strike (something like the charges are reset if you hit someone at long range). I think they should change that Legendary to "Dashing Strike now costs 10 Spirit" or something.

6 set bonuses need to be godlike.

Like for the Sunwoko set I would have it be "Resource Cost and Cooldown of skills reduced by 35% when using a Daibo. Gain 5 Spirit per second while using a Daibo".

Or for the Thunder set I would have it be "All of your attacks are charged by Lightning. Lightning skills cost 40% less. Stunned enemies take 30% more damage" on top of raising the 15% damage of the 4 piece to 30%.

How?

boots legs belt bracers should be 400 right there (can understand you wont be lucky to roll all resist on cindercoat)
250 from paragon

150 from 2 gems in your legs (can add some in your chestpiece if needed)

idk how can you do even t2 with such low resist

you can get decent resists on non int heroes, my barb has 978-1167 selbuffed all resist without ashaera

And god damn that Amulet sticks out like a sore thumb among all those godly items.

It's the best amulet to have dropped on my DH. I even spent 1500 shards trying for a better. It might be the only thing I have left to spend shards on really.

How much life should I shoot for? I thought 450k was a good amount to be at. Didn't think it was a good idea to drop below that.

boots legs belt bracers should be 400 right there (can understand you wont be lucky to roll all resist on cindercoat)
250 from paragon

150 from 2 gems in your legs (can add some in your chestpiece if needed)

My Mara pants only have 1 socket. It was better to reroll the useless skill stat than get an extra socket. Some day I'm sure I'll get a better pair.

Dahbomb

300-400K life is what everyone has for the most part. More life doesn't really matter (I guess you could say ranged heroes need it more) especially when it comes from trading with All Res. All Res is almost always better.

Discobird

idk how can you do even t2 with such low resist

He still has 7 million toughness, that's enough to do T4 with his damage output even if his resistances are low

DH healing is mostly from percentage-health sources (potions, globes, Smokescreen:Healing Vapors, Brooding). Relatively little of it is from life regen or other flat healing sources. The main problem with low mitigation / high life on DHs is not so much that your healing is inefficient, exactly, but that Reflect Damage + Extra Health elites becomes a huge pain in the ass

What difficulty level are you farming and what are your clear times?

Obviously you can play however you like, but full fire "optimal" clear times are around the following:
T1/T2 - sub 10 mins for all map types (even down to level 6)
T3/T4/T5 - 10-15min clears till rift boss
T6 - 20-25min clears till rift boss (cheesing with Unity and with an exception to Corrupted Angel/Anarch maps).

I've found that T3-T5 take roughly the same amount of time to clear. T5 can be slightly longer due to walking distance, however I've found sub 15 minutes to be fairly common.

T1/T2 - 8-9 Minutes is around where we're at.
I just wish Ele Damage was clearly displayed somewhere.

After changing around my gear, I'm now at 87% fire with around 40% Elite damage bonus. Going to try for a Mirrorball and the Witching Hour.

My Thunderfury rolled str for my Wiz. It was such a troll. I was so happy to see the weapon on the ground and then I had to waste an enchant on int roll. Ah well. I still use it and like. Just would have been nice to be able to reroll something other than a main stat.

Svafnir

I am going to start keeping a list of upcoming changes to Diablo 3 on this page. It can be a bit annoying to read every Blizzard post and see what's going on, figure it would be useful to have them compiled in one place.

Anyway, I haven't been playing much the past few days. Hearthstone has been taking up my time, but I cannot wait for Seasons and Tiered Rifts.

I just can't decide if I should start making my Crusader now or wait for seasons? I know I want to make a Crusader for whatever seasons ends up being.

Waikis

Eh.. life as a holy monk isn't so bad. I'm currently sitting at 88% holy damage (hoping to increase this to 100% with magefist) and elites just melt with fulminating onslaught.

jblank83

I am going to start keeping a list of upcoming changes to Diablo 3 on this page. It can be a bit annoying to read every Blizzard post and see what's going on, figure it would be useful to have them compiled in one place.

Anyway, I haven't been playing much the past few days. Hearthstone has been taking up my time, but I cannot wait for Seasons and Tiered Rifts.

I just can't decide if I should start making my Crusader now or wait for seasons? I know I want to make a Crusader for whatever seasons ends up being.

Good job. Thanks!

joesmokey

one more thing. as a fire/CA DH, do i keep the fire or reroll to crit damage? i only have 297%

5SNwTqL.png
If you're already sitting at 80%+ (helm/bracers/chest/gloves/SoJ), re-roll to CD. I have a nearly perfectly rolled tri-fecta ammy and I haven't found an amulet with +ele% that gives me more edps than it.

Discobird

one more thing. as a fire/CA DH, do i keep the fire or reroll to crit damage? i only have 297%

5SNwTqL.png

crit damage

* 100% CD is huge and amulets are the only place to get that much outside of emeralds on your weapons, but there are plenty of other pieces than can roll 20% fire damage

* your current CD is pretty low

* you want your crits to one-shot trash with Ambush--this is important for clearing rifts efficiently. 100% crit damage will boost your crits more than 20% fire

* you can keep the amulet if you ever decide to switch elements, at least until you find a neck with dex/CC/CD/element

bcl0328

If you're already sitting at 80%+ (helm/bracers/chest/gloves/SoJ), re-roll to CD. I have a nearly perfectly rolled tri-fecta ammy and I haven't found an amulet with +ele% that gives me more edps than it.

crit damage

* 100% CD is huge and amulets are the only place to get that much outside of emeralds on your weapons, but there are plenty of other pieces than can roll 20% fire damage

* your current CD is pretty low

* you want your crits to one-shot trash with Ambush--this is important for clearing rifts efficiently. 100% crit damage will boost your crits more than 20% fire

* you can keep the amulet if you ever decide to switch elements, at least until you find a neck with dex/CC/CD/element

thanks for the help!

Chucker

BNet down for anybody else?

Been running split normal bounties for the past 2 days for Royal Ring, maybe this is a sign.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom