• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad I decided to play this at lunch and not pop out for something

Clipboard01.jpg

garath

Don't underestimate +dmg to elites, that's pure damage against the only types of enemies you need to worry about. Get CA dmg on there if you're in a CA build and that's a hot archfiend. If you fall below 300k hp because of it, you may want to get your hp, re-roll some +life% etc if you can.

I'll stay above 300k with it. It's always a slippery slope to me trading upwards of 15% toughness for 1-2% damage.

Effective damage will be greater with the archfiend because of the +damage to elites and the fact that attack speed is less weighted in a CA build but that's still ~70k hp w/ perfectionist that I'm throwing away.

If I can manage to reroll it to CA damage I'll use it. But that's a longshot. So many possible affixes. I like the 14% companion damage with the Garwulf cloak.

In fact, I think I'll hold on to it and if I ever get my stinkin' cindercoat, I'll aggressively reroll the archfiend into CA damage and use that.

Pretty easy to see how so many DH's end up with crap toughness and huge DPS. The items really lend themselves to maxing out that dps.

Boogdud

I'm torn, I have two Jekangbords (and then some). One has 10% cc and bounces to 5 mobs, the other one has roughly the same stats, but no cc and bounces to 6 mobs...

Not sure which one is better. 10%cc is a lot on a shield and obviously that one shows much higher sheet dps, but we know how that goes.

ferr

Pretty easy to see how so many DH's end up with crap toughness and huge DPS. The items really lend themselves to maxing out that dps.

Yeah, the one item I'm really lacking is a fire dmg amulet, but if I ever get that, it would mean losing 600+ vit.. and I'm already at 330k hp. 15-20% more damage vs some hp. My thinking is that I'll let my pets tank and I'll stand back and take 0 damage.

Why does this game mock me so!? Last night I see a green beam and "source". Hooray! It's my last Tal piece to unlock the 4 set bonus. NOPE. Chantodo.

Begaria

I'm on my fourth Magefist found now from Kadala (haven't found it any other way yet)

Every one.

EVERY. SINGLE. ONE.

Has had Vitality on it rather than crit damage, and I've always had to enchant to get 10% crit chance again.

Come on, Kadala. Give a Fire Barb a break here. At least my latest one has the highest str and fire dmg% on it so far, and it only took one enchant this time to get nail 10% crit chance.

jrcbandit

As a WD, why am I constantly getting 2 handed weapons? I do end up with a few 1 handed legendaries, but I have never had a legendary ceremonial knife drop since RoS went live. I also tend to get a ton of shoulders, I would much prefer a little variety.... Almost never get rings which really limits my chance at getting a SoJ.

I hate the negativity on the official forums. Even going into the Demon Hunter forums you'll find so many elitist Demon Hunters ready to shit on your for using the popular CA build.

That said, I did find some interesting videos from people soloing T6 with zoo\sentry builds. That's definitely something I can try and build towards. The necessary pieces I'm missing are just kinda rare. Still don't have Mara boots\Taskers\Rucksack. That would be fun to sit behind with a Kridershot \ Cull the Weak while pets\sentries wreck everything.

Something to look forward to I guess.

I'm on my fourth Magefist found now from Kadala (haven't found it any other way yet)

Every one.

EVERY. SINGLE. ONE.

Has had Vitality on it rather than crit damage, and I've always had to enchant to get 10% crit chance again.

Mine came with crit dmg and vitality. I rerolled the vitality into crit chance for the "trifecta." I believe it was my 5th pair of magefists. The first 4 were pretty average. Just keep at it...

Dahbomb

I hate the negativity on the official forums. Even going into the Demon Hunter forums you'll find so many elitist Demon Hunters ready to shit on your for using the popular CA build.
That's so fucking stupid but really not surprising coming from the official forums. That place is truly the cesspool of D3.

The CA build is popular because it's the only build that does enough damage for you to tackle higher Torment levels. Every other DH Hatred spender is booty butt cheeks. The only other build that does about as much damage is the Cluster Bomb build (you don't even have to change your gear) and while Cluster Bombs do a ton of damage they are extremely unreliable and miss a lot especially against fast targets.

So when you break it down... DHs only have 2 high Torment viable builds. CA build and Pets build. The Pets build requires some very rare pieces to make it work where as the CA build really only needs three (Cindercoat attainable from Gambler, Pride's Fall from Act 3 Bounty, Reaper's Wraps can be crafted) and they are attainable at a reasonable rate.

I can try to make another build though I would probably need Kridershot for that build.

Every one.

EVERY. SINGLE. ONE.

Come on, Kadala. Give a Fire Barb a break here. At least my latest one has the highest str and fire dmg% on it so far, and it only took one enchant this time to get nail 10% crit chance.

My first Magefist drop, thank you base Kadala

loot2u1o0q.jpg

Boogdud

So are there any crusaders that aren't using a blessed shield build? Other than those that don't have a jekangbord yet? Seems the class is pretty pigeon holed right now, not because BS build is the best of many builds, but because it's pretty much the only viable option.

Not liking that we haven't heard anything about rebuilding the class after that last patch. The class has about 4 worthwhile skills (shield, fissure, bombardment, champion) all of which are on different elements, the passives are 95% trash. Have we heard any blues talk about the class after buffing fissure/justice in the last patch?

JoeMartin

I really want to get a magefist/cindercoat vampire bats build going but Quetzalcoatl has been way too good to me. I had blown the item off at first but my god it's absolutely nuts. I can fire and forget my way through Torment II npnpnp.

I have a really good Harrington Waistguard, and the tooltip is a little off the mark as you get the buff off ANY click-for-itams anything - flipping corpses, knocking over a log, whatever, certainly not just chests - and it makes the belt fucking nuts. I want to get a Hwoj for higher torment levels, though, as that would effectively make me untouchable.

Swamp Land Waders have been completely elusive for as well.

ALSO ALSO ALSO: Does anyone know if the 6 piece Jade Harvester set bonus works with Quetzalcoatl & Creeping death? Because you could literally blap stuff instantaneously for hundreds of millions of damage if true, and that would be fucking hilarious.

Discobird

ALSO ALSO ALSO: Does anyone know if the 6 piece Jade Harvester set bonus works with Quetzalcoatl & Creeping death? Because you could literally blap stuff instantaneously for hundreds of millions of damage if true, and that would be fucking hilarious.

Yes it does, if you look around there are vids of people getting 1B+ crits in T6

Someone who knows more about WDs can correct me if I'm wrong, but the Jade Harvester build and Festish Army build w/ Starmetal Kukri or Zuni set are the two most widely acknowledged T6 capable builds for WDs

scy

So are there any crusaders that aren't using a blessed shield build? Other than those that don't have a jekangbord yet? Seems the class is pretty pigeon holed right now, not because BS build is the best of many builds, but because it's pretty much the only viable option.

I mean, it's not any different from other classes going from various builds in early torments to another in mid-to-high ones. Crusaders right now are facing three primary builds at T5+ and two of them are reliant on their 6pc. Blessed Shield is just easier to gear than that and it scales well throughout the Torments.

Discobird

That's so fucking stupid but really not surprising coming from the official forums. That place is truly the cesspool of D3.

The CA build is popular because it's the only build that does enough damage for you to tackle higher Torment levels. Every other DH Hatred spender is booty butt cheeks. The only other build that does about as much damage is the Cluster Bomb build (you don't even have to change your gear) and while Cluster Bombs do a ton of damage they are extremely unreliable and miss a lot especially against fast targets.

So when you break it down... DHs only have 2 high Torment viable builds. CA build and Pets build. The Pets build requires some very rare pieces to make it work where as the CA build really only needs three (Cindercoat attainable from Gambler, Pride's Fall from Act 3 Bounty, Reaper's Wraps can be crafted) and they are attainable at a reasonable rate.

I can try to make another build though I would probably need Kridershot for that build.

There's a recent thread about a Buriza + Hungering Arrow:Devouring Arrow + Fan of Knive:Knives Expert build that looks high torment viable: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/12675227847?page=2

T5 video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUjDrfa71OA

The key is that FoK doesn't interrupt your attack animation so you can spam it and your left click at the same time. I have all the necessary gear so I might give this one a go.

RDreamer

Damn near BiS for a Lightning Monk.

Definitely. Wish I had one for my monk. My DH has a perfect fire one. I set rain of vengeance to stub and it perfectly coincides with vaxo's cool down. So every 30 seconds I get shadow clones for 15. They do a good amount of damage too.

I tested the amulet out on my monk with sledgefist and it rocked. Almost converted it to lightning for him.

I just played this game on the console for the first time and wow, it felt amazing using a controller. I just downloaded the PS3 demo and played until the end. They let you level to 9 and go all the way to the Skeleton King!

Cannot wait for this on PS4.

Jinaar

Not liking that we haven't heard anything about rebuilding the class after that last patch. The class has about 4 worthwhile skills (shield, fissure, bombardment, champion) all of which are on different elements, the passives are 95% trash. Have we heard any blues talk about the class after buffing fissure/justice in the last patch?

I was a Blade of Prophecy / Condemned build up till 6PM MDT yesterday night. It had pretty amazing burst dmg but boy did it have some issues with down time.

Then Kadala gave me a serious Jekangbord rash. And it spread all over me. New Blessed Shield build is so much fun.

I was earlier that night paired with some peeps playing Crusader/Maximus builds. People are all over the map I believe with builds for Crusaders.

eek5

Damn near BiS for a Lightning Monk.

Yeah the proc is pretty good. The damage they do is under 1 mil crits iirc but they can cyclone and EP which is pretty nice. (although someitmes they cyclone away from you which is annoying).
I mean, it's not any different from other classes going from various builds in early torments to another in mid-to-high ones. Crusaders right now are facing three primary builds at T5+ and two of them are reliant on their 6pc. Blessed Shield is just easier to gear than that and it scales well throughout the Torments.

Yeah monk is the same way. You have builds like epiph fire, cdr fire, cdr/epiph/TR, TR, lightning, physical then in higher torments you have being a cyclone bitch.
lol

How to ruin an amulet: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/ProBitT-1136/hero/2951903

There's a recent thread about a Buriza + Hungering Arrow:Devouring Arrow + Fan of Knive:Knives Expert build that looks high torment viable: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/12675227847?page=2

The key is that FoK doesn't interrupt your attack animation so you can spam it and your left click at the same time. I have all the necessary gear so I might give this one a go.

I saw that video as well. Makes me want to put together a physical set. I have a semi-decent Buriza but I do not have that quiver.

I just played this game on the console for the first time and wow, it felt amazing using a controller. I just downloaded the PS3 demo and played until the end. They let you level to 9 and go all the way to the Skeleton King!

Cannot wait for this on PS4.

You can take your PS3 characters over, so it might be worth putting some time in.
Mine is sitting, waiting with Cincercoat and other legendaries waiting to be exploited.

Hopefully the gems costs aren't as high.

ZenaxPure

Yeah the proc is pretty good. The damage they do is under 1 mil crits iirc but they can cyclone and EP which is pretty nice. (although someitmes they cyclone away from you which is annoying).

Sounds like they suck as much as Monks then :p

Really though I imagine it's more, cause, on average as a barb my clones are critting for around 4 to 5 mil when they HoTA but I've seen them crit for up to 10 mil. They also have some great CC, ground stomp with the rune that pulls everything in to them.

Shifty76

Timed a couple of different solo rift runs on my two monk builds last night.

T1 run using Epiphany/TR build where Epiphany is only on a ~3 sec cooldown averaged around 5 mins. Some longer, some shorter, but enemy density really was the major factor as everything disintegrates the second I see it. Elites die in one cast of SSS which is always available. Don't have the dps to instagib things on T2 so figured T1 would be better.

T3 run using my standard LTK/Epiphany lightning build averaged around 8 mins. I was a little surprised at how quick it was actually, but MoC Annihilation and Dashing Strike with the MS rune REALLY cuts down the travel time between packs which turns into a huge time saver.

4 worthwhile skills is a bit of an exaggeration. In addition to the ones you mentioned, Judgment-Resolved & Provoke-Charged Up are pretty awesome. In a party, Laws of Valor - Answered Prayer is pretty nice as well (permanent 3 charge Nephalem Glory for the entire party).

The passives do feel a bit of a mess.

Unless you're using one of the skill changing one-handers, everyone pretty much has to use Heavenly Strength which means you only have 3 slots to customize.

8 of the Crusader's 18 passives are purely involved with defense. 3 of their passives are partially involved with defense but with an offensive aspect (Thorns, Holy Damage, Strength). 3 boost specific skills (Laws, Hammers, Commander). That leaves Heavenly Strength, the Resource pool booster, the Attack Speed boost (which is mostly at odds with the class since it's so focused on cooldowns), and the worthless Nephalem Glory duration boost.

I don't even think that the Crusader is particular weak. They're quite possibly the tankiest class in the game, they have good burst damage, and they have some nice team support skills. It's just that they're kind of boring to play - most of the passives do basically the same thing (make you tankier) in slightly different ways, and once you've performed your burst combo, you're stuck doing not much of anything while you're waiting for your cooldowns & resource generation. Or you play the blessed shield build and coast on one overpowered skill combination.

So I gave my crusader my full lightning set now my barb is fire
including near perfect andariel, great roll reaper's wraps, ice climbers, near perfect SOJ, good roll thundergod's vigor, good roll quadrifecta lightning necklace etc so he's pretty stacked

also still have that unfortunate no str blade of prophecy from a few days ago

is there a lightning build that works with the sword? what shield should I aim for?

Mumei

Yes it does, if you look around there are vids of people getting 1B+ crits in T6

Someone who knows more about WDs can correct me if I'm wrong, but the Jade Harvester build and Festish Army build w/ Starmetal Kukri or Zuni set are the two most widely acknowledged T6 capable builds for WDs

It does, but it "only" counts 40 seconds worth of damage and not the whole 5 minutes. Clearly, that's plenty.

JoeMartin

It does, but it "only" counts 40 seconds worth of damage and not the whole 5 minutes. Clearly, that's plenty.

So considering that it doesn't factor the whole duration, then Quetzalcoatl is in effect doubling the damage of the harvester bonus too.

So with a RORG you can get the set bonus + Quetz bonus, and since the JH has no belt, you can get the Harrington bonus as well. I've seen non-quetz, non-harrington crits up to about 1.9b, so running both bonuses together should net you something near 8b crits?

That seems perfectly okay to me.

Totakeke

Hmm, Provoke: Charged Up, does actually proc skills, but the proc coefficient is very small. Most of the other skills I've tested it with doesn't seem to increase proc significantly, but it sure proc'ed Rally a ton with fire walkers, almost build enabling.

Gimme a BoP already Blizz.

Nome

Hahah, I imagine this isn't the first time nor will it be the last that Blizzard has to explain the concept of RNG and human pattern recognition.
It was answered in a very specific manner that addresses the thread it was posted in (loot is specific to your character when you create it; different characters have different chances to get different loot), but it doesn't address that other theory.

Dahbomb

This is basically a Pet Build though using Fan of Knives instead of Cluster Arrow - Shooting Stars.

I don't see how this would be better than Cluster Arrow - Shooting Stars though. And it looks twice as dangerous too as you need to be within range for FoK to do anything.

I can actually do this build. I have almost all the items (just need one Marauder piece). I have a Buriza, a Satchel, a good Sash of Knives, a Tasker and Theo plus some physical damage items.

Boogdud

Are people still getting dc'd from games? Looks like on the official forums lots of people are still complaining about the issue. Is it just me or does blizzard seem completely clueless about these stability issues lately?

bjaelke

I've experienced a couple of dc's tonight. Decided to call it a day. Better watch some CL and then give it another try tomorrow.

cdyhybrid

Are people still getting dc'd from games? Looks like on the official forums lots of people are still complaining about the issue. Is it just me or does blizzard seem completely clueless about these stability issues lately?

Yep. Thanks Blizzard. Good thing I'm just farming crafting shit and not trying to do bounties or rifts.

Discobird

This is basically a Pet Build though using Fan of Knives instead of Cluster Arrow - Shooting Stars.

I don't see how this would be better than Cluster Arrow - Shooting Stars though. And it looks twice as dangerous too as you need to be within range for FoK to do anything.

I can actually do this build. I have almost all the items (just need one Marauder piece). I have a Buriza, a Satchel, a good Sash of Knives, a Tasker and Theo plus some physical damage items.

Eh I guess you could say that it but plays completely differently from the Shooting Stars build. Not just because you go from a long range small AOE spender to a short range big PBAOE spender, but also because you're firing your generator at the same time as your spender. You end up with pretty much unlimited discipline because of the synergy between Buriza + Hungering Arrow + Ninth Cirri + Nightstalker, which means never running out of hatred or smokescreens. Safety turns out not to be an issue for this reason.

I tried the build with Hexing Pants and it took me some time to figure out how to spam everything at once while stutter stepping. I'm still not sure I'm doing it very efficiently. I ended up binding force move to spacebar and holding that down while spamming LMB and RMB.

The clear speed was about equivalent to the Shooting Stars build for me, maybe a little bit slower (12-15 minutes on T5), so I'll stick with Shooting Stars since it doesn't strain my hand as much.

-edit- another hilarious thing is that if you bind FoK to left click you can hold it down and empty your entire hatred bar in like half a second. Doing this cuts the cast animation down to a fraction of its normal duration for some reason.

Timed a couple of different solo rift runs on my two monk builds last night.

T1 run using Epiphany/TR build where Epiphany is only on a ~3 sec cooldown averaged around 5 mins. Some longer, some shorter, but enemy density really was the major factor as everything disintegrates the second I see it. Elites die in one cast of SSS which is always available. Don't have the dps to instagib things on T2 so figured T1 would be better.

Warzechian Armguards keeps me going so fast w/ this kind of setup. They can be a pain to get though.

T3 run using my standard LTK/Epiphany lightning build averaged around 8 mins. I was a little surprised at how quick it was actually, but MoC Annihilation and Dashing Strike with the MS rune REALLY cuts down the travel time between packs which turns into a huge time saver

This is my sweet spot as well w/ my lightning gear (insanely strong WKL/TF, but no SOH).

I agree overall that pack density is the biggest dependent variable on how long it takes to clear a rift. Things also go a lot faster when I get a rift with lots of clickables for Harrington Waistgod, but it's important to note those maps also often have high density in them.

I'm pretty disappointed in the silence regarding the next patch. There are a lot of features to look forward to.

(I really just want my bow to hit harder...)

Mumei

So considering that it doesn't factor the whole duration, then Quetzalcoatl is in effect doubling the damage of the harvester bonus too.

So with a RORG you can get the set bonus + Quetz bonus, and since the JH has no belt, you can get the Harrington bonus as well. I've seen non-quetz, non-harrington crits up to about 1.9b, so running both bonuses together should net you something near 8b crits?

That seems perfectly okay to me.

Quetz does double the damage, yes.

And really? I've only seen those numbers on videos with WD's who have manage to stack a high amount of damage bonuses to elites, critical damage, cold damage, and Haunt and Quetz, and a Witching Hour. And those numbers only then occurred when the initial Haunt + Locust Swarms were crits. I'm not sure how much overhead there is to get numbers as crazy as you're talking about.

JoeMartin

Quetz does double the damage, yes.

And really? I've only seen those numbers on videos with WD's who have manage to stack a high amount of damage bonuses to elites, critical damage, cold damage, and Haunt and Quetz, and a Witching Hour. And those numbers only then occurred when the initial Haunt + Locust Swarms were crits. I'm not sure how much overhead there is to get numbers as crazy as you're talking about.

I'm probably misremembering an order of magnitude, just having gone off a sampling of random youtube videos.

Even so - JH 6p + Quetz + Harrington would undoubtedly lead to some hilarious numbers.

Dahbomb

Eh I guess you could say that it but plays completely differently from the Shooting Stars build. Not just because you go from a long range small AOE spender to a short range big PBAOE spender, but also because you're firing your generator at the same time as your spender. You end up with pretty much unlimited discipline because of the synergy between Buriza + Hungering Arrow + Ninth Cirri + Nightstalker, which means never running out of hatred or smokescreens. Safety turns out not to be an issue for this reason.

I tried the build with Hexing Pants and it took me some time to figure out how to spam everything at once while stutter stepping. I'm still not sure I'm doing it very efficiently. I ended up binding force move to spacebar and holding that down while spamming LMB and RMB.

The clear speed was about equivalent to the Shooting Stars build for me, maybe a little bit slower (12-15 minutes on T5), so I'll stick with Shooting Stars since it doesn't strain my hand as much.

-edit- another hilarious thing is that if you bind FoK to left click you can hold it down and empty your entire hatred bar in like half a second. Doing this cuts the cast animation down to a fraction of its normal duration for some reason.
If you want a lot of Discipline you can just use Blood Vengeance plus Nightstalker with the Shooting Star build too. It's not as much Discipline but it's enough to get you by especially if you play at long range.

I see this as a good build but not necessarily better than the standard pet build. It also requires gear swapping because against certain elites you will struggle. In the video he had to swap to an Arcane Amulet just to deal with an Arcane elite for example. If you had the Cluster Arrow build you would just attack from outside the Arcane Sentry distance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom