• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Onionkid

yuptimT.jpg

Before I roll it off, just wanted to check that everyone thinks rolling the Cooldown off of this is the best bet. It's gonna drop my char under 40% slightly, but the Vit is so nice to have on it for my current toughness.

garath

Before I roll it off, just wanted to check that everyone thinks rolling the Cooldown off of this is the best bet. It's gonna drop my char under 40% slightly, but the Vit is so nice to have on it for my current toughness.

I'd probably roll off the vit. cooldown so important for condemn.

desverger

Reroll the vitality, cooldown reduction is important. Slot vitality gems to your chest if you need more of it, or get it elsewhere. Weapons don't really need it IMO.

Onionkid

I'd probably roll off the vit. cooldown so important for condemn.

Reroll the vitality, cooldown reduction is important. Slot vitality gems to your chest if you need more of it, or get it elsewhere. Weapons don't really need it IMO.

Thanks, guys. I agree on CDR being important, yea. The real answer here is that it doesn't matter, I just tried to reroll the vit off 15 times and didn't get a socket so back to farming for more souls, ha.

Shifty76

Thanks, guys. I agree on CDR being important, yea. The real answer here is that it doesn't matter, I just tried to reroll the vit off 15 times and didn't get a socket so back to farming for more souls, ha.

Er...you already have a socket so of course you wouldn't get a socket. Str would likely be the roll you were looking for...

So I gave my crusader my full lightning set now my barb is fire
including near perfect andariel, great roll reaper's wraps, ice climbers, near perfect SOJ, good roll thundergod's vigor, good roll quadrifecta lightning necklace etc so he's pretty stacked

also still have that unfortunate no str blade of prophecy from a few days ago

is there a lightning build that works with the sword? what shield should I aim for?

anyone?

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Congrats! Such a good feeling to get a useful set item.

I've been absolutely gagging for a set piece for ages, I still can't believe I finally got one. I've been farming T3 in a group for ages but I've just had no luck at all. Now I need a second piece for 500 strength :D

Standard DH CA build uses Loaded for Bear or Shooting Stars?

Loaded for Bear, since gear definitely favors fire.

You can do a physical build, but it would probably suffer a bit from burning through hatred faster and not having as much elemental dmg available. Goes well with the pets build though, since you're increasing physical dmg to make them hit harder.

EDIT: beaten xD

Discobird

If you want a lot of Discipline you can just use Blood Vengeance plus Nightstalker with the Shooting Star build too. It's not as much Discipline but it's enough to get you by especially if you play at long range.

I see this as a good build but not necessarily better than the standard pet build. It also requires gear swapping because against certain elites you will struggle. In the video he had to swap to an Arcane Amulet just to deal with an Arcane elite for example. If you had the Cluster Arrow build you would just attack from outside the Arcane Sentry distance.

I also prefer Shooting Stars because I can use Hexing Pants without breaking my hands. That said, I don't think the FoK build struggles against arcane elites. Yeah the guy gear swaps, but it's not necessary IMO, he probably just did it to facetank that much more. I don't have the arcane immunity amulet and I didn't have an issue with arcane elites in T5 when I tried the build since I always had discipline to smokescreen.

Procarbine

Forever Platinum
I've been absolutely gagging for a set piece for ages, I still can't believe I finally got one. I've been farming T3 in a group for ages but I've just had no luck at all. Now I need a second piece for 500 strength :D

I have found 6 Crusader set pieces so far. One chest and five helms. Five.

ElyrionX

Loaded for Bear for the Fire version (that uses Cindercoat + Magefist).

Shooting Stars for the Pet build with Marauder set.

Loaded for Bear, since gear definitely favors fire.

You can do a physical build, but it would probably suffer a bit from burning through hatred faster and not having as much elemental dmg available. Goes well with the pets build though, since you're increasing physical dmg to make them hit harder.

EDIT: beaten xD

I wonder whether any of these skills would have their element changed in the future. Blizz did mention something about this so I'm hesitant to gear for specific elements.

J-Rzez

Why does this game mock me so!? Last night I see a green beam and "source". Hooray! It's my last Tal piece to unlock the 4 set bonus. NOPE. Chantodo.

Yeah, I dealt with something similar with the assloads of Danetta's xbows I get that I don't want. I want a Slayer. Same thing for oranges, end up being one of numerous Balefire's and junk like that. Frustrating, really.

Anyone have any suggestions for my character? I feel like I am at a point where besides a few pieces (chest/pants/boots) I need a few very specific items (Thunderfury, Shard of Hate, that lightning fist weapon or Odyn's Son) in order to upgrade anything. Not sure if there are specific chests/pants/boots (or other items) I should be looking for? I am trying to reroll the damage on my amulet for crit hit change but the Mystic hates me and I am all out of emeralds :(. I'm currently farming Torment 3 with some friends, usually have a full game (or close to it). Cyclone Strike works really well with the group.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/KillerDark-1570/hero/1730545

Dahbomb

I wonder whether any of these skills would have their element changed in the future. Blizz did mention something about this so I'm hesitant to gear for specific elements.
It doesn't really matter what they change it to... people will still use Cluster Arrow + whatever skill they make Fire.

Cluster Arrow is 550% weapon damage plus 4x 220% damage for 40 Hatred unruned. The unruned Cluster Arrow beats runed versions of other skills even when you factor in the Hatred cost. The fact that you can dramatically lower cost of fire skills with Cindercoat and Pride's Fall makes it so that you want something that hits hard and fast to increase your DPS... in which case Cluster Arrow is the best choice.

Blizzard doesn't seem to realize that people pick Fire not because it's the best skill to use but it's because of items like Magefist and Cindercoat. If there was a Physical damage variant of these items people would flock to those items and make extremely strong Physical damage build with DHs.

neoism

OK WHAT THE FUCCK Ever since the maintenance I get randomly disconnected all the way logged out wtf is this has anyone had that problem its never happened before Tuesday... it just happened right at the end of a rift 99% -_-

Can we switch from one Act to another or do we have to complete the game for that? I am in Act 2, I did finish few of the quests, I joined an online game of someone who hasn't completed his quests and for some reason when I came back to mine, my old quests are active again.

Any clue what's going on?

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
So over the last couple days I've lost 2 level 40+ wizards due to blizzard's server bullshit.

Discobird

No one knows for sure, but you have to gear towards some element, so you may as well pick fire because physical is much harder to obtain (unless you already have Marauder pieces sitting in your stash) and the other elements aren't as strong overall right now

CA build still works even with all rare gear and a 2H xbow. The core pieces can be gambled (Cindercoat, Magefist) or bounty-run (Pride's Fall, which always rolls well).

It doesn't really matter what they change it to... people will still use Cluster Arrow + whatever skill they make Fire.

Cluster Arrow is 550% weapon damage plus 4x 220% damage for 40 Hatred unruned. The unruned Cluster Arrow beats runed versions of other skills even when you factor in the Hatred cost. The fact that you can dramatically lower cost of fire skills with Cindercoat and Pride's Fall makes it so that you want something that hits hard and fast to increase your DPS... in which case Cluster Arrow is the best choice.

Blizzard doesn't seem to realize that people pick Fire not because it's the best skill to use but it's because of items like Magefist and Cindercoat. If there was a Physical damage variant of these items people would flock to those items and make extremely strong Physical damage build with DHs.

Yea, I really hope they come up with equivalent (not necessarily the same, but same idea) items to cindercoat and magefist for the other elements. Would make other elemental specs much easier to pick up.

cdyhybrid

OK WHAT THE FUCCK Ever since the maintenance I get randomly disconnected all the way logged out wtf is this has anyone had that problem its never happened before Tuesday... it just happened right at the end of a rift 99% -_-

Been happening all day.

kmfdmpig

Anyone have any suggestions for my character? I feel like I am at a point where besides a few pieces (chest/pants/boots) I need a few very specific items (Thunderfury, Shard of Hate, that lightning fist weapon or Odyn's Son) in order to upgrade anything. Not sure if there are specific chests/pants/boots (or other items) I should be looking for? I am trying to reroll the damage on my amulet for crit hit change but the Mystic hates me and I am all out of emeralds :(. I'm currently farming Torment 3 with some friends, usually have a full game (or close to it). Cyclone Strike works really well with the group.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/KillerDark-1570/hero/1730545

Upgrading the gems looks like an easy way to make a fairly significant improvement.

Lain

Just managed to find a Shard of Hate but I'm not sure if I should swap my Azurewrath with it because of the %cold dmg on Azurewrath. Also, would it be OK to remove the vit for a socket on it?

Scrooged

Totally wronger about Nintendo's business decisions.
THANK GOODNESS! I was worried they were going to ignore the afk farmers while these crippling 99% rift disconnections continued....

Because Blizzard can only work on one thing at a time right.

cdyhybrid

Just got a deadmau5 amulet. At least the Soul it turned into will help me craft yet another Devastator with Vitality and no socket.

Vhalyar

I finally got my first 70 - a wizard. Any suggestions as to what item category(ies) I should spend my almost-full stack of blood shards on?

Boogdud

Because Blizzard can only work on one thing at a time right.

They sure as shit aren't working on the servers. As far as I'm concerned, random disconnects, wasted shards and keys and a completely unplayable game is an 'all hands on deck' problem.

5th straight time getting to the 5th bounty quest, dc right before quest ends, kicked completely out of battle.net.

Everyone I know is having the exact same problem, zero people logged in now. Time to just go do something else until they get their shit together. This is absurd.

The Cowboy

They sure as shit aren't working on the servers. As far as I'm concerned, random disconnects, wasted shards and keys and a completely unplayable game is an 'all hands on deck' problem.

5th straight time getting to the 5th bounty quest, dc right before quest ends, kicked completely out of battle.net.

Everyone I know is having the exact same problem, zero people logged in now. Time to just go do something else until they get their shit together. This is absurd.
To add to this. I'm still shocked the UI loading/notification popup freezing is still in the game, that for me should be top priority just like the server issues (perhaps they are related).

Its dam annoying running around then accidently however over a UI area (say community or something), and then getting a freeze from it during a big fight.

nah man, it's like slowdown in an old-school arcade game; when the game stops completely, you know some serious shit is about to go down, like your inventory opening or somebody in your clan logging on

there's also a real bit of suspense when you see an item fall off a chest or mob but not appear on the ground. in 5 seconds, we'll learn whether it's a spear or a death's breath. real nail biter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom