• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

th3dude

You guys realize that some development teams work things like connection issues while others work on the core game, right?

Boogdud

You guys realize that some development teams work things like connection issues while others work on the core game, right?

Of course we realize that. We're being salty, and rightfully so because we can't play the damn game right now because of server issues.

neoism

:( man these disconnects are really bad lol.. wtf :( has any blue posted about it....

also is it just me but I have NEVER gotten a legendary from a guardian :/ wtf... at least 85% have been on t1 or higher...

Talking set item drops. Luckily I haven't had any repeats so far. This is what I've come across

Raekor Boots, Chest
Might of the Earth Gloves
Firebird Boots, Pants, Source
Tal' Rasha Amulet
Marauder Boots
Zunimussa Source
Akkan Shoulders, Chest

Shifty76

Anyone have any suggestions for my character? I feel like I am at a point where besides a few pieces (chest/pants/boots) I need a few very specific items (Thunderfury, Shard of Hate, that lightning fist weapon or Odyn's Son) in order to upgrade anything. Not sure if there are specific chests/pants/boots (or other items) I should be looking for? I am trying to reroll the damage on my amulet for crit hit change but the Mystic hates me and I am all out of emeralds :(. I'm currently farming Torment 3 with some friends, usually have a full game (or close to it). Cyclone Strike works really well with the group.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/KillerDark-1570/hero/1730545

Could definitely use some more crit dmg. Amulet absolutely should have it, gloves too.

What crafting recipies do you have? Aughilds 3pc bonus is amazing, Asheara/Cains/Captains are all solid too

Anyone have any input on the best gem to put in a helm? Thinking about dropping a diamond in that slot, but I'm not sure if the cool down reduction will be noticable enough to be worth it.

Artanisix

Dvi2IWd.jpg

well team

don't think i'll ever get a better odyn son than this

neoism

Hi all, we're continuing to monitor reports of disconnections when in Nephalem Rifts. If you're continuing to experience disconnects while playing, you may want to attempt deleting the following folders inside the Diablo III game folder:

> Diablo III\Data_D3\PC\MPQs\Cache\

> Diablo III\Data_D3\PC\MPQs\enUS\ (this may have a different name based on your language and region)

Users report being able to play multiple Rifts without disconnecting whereas they could not before deleting the folders.

-From Omrakos' post.
so the Cache folder and the enUS?

neoism

Anyone have any input on the best gem to put in a helm? Thinking about dropping a diamond in that slot, but I'm not sure if the cool down reduction will be noticable enough to be worth it.

if its a mystic made slot go but crit on it otherwise.. use a purple or diamond.

RDreamer

This with Shattering Throw is almost OP.

I just pulled mine out of my stash. Back when Crusaders kind of sucked I got like 3. I kept the best one at the time around. Then when crusaders were changed I swear I tested out some builds with it but didn't like it. I must not have tried shattering throw. So I went with Shield Bash for a while. I really liked that build, and it worked well, but I just switched
back to blessed shield and it's too powerful to go back...

My only question is whether to keep the Blessed Shield damage +14% or go with trying to re-roll to some crit chance.

Scrooged

Totally wronger about Nintendo's business decisions.
They sure as shit aren't working on the servers. As far as I'm concerned, random disconnects, wasted shards and keys and a completely unplayable game is an 'all hands on deck' problem.

5th straight time getting to the 5th bounty quest, dc right before quest ends, kicked completely out of battle.net.

Everyone I know is having the exact same problem, zero people logged in now. Time to just go do something else until they get their shit together. This is absurd.

The coders that fix game bugs and balance things have nothing to do with server issues. Unless, of course, the instability is directly caused by a patch. But that doesn't seem to be the case here.

nah man, it's like slowdown in an old-school arcade game; when the game stops completely, you know some serious shit is about to go down, like your inventory opening or somebody in your clan logging on

there's also a real bit of suspense when you see an item fall off a chest or mob but not appear on the ground. in 5 seconds, we'll learn whether it's a spear or a death's breath. real nail biter.

would getting an ssd do anything about the ui freezes?
the freezes have been annoying me to no end and I've been blaming my 5 year old potato hard drive for it and was contemplating an ssd just for diablo, but I hear a lot of people have those freezes (or is it everyone?)

The game has progressively started running worse and worse since I bought it a month ago

OT:
it rains SOJ's on my barb... 4th one in total now, 3rd one in two days, second one today
Been having a big lootstreak for the past 4 days
-ice climbers
-3x soj
-cindercoat
-akkhan gloves with a nice roll (I haven't even played my crusader they just dropped for a wizard friend in our group)
-2.4k fulminator for my WD
-3 thundergod's vigor (though the last 2 are now souls)
-danetta's spite
-runspeed belt for barb (which is surprisingly rare)
-2 pieces of the earthen set yesterday (which finally makes my barb able to play in the big boy torments)
-blade of prophecy
-tal rasha chest with good rolls (3 sockets max attack speed and int and vit)
-the arcane dmg-teleport cooldown wand with 2150 dps

also a bunch of B tier setpieces like raekor but those don't count

Just need the arcane absorb necklace (trifecta with a fire dmg roll), those knockback damage bracers and a good sankis and better thunderfury now, that is the lootwhore dream

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
dpBZD37.jpg

Trifecta from Kadala's. Using it with my Immortal King Fire HOTA Barb.

I hate you. I got a pair on my WD tonight after thousands of shards but yours are so much better.

Omnicent

Tonight was a great night. Finally got the Foote for my Sader and it feels good even though I'm not really spec for it yet.

I'm looking foward to getting my gear up to spec to make the build work.

Lain

Well, I removed the vit for a socket on that Shard of Hate I found (took me 5-6 tries), though I'm still not sure if I should keep using my Azurewrath because of the +cold skill dmg or not, since without it I go from 71% to 53%.

Totakeke

Man, I wish Crusaders had better CD damage skills aside from Condemn to use with Rally. Bombardment is either too slow or too random. Heaven's Fury dots don't stack. Falling Sword just sucks. That leaves us with Phalanx which also doesn't stack with Bowmen but does with Bodyguard.

Maybe if I get a Cam's Rebuttal I could reevaluate Falling Sword. *hint hint*

Boogdud

It's an old recommendation but a few of us did this tonight and two of three of us didn't disconnect afterwards. Might just be coincidence but it's worth a shot.

I noticed they're saying they'll be doing maintenance tonight at 5am PDT

Maybe there's hope.

edit: wasn't patching just redownloading cache apparently

cdyhybrid

It's an old recommendation but a few of us did this tonight and two of three of us didn't disconnect afterwards. Might just be coincidence but it's worth a shot.

I noticed they're saying they'll be doing maintenance tonight at 5am PDT

Maybe there's hope.

edit: wasn't patching just redownloading cache apparently

Tried it, lasted for a decent amount of time and then got D/Ced twice within 5 minutes of each other.

I'm really sick of their patching priorities. There are a slew of game fixes and feature updates that we've been waiting on for a while now. But what do they decide to fix first?

- Rat Callers and Tusked Bogans no longer continue spawning additional waves of minions after the second wave is defeated.*

- Trivial monsters that spawn during events such as 'The Hive' and 'The Demonic Prisoner' no longer provide experience or loot.*

Oh, Thank god. That stuff was really affecting me. So glad they fixed it.

/s

cdyhybrid

I'm really sick of their patching priorities. There are a slew of game fixes and feature updates that we've been waiting on for a while now. But what do they decide to fix first?

- Rat Callers and Tusked Bogans no longer continue spawning additional waves of minions after the second wave is defeated.*

- Trivial monsters that spawn during events such as 'The Hive' and 'The Demonic Prisoner' no longer provide experience or loot.*

Oh, Thank god. That stuff was really affecting me. So glad they fixed it.

/s

They nerfed AFK farming. Not trivial, but when the servers aren't working...

Good thing I didn't have too many problems with the server though it was a bit iffy in my runs. No soj AGAIN today after 1.5k shards, but I did get a nice little haul of loot:

eh2GroI.png

Aaand

FfgZsib.png

Just unlucky neither of them had all res but oh well I can probably manage.

joesmokey

My wizard is basically complete. All I'm missing is Wand of Woh and an Andariel's helm for Arcane/Cold.

Here's my solo and group play wizard:

For group play, I proc Tal's with Cold Snap, TF proc, and Event Horizon. Coupled with Evocation, this works amazingly well as I can chain stun mobs with Cold Snap and Event Horizon. It is less straight up damage than full fire magic missile reliance, but it is the superior group play build as you greatly decrease the opportunity for other players to take damage.

I suppose I could also use Vyr's chest piece, however I don't know if that would be worth replacing Tal's 4 piece bonus for arcane/archon build. I'm going to experiment seeing if Cain's gloves/legs are better than Magefist/Vyr's. I've tried Vyr's gloves/legs for the +500 int, but that is definitely inferior to Magefist. Will take awhile to get a perfect tri-fecta Cain's gloves to roll.

The group play spec is my most favorite as it is pure fun, however it's a little too slow in solo play. Now that I have Ice Climbers, I've been experimenting replacing the Teleport skill. So far Meteor Shower seems to be a good winner until I get WoW for Explosive Blast.

Rokam

2 SoJ's in one day after not finding one since hitting 70. One perfect for lightning the other for holy. Thank you loot gods, now just drop me a good a neck.

Bollocks, I can't do my pre-work 30 minute session. I feel like my 30 min morning runs yield more loot than when I have the chance to play for an hour or two at night. Although, last night was probably the best run of drops I have ever had by 10 fold. I guess that jump to T2 rifts really helped.

ElyrionX

Getting tired of my Wiz and DH and Crusader are not doing it for me so I'm going to be working on my WD. Initial gearing should be easy enough with all the hand-me-downs from my Wiz main. What are the strongest/most popular build for WD now? Thinking of going for a pet build.

DSmalls84

Stil no Taskers for me but I have 2 awesome pairs of Trifecta Magefist now. I also found a 95% Mask of Jeram last night and Zunimassa's String of Skulls. The Zunimassa 4 piece bonus is seriously a gamechanger. I'm running Wrathful Protector Garg and the Fetish army runed for fire damage (74% extra) and it is pretty awesome. Perma Fetish Army keeps pretty much all of the enemies from getting to you and doesn't ever seem to die.

Lain

I didn't get a reply, but after some playing around with it I think I'm gonna stick with the Shard of Hate now.
I'm still trying to figure out what other gear I should chase other than the frostburn gloves for a cold-leaning wizard. Legendary gloves in general are really becoming my nightmare though. Today I got 3 to drop and naturally they were more Gladiator Gloves and St. Archew's Gage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom