• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally got a Cindercoat for my DH. Would have loved to have got 20% fire damage but I decided to roll the Monk skill into 3 sockets. Lost 100 all res by equipping this but I think I will slot a Diamond instead of 3 Emeralds to make up for it. Maybe two Diamonds. Was mucking around with gear as I got disconnected so I frigging pray this is sitting in my inventory when the maintenance is over.
08A86KD.jpg

Also got this really random Amulet. Don't even know what to think about it. Any thoughts? Seems trash, but I dunno. Not sure if I can roll that physical into fire but if I can it might be good for my DH, going for CA build atm.

Also got a Belt that had +10% Lighting damage which I slotted on my Monk who I am trying to gear for a lightning build. Currently sitting at 30% which is nice for an alt.

DEO3

What's a good right click for Cindercoat/Magefist/Mirroball Wiz fire build.....I had been using disintegrate, but am now using Hydra and it seems like it utilizes the conflagration passive well....anybody have any advice?

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Vossler-1343/hero/40620060

Wand of Woh is the T6 fire build. If you have no WoW, Heat Wave and Meteor Shower are both decent spenders.

I recently made the switch to a mirrorball build, and after trying everything under the sun I found having an aoe ability such as Wave of Force (Heat Wave) or Black Hole complimented the build well, as using magic missile to clear out a pack of non-elites that have surrounded you can be tedious. Explosive Blast in interesting since you can cast it as well as Magic Missile at the same time, which allows you to never stop casting Magic Missile, and therefore never have your DoT fall off. Ultimately I found the cooldowns on Black Hole/Explosive Blast to be too frustrating, as when I want to use an ability I don't want to hear 'can't do that yet', I want to see shit explode - therefore I've currently settled on Wave of Force with Heat Wave.

garath

scy is a good luck charm for everyone but himself apparently.

Wife is coming home, have 5 min to play. Get invited to scy's group by Achtius. Kill 1 pack and a legendary helm drops. Lol

Thanks scy!

(I didn't even have time to ID it but it looked like a Deathseeker's cowl. Oh well)

Upgrading the gems looks like an easy way to make a fairly significant improvement.

Yea I plan on doing that if I ever am able to keep any emeralds. Every time I reroll my amulet it takes a flawless imperial emerald so needless to say, I'm all out of them :.

I gave away a 20% physical andariels to a DH yesterday in our group.

In hindsight, I maybe should have saved it for my own physical build. But he was so happy...

Still hoping to eventually get those last few Marauder set pieces. Calamity. Taskers. Yeah. My wishlist is drifting into "impossible to find" territory.

What's a good right click for Cindercoat/Magefist/Mirroball Wiz fire build.....I had been using disintegrate, but am now using Hydra and it seems like it utilizes the conflagration passive well....anybody have any advice?

Co-signing on the Heat Wave advice, it's my go to spender. I've played around with Meteor and the other fire spells, but the not having a cooldown is just funner to me. Spamming it when I'm mobbed has also gotten me out of trouble lots of times with life on kill.

I also love the cc of black hole when soloing, but I usually switch it out when playing with others. I'm still looking for a Woh to replace my mid-tier Thunderfury. I had one at 60 and loved it.

Vossler

I haven't gotten a decent upgrade on DH in a while....actually went back to 1 hander with quiver. Anyone else feel like dual wielding is actually slower when attacking? Or am I just crazy?

In hindsight, I maybe should have saved it for my own physical build. But he was so happy...

Still hoping to eventually get those last few Marauder set pieces. Calamity. Taskers. Yeah. My wishlist is drifting into "impossible to find" territory.

I joined the DH group after you first posted about it yesterday. Ran some rifts with some guys tonight, didn't get anything for myself but gave away Marauders boots which I probably should have kept really, but oh well. Maybe someone will return the favour over the weekend with a Nat Slayer :)

KrawlMan

That's my main skill on my fire wizard, it's amazing. Bounce up and down like a pogo stick all day long! No cooldown and no waiting for meteors!

I could see Wave of Force being useful, but using it takes a lot away from why the mirrorball build is so great. You can stay at a range and use mirrorball/conflag to deal 5-6 mil dmg hits on each ball from a great distance.

I never want or need to be right in the fray, so I've got room to either roll a little more glass cannon, or possibly just let my toughness go that much further.

I personally prefer using Meteor with Molten Impact, buffed with Arcane Dynamo. Also Black Hole with Spellsteal just for CC and buffing both my Meteor and Magic Missile. When I properly stack the buffs, Meteor crits for around 100-110 mil.

DEO3

When my wishlist got down to just a couple of very specific items I found myself starting to get burned out on the game, so I decided to change things up and began gambling for an item that would force me to change, well, everything (in my case, a Mirrorball). I went from having an almost complete set of arcane gear, to needing to gear up an entirely new fire spec, which has really breathed some new life into the game for me.

DSmalls84

Wishlist for me:

Tasker and Theo
Starmetal Kukri
Harrington/Witching Hour
RORG (Trifecta Roll)

Also been collecting Jade Harvester pieces even though I run a Pet build. Might be a fun change of pace at some point. Been gambling for Taskers/Witching Hour for almost a week though. I'm starting to wonder if I would have better luck gambling on a Wizard for a Witching Hour than on my WD.

Wishlist for me:

Tasker and Theo
Starmetal Kukri
Harrington/Witching Hour
RORG (Trifecta Roll)

Also been collecting Jade Harvester pieces even though I run a Pet build. Might be a fun change of pace at some point. Been gambling for Taskers/Witching Hour for almost a week though. I'm starting to wonder if I would have better luck gambling on a Wizard for a Witching Hour than on my WD.
Should have been with me a few days ago. I literally got 2 of these back to back within 5 minutes and salvaged them.

Could definitely use some more crit dmg. Amulet absolutely should have it, gloves too.

What crafting recipies do you have? Aughilds 3pc bonus is amazing, Asheara/Cains/Captains are all solid too

Would you say go for crit damage or crit hit chance on the amulet? Yea I think I messed up on the gloves... I went for my OWE resist instead of rerolling the VIT to crit damage. Can't change that now unfortunately. Not sure what set recipes I have. Pretty sure I have Cains, not sure about Aughilds. I'll check that out, thanks!

joesmokey

I use Cold Snap with CDR gear and Evocation as my right-click spot. May sound like an odd combination to use for a fire build, but try it out. For spender, I didn't use anything until I could get rid of the Teleport slot with Ice Climbers (I now use Meteor - Meteor Shower).

Another depressing night last night. Discounting the usual shit drops, I was dying left and right in T3, which is usually a breeze for me. I think frustration was setting in and causing me to not pay attention and/or make stupid mistakes. Thinking about taking a few days off and coming back fresh.

Boogdud

So is Kadala riding the crimson tide or what over the past few days? 3 dumps of 500 shards and not a single leg (looking for helm so 5 a pop), not even a trash leg. Not trying to conspiracy watch but I'm thinking they may have lowered her drop rate in the background after buffing it last patch.

If Karg is lurking, you joined up into my group last night for a couple T2 rift runs.

Thanks for the resurrections, need to work on my ability to stay upright. The couple other guys in the group are some IRL friends off GAF, but, they certainly appreciated your ability to melt. :)

StMeph

Is there anything close to flesh-colored in dyes, or are there any legendary pants (on a Crusader) that are close to nothing?

Trying to create the sprite look of Celes in FF6 for my female Crusader, kind of getting stuck on how to make the pants-slot minimally visible.

Edit: also need a blue laser sword to emulate Atma Weapon. Using Exarian right now, but the glow is kind of weak. I don't have Azurewrath, so I can't compare that. A blue-only Spectrum would be perfect, so is there anything similar to that?

Onionkid

Is there anything close to flesh-colored in dyes, or are there any legendary pants (on a Crusader) that are close to nothing?

Trying to create the sprite look of Celes in FF6 for my female Crusader, kind of getting stuck on how to make the pants-slot minimally visible.

Edit: also need a blue laser sword to emulate Atma Weapon. Using Exarian right now, but the glow is kind of weak. I don't have Azurewrath, so I can't compare that. A blue-only Spectrum would be perfect, so is there anything similar to that?

Could you not just use Vanishing dye on the pants? And maybe a Blade of Prophecy for the sword, but it's not really "laser" at all so dunno.

Fularu

Banned
Got Haunt of Vaxo/The Witching Hour yesterday

feelsgoodman.gif

Also got a rather shitty RoRG, but to use it I need 3 pieces of IK and one more piece of earthquake set (I already have the boots)

StMeph

Could you not just use Vanishing dye on the pants? And maybe a Blade of Prophecy for the sword, but it's not really "laser" at all so dunno.

Vanishing takes it back to a simple black pants look, like the level 1 character has before wearing any gear in slot.

joesmokey

I can't decide what I should re-roll on my Ice Climbers...

Movement speed to Vitality or re-roll the Ray of Frost skill dmg to Vit? I am leaning toward re-rolling the Ray of Frost since I'll never use the skill. However, since these are best-in-slot boots that I'll never see again, it seems like I should be re-rolling the movement speed off.

ferr

I can't decide what I should re-roll on my Ice Climbers...

Movement speed to Vitality or re-roll the Ray of Frost skill dmg to Vit? I am leaning toward re-rolling the Ray of Frost since I'll never use the skill. However, since these are best-in-slot boots that I'll never see again, it seems like I should be re-rolling the movement speed off.

Definitely MS. You can get that from paragon points.

Well I found this today.

lIzUorc.png

Still need another. Would be really hard to imagine replacing my SoJ with that. Even when just soloing. But if I ever get another I'll definitely try it out.

joesmokey

Definitely MS. You can get that from paragon points.
Ray of Frost though...

Well I found this today.
Still need another. Would be really hard to imagine replacing my SoJ with that. Even when just soloing. But if I ever get another I'll definitely try it out.
I replace my RRoG with it when soloing. It doesn't do you too much good with grouping, as really the only purpose for Unity is combining it with follower (assuming you make-up the elite dmg with Asheara's).

ElyrionX

Wishlist for me:

Tasker and Theo
Starmetal Kukri
Harrington/Witching Hour
RORG (Trifecta Roll)

Just started playing my WD today. I like the pet build but I feel I am doing too little eDPS despite having 1mn sheet DPS. What build are you running?

Dahbomb

I know I couldn't.

The andariels is pretty beast.
20% fire on amulet.
Aughild's for more elite dmg.
Perfect archfiend arrows.

I don't have any of that =\
You don't have to be at that exact same level... you can be close and be a few seconds slower.

I don't have Aughilds either but I do have a Pride's Fall with Cluster Arrow damage. That is actually about equivalent to Andariels when you take into consideration the RCR.

Actually scratch that, I do have an Aughilds (a left over from a Monk set I was trying to make) and a RROG so I can do that. I just don't have a Nat's Slayer + Boots combo so that means less Dex and CC to work with.

Decided to try and make some archfiend arrows.

6 kills in a row on T3 without the mat drop. Da hell. This is going to take ages....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom