• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xamdou

Damn I played one game with you guys for one game because work early he next day, I'll go Marathin rifts with yalls next time!

jblank83

Basically. I think I might have changed a piece of gear two weeks ago? I forget. Since I'm stuck desiring my sets...

That's what I've been doing for the last two weeks: experimenting with different builds for lack of anything else to do. I haven't changed any major components in that time (SoJ, RRoG, TF, Mirrorball, Moonlight, Ice Climbers). I'll farm Asheara mats to test out the set or I'll get a Blackthorne Belt and burn 30 souls getting perfect 15% Magic Missile damage on it. It gives me an actual sense of accomplishment, the type I was getting from finding upgrades to slots.

However, my will to continue the grind is affected by weeks upon weeks of not seeing anything more significant than some pieces of Blackthorne. I mean, why grind one hundred hours of rifts without seeing a single piece of Vyr's drop when there are plenty of other games to play (Bravely Default, ALBW, MonHun, NES Remix 1/2, Half Minute Hero 2, Dark Souls 2, Divinity Original Sin, Spelunky)? Still, I have some items I'd like: Vyr set, a better Mirrorball, better Blackthorne pants, better SoJ, better Thunderfury. There's enough out there that I can see myself playing semi-regularly for awhile yet, especially when the new rift structure hits.

And that's without having started gearing any other characters. Could be that I'd enjoy gearing up a Crusader or a WD. Gotta break the Wizard habit, though.

Anyway, hurry up with the patch, Bliz.

Sigmaah

I can confirm playing with SCY is good luck. It was reigning legs for me including piece two of my jade harvester set last night .

I can confirm this also.

THANK YOU BASED SCY.

Also, finally got my goddamn Cindercoat! Shit's beast as fuck imo. Yay for fire crusader! Now all I need is that shield and a Maximus.

Pls game tonight give me a goddamn earth set piece. PLS.

Ramirez

So I got bored with my lightning crusader I've been running since she hit 70, got together a few +fire pieces of the weeks, and made this build. Nothing could touch me in T3, where as I could die 1-2 times a game with the lightning setup. Gonna try T4 later, any suggestions? I need a better amulet obviously, and my rings aren't the best. Also want the shield for the blessed shield buff, but man, that Defender of Westmarch rolled just about perfect, be tough to top it.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Ram-1596/hero/44625090

da heck with all these people getting Cindercoats and not me!?

I am dropping 1000 shards on Kadala tonight, that women better gives me Cindercoat, KADALAAAA!!!!!!

Celegus

However, my will to continue the grind is affected by weeks upon weeks of not seeing anything more significant than some pieces of Blackthorne. I mean, why grind one hundred hours of rifts without seeing a single piece of Vyr's drop when there are plenty of other games to play (Bravely Default, ALBW, MonHun, NES Remix 1/2, Half Minute Hero 2, Dark Souls 2, Divinity Original Sin, Spelunky)?

I think it's time for a break.. you're missing out on some seriously awesome stuff there!! DS2 is my favorite game this year and Spelunky/ALBW were in my top 3 last year.

I am dropping 1000 shards on Kadala tonight, that women better gives me Cindercoat, KADALAAAA!!!!!!

Haha, I'm doing the same for my stupid Magefist tonight. Got tired of doing 100 at a time... surely 1000 will give me something decent?!

jblank83

I think it's time for a break.. you're missing out on some seriously awesome stuff there!! DS2 is my favorite game this year and Spelunky/ALBW were in my top 3 last year.

Spelunky I've played a lot of already. I just mean I'd play some more of it, because it's great.

ALBW I'm saving as a treat when I finish all of my backlog... ^_^

Killing Ghom is a great way to determine which setup gives me the best possible DPS.

With 1H+1H (both ~ 2550 DPS), I can kill him in ~15 seconds.
With 1H+ Archfiend quiver, I can kill him in ~25 seconds (my discipline runs out).

I think the issue is that with the quiver, I'm attacking faster, getting more crits, but not hitting as hard. So I'm not getting as much use out of my hatred.

ferr

Killing Ghom is a great way to determine which setup gives me the best possible DPS.

With 1H+1H (both ~ 2550 DPS), I can kill him in ~15 seconds.
With 1H+ Archfiend quiver, I can kill him in ~25 seconds (my discipline runs out).

I think the issue is that with the quiver, I'm attacking faster, getting more crits, but not hitting as hard. So I'm not getting as much use out of my hatred.

Yeah, Ghom is basically the punching bag of D3.

Do you have pride's fall? That could greatly benefit hatred, but I'm not sure if the quiver is actually making you attack faster since there is an inherent IAS bonus with DW. You probably have high enough CC% that the CC from your quiver is negligible and the gain from CHD is far greater.

Yeah, Ghom is basically the punching bag of D3.

Do you have pride's fall? That could greatly benefit hatred, but I'm not sure if the quiver is actually making you attack faster since there is an inherit IAS bonus with DW.

It's not a huge difference.

APS w/ quiver = 2.28
APS w/ 1-handers = 2.22

I tried Pride's Fall, but the poison cloud disables it right off the bat. It doesn't kick in again for another 5 seconds. That's a long time in this fight.

Insaniac

What do you think is the better option,

i have 72% fire damage and can enchant an item to have either +%20 fire damage bonus or +15% meteor damage bonus. So, would it be better to have +92% fire damage bonus and standard meteor damage, or to have +72% fire damage bonus with +15% meteor damage bonus?.

I'm not quite sure and don't want to waste souls testing, opinions?.

well it depends, are you using a meteor fire rune? How many other spells would benefit from the fire damage.

with 72% fire damage stacked, I can only assume you're going pure fire build. In which case why NOT go with fire damage? Covers more spells, and is a larger damage increase anyways

I think the obvious choice here would be fire damage.

Haha, I'm doing the same for my stupid Magefist tonight. Got tired of doing 100 at a time... surely 1000 will give me something decent?!

She gave me my my Magefist 2 days ago and with awesome rolls on it, I think the chances of getting a Magefist from Kadala are better than getting the Cindercoat.

garath

She gave me my my Magefist 2 days ago and with awesome rolls on it, I think the chances of getting a Magefist from Kadala are better than getting the Cindercoat.

I tend to agree.. Especially with a DH. Which is why I've shifted all my focus to gloves. No luck for that yet either though haha.

Celegus

Tell that to my pile of 5000+ souls on gloves, while I got a Cindercoat from less than 100 on armor (still my only good thing from her, but that thing is a beast). And speaking of RNG, my streak of only getting (crappy) legendary weapons is well past 20 now. I don't remember what legendary armor dropping even looks like anymore. Don't need no more stinky weapons!!!

Re: WD

Soul Harvest is a lot harder hit than I ever gave it credit for. I dunno what beefs it up, but, if I go into a mob pile, it'll drop enemy XP like crazy if not wiping out lower tier completely below 3-4m hitpoints.

Here's my WD build. The helm is pretty great that it'll spawn an army by itself, I could potentially pull FS off my passive skill bar and load something else and still get fetisists, I believe. My Crit Hit Chance is actually up at about 41% and crit damage is +~327% + I have a 34% fire damage boost (hence the fire toads). I can hang in T2 just fine.

I have the green set boots, they're off this build atm, but, that gets me some immunity (desecrator, molten, plagued). Arcane is still my Achilles heel.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/bigwinnerx-1750/hero/42647486

cdyhybrid

Looking for feedback on my Barb.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/yimc808-1960/hero/46604203

I'm currently spending shards trying to get a Cinder Coat. I also have the mats for one piece of Aughild's to replace the chest once I get it (I was thinking bracer).

I'm pretty much broke and have very few Souls, have blown them all trying to roll the few things I've crafted into usability (burned 10+ souls on both of my current weapons).

Mumei

Soul Harvest is a lot harder hit than I ever gave it credit for. I dunno what beefs it up, but, if I go into a mob pile, it'll drop enemy XP like crazy if not wiping out lower tier completely below 3-4m hitpoints.

Here's my WD build. The helm is pretty great that it'll spawn an army by itself, I could potentially pull FS off my passive skill bar and load something else and still get fetisists, I believe. My Crit Hit Chance is actually up at about 41% and crit damage is +~327% + I have a 34% fire damage boost (hence the fire toads). I can hang in T2 just fine.

I have the green set boots, they're off this build atm, but, that gets me some immunity (desecrator, molten, plagued). Arcane is still my Achilles heel.

I would kill for that helm.

Unmoses

So I got bored with my lightning crusader I've been running since she hit 70, got together a few +fire pieces of the weeks, and made this build. Nothing could touch me in T3, where as I could die 1-2 times a game with the lightning setup. Gonna try T4 later, any suggestions? I need a better amulet obviously, and my rings aren't the best. Also want the shield for the blessed shield buff, but man, that Defender of Westmarch rolled just about perfect, be tough to top it.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Ram-1596/hero/44625090

I know it's apples to oranges, but on my mage I'm running 70% lightning with triumverate and 30% electrocute and it's pretty easy sailing on T3 but I've been reading glimpses that lightning isn't as strong as say fire..I dread the quest to fire gear this girl

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/unmoses-1864/hero/4331728

eek5

Soul harvest vengeful spirit is physical so if you're stacking phys then it hits really hard (600 soemthing % weapond mg).

If I nado a group (+strongarms bonus) then go in for SH I can crit for about 13m-15m which is pretty good "free" dmg" then the SH stacks buff my fetishes and firebats to clean up pretty easily.

I also recently switched midnight feast for gruesome feast. When I build GF/SH stacks my fetishes are critting in 18-22m range WITHOUT bbv! The dmg they make up when garg is down easily makes up for not having 50% dmg increase for garg. No more 280m garg hits but he still hits hard enough to clear elites really fast but the dmg from my fetishes happens a lot more consistently and buffing that seems to have made a larger difference for speed clearing t3/t4.

Also if garg derps out and get blocked my fetishes can kill elites/rift guardians really fast still. Sometimes by the time garg crawls out of his hole in the ground the elite is already dead hah

eek5

I would kill for that helm.

Visage isn't that great IMO.

1) FA kills all your FS fetishes
2) You don't have a ton of control on when FA is activated so a lot of times you have them when you don't need them
3) MoJ or even Carnevil adds a lot more damage/utility

The only way I would see Visage being decent is if you have zuni set and the fetishes don't die when you helm swap so you could free up a skill slot but I haven't tested this so I have no idea if it would work or not.

Sanctuary

Has anyone actually been able to play in a rift for more than five minutes today? I don't know how it's possible, but the servers are getting progressively worse with each new "maintenance". The game was fine until about two weeks ago, where the lag and rubberbanding finally culminated into its peak awfulness last week, and last night and tonight it's been nothing but 600+ms lag with 3-8s delays on everything and constant disconnects.

Mumei

2) You don't have a ton of control on when FA is activated so a lot of times you have them when you don't need them

The only way I would see Visage being decent is if you have zuni set and the fetishes don't die when you helm swap so you could free up a skill slot but I haven't tested this so I have no idea if it would work or not.

I would rather have a Carnevil or Jeram, sure. But since I don't have any of the three, I'd be happy with that!

3rd RoRG. Seems getting one with crit dmg or crit chance is damn near impossible.

KuYSNlW.png

Has anyone actually been able to play in a rift for more than five minutes today?

I haven't had a single issue all day long. It's been very stable

Shifty76

Can you link your WD?
Taking a break from my monk to work on my level 69.5 WD. Just waiting to hit 70 before killing Malthael. I do have a level 60-something Carnevil already so have been enjoying blowdart fetishes everywhere.

That avg dmg roll may give more dps than cd would. Avg dmg is very underrated.

Well I'm already at 58% crit so I'd probably go with crit dmg anyways. Question is... would it be better than my current RoRG.

436 dex + 280 (socket)
7% attack speeed
50 crit dmg

I'm guessing it would be only a TINY bit better at best. Not sure if it's worth spending millions of gold on.

Sanctuary

I haven't had a single issue all day long. It's been very stable

Must be specific servers then, because two of the people I was doing Clan runs with were dying what seemed like every minute last night, and it was all due to them getting terrible delays (has nothing to do with their ISP either). Also have a few friends in Canada experiencing the same issues. The forums were ablaze last with threads about disconnects and not being able to run any rifts too.

I played for about an hour doing bounties, and didn't seem to have any problems, but of course once peak time hits (5pm - 10pm) there's no point in playing. It's completely unplayable. Last night around 6pm I disconnected ten times and simply gave up. These issues happen more often than not during the evening. While it's expected that there's going to be a lot more of a strain during peak hours, it's way worse than it should be and much worse than it was in the first few weeks when more people were actually playing.

Oh well, time to get back to Dark Souls 2 for a bit I guess. Been putting off playing it again due to Diablo 3.

jkanownik

I'm currently spending shards trying to get a Cinder Coat. I also have the mats for one piece of Aughild's to replace the chest once I get it (I was thinking bracer).

I'm pretty much broke and have very few Souls, have blown them all trying to roll the few things I've crafted into usability (burned 10+ souls on both of my current weapons).

I've been very satisfied with the conversion to 3 active sets. My sheet DPS dropped, but I increased my toughness and I'm doing way more damage to elites. The nice thing about set items is you have more control over the upgrade path. You also switch things up by alternating between farming mats and souls.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/jkanownik-1671/hero/4389090

Shifty76

Well I'm already at 58% crit so I'd probably go with crit dmg anyways. Question is... would it be better than my current RoRG.

436 dex + 280 (socket)
7% attack speeed
50 crit dmg

I'm guessing it would be only a TINY bit better at best. Not sure if it's worth spending millions of gold on.

Ah, if your cc is that high then yeah, likely CD would be better.

eek5

Can you link your WD?
Taking a break from my monk to work on my level 69.5 WD. Just waiting to hit 70 before killing Malthael. I do have a level 60-something Carnevil already so have been enjoying blowdart fetishes everywhere.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/eek-1673/hero/2760823

I usually use a strongarms but the last rift I ran before logging out had those knockback angel things and morlus so there had to be a lot of positioning required to survive/kill.

I highly recommend having both bracers if you're going to run a PtV build otherwise you can definitely get boned.

If you don't have strongarms I'd probably use bracer to go full aughild set and then do the full asheara's set w/ RoRG which is pretty good.

cdyhybrid

I've been very satisfied with the conversion to 3 active sets. My sheet DPS dropped, but I increased my toughness and I'm doing way more damage to elites. The nice thing about set items is you have more control over the upgrade path. You also switch things up by alternating between farming mats and souls.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/jkanownik-1671/hero/4389090

Yeah, if I went lightning I could just throw on Asheara's and Cain's or Blackthorne's. I don't really have any drops for that yet though, and from what I understand fire is more viable at higher torments than lightning after the SoH nerf, so I figured I would just aim for a fire build off the bat. If I found a Thundergod's Vigor or something, though...

Shifty76

Thx eek. Pretty much what I've been running except for the extra passive + SH instead of zombie dogs.

Once I hit 70 I'll craft Aughilds + Ashearas. Maybe Capt Crimson for the cdr too

Ramirez

I know it's apples to oranges, but on my mage I'm running 70% lightning with triumverate and 30% electrocute and it's pretty easy sailing on T3 but I've been reading glimpses that lightning isn't as strong as say fire..I dread the quest to fire gear this girl

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/unmoses-1864/hero/4331728

My Crusader is the luckiest character I've ever had in a loot game, I rarely get trash drops, and get duplicates of the best weapons. But like I said yesterday, my DH hasn't seen a leg weapon drop since the first day or so RoS came out, lol.

Sigmaah

Son I'm pretty sure I've dropped over 5000 on chests and finally got one, it should happen. Just keep believing in the randomness of the game.

So the "clear the hell rift" bounty in Act 4 has a chest that sometimes spawns elites. They were always too much for me to kill on torment 6 so I'd just run away. Now I can kill them before the timer dips below 50%. Woo!

Easy 200k extra whenever the chest spawns. Nice.

I always check the bounty for Act 3 Battlefields. "Clear Cryder's Outpost" is also a pretty fast an easy bounty for the exact same reward. Sometimes it can spawn with a difficult elite though, but I can usually kill them without dying.

The1Ski

Question:

If maximum movement speed from equipment 25% (crusader), does that include set bonuses or is that handled differently?

cdyhybrid

Anyone else have any input? Should I just throw on some Asheara's and Blackthorne's for bonuses until I get a drop that will really push me toward a specific build?

ZenaxPure

Anyone else have any input? Should I just throw on some Asheara's and Blackthorne's for bonuses until I get a drop that will really push me toward a specific build?

Gear wise, yeah, pretty much. You are in the early stages of gearing, so easy crafted sets are best until you get specific items.

Build wise you should really switch your rage rune to bloodshed. Outside of single target fights it nets you so much more damage than an extra 5% damage ever will.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom