• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DSmalls84

Just started playing my WD today. I like the pet build but I feel I am doing too little eDPS despite having 1mn sheet DPS. What build are you running?

A variation of the Vampire Bats/Fetish Scyophants build.
Active
Vamp Bats
Pirahnado
Spirit walk (Jaunt)
Soul Harvest
Gargantuan (Wrathful Protector)
Big Bad Voodoo (Slam Dance)

Passives
Fetish Sycophants
Grave Injustice
Gruesome Feast
Midnight Feast

Since I found enough Zunimassa Pieces to get the full set bonus I swapped out Soul harvest for Fetish Army for the time being. The Build works well with a Thing of the Deep Mojo if you have it.

Did something change? played T4 last night for 5 rift run and not 1 Legendary. Just 1 forgotten soul out of the whole thing.

Traded in 200+ shards and not one Legendary there either.

ferr

Is T6 Ghom even worth the effort? I killed him a half dozen or so times the other day and got nothing but yellows. Maybe the xp/gold from the possible bounty is worthwhile.

eek5

Is T6 Ghom even worth the effort? I killed him a half dozen or so times the other day and got nothing but yellows. Maybe the xp/gold from the possible bounty is worthwhile.

It's OK. I'd do it on story if you're going to do it though for maximum speed. No need to run to him since the wp is right outside his door.

here goes nothing...

9kgrpe7.png

traveler

Not Wario
Was there supposed to be a end of month clan cleaning of inactive players/has it already happened? I need to grab a spot in the clan one of these days if the room ever opens up.

10 of them. Lol. You'll get something good.

Not a single one.

Only 1 of them rolled with dex. Here it is after I rolled cluster arrow dmg:

gTxWQUE.png

I'd prefer higher crit but I guess this will have to do. Drops my DPS by 90,000. I lose 130% crit dmg but gain 8% crit, cluster arrow dmg, and 8% elite dmg.

Did something change? played T4 last night for 5 rift run and not 1 Legendary. Just 1 forgotten soul out of the whole thing.

Funny, exact same shit to me too, I did 7 rifts this morning with no leg drops. RNG is bullshit frustrating in this game sometimes. 2/4 zunis, 1/6 jade set completed near RoS launch and month+ later, jack shit. Maybe I have to farm 2 more months.

akumacombos.com

Neo Member
I think I´m going start playing this game again, but not with demon hunter anymore, maybe with barbarian.

btw, this was one of the best crossbows that I ever had:

hellrack.jpg

Funny, exact same shit to me too, I did 7 rifts this morning with no leg drops. RNG is bullshit frustrating in this game sometimes. 2/4 zunis, 1/6 jade set completed near RoS launch and month+ later, jack shit. Maybe I have to farm 2 more months.

Yesterday I saw a guy get 7 legs in Normal bounties.

Just letting you know!

From r/diablo, thought this was pretty funny:

Diablo III's 10 Laws of Probability
1st law: The piece that you need to make your favorite build possible always has a lower chance to drop than anything else.
2nd law: The last piece of your set always has a lower chance to drop than all the previous pieces of said set, Blackthorne set is excempt from this law.
3rd law: Once an item is dropped, the chance of the same item dropping again will significantly increase. This chance is further increased if said item is boring or useless to your build.
4th law:When attempting to roll for an affix that you want from the mystic, said affix always has a significantly lower chance to show up than all other possible affixes.
5th law: The chance of any build that you feel is powerful getting nerfed is constant until you decide to try the build yourself and reroll your gears for said build. As soon as your rerolls are done and you have obtained the gears that you need for said build, the chance of the build being nerfed becomes significantly higher.
6th law: The chance for a bad low desnity rift to show up is always higher than the chance of a good high density rift.
7th law: Good gears always take more tries to reroll for the affix that you want.
8th law: When you are farming gears for your build, it is significantly more likely to obtain gears that are only good for any build other than the build you are currently using.
9th law: It is always harder to farm for crafting materials that you need than the ones that you don't.
10th law: The class that you feel is overpowered is never the class that you are currently playing.

Shuffling paragon points from CC to CD should recover some of that DPS unless you already did so

I've always maxed crit damage first in my paragon points. It seems harder to get that than it does crit chance.

fZAQyli.png

I could reroll crit chance on my SoJ to crit dmg. But it's such damn good SoJ. I might want to use another element one day. Or use fire on a wizard. Would be a shame to lock it down to dex\fire to get crit dmg on it.

scy

I've always maxed crit damage first in my paragon points. It seems harder to get that than it does crit chance.

I could reroll crit chance on my SoJ to crit dmg. But it's such damn good SoJ. I might want to use another element one day. Or use fire on a wizard. Would be a shame to lock it down to dex\fire to get crit dmg on it.

Wouldn't it make more sense to roll the DEX to CHD then? It's not like main stat on it is going to actually compete with what CHD would do.

ZenaxPure

Anyone have suggestions on my barb?

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Zaptruder-6673/hero/43098420

He's about as well geared as my wiz and crusader... but he just kills soooo much slower. I mean, even with Wrath of the Berserker on, he's still not as powerful... and after using whirlwind for a while and then subbing in Hammer of the Ancients... which feels better, it still feels bad. D:

First thing is you could try and gamble or craft items to replace your yellow items. That will go a pretty long way to upping your overall damage.

Next, personally I'd toss that Sankis into your main hand, missing out on 5% crit chance you could have. I know it has overall less damage than the Fulm, but, Sankis is about the best fire weapon there is (for 1h) so I'd just get used to it if I were you. Next I'd trade avalanche for overpower (with the fire rune). The fire one deals 760% weapon damage on a 10 second cooldown. It synergizes well with frenzy and HoTA because the cooldown can be lowered each time you crit with any other attack. You can usually get a good 2 or 3 OPs in the time you do one avalanche. Not to mention it hits harder than HoTA.

Lastly I'd ditch call of the ancients for other options. When I was at your gear level I used WW because a) it works as an escape tool (allows you to move through enemies unhindered) and b) allowing you to move unhindered makes it an amazing positoning tool for both HoTA and OP, you can move through mobs or get in the center of them and go to town. Other alright options would be leap with the rune that pulls guys to you or ground stomp with the rune that pulls guys to you.

Extra lastly if you are going to keep Battle Rage you should switch to the Bloodshed rune. It makes it so your crits do 20% of the damage to every nearby target. Just think about that for a second when you HoTA a group of enemies and hit them for say 10 million each. It builds up fast. On that same note area damage is a godly stat for HoTA/OP, even though when I was your level I put my utility paragon points RCR (which I assume you might be) in retrospect I wish I would have put them into area damage. Having your massive HoTA/OP hits deal 50% of their damage to everyone nearby is fucking nuts for clearing groups of enemies.

For reference, this is the build I used until I finished the charge set. Solo I could do Torment 4 with it, but, T3 was what I would call "efficient." As in 10-15 minutes per rift. For long term goals, getting the charge set or the EQ set is a must. Sadly (like other classes) our fury generators are actually fucking trash at generating fury so you want to find a way to ditch them which both of those sets allow you to do.

LCGeek

formerly sane
We just like to give Scy a hard time. People who play with him seem to find an abnormal amount of legendaries doing Rifts, while Scy himself doesn't seem to have that same luck.

I will attest to this.

Shit last time I played his crusader fed me another piece I need for my vyrs.

First atttempt at killing Ghom on T6 using the same build as the video... I couldn't kill him before my discipline ran out. So then I was running around with no way to attack.

I'm pretty sure he has a calamity in that video because I see mark for death, but it's not in the build he listed.

The Cowboy

What do you think is the better option,

i have 72% fire damage and can enchant an item to have either +%20 fire damage bonus or +15% meteor damage bonus. So, would it be better to have +92% fire damage bonus and standard meteor damage, or to have +72% fire damage bonus with +15% meteor damage bonus?.

I'm not quite sure and don't want to waste souls testing, opinions?.

jblank83

We just like to give Scy a hard time. People who play with him seem to find an abnormal amount of legendaries doing Rifts, while Scy himself doesn't seem to have that same luck.

I'd say he gets just as many as anyone else. He throws most of them on the ground so you can count his progress yourself.

The problem is once you get to the ultra high end, very few of your finds will actually be worthwhile. I've gotten to that point, as I only find an item worth keeping every 2 or 3 days, if not more.

Meanwhile, many who join his games are not so well equipped and happy to grab up those extra drops. Though lately I've noticed fewer people interested in junk souls, indicating that en masse the playerbase is reaching the end of the game's content. Hence Blizzard teasing out the next major content patch, to keep players invested in the game.

Lain

I think I just got extremely lucky and a Witching Hour dropped for me. It even has Magic Missile mod, which goes perfectly with me (even if a slight less than what I was using, which was already 1 point less than the rare I was using before lol).
I should reroll the armor to Int, right?

I'd say he gets just as many as anyone else. He throws most of them on the ground so you can count his progress yourself.

The problem is once you get to the ultra high end, very few of your finds will actually be worthwhile. I've gotten to that point, as I only find an item worth keeping every 2 or 3 days, if not more.

Meanwhile, many who join his games are not so well equipped and happy to grab up those extra drops. Though lately I've noticed fewer people interested in junk souls, indicating that en masse the playerbase is reaching the end of the game's content. Hence Blizzard teasing out the next major content patch, to keep players invested in the game.

Yeah, been a while since I found an upgrade on both my Wizard and Witch Doctor.

I should reroll the armor to Int, right?

Yes.

Deadly

Once I'm done with exams, I'll be more than glad to take em for souls :D

scy

Technically, +72% / + 15% would end up with a slightly higher damage Meteor but it would be at the cost of a lower damage MM and EB / WoF so not sure if that would really be worth it.

Basically. I think I might have changed a piece of gear two weeks ago? I forget. Since I'm stuck desiring my sets, the only real thing I can do is keep playing my Crusader so I can try to get some to drop (and fail) or better versions of my bad slots (and fail). Just sucks that I've been at this wall for awhile and not the "I have basically everything I need" wall. Hell, I still haven't actually gotten a single STR/CC/CHD Legendary Amulet to reroll to Holy Trifecta. That's probably the most depressing slot of mine.

So I guess I'm waiting for the bounty change and crossing my fingers for that to help solve some of my problems ... but I doubt it. They'll probably just be added to the total pool and not the Bounty pool so it won't really help much.

Edit: Though, to be fair, I can re-craft some of my slots for the 40-50 missing stat points and removing the useless skill mod on my belt so I suppose part of it is also on me for not doing that.

Dahbomb

First atttempt at killing Ghom on T6 using the same build as the video... I couldn't kill him before my discipline ran out. So then I was running around with no way to attack.

I'm pretty sure he has a calamity in that video because I see mark for death, but it's not in the build he listed.
He has Mark of Death on his skill bar.

Mumei

A variation of the Vampire Bats/Fetish Scyophants build.
Active
Vamp Bats
Pirahnado
Spirit walk (Jaunt)
Soul Harvest
Gargantuan (Wrathful Protector)
Big Bad Voodoo (Slam Dance)

Passives
Fetish Sycophants
Grave Injustice
Gruesome Feast
Midnight Feast

Since I found enough Zunimassa Pieces to get the full set bonus I swapped out Soul harvest for Fetish Army for the time being. The Build works well with a Thing of the Deep Mojo if you have it.

I would also appreciate suggestions if you have any. Or anyone else who plays WD:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom