• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Logged on. Did 7 rifts. 2 crappy legs... realized I'm not going to get anything I'm looking for anyways and gave up.

I think I'm going to take a break on my DH and start up my wizard again. The things I want for my DH will never ever ever ever ever drop anyways.

bcl0328

Depends on your play style. In rifts, I found that I was really only using Teleport to get out of situations like Jailer, Frozen, etc. While Ice Climbers are not super useful against frozen in high torments thanks to the strong damage it does, it's not an immediate death notice either. It helps in group play as usually there are so many effects going on that you can't see ground effects anyway.

Freeing up Teleport for Familiar is pretty huge for me and makes them worth the loss in set slot.

whatchya think?

7Xx8IfL.png

scy

Roll Ray of Frost to either your skill of choice or VIT. Probably the skill since the All Resist gain is good enough (despite the sheet toughness loss) to offset losing some VIT.

joesmokey

whatchya think?

7Xx8IfL.png

Roll Ray of Frost to either your skill of choice or VIT. Probably the skill since the All Resist gain is good enough (despite the sheet toughness loss) to offset losing some VIT.
This is what I did on mine. Fire Walkers really does laughable damage at higher torment levels. Keep them for farming bounties.

As I said, depending on your play style, I would use Ice Climbers until you decide if pairing set boots/legs is a better fit for you. Ideally you'd want something like Firebird's 2 piece legs/boots (+500int) or Cain's 2 piece legs/boots (+8% attk spd) or maybe even Blackthorne's 3 piece bonus with RRoG.

Taz

To be honest at this point I'd settle for being able to use some sort of torment-only blood shard like currency to be able to gamble for torment only items (namely set items). I actually feel like gambling is a nice middle ground since it allows you to target specific items for a build (which I've had amazing success with at this point for all 6 of my characters) but the problem is so many builds outright require or at least benefit from having a bunch of set pieces that it is 100% RNG if you will ever see them or not.

Two and a half weeks ago I got my first piece of my Leap Quake set, two days ago I finally got a second piece. Who the fuck knows when or if I will ever see a third piece. Where as in that same 2 and a half week time frame I got the entire charge set and IK set (and multiples of some of those pieces). More importantly to my point: in those 2 weeks I've spent roughly 16k more blood shards (been averaging about 1k a day). If I had just some way to gamble for my set items there is a good chance I'd actually be done with that set now.

I've only been playing RoS since release and I've gotten 1 class set drop which was inns chest had no other drop , I'd love your luck! , they need to do something about sets because it's just pure RNG and some people get none other get it all.

So the proc on this weapon is limited to an additional 2 casts right? Considering the stats rolled, the only reason I'm thinking of keeping it is in case I ever get around to building a CD reduction build for a crusader. My impression was that Blizzard considered the proc to be working as intended and not a bug though. Worth hanging onto for future use or is the effect merely splashy rather than build-worthy?

sjpfBJ6.jpg

Insaniac

So the proc on this weapon is limited to an additional 2 casts right? Considering the low damage roll and vit and no socket, the only reason I'm thinking of keeping it is in case I ever get around to building a CD reduction build for a crusader. My impression was that Blizzard considered the proc to be working as intended and not a bug though. Worth hanging onto for future use or is the effect merely splashy rather than build-worthy?

It's really good. You can use it with the CD reduction rune on Condemn to cast it much more quickly. Even two additional casts is devastating on a group because it does so much base damage. Unfortunate that you didn't get any main stat on that, but the DPS on mine is 100 lower and it is still really good

It's really good. You can use it with the CD reduction rune on Condemn to cast it much more quickly. Even two additional casts is devastating on a group because it does so much base damage. Unfortunate that you didn't get any main stat on that, but the DPS on mine is 100 lower and it is still really good

Oh yeah, I forgot about that crusader rune. I was thinking I would have to assemble a whole set of CD reduction items to make it viable. Hopefully I can get a socket quickly so I can at least mess around with it on my crusader alt.

cdyhybrid

Just got to Act 5 on my second character, trying to get the supposedly "guaranteed" Reaper's Wraps recipe...does it matter what difficulty I kill him on? I'm on Normal at the moment, just trying to blow through it ASAP.

Sillution

Just got to Act 5 on my second character, trying to get the supposedly "guaranteed" Reaper's Wraps recipe...does it matter what difficulty I kill him on? I'm on Normal at the moment, just trying to blow through it ASAP.

Make sure you are level 70 before you do the fight.

ZenaxPure

I've only been playing RoS since release and I've gotten 1 class set drop which was inns chest had no other drop , I'd love your luck! , they need to do something about sets because it's just pure RNG and some people get none other get it all.

See, you call it luck, but, I call it "I've put almost 450 hours into RoS." The fact I can put that much time into the game and STILL not be able to play the build I want to play seems like a fairly glaring game design problem.

The fact there is no way to specifically target class set items is just bad. bad bad bad. Needs to change somehow.

joesmokey

Today is the first day where I haven't really felt like logging in and doing something. I think I have finally escaped Diablo's enthrallment.

jblank83

This is what I did on mine. Fire Walkers really does laughable damage at higher torment levels. Keep them for farming bounties.

As I said, depending on your play style, I would use Ice Climbers until you decide if pairing set boots/legs is a better fit for you. Ideally you'd want something like Firebird's 2 piece legs/boots (+500int) or Cain's 2 piece legs/boots (+8% attk spd) or maybe even Blackthorne's 3 piece bonus with RRoG.

What he said. Fire Walkers are only worth wearing until you find something better. In my opinion, Ice Climbers are Best in Slot, unless you really (REALLY) need to wear some set boots and can't easily fill that set in some other slot. Even then, you'd have to pry my Ice Climbers from my cold dead hands.

See, you call it luck, but, I call it "I've put almost 450 hours into RoS." The fact I can put that much time into the game and STILL not be able to play the build I want to play seems like a fairly glaring game design problem.

The fact there is no way to specifically target class set items is just bad. bad bad bad. Needs to change somehow.

Over 200 hours and I've only ever seen 2 sets of Vyr boots and nothing else. I have a set of Firebird's, which is garbage, and Tal Rasha, which isn't worth wearing over Aughild/Blackthorne imo, but never sniffed anything close to a complete Vyr set. Very frustrating.

ZenaxPure

Over 200 hours and I've only ever seen 2 sets of Vyr boots and nothing else. I have a set of Firebird's, which is garbage, and Tal Rasha, which isn't worth wearing over Aughild/Blackthorne imo, but never sniffed anything close to a complete Vyr set. Very frustrating.

In all fairness I should mention I can do T6 and efficiently do T5 solo so this is some first world problem shit for me. It's more about me not being able to play the specific build I want is all, I know some people are still stuck in like T3.

It's really more depressing than it is upsetting for me personally. My build is actually a lot of fun, but, it's just not the build I wanted to play.

scy

In all fairness I should mention I can do T6 and efficiently do T5 solo so this is some first world problem shit for me. It's more about me not being able to play the specific build I want is all, I know some people are still stuck in like T3.

It's really more depressing than it is upsetting for me personally. My build is actually a lot of fun, but, it's just not the build I wanted to play.

I'm kept out of efficient solo T5 / T6 by needing a Holy Damage Gyrfalcon's or my set items. Literally nothing else would really matter. This is at nearly 500 hours.

ZenaxPure

I'm kept out of efficient solo T5 / T6 by needing a Holy Damage Gyrfalcon's or my set items. Literally nothing else would really matter. This is at nearly 500 hours.

Yeah, you specifically are my point lol. I've had shit luck, but it's shit luck about a preferred playstyle. Overall I am doing fine.

I feel for you man, I think you're the only person in the clan to put more time into RoS than me and RNG is shitting all over your face. It's only shitting around my face.

eek5

What you need is a monk to follow you around with 80% buff/debuffs!

scy

Yeah, you specifically are my point lol. I've had shit luck, but it's shit luck about a preferred playstyle. Overall I am doing fine.

I feel for you man, I think you're the only person in the clan to put more time into RoS than me and RNG is shitting all over your face. It's only shitting around my face.

Meanwhile, I did a rift on my WD and got a Jade Harvester piece already ;__;

It's not so bad, I guess? I've been T4-capable ahead of the curve, I guess, so that's one thing but then I've basically been stuck with the same gear minus a few points here and there for basically the entire time. T5 is doable but it's like ~4-5 clears per hour solo? Something around that and then we get into the whole my boss kill time is atrocious.

What you need is a monk to follow you around with 80% buff/debuffs!

if only I ever had room

OH MY GOD people and their tin-foil hat theories. Starting to get ridiculous.

"loot tables on log-in"
"certain characters have better chance at finding x item"
"you will find something you char can't use if things are truly random"

PLEASE MAKE IT STOP

joesmokey

I have a set of Firebird's, which is garbage, and Tal Rasha, which isn't worth wearing over Aughild/Blackthorne imo, but never sniffed anything close to a complete Vyr set. Very frustrating.
Speaking of boring gear itemization. Do you ever see a top-geared Wizard these days that doesn't use either Aughild's or Born's for Shoulder/Bracer slots? I really wish there was more variation for these sorts of things.

Dahbomb

Speaking of boring gear itemization. Do you ever see a top-geared Wizard these days that doesn't use either Aughild's or Born's for Shoulder/Bracer slots? I really wish there was more variation for these sorts of things.
Shoulder slot is one of the worst slots in the game in terms of good Legendary variety. Everyone wears green shoulders.

Bracer slot has some additional options with Reaper's Wraps and Strong Arm Bracers but if you don't want the health globe bonus from Reapers Wraps then a green Bracer works fine as well.

Builds that don't use Magefists normally use a green glove too. Ditto for Boots and Pants really... they are almost always green. Otherwise there is usually Hexing Pants and Ice Climbers... that's about it.

Actually... that applies to Chests too except for DHs. It's almost always Cindercoat or set item.

Shoulder slot is one of the worst slots in the game in terms of good Legendary variety. Everyone wears green shoulders.

Bracer slot has some additional options with Reaper's Wraps and Strong Arm Bracers but if you don't want the health globe bonus from Reapers Wraps then a green Bracee works fine as well.

Builds that don't use Magefists normally use a green glove too. Ditto for Boots and Pants really... they are almost always green. Otherwise there is usually Hexing Pants and Ice Climbers... that's about it.

don't forget lut socks for barb in the boots slot
but yeah shoulder itemisation is dire , bracers are fine imo, warzechian is another fun option

there WERE cool shoulders (death watch mantle) but patented blizzard internal cooldown

OT: found a str attack speed tasker and theo on my barb, not sure if I should reroll them to int for my wd or what, they'd be a pretty terrible roll (no crit or crit dmg)

CRA5H

Omg.. it finally happened. I was playing on my monk because I got fed up with trying to find a 1H for my Lightning Wiz. Spent thousands of shards on 1H just to end up with zero legs..

Then all of a sudden..

VLrt3ey.jpg

When I saw the leg drop and it said Mace, I had a different feeling than I usually do with leg maces. It was different. The moment I picked it up and saw what it looked like, I actually yelled out in happiness.

Now I need a socket in this baby. Should I roll off AS or 9% dmg?

cdyhybrid

pls adopt me :(

garbo 2h, a plan that almost has 100% drop rate on first kill, and a mat that is easily farmed. I wouldn't get too excited :\

Considering I had to play through the entire story again because I didn't get the plans on my first character's Malthael kill, I think I have a right to be relieved.

Maybe... you guys could all play together more and trade stuff...?

If only there were some sort of asynchronous mechanism for trading. Of course, you woukd have to trade using a common currency, since how could you barter thing for thing asychronously? It would be madness. No, you would definitely need a marketplace of some sort...

Would it make sense that on my Monk I should be trying to avoid having all res taking a primary slot anywhere and have the same single resist as a secondary as often as I can and then use the passive to make all resists = to my highest single resist?

I don't know if I should be happy or upset that in about 1/12th the time my Monk is hitting almost as hard as my DH. DH has 120hours, Monk has 10.

I don't think you're using DH right :p

Whilst probably true, same would have been the case for Monk. I only really realized the power of elemental bonuses etc a few weeks ago which is why the past fortnight if I have been 100% focusing on getting fire gear for my DH. But it took playing the Monk to finally get a drop with a damn elemental bonus. I had zero on my DH the whole time, only got my first fire damage bonus on him by making Reapers Wraps lol. Still on the hunt for Magefists and a good Amulet. At least I know have a Cindercoat and Prides Fall.

Add me if want, VWdrewzBie #6802. Wouldn't mind checking your DH.

Dahbomb

FYI the order in which the bonuses are given:

Skill Bonus (stuff like +% Cluster Arrow damage) > Elemental damage bonus > Elite damage bonus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom