• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dahbomb

Is it worth it to put any paragon points into area damage? I'm a Wave of force lightning wiz.
Area damage is pretty damn good.

Resource Cost reduction is solid for some build. Life on hit not bad for classes like Monk who just have to hit a lot sometimes to sustain themselves (you get over 4K life on hit from Paragon points which is pretty solid).

TTOOLL

Finally got my Magefist and I also have a bracer that gives me 14% fire damage.
My question is, since I'm stacking fire damage is it necessary to have a weapon with fire damage in it? Maybe it's a dumb question but the items say that "fire skills" do more damage, I'm not sure if weapons with fire damage would stack too.

My question is, since I'm stacking fire damage is it necessary to have a weapon with fire damage in it? Maybe it's a dumb question but the items say that "fire skills" do more damage, I'm not sure if weapons with fire damage would stack too.

The element on your weapon means absolutely nothing outside of a passive for crusaders that benefits from holy being the damage type.

Check the runes of the moves you want to use. If it says its of the fire type/has flames in the background it gets a boost.

Tarazet

If you mean like 1100-1400 Fire Damage, no. But if you can get something with a fire proc, that will be buffed by fire skills affixes.

Some weapons increase fire dmg by % like Sankis Axe. Stacking is elemental dmg is amazing. Best Is to stack (even one piece only each) elemental dmg, % more dmg dealt to elites, and % more dmg dealt by X skill you use.

The way the math works is in such ways that the multipliers will be better if you have 3 times 15% dmg from each source than 3 times 15% from fire .

Elemental and elite and skill dmg are invisible dps as its not taken into the dps calcutlor. But trust me, the numbers you will see on elites bosses are so worth it. You can Literaly double the actual dmg you deal on Spenders with good focused gear. Cluster arrow build for DH is good example: the multipliers are so big that they make the number skyrocket.

Get a cinder coat for wiz by spending shards at kadala on chest piece

That's actually something I want to address. I hardly see anyone active nowadays in primary GAF clan.

There's more than 1? How many members can a clan have?

Also, there are some people here that are pretty active and wouldn't mind an invite ;)

You play the game until one drops. It is literally that easy

I don't think you're using the correct word. It's SIMPLE, but not easy. Obtaining some of the rarest gear in the game is anything but easy. In some cases, you're completely powerless and it's nigh impossible.

Dahbomb

I am generally pretty active but I have been unable to play lately due to the lag/server issues. Every time I log in, I get stutter, lag and then disconnect. Has been unplayable for me for a few days.

I also really hope there's a patch coming for the game soon. I think I might play a Wizard just for the fun... I could use new Legendaries to fill my collection (which is pretty much full now, I guess I have to start making mules).

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
There's more than 1? How many members can a clan have?

Also, there are some people here that are pretty active and wouldn't mind an invite ;)

There are three, 150 each.

Cutting numbers is tricky. There isn't a way to get someone's last login time from the clan interface. Closest would be looking up the battle.net profile, but there isn't a way to get battletags for clan members last time I checked. They weren't kidding when they said it was a first pass implementation.

Minimum paragon levels would be a reasonable start.

I'm out of town for a while here, no PC for me.

Xanathus

There are three, 150 each.

Cutting numbers is tricky. There isn't a way to get someone's last login time from the clan interface. Closest would be looking up the battle.net profile, but there isn't a way to get battletags for clan members last time I checked. They weren't kidding when they said it was a first pass implementation.

Minimum paragon levels would be a reasonable start.

I'm out of town for a while here, no PC for me.

Like I said, just make a clan post and thread post about cutting members and ask them to PM you or make a post in the clan thread. If they're not active enough to read the clan post within a week or two, they're not active enough to be in the clan.

ElyrionX

Just looked through the list of chest legendaries. Jesus christ, there are like two pieces (Cindercoat and the sader-only Armor of the Kind Regent) that are interesting. The rest are worthless. WTF.

Dahbomb

Just looked through the list of chest legendaries. Jesus christ, there are like two pieces (Cindercoat and the sader-only Armor of the Kind Regent) that are interesting. The rest are worthless. WTF.
At least chests have Cindercoat... Shoulders have...

Greens.

CRA5H

Some weapons increase fire dmg by % like Sankis Axe. Stacking is elemental dmg is amazing. Best Is to stack (even one piece only each) elemental dmg, % more dmg dealt to elites, and % more dmg dealt by X skill you use.

The way the math works is in such ways that the multipliers will be better if you have 3 times 15% dmg from each source than 3 times 15% from fire .

Elemental and elite and skill dmg are invisible dps as its not taken into the dps calcutlor. But trust me, the numbers you will see on elites bosses are so worth it. You can Literaly double the actual dmg you deal on Spenders with good focused gear. Cluster arrow build
Get a cinder coat for wiz by spending shards at kadala on chest piece
Elemental DMG melts enemies for me. I have my monk at 108% fire and my light wiz at 93%. I don't even have a Soj for any of them so I can't wait to get one with the right rolls.

I put in thousands and thousands of shards for a cindercoat and and odyn son to no success. Then last night, both dropped for me. Cindercoat by a rift guardian and odyn son from a mob during an act 1 bounty.
Honestly, I'm taking it as an apology from Kadala for all the bad luck I've had for the past month. I should have bought a lottery ticket last night.

Why (or is there?) is there no equivalent for cindercoat or magefist but for lightning? I feel like once you get a cindercoat you may as well do a fire build...

Tarazet

Why (or is there?) is there no equivalent for cindercoat or magefist but for lightning? I feel like once you get a cindercoat you may as well do a fire build...

The equivalents would be Thundergod's Vigor, Odyn Son. The issue with Thundergod's, however, is that Witching Hour exists to buff up fire builds' vanilla damage, and there's no vanilla awesomesauce chestpiece to make it a fair trade for lightning.

ElyrionX

Does anyone here play on max settings and manage to sustain 60 fps in 4-player games when fights get intense? My framerate is 60fps in small fights and everywhere else but when things get busy, it dips to as low as 20fps at times. I'm running a 560Ti and have turned off Reflections as well as moving Shadows to Medium and it still dips a lot. Thinking of upgrading my graphics card just for this. Any advice?

Azulsky

It's the 4 pc, so need a RoRG to get it with 3 pieces.

Ah yes.

On another note, Carnevil voodoo mask is pretty fun. I figured I already had decent AS(2) and was already hitting the pet CC cap(50%) so I went with the Fetish passive + Fetish Army skill and its pretty effective. Beats Spirit Barrage spam.

Does the Zunimassa set final bonus affect Fetishes summoned by your Syncophant passive or just the Fetish Army summoned ones?

Does anyone here play on max settings and manage to sustain 60 fps in 4-player games when fights get intense? My framerate is 60fps in small fights and everywhere else but when things get busy, it dips to as low as 20fps at times. I'm running a 560Ti and have turned off Reflections as well as moving Shadows to Medium and it still dips a lot. Thinking of upgrading my graphics card just for this. Any advice?

I think to some extent its just lagging because of it trying to update. I get lag with the jump barbs and high cdr woh wizards. Im led to believe this because the game is not making full utilization of my video cards by any means.

But a 560TI is pretty old at this point. If you want to make a solid jump for not too much $$$ the GTX 760 is a good deal for an Nvidia Card. You can ask around in the PC thread they will set you straight

TTOOLL

Elemental DMG melts enemies for me. I have my monk at 108% fire and my light wiz at 93%. I don't even have a Soj for any of them so I can't wait to get one with the right rolls.

I put in thousands and thousands of shards for a cindercoat and and odyn son to no success. Then last night, both dropped for me. Cindercoat by a rift guardian and odyn son from a mob during an act 1 bounty.
Honestly, I'm taking it as an apology from Kadala for all the bad luck I've had for the past month. I should have bought a lottery ticket last night.

wow, how do you have 108%? Would you mind posting your profile?

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
What exactly is Paragon Profile? I get these every 10 Paragon levels "New Profile unlocked" or something like that. But i dont see anything different or new anywhere.

Maledict

What exactly is Paragon Profile? I get these every 10 Paragon levels "New Profile unlocked" or something like that. But i dont see anything different or new anywhere.

It's the banner around your character portrait in game and on the selection screen. as you level up it will turn silver then gol and become more ornate. That continues until you hit paragon level 100.

After the last patch, it now upgrades further with some really cheesy looking stars for every 100 paragon levels you gain after the first 100.

ZenaxPure

That's actually something I want to address. I hardly see anyone active nowadays in primary GAF clan. Heck I've had days with less than 5 people online and I don't even see clan officers being active.

By "days" I'm going to assume you mean early in the morning when everyone is asleep. Cause I am on every single day and I'd say the night crowd is usually 20 to 30 people on average, every day. I can honestly say I've never seen less than 5 people online unless it was early in the morning.

With that said... I don't disagree really, 20 to 30 people out of 150 is not very much, it'd probably make sense to purge a bit for more active people that want in. I think starting with low paragon level folk per Raticus' suggestion isn't a bad start (outside of people we know for a fact are active obviously). Looking through the offline clan list there is a shit load of people I don't recognize who are also less than plvl 100 which says a lot considering how jokes it is to get to 100 in RoS.

I have a friend who never hit 60 in the base game (so no plvls at all till RoS) and has one max level with 15 hours/54 minutes played who is already paragon level 70. We have people in the clan that aren't even plvl 70.

scy

I hate to break it to you then but the Smite-chest is pretty bad too.

By "days" I'm going to assume you mean early in the morning when everyone is asleep. Cause I am on every single day and I'd say the night crowd is usually 20 to 30 people on average, every day. I can honestly say I've never seen less than 5 people online unless it was early in the morning.

With that said... I don't disagree really, 20 to 30 people out of 150 is not very much, it'd probably make sense to purge a bit for more active people that want in. I think starting with low paragon level folk per Raticus' suggestion isn't a bad start (outside of people we know for a fact are active obviously). Looking through the offline clan list there is a shit load of people I don't recognize who are also less than plvl 100 which says a lot considering how jokes it is to get to 100 in RoS.

I have a friend who never hit 60 in the base game (so no plvls at all till RoS) and has one max level with 15 hours/54 minutes played who is already paragon level 70. We have people in the clan that aren't even plvl 70.

Ill take an invite after said purge. Only paragon 154 but I play everyday after work for 2hours or so and as much as I can on weekends.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
It's the banner around your character portrait in game and on the selection screen. as you level up it will turn silver then gol and become more ornate. That continues until you hit paragon level 100.

After the last patch, it now upgrades further with some really cheesy looking stars for every 100 paragon levels you gain after the first 100.

So the fact that i'm getting these "New Profile" warnings at lvl 110 and 120 is just a glitch?

I think you are just mis-reading what it says. I think it is "new paragon portrait unlocked", each time you gain 10 paragon levels, a new character portrait is unlocked, which is displayed in the top left corner.

Slow morning for RiF runners it seems.

scy

I think you are just mis-reading what it says. I think it is "new paragon portrait unlocked", each time you gain 10 paragon levels, a new character portrait is unlocked, which is displayed in the top left corner.

Slow morning for RiF runners it seems.

To be fair, this does keep popping up on 10 level intervals when it shouldn't.

Dahbomb

The portrait thing is a left over from when paragon levels were capped at 100 per character. You got a new portrait for every 10 levels.

ElyrionX

I think to some extent its just lagging because of it trying to update. I get lag with the jump barbs and high cdr woh wizards. Im led to believe this because the game is not making full utilization of my video cards by any means.

But a 560TI is pretty old at this point. If you want to make a solid jump for not too much $$$ the GTX 760 is a good deal for an Nvidia Card. You can ask around in the PC thread they will set you straight

That's the problem. It's a bit hard to diferentiate between network lags and graphics lags.

Dahbomb

I hate to break it to you then but the Smite-chest is pretty bad too.
Still more interesting than the other Legendary chests.

Well the one that gives you 100% crit chance when you are low is decent if you don't have green chests or Cindercoat yet.

scy

I use Heaven's Fury (Blessed Ground) + Bowmen if I need the extra single-target damage. Otherwise, I use Shield Glare (Divine Verdict) for the Damage Bonus when grouped instead of Bowmen.

why does everyone else have a Holy Gyrfalcon's ;__;

Deadly

I use Heaven's Fury (Blessed Ground) + Bowmen if I need the extra single-target damage. Otherwise, I use Shield Glare (Divine Verdict) for the Damage Bonus when grouped instead of Bowmen.

why does everyone else have a Holy Gyrfalcon's ;__;
At least you have a Gyrfalcon's ;-;

Dahbomb

First world Diablo problems:

*Man I really want a Legendary shield right about now.

*Gets Crusader Legendary shield.

Eh... it's alright but I REALLY want a Jokanbord.

*Gets Jokanbord with +4 to Shields.

Eh... it's alright but I REALLY want a Jokanbord with +6 to Shields.

*Gets Jokanbord with +6 Shields.

Eh... it's alright... but I REALLY REALLY want a Gyrfalcon right now.

*Gets Gyrfalcon.

Eh... it's alright but I REALLY REALLY REALLY want a Gyrfalcon with good rolls.

*Gets Gyrfalcon with good rolls

Eh... it's alright but I REALLY REALLY REALLY NEED a Gyrfalcon with Holy damage + good rolls.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Still more interesting than the other Legendary chests.

Well the one that gives you 100% crit chance when you are low is decent if you don't have green chests or Cindercoat yet.

That chest armor works especially well with rogars huge stone and crusaders indestructible passive

joesmokey

First world Diablo problems:

*Man I really want a Legendary shield right about now.

*Gets Crusader Legendary shield.

Eh... it's alright but I REALLY want a Jokanbord.

*Gets Jokanbord with +4 to Shields.

Eh... it's alright but I REALLY want a Jokanbord with +6 to Shields.

*Gets Jokanbord with +6 Shields.

Eh... it's alright... but I REALLY REALLY want a Gyrfalcon right now.

*Gets Gyrfalcon.

Eh... it's alright but I REALLY REALLY REALLY want a Gyrfalcon with good rolls.

*Gets Gyrfalcon with good rolls

Eh... it's alright but I REALLY REALLY REALLY NEED a Gyrfalcon with Holy damage + good rolls.
That's what it's like to play with scy. If you don't have the absolute best-in-slot gear with perfect rolls, your gear is merely ok :).

Dahbomb

Hey man I am like that too.

I went from really wanting Magefists/Cindercoat to really wanting RROG to really wanting Pride's Fall, Natalya Set, Marauder set etc.

I have no idea what I am going to do if I get Nat Slayer + Nat Boots and Marauder Pants + Shoulders. Probably start a new class I guess or hope for better versions of those pieces.

Dahbomb

I mean, sure, but it's also the single largest damage upgrade I can get so it's more of a "I need this one item and nothing else does anything" and not really a luxury care :(
I think many people are in the same boat. Only way I can get a legitimate upgrade is if I get a Nat's Slayer (which I can combine with Calamity and my Nats Boots for a significant damage upgrade) or a Marauder Spaulder.

I think these might be a bit easier after the patch which is why I am waiting for them. Will just probably do Split Bounties for the chance to get Sets although my guess is that the chance would still be insanely low. Like it's already really hard to get standard Legendaries from Caches (they are weighted so you get the Cache Legendaries more often), it would be even harder to get Sets. Just a chance of pace really.

joesmokey

I think these might be a bit easier after the patch which is why I am waiting for them. Will just probably do Split Bounties for the chance to get Sets although my guess is that the chance would still be insanely low. Like it's already really hard to get standard Legendaries from Caches (they are weighted so you get the Cache Legendaries more often), it would be even harder to get Sets. Just a chance of pace really.
I will probably stick to bounties too as at t6 it would be much more enjoyable to be able to target which enemy mobs you deal with. I can't deal with another t6 map full of Corrupted Angel, Anarch, and Winged Assassin elite types.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom