• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElyrionX

The new Tal Rasha set is really great. I love the flavour and the fact that it encourages multi-element and multi active skill builds. It's really what I wanted from the class.

Talaysen

What legendary gems are you Tal'rasha Wizards using right now? I'm struggling to pick.

Bane of the Trapped, Esoteric Alteration, and Molten Wildebeest's Gizzard

I tend to play somewhat defensively in general, though, so I'm using more defensive gems. The gem that boosts damage based on range is probably good too.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
God, such a massive difference with the new WD jade 2pc. From just running around like a headless chicken waiting for soul harvest to refresh to spamming 750m+ haunts. Can't wait to try the new zunis once I refarm the gear.

Yup, I've been using it to help my tiki doc do a bit more damage. Not nearly as dramatic a boost as with quetzecoatl, but it's handy.

Vicros

Anyone else having the game crash on them? I've had two hard locks tonight near the end of greater rifts. I've never had this happen before and it sucks. Especially with the season starting tomorrow.

eek5

Anyone else having the game crash on them? I've had two hard locks tonight near the end of greater rifts. I've never had this happen before and it sucks. Especially with the season starting tomorrow.

A hot fix caused it. Don't play if you're on HC bros

We just launched a recent hotfix and started to see major reports afterwards of this issue is occurring for a lot of players. We are looking into trying to resolve it as quickly as possible and ask all players to keep upto date on our Diablo III Technical Support forums: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/5386227/
Our developers should have this issue resolved soon! I must cover this topic as to your hardcore character dying, Customer Service doesn't have the power to even restore hardcorre characters. I would recommend to voice your feedback to our developers about this issue, to let them know if you find it unfair as the death could of be due to the crash: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/3354739/
Thank you very much for your patience in the matter.

eek5

lol, that's great. I wonder if any other speed builds using in-geom will come up for T6.

It's fast as shit even without in-geom. The key piece in the t6 farm is the envious blade.

Hopefully I can find an ancient in-geom though, being able to spam dash is sweet.

Dahbomb

This looks awesome, going to have to give this a shot. "God Monk" by Quin69(youtube link)

Holy shit @ this build!

Bo2BG.gif

This playstyle reminds me of playing with hacked characters in D2 LMAO!

Radec

This looks awesome, going to have to give this a shot. "God Monk" by Quin69(youtube link)

jesus.. Torment 6 now feels like Torment 1 if you have build.

Ancient In-Geom looks like a bitch to drop tho.

I'm still undecided on what to roll in S3.

Barb - Screw this, no mortrick's.

DH - While Whirlwind Nats DH Build is fun and fast on T6, I don't see this viable on GR40+. Or maybe my gear is just so unoptimized lol.

Wiz - Build I've seen from gabynator looks strong.

Monk - I ran Monk in S2, but I'm tempted to run this again because Monks is much stronger in S3 than they were in S2. And monks in S2 are amazing.

WD - Pet Doc seems strong as well, and laid back. Can also be turned into a zdps doc for high group GR.

Crusader - lol.

So basically Wiz, Monk, Doc.

argh..

Tenebrous

Bane of the Trapped, Esoteric Alteration, and Molten Wildebeest's Gizzard

I tend to play somewhat defensively in general, though, so I'm using more defensive gems. The gem that boosts damage based on range is probably good too.

Yeah I've been looking at the new defensive gems, and they are pretty interesting change of pace. Considering most of my progression now seems to be halted by death moreso than a lack of damage, I think I'll try this out.

eek5

I'm probably going to skip monk this season. I have nearly all ancient gear for both sets and shit. If I wanted to farm for perfect items makes more sense to just farm fast with the chars I have now. Thinking about doing WD since S1 WD really let me down but might do Barb or Wiz. Haven't played barb since vanilla and only briefly played Wiz in S1 after I realized how fucked WD was lol

ElyrionX

I must say that they have absolutely hit the sweet spot for game balance with the T6 rift + grift structure. So many viable builds for people who just want to farm T6 and then there are the grifts for the people who want to see how high they can push their builds. It's really great.

I have enjoyed the game since day one of vanilla but the current state of affairs is truly excellent and perhaps the best it's ever been.

eek5

I must say that they have absolutely hit the sweet spot for game balance with the T6 rift + grift structure. So many viable builds for people who just want to farm T6 and then there are the grifts for the people who want to see how high they can push their builds. It's really great.

I have enjoyed the game since day one of vanilla but the current state of affairs is truly excellent and perhaps the best it's ever been.

Yeah it's in a pretty sweet spot right now. Now if they'd fix the stash issue....

Part of the reason why I like playing seasons is so I get fresh, empty tabs to play with lol

Makes gearing up a fresh/underplayed class a lot easier

Firemind

I still think it's assinine you can only trade with people in your party, smart drops so your party is less likely to find something you want and the fact you can't gamble specific weapons from Kadala. How am I even going to find one, never mind two, BK mighty weapon?

Addnan

I still think it's assinine you can only trade with people in your party, smart drops so your party is less likely to find something you want and the fact you can't gamble specific weapons from Kadala. How am I even going to find one, never mind two, BK mighty weapon?
Keep farming :p

Patch has only been out few days so hardly spent a lot of time looking.

ElyrionX

Yeah it's in a pretty sweet spot right now. Now if they'd fix the stash issue....

Part of the reason why I like playing seasons is so I get fresh, empty tabs to play with lol

Makes gearing up a fresh/underplayed class a lot easier

I have six mules for three characters. And still run into issues damnit.

My hoarding tendencies have paid off a couple of times already tthough. The latest being having a full set of TR ready to go when the patch hit. And those pieces were kept before they even announced they were changing the set.

Tenebrous

I agree almost entirely. I still feel the game needs higher torment levels, and G-rifts need tweaking (especially the stupid trials), but overall, the game is the best its been since launch.

Celegus

Oh? I thought Crusaders were doing well in 2.2.

Roland's is pretty decent now, but there's not a ton of build variety since we only have the two sets. It's super fun though! I'm hoping for an Ashbringer to get some monstrous crits, I'm already doing close to 3bill with Shield Bash.

Boogdud

God, such a massive difference with the new WD jade 2pc. From just running around like a headless chicken waiting for soul harvest to refresh to spamming 750m+ haunts. Can't wait to try the new zunis once I refarm the gear.

So what build/stats are you using for 2pc zuni? I have an old pet WD that used to be hot stuff (jeram, tnt, hom, finger, etc.), he's kind of petering out at low 30s for grifts, but to be fair to him I haven't played him at all (or any other char for that matter) since the introduction of grifts.

My crusader is the same way, shotgun build that used to dominate T6, but farts out at like 31 grift either due to bad luck or density. I'd like to get them higher but I've been out of the game so long I'm not sure what to go for.

RS4-

Lol my geom is INT, my envious is str.

edit - I'm going to make the Michael Bay build for monk: dashing strike and EP

Looks like I'm stuck trying to pick between wizard or dh. I don't really want to play melee classes and I have thousands of hours on my ns wd already.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Looks like I'm stuck trying to pick between wizard or dh. I don't really want to play melee classes and I have thousands of hours on my ns wd already.

From a min/maxing perspective, it seems like demon hunters will be more powerful and easier to play (wizards have to be conscious of those rotations). They're pretty much on par now, but demon hunters have dead man's legacy coming up (double multishot hits against enemies under 50-60% health).

For T6 (and speed GR), the demon hunters have this:
http://www.diablofans.com/builds/53651-2-2-natalya-strafe-speedfarm
(video in the link)

I'm curious to see if any top builds wind up using the obsidian ring of the zodiac. The new condition's a lot more limited. "Your first hit with each cast of a resource-spending attack reduces the remaining cooldown of one of your skills by 1 second", so no spamming mantras, etc.

Robin64

Sod it, going Wizard this season. (Only just over an hour to go!)

Also, quite funny, noticed the Feat of Strength for Blizzcon 2014 has a "need icon for this" icon, with a nice bright magenta background. Woops.

MedIC86

What is most viable for wizard since 2.2? anyone has a video or link? i've tried searching but cant find anything usefull really.

Lain

Got 5 pieces of the new Wizard Slow Time set (the torso piece wont drop yet), repurposed a shitty old slow time wand and found a so-so Triumvirate and it's not too bad. Finding the sixth piece would let me remove the RROG for some other better ring, though I don't have the best rings in my stash. I never managed to find a fire SOJ, I only have an old Focus with no Restraint so I guess I'd use the Halo I found if the torso drops before some nice ring.

Anyways, I'm finding the Slow-Time gameplay kinda nice, though remembering to throw around some magic missile to keep up the Arcane Orb buff is something I find a bit annoying. I tried spicing things up using Mirror Images (the multiple bubbles right off the bat is a nice thing) but using Tornado along with Arcane Orb and Magic Missile seemed to make my do better.

GR Guardians have been assholes to me. I can't go too high like many of you (my top solo was 34 or 35 with Firebird) but seeing one of those assholes die and only drop 1 single leg makes me cry (meanwhile my friend was happy since it dropped 5 for him).

Interesting gem choices. Zeis (multiplicative damage) and Taeguk would be more offensive surely? and powerful is just bad outside of T6.

I've never been good determining what gems would be best with the math on them. Just tossed in what looked decent. I'll have to look more closely at it when other people come out with UE builds. Taeguk is probably pretty good for it though.

Addnan

I've never been good determining what gems would be best with the math on them. Just tossed in what looked decent. I'll have to look more closely at it when other people come out with UE builds. Taeguk is probably pretty good for it though.

Well for DH trapped and Zeis are always used. They provide an insane amount of dps so assume those will be used. Taeuguk can be hard to maintain but it's a nice amount of additive damage.

RS4-

Actually got an ancient geom to drop a few mins after my last post, just not sure what to roll.

Thinking I might just keep the RCR and do the dmg so it goes from 2777.4 to 3126; but rerolling dmg is such a shit show.

Addnan

Actually got an ancient geom to drop a few mins after my last post, just not sure what to roll.

Thinking I might just keep the RCR and do the dmg so it goes from 2777.4 to 3126; but rerolling dmg is such a shit show.

cdr might be best on it. It's only useful for T6 farming so really too much damage isn't needed. cdr for the downtime of the proc

Monk/WD for me, just don't want to deal with the rotation for Tal Rasha on Wiz. Barb will probably be strong but played it so much last season and just bored with it. Still have zero interest in the DH, not sure why.

Radec

Avoid and friends are just doing T6 Act 2 - Black Soulstone - Realm of Shadow Quest.

Just find and pick up the body of Zoltun and instant exp.

Currently lvl 37~..

They just need a DH runner or something.

Nope, NA is 6pm Pacific tonight. Here's a countdown:

t1428714000z4.png

oh yeah..

still, I'm not gonna be around when it launch. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom