• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Guys.

murky-week-featured-box.jpg

Murky is love. Murky is life.

All hail the Nephalok

Requested to join the GAF overflow clan

Trainman#1183

Why the overflow? There's like 4 people on every night in the main clan. Surely some room can be made?

Yeah, better to go for the main one. I'd be surprised if there's anyone still around to handle requests for overflow.

Raticus79

How much more bloodborne do I get to play before the next patch and season? :p

Four days to the season 3 end on Sunday, then five days to finish inventory+character cleanup before season 4 starts Friday. Patch would be on the Tuesday in between.

Season 3 will be ending at the following dates and times for each region:
North America: Sunday, August 23 @ 5:00 p.m. PDT
Europe: Sunday, August 23 @ 5:00 p.m. CEST
Asia: Sunday, August 23 @ 5:00 p.m. KST

(Patch Tuesday Aug 25)

Season 4 will be starting shortly after at the following dates and times for each region:
North America: Friday, August 28 @ 5:00 p.m. PDT
Europe: Friday, August 28 @ 5:00 p.m. CEST
Asia: Friday, August 28 @ 5:00 p.m. KST

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/19842943/season-3-ending-soon-8-7-2015#interseason

VoxPop

Nice its finally happening :D

Love the new end game stuff like the cube so I won't get bored and uninstall after the race to 70. I never gave D3 my full love like I did D2. Hopefully this patch adds a much needed breath of fresh air into this game.

Four days to the season 3 end on Sunday, then five days to finish inventory+character cleanup before season 4 starts Friday. Patch would be on the Tuesday in between.

Season 3 will be ending at the following dates and times for each region:
North America: Sunday, August 23 @ 5:00 p.m. PDT
Europe: Sunday, August 23 @ 5:00 p.m. CEST
Asia: Sunday, August 23 @ 5:00 p.m. KST

(Patch Tuesday Aug 25)

Season 4 will be starting shortly after at the following dates and times for each region:
North America: Friday, August 28 @ 5:00 p.m. PDT
Europe: Friday, August 28 @ 5:00 p.m. CEST
Asia: Friday, August 28 @ 5:00 p.m. KST

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/19842943/season-3-ending-soon-8-7-2015#interseason

See you all Tuesday in prep for Friday!

I just beat NG with the secret ending and boss. I've finished a little less than half the chalice rituals. NG+ I'm mowing through. I think I'll just do some more chalice dungeons unless I get a major itch to finish my NG+ game. Anyway I"m happy enough for a while with bloodborne and could use some D3 to fill my time until the next game drops for me on PS4. This fall and winter lineup looks terrible though. Maybe Starwars. I can't seem to get excited for MGSV at all.

Logged in after work during peak hour since forever, got the nexus achievement for a pennant + nexus portrait. I was the only one on lol.

Looking forward to the temporary spike in activity on live next week!

Xanathus

Logged in after work during peak hour since forever, got the nexus achievement for a pennant + nexus portrait. I was the only one on lol.

Looking forward to the temporary spike in activity on live next week!
I'm not seeing the stuff, is it from Diablo or HoS? edit: oh I see that you have to actually enter a game for it to trigger because it's a game achievement

So as a european solo player (my bf stopped playing), how attainable are the cosmetic rewards for the season?
If you get someone to power level you and help with the achievements, it'll only take a few hours.

ZenaxPure

I'm not seeing the stuff, is it from Diablo or HoS?

Cross promotion, goes both ways.

Get level 12 in hots: Unique portrait frame and pennant in D3.
Own D3 on PC: Get Diablo for free in hots.
Reach level 70 with a seasonal character (starting in S4) on D3: Get a unique mount in hots.

Anyhow, I've been logging on a lot lately but I decided to take a break and play FF type 0 on PC (since it just came out on Steam). I came too late into S3 to make any real progress so I'm just going to hang out until the season ends.

So as a european solo player (my bf stopped playing), how attainable are the cosmetic rewards for the season?

Took me around 12hours when I did it last week, getting powerleveled to 70 by random people in the seasonal powerleveling community then soloing the rest. Can definitely be done faster as both the powerleveling and the grinding were not the most efficient, and realistically if you could find someone really willing to carry you, you could be done in like 2hours top. If you don't want to get powerlvled, add like 4hours or whatever to the time I mentionned, and the time might vary depending on the class you pick and your luck with drops(I had pretty good luck with sets and picked the easiest class to gear quickly in S3 I think, Barb).

Hedge

Took me around 12hours when I did it last week, getting powerleveled to 70 by random people in the seasonal powerleveling community then soloing the rest. Can definitely be done faster as both the powerleveling and the grinding were not the most efficient, and realistically if you could find someone really willing to carry you, you could be done in like 2hours top. If you don't want to get powerlvled, add like 4hours or whatever to the time I mentionned, and the time might vary depending on the class you pick and your luck with drops(I had pretty good luck with sets and picked the easiest class to gear quickly in S3 I think, Barb).

Ah I see. I don't want to get powerlevelled, because that's just not how I play.
And I can't play with randoms, because they don't take kindly to being AFK randomly (which I have to be able to).

But that doesn't sound so terrible. I was afraid they'd take weeks of intense grinding. This sounds more like it will take a few weeks for a casual solo player like myself. I hope you are right. Now I just have to pick a class.

Ah I see. I don't want to get powerlevelled, because that's just not how I play.
And I can't play with randoms, because they don't take kindly to being AFK randomly (which I have to be able to).

But that doesn't sound so terrible. I was afraid they'd take weeks of intense grinding. This sounds more like it will take a few weeks for a casual solo player like myself. I hope you are right. Now I just have to pick a class.

Well if you mean S4 yeah it's np, if you mean S3, there's only a few days left so that could be hard to do.

Otherwise the game is relatively solo friendly, as long as you're not trying to compete for conquest leaderboards or greater rift leaderboards, since both are going to be dominated by people playing in groups(even the GR solo leaderboard will eventually be dominated by group people due to the massive xp bonus in groups with the new xp gear changes). Can easily get the season goals done in a couple of weeks of very casual play.

Leveling to cap is very fast now, getting the right items will be faster than it's ever been with the cube and the achievements required for season rewards are on the low side anyway(like for S3 all you needed to be able to do was clear GR25 and torment 5 or so, which is way way lower than the maximum).

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I'm not burned out (I've only been playing again for a couple of weeks) but I have no interest in playing until the patch, I guess that's normal? :/

Lain

I'm not burned out (I've only been playing again for a couple of weeks) but I have no interest in playing until the patch, I guess that's normal? :/

That's normal, especially when the patch isn't that far away and it's going to change and add some cool stuff.

MrDaravon

My laptop GPU died, so if I need to be removed from the GAF clan for a while to make room go ahead. I'm hoping to build a new PC at the start of next month, but that's going to depend on my work situation (aka whether or not I have one) so even best case scenario I'll be out for a bit :(. Looking forward to having eek powerlevel me later thx

Celegus

My laptop GPU died, so if I need to be removed from the GAF clan for a while to make room go ahead. I'm hoping to build a new PC at the start of next month, but that's going to depend on my work situation (aka whether or not I have one) so even best case scenario I'll be out for a bit :(. Looking forward to having eek powerlevel me later thx

Oh no! Hope it all works out and we see you soon!

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
calling on experts:

for this set of rings to proc, it needs a resource spending skill (mana in WD case) for 50% and then a resource gaining / primary skill for the other 50%

I dont use a primary skill, but would the Rush of Essence (spirit spells regain 100 mana) effect on Haunt (a spirit spell) count as "gaining resource"? if so Haunt would count as both spending and gaining resource so it should proc the 100%

or am I wrong?

calling on experts:

for this set of rings to proc, it needs a resource spending skill (mana in WD case) for 50% and then a resource gaining / primary skill for the other 50%

I dont use a primary skill, but would the Rush of Essence (spirit spells regain 100 mana) effect on Haunt (a spirit spell) count as "gaining resource"? if so Haunt would count as both spending and gaining resource so it should proc the 100%

or am I wrong?

Even if a skill gives back mana, it's not necessarily a primary. Primary are in their own category and it only works with these, for the WD those are specifically poison dart, firebomb, jar of spiders and plague of toads. Anything else, even if it gives mana back, doesn't actually proc focus/restraint(well the primary part, haunt would proc the spending part obviously). They're very strong and very common set of rings a lot of people use, and especially with the cube coming to cube rorg or unity effects, they'll be even more common, but they do force you to use those spells.

Rhaknar

Even if a skill gives back mana, it's not necessarily a primary. Primary are in their own category and it only works with these, for the WD those are specifically poison dart, firebomb, jar of spiders and plague of toads. Anything else, even if it gives mana back, doesn't actually proc focus/restraint(well the primary part, haunt would proc the spending part obviously). They're very strong and very common set of rings a lot of people use, and especially with the cube coming to cube rorg or unity effects, they'll be even more common, but they do force you to use those spells.

I know what primary skills are. The set says:

Set:
When you hit with a resource-generating attack or primary skill, deal 50% increased damage for 5 seconds.

Haunt with the passive is a resource-generating attack. Hence my question. I didnt mistake it for a primary. So what "resource-generating attacks" are there that arent primary?

I know what primary skills are. The set says:

Set:
When you hit with a resource-generating attack or primary skill, deal 50% increased damage for 5 seconds.

Haunt with the passive is a resource-generating attack. Hence my question. I didnt mistake it for a primary. So what "resource-generating attacks" are there that arent primary?

Oh there are in fact exceptions looking into it, but it's not everything that generates ressources, so the actual list might be...hard to find. Based on the skills that I've seen mentionned, it needs to be a skill that generates ressources without a rune(for example barb has a bunch of them) as well as a skill that's not in the defensive section(a bunch of barb skills generate fury in that section like warcry which from what I read doesn't proc).

I would say for WD, there's no skill that fits the bill, as far as I remember.

In fact taking a look at every class skills, the only one that seems to work and the only one I've seen mentionned that's not a primary is Furious Charge from barbs, since it's not defensive, does damage and generates fury on the base skill.

Firemind

New crusader looks sweet but I don't think you can keep casting falling swords with it without casting hammers every once and a while, not even with Cam's Rebuttal. Rapid Descent even has a clause of cannot be reduced below 10 seconds lol.

Barb has no new set.

Don't know what I should roll now.

Is it still possible to get enough reduced cooldown to go infinite archon?

ZenaxPure

Barb has no new set.

For archon they are redesigning the set to make it so you don't want exactly 100% uptime so infinite archon isn't much of an issue. The Chantodo set now gives your archon a passive pulsing AOE damage wave. When you are outside of archon form any normal attack will increase the damage of that wave by 350% and it stacks up to 20 times. So basically you need to spend enough time out of archon to get max stacks and then go back into archon.

Also dunno if you saw but for barbs we are getting new bracers for both HoTA and SS. Those bracers + the buff to the IK set may as well be new "sets" lol. People have managed to break into the GR 60s with both SS and HoTA builds so they are both pretty good. WW is probably still going to be at the very tip top of the leaderboard but it won't be a huge gap like it is currently.

New crusader looks sweet but I don't think you can keep casting falling swords with it without casting hammers every once and a while, not even with Cam's Rebuttal. Rapid Descent even has a clause of cannot be reduced below 10 seconds lol.

Barb has no new set.

Judging from the few wiz videos I've seen, it's not perma archon, but you stay out of archon for like 5seconds or something, not sure how it works but apparently it refreshes near instantly once you're out. Build also seems pretty viable even though it was nerfed a decent bit.

For Falling Sword, you wouldn't be able to chain cast it anyway cause the cooldown starts when it lands rather than when you use it, to prevent that specific thing. They made the change to every skills like that(such as Seven Sided Strikes) to prevent invulnerability states. Also the build seems fairly reliant on hammers for general damage and stuff anyway. It looks like it's a 2 core ability build, similar to Wastes being Rend+Whirlwind or Uliana being Palm+SSS.

Firemind

For archon they are redesigning the set to make it so you don't want exactly 100% uptime so infinite archon isn't much of an issue. The Chantodo set now gives your archon a passive pulsing AOE damage wave. When you are outside of archon form any normal attack will increase the damage of that wave by 350% and it stacks up to 20 times. So basically you need to spend enough time out of archon to get max stacks and then go back into archon.
Judging from the few wiz videos I've seen, it's not perma archon, but you stay out of archon for like 5seconds or something, not sure how it works but apparently it refreshes near instantly once you're out. Build also seems pretty viable even though it was nerfed a decent bit.
Yeah, I've done some research and they nerfed the archon belt quite a bit. I hear Tal is still the go to wizard set for high GRs, so pretty disappointing.

I don't really want to roll barb. Without the BK set, WWing is painfully slow. I don't think I could take it. It took me a long time to get both BK swords; one of them kept dropping all the time lol. Can't imagine how long ancient must take. Maybe I'll try HOTA this time. Sword and Board!

Yeah, I've done some research and they nerfed the archon belt quite a bit. I hear Tal is still the go to wizard set for high GRs, so pretty disappointing.

I don't really want to roll barb. Without the BK set, WWing is painfully slow. I don't think I could take it. It took me a long time to get both BK swords; one of them kept dropping all the time lol. Can't imagine how long ancient must take. Maybe I'll try HOTA this time. Sword and Board!

Hmm not sure if the cube works with 2item sets, but if it does it'd only take a single reroll to get the other sword since it can't roll the same item and there's only 2 items in the set anyway. Now getting an ancient is another problem, but still.

Rhaknar

Hmm not sure if the cube works with 2item sets, but if it does it'd only take a single reroll to get the other sword since it can't roll the same item and there's only 2 items in the set anyway. Now getting an ancient is another problem, but still.

edit: nvm youre talking about something else

Lain

I think I remember the cube got changed and will only work on 3+ item sets for exchanging items between sets.

Addnan

The 2 piece set reroll was stupid af. Made the process way too easy, they had to get rid of it. If you need a rorg then sure you need to do A1 bounties..

Baliis

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Blizzard has to troll us somehow.

Let me guess, we still have to farm A1 to get that stupid ring.

You do if you want it, but I you're gonna be doing act 1 for bounty mats anyways, so you'll prob gonna get one eventually anyways

Windam

Scaley member
Applied to the main clan. Battletag is Wolf#11957. Overflow clan seems dead. With the announcement of the mount in HotS, I figured now would be a good time to jump back in to finish the Reaper of Souls story and then start a seasonal character when S4 drops.

Raticus79

Applied to the main clan. Battletag is Wolf#11957. Overflow clan seems dead. With the announcement of the mount in HotS, I figured now would be a good time to jump back in to finish the Reaper of Souls story and then start a seasonal character when S4 drops.

Weird, I don't see it. Just double-checking, was it the NeoGAF one on Americas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom