• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElyrionX

Well I think the better question is how can it take anyone more than a day or two to gear up on non-seasons even as a casual player (assuming you aren't a brand new player.) There was jack shit to do with crafting mats until 2.3 so if you've been playing even a little over the past year and a half you should have stupid amounts sitting in your stash unless you just chose to not pick them up all this time. When 2.3 came out I logged onto my Monk, who just to give you an idea of how old she was, was wearing Raiment with a Jawbreaker. I just cubed some shit and was ready to go in less than 10 minutes. It's only sillier when you consider that the best sets for a lot of classes right now are sets that have been in the game from the start. My Wiz and WD already had Rasha/Zuni sitting in their stash because why wouldn't they? I had all that crap before seasons, GRs, etc. were even a thing.

I just have a hard time believing it takes more than a couple of days to gear up to the current endgame builds on non-seasons even as a casual player, with the exception of brand new players of course.

My Wiz had DelRasha almost ready to go when I came back for 2.3 except for some stuff like FnR. Yes I had plenty of mats but I didn't want to blow all of them in one go crafting rares at the Blacksmith and upgrading them till I got the ancient AW I needed. I'd rather run some rifts and upgrade the rare wands I picked up. Was easier on my resources and was fun upgrading as I went along (which is probably somewhat similar to a season character).

My DH still runs M6 sentries and I had zero UE pieces and since it's more efficient to get these via Blood Shards, it's taking quite a bit of rifting to get the pieces I need for UE Multishot build.

Yes, I could have blown through my mats early to get what I needed but that would have been an inefficient use of an increasingly valuable resource and the process of getting the items I needed via rifts and shards is fun anyway.

It really is not that different from seasons. A lot of season characters are getting pleveled to 70 anyway so it's still the same slog (but longer and far less efficient) to reach end game builds.

So my point is, for the people who don't care about leaderboards, there is very little reason to be playing seasons. Even season exclusive items eventually drop in non seaon anyway and there aren't that many of those.

Addnan

I finally decided to raise my shard cap a bit so jumped into a GR60 which is not much for my gear by lol, but I forgot to put Unity on my follower and kept getting crushed. Had no idea what was going on until this morning. Still an 11min clear haha. No more solo for 2 more months!

This is winning the game. This was the first IK chest I got back in paragon 100 or something... Phys res and everything.

zdXeAU2.png

Firemind

I have nothing to brag about. :(

Are the bounty bags bugged? Did like five a1 runs and all I got was chaff (ie no legendaries). I could have just spent this time doing rifts and get the last set piece instead of trying to get this piece of shit ring for the eleventh time. And lo and behold, Kadala answers my prayers. /bows

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Yeah at first caches were dropping tons of legs, sets, and recipes, but now that I have a bunch of recipes it's not only not dropping those, but also hardly any legs. It's like bounties are just for mats now.

Yeah at first caches were dropping tons of legs, sets, and recipes, but now that I have a bunch of recipes it's not only not dropping those, but also hardly any legs. It's like bounties are just for mats now.

Caches still drop 1 legendary per if you're doing them on T6 or higher, with a chance of dropping 2(one in the bonus cache). The chance goes down as you go down in torments, iirc it's 10% at T1, 50% at T2, 100% at T6 and whatever inbetween. They drop plans until you have all the pre70 stuff and the 70 legendary and jewel designs, but the 70 sets have a much lower chance to drop than 100% so once that's only what's missing, you don't see them much.

They actually dropped less legendaries before 2.3(no bonus cache legendaries), and they dropped a lot less plans too. They're better than they've ever been, on top of dropping needed materials now.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
The fucking lag with swk made us stop playing last night. Just look at this shit. Fucking hell. The second floor of rift it gets worse. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXUhCbi_HnA&feature=youtu.be

Have you tried playing without area damage to see if that helps?

Yeah, I'd say double check to make sure the support characters don't accidentally have area damage on, especially the WW barb. Exploding Palm itself wouldn't be the culprit here since it doesn't have a DoT component.

Other than that, generally this happens with too many DoTs going on at once. Could be the Bleed gem.

---

Apparently there's been an exploit letting people equip all passives at once via hellfire:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/3k6oa8/hellfire_snapshotting_exploit_people_getting_all/

Baliis

We don't run area damage because it doesn't work with EP and it doesn't work on HOTA.

Does it work well for seismic slam? Got a bitchin seismic slam wep on my HC monk that rolled like, str, rcd, and area damage. Was gonna roll the rcd off to a socket until I get a gift.

Raticus79

Does it work well for seismic slam? Got a bitchin seismic slam wep on my HC monk that rolled like, str, rcd, and area damage. Was gonna roll the rcd off to a socket until I get a gift.

Probably not. There was a blue post that said the HOTA bracer damage bonus didn't work with area damage due to where it was applied during the calculations, and I don't see how the seismic slam bonus would be any different. Might be fixed in the next patch.

XShagrath

Monks, how are you squeezing the required HP for higher greater rifts? I only have ~430k HP and 40 is highest I can go now. I know my rings are shit and my gems need upgrading but survivability is what I really need. Vit on my bracers is where I know is needed, but that would only get me about 50k hp. Where do you squeeze the rest?

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Casker-1878/hero/65994533

Here's my profile.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Shagrath-1850/hero/65242884

It looks like you're wanting to do the Uliana SSS/EP build, but you've got it messed up. You don't want Crit Chance on anything.

This may seem odd but what is best way to farm death's breath?

T10 rifts if you stomp them (100% loot + good chance of second, around 75% I'd say)
T8 if you stomp it (100% loot + small chance of second)
T7 otherwise (100% loot)

I plan on farming T7 with sage's set personally

T7 isn't 100%, but has a small chance for a 2nd. T8 is 100%. Mind you, even farming on T4 or whatever with sage set still yields a decent amount of death breaths, especially early on. I played a DH a bit to mess around this season and I was doing T4-T5 with sage set(int sage too, was my WD set) and I was getting 20+ per rift, which at this level is solid. Obviously at high gear level you make 20+ without the sage set on T10 easily, so it's not great, but it's still ok especially if you don't have much better stuff to equip anyway. So crafting the sage set is nice, but you need to find the plans, which might take a good amount of bounties to get.

Firemind

I am infinitely sad Sages doesn't work with 6WW. Why does Wrath of the Wastes need every part of the set while others don't? That's discrimination!

Radec

This may seem odd but what is best way to farm death's breath?

Join public games in TX.

If you party up with 3 other people who are just steamrolling TX, then just equip sage's set and enjoy the loot. Not sure what your class is but it's best if you do help as well. Be the utility guy.

eek5

Join public games in TX.

If you party up with 3 other people who are just steamrolling TX, then just equip sage's set and enjoy the loot. Not sure what your class is but it's best if you do help as well. Be the utility guy.

T7/8 with a sage build is probably better. More likely to find a group of people that can carry you and you won't be a useless piece of dirt.

If you're WD T7 sage + HT 4pc w/ in-geom and jeram bracer is great. Still plenty fast once in-geom is active and you can spam fire walls.

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
Monks, how are you squeezing the required HP for higher greater rifts? I only have ~430k HP and 40 is highest I can go now. I know my rings are shit and my gems need upgrading but survivability is what I really need. Vit on my bracers is where I know is needed, but that would only get me about 50k hp. Where do you squeeze the rest?

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Casker-1878/hero/65994533

430k should be plenty if you have enough mitigation. I cleared a GR60 with 260k HP on my Monk. I didn't even realize my health was that low until a little while later when I happened to glance at it. What skills/passives are you using?

Guardian's Path + All Res Mantra w/ the dodge rune (name escapes me atm) + Dashing strike (cold) gives 74% dodge chance.

I'm using all defensive passives: Guardian's path, harmony, sixth sense, beacon of ytar.

Do you have CDR maxed on all of your items (or at least 60%)?

I am infinitely sad Sages doesn't work with 6WW. Why does Wrath of the Wastes need every part of the set while others don't? That's discrimination!

tell that to uliana monks

And Vyr's Wizards.

mercviper

Ulianas is fun, but I prefer Shen Long's play style more. I might farm up a CC set for U6 and try it again though. Right now I'm working on healer set for group play.

Baliis

The mechanism behind that Hellfire amulet exploit is really surprising. Quote for link.

A pretty funny bug, but it still makes me laugh since crusader still get the shit end of it. All their passives suck or are super specific. Barb and monk are already super good and prob get the most out of it, shocking.

Deadly

430k should be plenty if you have enough mitigation. I cleared a GR60 with 260k HP on my Monk. I didn't even realize my health was that low until a little while later when I happened to glance at it. What skills/passives are you using?

Guardian's Path + All Res Mantra w/ the dodge rune (name escapes me atm) + Dashing strike (cold) gives 74% dodge chance.

I'm using all defensive passives: Guardian's path, harmony, sixth sense, beacon of ytar.

Do you have CDR maxed on all of your items (or at least 60%)?
Wow that's pretty amazing. Yeah same passives.

I'm at 50% right now. Missing some % on the things I have and rings and shoulder. My all res goes from 1325 to 1661 and armor is 13k.

Thanks to Merc for letting my monk leech last night. I got myself quite a few pieces.

EeK: Bliz got back to me and said they'll leave your OP WD alone

for now

w4ttsup

Has anyone tried cubing rings?

Because of the huge pool I can't see it being very efficient, but I have yet to see a CoE or Unity is S4 and it's put my GR leveling on hold.

Because of the huge pool I can't see it being very efficient, but I have yet to see a CoE or Unity is S4 and it's put my GR leveling on hold.

Well if you have nothing else good to cube, might as well cube for stuff you need. Can also gamble them, while not super efficient, they're still within acceptable prices iirc(50bloodshards each).

eek5

Try cubing a RoRG if you don't have unity/CoE and then drop a set item for some regular legendary with good effect. I.e. wear leoric crown instead of your set helm and get extra CDR or something or swap your set shoulder w/ leoric shoulder for a free cheat death.

w4ttsup

I've basically been cubing RRoG and then changing Call of the Ancients to the 50% damage reduction rune. Still need more mitigation post 50 or might have to switch some passive skills / legendary gems around to a more defensive nature.

Donos

Bought D3 for PS4... ready to get my lvl DH from PS3 save and .... noooooo. My PS3 D3:UE save is not in the PS+ cloud anymore. My three PS3 lvl 70 chars gone -_- ..... -_-...... -_- ... now have to go through the story mode again first -_-

That killed my D3 PS4 boner. Feels liks when i accidentally deleted a FF X save with 100+ hours.

Raticus79

Try doing 60 fps captures with Shadowplay if you have an NVIDIA card and then you can make really nice slow motion GIFs with InstaGiffer. Not enough frames during the fun part on this one!

(I'd make one myself but I still haven't caught up... not enough time to play this season!)

Lol at how much the progress bar jumps though

Yeah, it's nice seeing the Paragon bar on the earlier one too.

Addnan

It's recorded at 60fps, just no idea how to make gifs lol. Will check out instagiffer. The lag completely locked the game up that's why explosion isn't bigger. Was too scared to wait for yellow to catch up, so I just smashed and hoped not to die and lose pools.

Got my Monk doing Quins Uliana's build, what should I reroll for a socket on this. I know that roll isn't great but the arcane immunity is amazing. Assume vit or attack speed or is area damage still junk?

zvwZ1ze.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom