• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those WD weapons are serious bullshit, meanwhile crusaders still get shit and can't do nothing in high GR
edit : lol there's only 5 leg spears in the game and 2 are barb exclusive (and I'd wager one is holy class exclusive ie monk/crus), that must be so hard to roll using the cube

I've gotten more goblin packs than I've seen bandit shrines since they nerfed their appearance rate.

I haven't seen one since the hotfix to the spawn rate. I'm over plvl 600 now in season.

To think I found one roughly 2 minutes into my attempt at getting the cube right after the patch is almost absurd at this point. God damn did they reduce the spawn rate to next to nothing.

I guess I can see the problem though. If they are even remotely common, people would simply from 4 man parties, split searching for such a shrine. It would easily beat out everything else in regards to acquiring items and crafting mats. Thus they dropped the hammer hard for now, even if that means those Bandit Shrines may as well not exist.

They need some player-specific spawning rules like there's for Vaults or other ways to make these a less ludicrously rare occurrence without immediately providing the single most efficient way to play the game.

GorillaJu

Those WD weapons are serious bullshit, meanwhile crusaders still get shit and can't do nothing in high GR
edit : lol there's only 5 leg spears in the game and 2 are barb exclusive (and I'd wager one is holy class exclusive ie monk/crus), that must be so hard to roll using the cube

Yeah and on the other hand, Kukri is still the rarest weapon in game IIRC

I once mained Crusader. Then I decided I wanted to enjoy Diablo 3.

Pepto

Banned

PJSalt? Roll a WD if you want good weapons easily.

ElyrionX

As a wiz main, I feel you. We've been bottom feeders for as long as Crusaders have been around.

PhaZZe

Banned
im coming back this season but the leveling is so slow, maybe im doing something wrong, how do you level up to 70 fast?

StMeph

I rolled a WD for Season 4 and assembled sets of Helltooth and Arachyr. Not enough Zunimassa (nor Carnevil) for a pet doctor build. Have a decent Ancient Manajuma's and only a meh Scrimshaw. No SWD.

Helltooth seems like the best set for WD right now, but what weapons should I be shooting for? SWD, Scrim, or Manajuma? And what weapon property should be Cubed? Furnace? I don't have one, so what's the next-best option?

Wiz was best class last season. They were the 4 man meta dps..

Well if we go by that metric, crusader have been "top tier" zdps for 3seasons, same as WD.

Crusader need more or less an overhaul I'd say, similar to what WD got over the last few patches. The class feels like garbage without gear(unlike other classes which have fairly decent baseline builds to do torment 1 with right from the start) and their sets are trash until at least 4pieces and in general also require a specific weapon and armor/shield to actually even start working. Other classes often just need 2pc of one or two of their sets to get massive boosts in power that let them farm higher torment for more efficiency and can climb faster.

The class just feels bad imo. Some skills just feel clunky(shield bash for example), their movespeed is basically garbage tier until you have a ton of cdr and even then it's nowhere close to other classes doing full speed setups, they're kinda tanky but really not much more than say monks, barbs or even WDs in high density maps with swampland attunement, their ressource is easily the worst in the game to use because it generates slow as shit and abilities consume a lot so you need items to even use shit semi decently, their utility is average at best and generally fairly subpar and their cooldowns are way too long for the damage they do(fucking bombardment is the worst offender).

Kinda sucks because when RoS released I was really pumped about playing Crusader and love the female crusader voice acting and looks, but there's no way I can bother playing the class for more than a few minutes before I just go play a class that doesn't feel so bad. Literally every other class feels better to play, including Barb and I hate Barbs, I didn't even have a 70 barb until the end of last season when I picked one to complete the season achievements quickly.

Next crusader set needs to be perma horsey with the 4p bonus
blink.gif

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
im coming back this season but the leveling is so slow, maybe im doing something wrong, how do you level up to 70 fast?

Change the difficulty? Even at hard, it feels like leveling is fast for the first 40-50 or so levels.

GorillaJu

I rolled a WD for Season 4 and assembled sets of Helltooth and Arachyr. Not enough Zunimassa (nor Carnevil) for a pet doctor build. Have a decent Ancient Manajuma's and only a meh Scrimshaw. No SWD.

Helltooth seems like the best set for WD right now, but what weapons should I be shooting for? SWD, Scrim, or Manajuma? And what weapon property should be Cubed? Furnace? I don't have one, so what's the next-best option?

Helltooth and Carnevil are neck and neck really. I think Carnevil has a higher ceiling but it's more gear-quality dependent. Its also a glass-cannon.

The "proper" HT cube is Furnace, Grin Reaper, Convection of Elements. If you don't have a Furnace, maybe a useful mojo effect, like Henri's Perquisition? If you run HP in your weapon cube you can sub in an offensive gem for a defensive one.

For weapons, I'd say go with whichever one you get a good version of. I personally like the Scrim build because 1) zombie bears are fun and reward skillful placement with crazy damage—mine crit around 2.7 billion and 2) running Thing of the Deep offhand with Swampland Attunement means toughness gets up to 80-90 million in rifts due to the +20 pickup radius on the Mojo. I play from Asia on the U.S. servers so I need a tankier build as getting hit is sometimes unavoidable with the latency. The scrim build is tanky without sacrificing damage, plus you get a really nice pickup radius that helps when farming rifts fast.

StMeph

Helltooth and Carnevil are neck and neck really. I think Carnevil has a higher ceiling but it's more gear-quality dependent. Its also a glass-cannon.

The "proper" HT cube is Furnace, Grin Reaper, Convection of Elements. If you don't have a Furnace, maybe a useful mojo effect, like Henri's Perquisition? If you run HP in your weapon cube you can sub in an offensive gem for a defensive one.

For weapons, I'd say go with whichever one you get a good version of. I personally like the Scrim build because 1) zombie bears are fun and reward skillful placement with crazy damage—mine crit around 2.7 billion and 2) running Thing of the Deep offhand with Swampland Attunement means toughness gets up to 80-90 million in rifts due to the +20 pickup radius on the Mojo. I play from Asia on the U.S. servers so I need a tankier build as getting hit is sometimes unavoidable with the latency. The scrim build is tanky without sacrificing damage, plus you get a really nice pickup radius that helps when farming rifts fast.

Thanks for the in-depth reply.

joecanada

Hey I haven't posted here before but just wanted to say Diablo 3 has crazy good patches , updates... I just restarted and have been having fun farming rifts... I have a few questions if anyone has some time...

I played online with some dude and I seemed to go up paragon points real fast... like is going up 100 paragon levels in a few hours seem ridiculously fast? I think he was using a glitched weapon and I may have even picked one up from him, but I tried to get rid of the stuff after....

I am currently a wizard running firebird stuff, cuz it's basically the first set I could accumulate, I have to say the kanai cube works awesome when upgrading rares, pretty expensive but I got two set pieces that way.....

Is there a method of looking for the best items? I am still missing RORG and a great wand... just farm rifts I guess? Also is there a best stat to strip off items for the kanai cube powers? Just something you are missing I suppose?

I noticed that I think they patched the giant hydra, am loving his use currently, the river of flame didn't seem to work well before...

currently running force armour, hydra, black hole, flame tornados and it seems to work real good so far. I have a piece that makes the tornados suck enemies in so pretty good at crowd control currently.

Also the custom gems, I have one in that spreads damage out over 4 seconds, anyone find better ones , oh yes, one other question, I have a gem that makes pets stronger? Are hydras considered pets?

thanks diablo gaf , sorry a lot of questions but as I said I have been playing a while and had these questions in my head for a bit...

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
I've been having fun with my first ever monk, here he is so far:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Mengy-1287/hero/65354608

I literally stomp T5 (GR23) yet T6 (and GR25) give me problems. At this point I just need to level my legendary gems and get a six pc set together. I might switch out Bane of the Powerful for Bane of the Trapped too, not sure which one is actually better. So I'm running public rifts for set drops and keystones and then running GR's solo to level gems. I need to farm bounties soon too, my stockpile of legendaries I want to cube is getting full and I would like to roll up rares too.

Fun season so far.

eek5

Depends on what you're running. There are so many variations.

For weapons I'd probably try to get a scrimshaw first because it is probably the eaiest to gamble. Diviner isn't bad but harder for sure.

For GR I run Furnace as weapon cube but for regular stuff I run in-geom because stuff dies so fast you can just spam firewall. I use manajuma for in-geom build for fast movement speed. Divine for grifts.

Never got an ancient scrimshaw so IDK.

I've heard arachyr is really fast for t7-9 clearing/farming. Maybe T10 idk.

For farming DB I run sage+4pc ht. I've been building up a sage+6pc zuni (CoE + zuni ring instead of F+R) though because it seems like it'd clear faster.

Armaros

Bane of the Trapped is the best gem in the game.

It and Zei are both multipliciative with your damage instead of additive like most bonuses.

So both are the biggest dps increases overall

Bane of the striken is best for anything that survives to decent stacks IE Rift guardians, factoring ICD, the gem makes RGs die on average 40% faster.

It and Zei are both multipliciative with your damage instead of additive like most bonuses.

So both are the biggest dps increases overall

Bane of the striken is best for anything that survives to decent stacks IE Rift guardians, factoring ICD, the gem makes RGs die on average 40% faster.

Zei is a lot less common, since most classes actually don't get full benefit from it. DHs are the only classes that benefit from standing as far as possible from stuff, Wizards need to be close if archon build and generally slot the damage rune on Teleport for Tal Rasha arcane procs and WD want to be right next to stuff to proc Grave Injustice/Swampland Attunement/Harvest Souls and in some cases Confidence Ritual. But yeah it yields the most theorical damage I think since most other gems aren't multiplicative.

joesmokey

Wizard season 4 is pretty fun but takes quite a bit of work.

Group play seems better around DelRasha. It's hard to stay alive in groups with Vyr's due to how close you have to get for Wave of Force / Explosions.

DelRasha is pretty hectic play for solo GR. Have to constantly push forward and not wait around for things to die.

Vyr's is more fun for solo GR play but I'm missing double Unity still.

Both are miles better than Firebird gameplay. DelRasha is somewhat similar playstyle, but at least you do more than drop hydra + spam blizzard.

Edit:
I think the worst part of season 4 so far is how the flow of rift running is ruined. Have to wait for things to die to always pick up Death's Breaths. Was much more fun killing everything on-the-run and seeing if the odd legendary popped up.

SO I've played both the IK + HoTA / CoTA and the Wastes / WW spec. The WW spec seems way way more squishy. I have one ancient BK sword and a decent regular one. I have the damage to do probably 52+ GR but die too much. At GR50 I barely made it because I died too much leading up to the rift guardian. The RG himself goes down fast though. The IK set I had a harder time clearing trash due to missing ground stomp plus the speed of BK set. However my single target damage was high and my survivability went up enough to do GR52 pretty easily. I think I can squeak out 53 and if I get an ancient weapon go 55+.

Farming lower level GR's and T8-9 rifts seems better suited for the WW spec though. Same for material / bounty runs. T10 ubers probably the IK build again

SO I've played both the IK + HoTA / CoTA and the Wastes / WW spec. The WW spec seems way way more squishy. I have one ancient BK sword and a decent regular one. I have the damage to do probably 52+ GR but die too much. At GR50 I barely made it because I died too much leading up to the rift guardian. The RG himself goes down fast though. The IK set I had a harder time clearing trash due to missing ground stomp plus the speed of BK set. However my single target damage was high and my survivability went up enough to do GR52 pretty easily. I think I can squeak out 53 and if I get an ancient weapon go 55+.

Farming lower level GR's and T8-9 rifts seems better suited for the WW spec though. Same for material / bounty runs. T10 ubers probably the IK build again

Correct. WW/Wastes is a lot squishier, but WAYYYYY faster at T7/8/9. It's really good for farming easier content extremely quickly. Keywardens, split bounties, T8 rifts, etc. IK build is more for pushing high GRifts - generally more tanky/more single target DPS. Definitely for TX Ubers.

Sober

Wizard season 4 is pretty fun but takes quite a bit of work.

Group play seems better around DelRasha. It's hard to stay alive in groups with Vyr's due to how close you have to get for Wave of Force / Explosions.

DelRasha is pretty hectic play for solo GR. Have to constantly push forward and not wait around for things to die.

Vyr's is more fun for solo GR play but I'm missing double Unity still.

Both are miles better than Firebird gameplay. DelRasha is somewhat similar playstyle, but at least you do more than drop hydra + spam blizzard.

Edit:
I think the worst part of season 4 so far is how the flow of rift running is ruined. Have to wait for things to die to always pick up Death's Breaths. Was much more fun killing everything on-the-run and seeing if the odd legendary popped up.
I dunno, the wave blast from Chantodo's looks pretty far from where you are. At least from watching my brother play.

But yeah I play DelRasha on my non-seasonal and it's probably one of the more interesting builds, especially since I run it meteor heavy (using meteor storm rune as a spender).

WD got buffed super hard this patch and I'm playing it right now, I can't imagine how it was before.

Also the post on Crusader earlier is spot on, it's easily the least engaging class to play and the sets kinda suck or straight up require a specific weapon to get you anywhere. It's mitigated a bit with the cube but honestly if I wanted to play a melee class monk and barb are already top 2 among all classes and even if they weren't they're already much more fun to play.

StMeph

Also the post on Crusader earlier is spot on, it's easily the least engaging class to play and the sets kinda suck or straight up require a specific weapon to get you anywhere. It's mitigated a bit with the cube but honestly if I wanted to play a melee class monk and barb are already top 2 among all classes and even if they weren't they're already much more fun to play.

Crusaders are all style points.

ZenaxPure

What WW build are you guys rolling with? Because with the generic builds for each one WW is typically tankier due to more damage reductions and around double the lpfs. WW gets 40% from the set bonus, 50% from Ignore Pain + 5300 lpfs (which has 100% uptime), and 50% from Unity along with a last slot that can be used on OP: Crushing Advance for more melee damage reduction or Taunt to control enemies and allow you to kite them around a bit. HoTA only gets the 50% reduction from CoTA and the 50% from Unity plus you have to stand still when you want to attack.

Correct. WW/Wastes is a lot squishier, but WAYYYYY faster at T7/8/9. It's really good for farming easier content extremely quickly. Keywardens, split bounties, T8 rifts, etc. IK build is more for pushing high GRifts - generally more tanky/more single target DPS. Definitely for TX Ubers.

Now I just have to deal with swapping between the two builds. They're both fun but fuck it takes forever to re-gear and skill because I feel like doing something more challenging.

WW puts out good damage too. With the Obsidian ring of the Zodiak cubed WoTB is up near full time and Ignore Pain is too. I have the hexing pants cubed as well. It's just getting one shotted. Part of the problem is needing the Obsidian ring cubed for WW. The HoTA build gets to use a cubed unity.

What WW build are you guys rolling with? Because with the generic builds for each one WW is typically tankier due to more damage reductions and around double the lpfs. WW gets 40% from the set bonus, 50% from Ignore Pain + 5300 lpfs (which has 100% uptime), and 50% from Unity along with a last slot that can be used on OP: Crushing Advance for more melee damage reduction or Taunt to control enemies and allow you to kite them around a bit. HoTA only gets the 50% reduction from CoTA and the 50% from Unity plus you have to stand still when you want to attack.

The WW build I was running doesn't use the Unity. It required the reduced cooldown from the Obsidian ring for near 100% uptime on WoTB and Ignore Pain.

http://www.diablofans.com/builds/57393-255-move-speed-whirlwind-barb-speed-farm

Pretty much that. Though I put hexing pants in the armor slot. Not necessarily suited for solo play. No unity, no ignore pain. Could tailor it to do higher GRifts solo if I wanted to I suppose. My HotA gear is vastly superior though. Still missing one of the WW swords as ancient (so I haven't socketed it), more non-ancient gear.

I realized it was time to stop playing when I strongly considered looking up botting for infernal machines. Even though they simplified the process, I still can not be bothered to farm any more fucking keywardens. I've crafted 35 hellfire amulets this season and none of them have a decent combination of stats and passive. I just can't bring myself to do any more.

I think they've done a good job with everything else though. Bounties are fun and serve a purpose. Rifts are fun and serve a purpose. Greater rifts are fun and are pretty much the "goal" of the game right now. But fuck keywarden farming. That's still the pits. I put it off until paragon 400.... and now that I'm tying, I just can't get the RNG to play nice.

eek5

Now I just have to deal with swapping between the two builds. They're both fun but fuck it takes forever to re-gear and skill because I feel like doing something more challenging.
remove level req from all your gear and level a second barb. problem solved!!

I realized it was time to stop playing when I strongly considered looking up botting for infernal machines. Even though they simplified the process, I still can not be bothered to farm any more fucking keywardens. I've crafted 35 hellfire amulets this season and none of them have a decent combination of stats and passive. I just can't bring myself to do any more.

I think they've done a good job with everything else though. Bounties are fun and serve a purpose. Rifts are fun and serve a purpose. Greater rifts are fun and are pretty much the "goal" of the game right now. But fuck keywarden farming. That's still the pits. I put it off until paragon 400.... and now that I'm tying, I just can't get the RNG to play nice.

Just join TX public keywarden games. Those dudes always run a set of ubers at the end too so you end up with extra machines and 2-3 organs each run.

The one I ran had Ignore pain and the pride belt increasing it's duration and uptime. I can't get WW to do the damage needed without the Obsidian ring reducing cooldown for WoTB and need a focus and restraint instead of the actual unity ring.

at least half the bounties aren't fun, fuck the "clear level 2 of cave X" bullshit
as for ubers, farm them with 3 players, makes it way faster

at least half the bounties aren't fun, fuck the "clear level 2 of cave X" bullshit
as for ubers, farm them with 3 players, makes it way faster

The kill all enemies on level 2 bounties are the reason I don't like bounties. The portals and such are kinda fun. I like the egg sack bounty in act I spider caves. A chance for an elite or gob on each sack opened.

as long as bounties don't consist of walking 3 minutes looking for something or for monsters to kill (yay kill 150 in an area with shit density) I'm fine with them tbh
Just point the objective right away. I often find myself going afk for a minute after starting a bounty so I don't have to scan the whole area for the objective <_<

Firemind

The one I ran had Ignore pain and the pride belt increasing it's duration and uptime. I can't get WW to do the damage needed without the Obsidian ring reducing cooldown for WoTB and need a focus and restraint instead of the actual unity ring.
That's why you're dying all the time. You're stopping to use a builder. WW builds typically don't use F/R. They use Convention of the Elements which boosts your attack by 200% for four seconds. Since barbs only have four elements to cycle through, it amounts to 50% on average. You can then use Unity and Obsidian using this setup.

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
Blew through gold like it's nobody's business today as Uliana chest dropped and needed to load it up with flawless royal gems. =S One step closer to world domination, though. Or at least pushing into the mid to late 30s GRifts. Still really need my weapons and Flow of Eternity, though. Is it daibos or staves that have a chance to convert into FoE in the cube?

Celegus

Blew through gold like it's nobody's business today as Uliana chest dropped and needed to load it up with flawless royal gems. =S One step closer to world domination, though. Or at least pushing into the mid to late 30s GRifts. Still really need my weapons and Flow of Eternity, though. Is it daibos or staves that have a chance to convert into FoE in the cube?

That's a Daibo.

That's why you're dying all the time. You're stopping to use a builder. WW builds typically don't use F/R. They use Convention of the Elements which boosts your attack by 200% for four seconds. Since barbs only have four elements to cycle through, it amounts to 50% on average. You can then use Unity and Obsidian using this setup.

Yeah I've read a couple different builds and the above seems to be the "second best option". At least that's how I read it from the places I've read up on builds. With ground stomp as the builder it's a 100% damage increase due to the second set bonus and then another 25% increase from the strong arm bracers. IIRC the few people at the top of the leader board spinning to win also has F/R combo but I could be totally spacing. I can see why more people are at the top using the HoTA build because there seems to be less give and take with damage and survivability.

I'm gonna try this though and see how it works for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom