• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gotchaye

Wizard season 4 is pretty fun but takes quite a bit of work.

Group play seems better around DelRasha. It's hard to stay alive in groups with Vyr's due to how close you have to get for Wave of Force / Explosions.

DelRasha is pretty hectic play for solo GR. Have to constantly push forward and not wait around for things to die.

Vyr's is more fun for solo GR play but I'm missing double Unity still.

Both are miles better than Firebird gameplay. DelRasha is somewhat similar playstyle, but at least you do more than drop hydra + spam blizzard.

This is basically my experience. Vyr's is loads of fun but I don't do much in big groups because I just can't do enough in Archon form to justify the time I need to spend out of it building Chantodo's stacks. On a big open map where I can split off and do my own thing I do fine, but for linear maps I end up just teleporting behind the monks and barbs.

I've just started with Del Rasha after getting a great ancient Aether Walker. It's probably not as fast solo but it can at least keep up with everyone else in groups and can fire-and-forget very strong meteor showers and slow times. I'd really like to fit in a fourth element, but you've pretty much got to double down on arcane with Teleport and Slow Time.

joecanada

The kill all enemies on level 2 bounties are the reason I don't like bounties. The portals and such are kinda fun. I like the egg sack bounty in act I spider caves. A chance for an elite or gob on each sack opened.

anything beats the jar of souls or free the prisoners when they don't even appear at ALL :(

yesterday I reset Act 1 twice and still never finished the bounties....

Armaros

This is basically my experience. Vyr's is loads of fun but I don't do much in big groups because I just can't do enough in Archon form to justify the time I need to spend out of it building Chantodo's stacks. On a big open map where I can split off and do my own thing I do fine, but for linear maps I end up just teleporting behind the monks and barbs.

I've just started with Del Rasha after getting a great ancient Aether Walker. It's probably not as fast solo but it can at least keep up with everyone else in groups and can fire-and-forget very strong meteor showers and slow times. I'd really like to fit in a fourth element, but you've pretty much got to double down on arcane with Teleport and Slow Time.

Delsere Slow Time's Dot's element is your highest elemental damage.

So if your highest is Lightning, the Slow Time will do Lightning damage and proc that Talrasha buff. Most del rasha builds only have their bracers with elemental damage so its easy to control which elemental you have for slow time. My Wiz is using atm

MM:Glacial Spike - Cold
Meteor Shower - Fire
Slow Time - Lightning
Teleport - Calamity - Arcane

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
clear level 2 of the barracks is the worst bounty ever.

there was one in act iv where the quest objectives were so far away from each other, that one almost was worse

Gotchaye

So if your highest is Lightning, the Slow Time will do Lightning damage and proc that Talrasha buff. Most del rasha builds only have their bracers with elemental damage so its easy to control which elemental you have for slow time.

Oh. I didn't realize Slow Time changed its element. That makes things easier.

joesmokey

Oh. I didn't realize Slow Time changed its element. That makes things easier.
I like Energy Twister + Ranslor's Folly better than Meteor, but YMMV.

I don't have an ancient AW yet so I'm using an ancient GoO + cubed AW. It's a bit weaker since I can't use a cubed furnace, but you just have to switch focus to trash packs.

Armaros

I like Energy Twister + Ranslor's Folly better than Meteor, but YMMV.

I don't have an ancient AW yet so I'm using an ancient GoO + cubed AW. It's a bit weaker since I can't use a cubed furnace, but you just have to switch focus to trash packs.

That has more utility but you lose alot of damage compared to Meteor Shower. Especially because of Nilfur's Boast, which is a standard for Delrasha, and I would imagine have problems with killing RGs in high level solo Grifts.

Might work for parties without a support monk to cyclone stuff.

joesmokey

That has more utility but you lose alot of damage compared to Meteor Shower. Especially because of Nilfur's Boast, which is a standard for Delrasha, and I would imagine have problems with killing RGs in high level solo Grifts.

Might work for parties without a support monk to cyclone stuff.
RG's are pretty easy with Bane of the Stricken.

Sober

So if your highest is Lightning, the Slow Time will do Lightning damage and proc that Talrasha buff. Most del rasha builds only have their bracers with elemental damage so its easy to control which elemental you have for slow time. My Wiz is using atm

MM:Glacial Spike - Cold
Meteor Shower - Fire
Slow Time - Lightning
Teleport - Calamity - Arcane
Huh, interesting build. I assume you're using magic weapon/force armour in the last 2 spots instead? What bracers do you use since you probably don't need strongarms/APDs to synergize with black hole?

Armaros

Huh, interesting build. I assume you're using magic weapon/force armour in the last 2 spots instead? What bracers do you use since you probably don't need strongarms/APDs to synergize with black hole?

Right now I just use my best Reapers Wraps, but the final build has Ancient Parthan Bracers for the damage reduction when slow time or teleport:calamity stuns something, which is pretty often, even with the CC immunity nerfs.

And yes the final two slots are magic Weapon and Force armor

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I've recently got the full 6 bonus set of the Talrasha set(and gotten ridiculously OP with it) and been wondering if Magic Weapon is better used with the Electrify rune than the Force Weapon one? By using Electrify, I could choose a fire primary instead of a lighting one, since i have a 34% increase on that and could focus more on using my fire Disintegrate rather than casting a lightning spell once in a while for the meteors and extra damage stack. Is that 10% damage sacrifice for Magic Weapon worth it for that?

Gotchaye

I've recently got the full 6 bonus set of the Talrasha set(and gotten ridiculously OP with it) and been wondering if Magic Weapon is better used with the Electrify rune than the Force Weapon one? By using Electrify, I could choose a fire primary instead of a lighting one, since i have a 34% increase on that. Is that 10% damage sacrifice for Magic Weapon worth it for that?

I'm pretty sure Electrify doesn't get you a Tal Rasha stack. It only calls a meteor.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
So is there a healing monk set or is that build just a frankensteinian mesh of different gear?

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
What are the best weapon and armor legendary powers to use with the Cube for a Wizard and Demon Hunter? I already got a Cindercoat ready to get transmuted for my Wizard, wonder if I should use it, or if there are better ones out there.

Dahbomb

So is there a healing monk set or is that build just a frankensteinian mesh of different gear?
Frankenstein.

It uses Born, Cain and Inna's with Crudest Boots, Leoric's Ring, Leoric's Crown, Stormshield, RorG, Obsidian Ring and Strongarm Bracers. There are are some flex spots in there of course.

Most important component of the build are the skill Mantra of Healing and Gizzard legendary gem. The rest of the build maximizes EXP gain, defense and CDR.

Yeah I've read a couple different builds and the above seems to be the "second best option". At least that's how I read it from the places I've read up on builds. With ground stomp as the builder it's a 100% damage increase due to the second set bonus and then another 25% increase from the strong arm bracers. IIRC the few people at the top of the leader board spinning to win also has F/R combo but I could be totally spacing. I can see why more people are at the top using the HoTA build because there seems to be less give and take with damage and survivability.

I'm gonna try this though and see how it works for me.

Using Furious Charge to keep F/R going is the best, as it hardly intierrupts your play which would leave you vulnerable. Since Furious Charge got it's animation end lag reduced some patches ago it's really good in that regard. Hardly even causes you to stop spinning and while you're in the charging movement you are pushing back enemies and are likely not taking much damage either.

That Demon Hunter set sounds really dumb but very fun at the same time, I remember trying an impale oriented build for a short period last season but it obviously didn't work out because it's garbage.

ZenaxPure

http://www.diablofans.com/builds/57393-255-move-speed-whirlwind-barb-speed-farm

Pretty much that. Though I put hexing pants in the armor slot. Not necessarily suited for solo play. No unity, no ignore pain. Could tailor it to do higher GRifts solo if I wanted to I suppose. My HotA gear is vastly superior though. Still missing one of the WW swords as ancient (so I haven't socketed it), more non-ancient gear.

Ah yeah, that set is for speed running stuff, it's not the GR setup or anything (which is far tankier). I use basically the same build for farming bounties though I tend to toss on boon of the hoarder as well (for the move speed).

That's why you're dying all the time. You're stopping to use a builder. WW builds typically don't use F/R. They use Convention of the Elements which boosts your attack by 200% for four seconds. Since barbs only have four elements to cycle through, it amounts to 50% on average. You can then use Unity and Obsidian using this setup.

Yeah this is what's up. F/R is really dangerous for high end WW builds since you are dropping an insane amount of damage reduction (50% from unity and then 40% any time you stop WWing to proc F/R). It's not impossible to use, but, you give up a lot doing it. All of the high ranked WW barbs on the leaderboard just rock CoE/Obsidian/Unity.

remove level req from all your gear and level a second barb. problem solved!!

Just join TX public keywarden games. Those dudes always run a set of ubers at the end too so you end up with extra machines and 2-3 organs each run.

Tried that. There were exactly 0 people active when I was searching for groups. So I started doing them solo. Act 1.... covered the entire map, finally found him, no drop.

Act 2.... covered the entire map but never found him. Closed the game. Just can't do it. Besides, I only have about 150 souls left after my first 35 failed attempts. That's not nearly enough....

Tarazet

Yeah this is what's up. F/R is really dangerous for high end WW builds since you are dropping an insane amount of damage reduction (50% from unity and then 40% any time you stop WWing to proc F/R). It's not impossible to use, but, you give up a lot doing it. All of the high ranked WW barbs on the leaderboard just rock CoE/Obsidian/Unity.

The WW builds are hilarious and effective, great survivability with Taeguk + Unity, but they suck solo because they are only efficient at trash clearing. If you don't get a good rift comp, you spin your wheels and get nowhere. They also depend very highly on getting outstanding gear. HotA is more forgiving in both departments.

Radec

Healer Monk is really is a God.

Got to farm some GR60s last night and the only thing that can kill me was 3 molten explosions.

Went from P420-P500 from those runs
KuGsj.gif

The Vyr set is like the definition of efficient but unfun to play. You are basically forced to rush through everything or you are fucked if you can't keep your Archon cooldown up, plus it's harder to build since all the pieces are essential, it just doesn't work without any of the core pieces. Delrasha despite being less powerful feels way more comfortable.
I think it uses which ever has highest variable value(for the legs that it would apply to), otherwise i dont know.
Your equipped one takes priority, even if it rolls a lower value.

Nymerio

Slowly making my way toward my Shenlong Monk build, but I can't find or gamble a Cindercoat.

Crit for almost 2 Billion last night though, that felt good.

OACfyxL.jpg

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
Just got Bottomless Potion of Rejuvenation. I had no idea there was stuff like this in the game. =O Also finally have full Uliana set without needing Ring of Royal Grandeur. Yay! =D

Still need weapons though. XD

Dahbomb

Game breaking exploit of season 4 discovered. This game will never a get even a remotely clean season.
I would say that this Season wasn't clean already because of the Monk regen shenanigans. The whole group play of S4 has been a joke to be honest (even more than usual).

Radec

Blizzard can easily check ammy exploiters just by checking characters with active passive > 5. Unless they can't check the number of active passives on a character.

I would say that this Season wasn't clean already because of the Monk regen shenanigans. The whole group play of S4 has been a joke to be honest (even more than usual).

Using combination of legendaries and skills are not clean?

lol

Addnan

Using a legit combo of legendaries to support your group vs having access to all passives at once.. I think they are on different level of issues.

Donos

Have some euro gaffers here bought the NA version of D3 UE (PS4) and are playing with euros without problem? Close to grabbing it from the NA sale but i want to finally start playing with other people.

eek5

How big is the damage ?

Depends how good their tools are. The problem is I don't think active passives is snapshotted on the leaderboard so they could've set the time then put their passives back to normal and probably won't ever be detected. Whoops.

ElyrionX

Just play non-season brahs. I don't get why casuals would play seasons anyway. I am playing my old mains and it's still taking me quite a while to farm up the gear for the new builds to tackle higher grifts.

Radec

Just play non-season brahs. I don't get why casuals would play seasons anyway. I am playing my old mains and it's still taking me quite a while to farm up the gear for the new builds to tackle higher grifts.

Some seasonal exclusive items are amazing. Like Lion's Claw and bane of the stricken.

My friends who just started in playing Diablo in RoS are fine with it anyway.

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
I reached Guardian for the season journey yesterday and in the same GR40 that I did for the conquest, "The Thrill", I found an ancient lion's claw (after I kid you not 30+ non-ancients) with a close to max damage roll and area damage. Yay!

ZenaxPure

Some seasonal exclusive items are amazing. Like Lion's Claw and bane of the stricken.

My friends who just started in playing Diablo in RoS are fine with it anyway.

Well I think the better question is how can it take anyone more than a day or two to gear up on non-seasons even as a casual player (assuming you aren't a brand new player.) There was jack shit to do with crafting mats until 2.3 so if you've been playing even a little over the past year and a half you should have stupid amounts sitting in your stash unless you just chose to not pick them up all this time. When 2.3 came out I logged onto my Monk, who just to give you an idea of how old she was, was wearing Raiment with a Jawbreaker. I just cubed some shit and was ready to go in less than 10 minutes. It's only sillier when you consider that the best sets for a lot of classes right now are sets that have been in the game from the start. My Wiz and WD already had Rasha/Zuni sitting in their stash because why wouldn't they? I had all that crap before seasons, GRs, etc. were even a thing.

I just have a hard time believing it takes more than a couple of days to gear up to the current endgame builds on non-seasons even as a casual player, with the exception of brand new players of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom