• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
I'd liked that name the most! Add that to the poll ASAP!

I can't change the poll after it's created.

If there's extra names to consider, I'll have to remake the poll.

Right now it's GAFGLD or GAFNAH + GAFEWW

th3dude

NeoGAF is pretty good. Let me know what the consensus is. Planning on creating tonight unless there are objections.

Up to 23 sign ups. Nice!

Also to all to start considering: who should officers be?

Remember that in D3 there aren't many things that officers or leaders can do other then set messages and such. Its not like an MMO.

DEO3

For a clan that's supposedly dead, I sure see a lot of you GAF guys join the rifts I run for RIF. I see at least a couple of you guys a day!

Granadier

NeoGAF is pretty good. Let me know what the consensus is. Planning on creating tonight unless there are objections.

Up to 23 sign ups. Nice!

Also to all to start considering: who should officers be?

Remember that in D3 there aren't many things that officers or leaders can do other then set messages and such. Its not like an MMO.

IceMarker - NA
Ashodin - NA
Fenderputty - NA
Scy - NA
Yoshichan - EU
Raticus79 - NA

Going to remake the poll. Before I do, verify that there aren't any names I'm missing.
  • GAFNAH + GAFEWW
  • GAFGLD + eu?
  • GAF-NA + GAF-EU
  • NeoGAF + eu?

Dropping GAFNA + GAFEU and GAFCON since they received 0 votes so far. It's probably best to limit it to <5 choices.

edit: new poll up http://strawpoll.me/1648731/r

The Cowboy

Is there only 1 officer for the EU clan vs 5 for the NA clan?.

Also, another vote for just plan and simple and to the point - NeoGAF (for both NA and EU)..

Granadier

Is there only 1 officer for the EU clan vs 5 for the NA clan?.

I'm not from the EU, so Yoshi is the only one of I know from across the pond.

That was a listing of the officers I know of and would recommend for the new clans.

Lain

Finally got a level 70 Andariel's Visage (I only had a level 69 one before that I was holding in my stash) and replaced the Broken Crown I was using. INT could have been higher, but I'm happy enough with it.
4ZJ.png

Since Kadala refuses to give me a pair of useful gloves, I decided to craft the Cain gloves to replace the rare ones I was using, and also made a pair of Cain boots to go with them.
They came with some nice Crit Hit chance and Attack Speed, but no INT at all, though I've managed to get a good INT roll on them while trying to roll for Crit Damage, since the gloves I was replacing had 10% Crit Hit Chance and 50% Crit Damage.
This is how they look right now, after spending all the souls I had on them:
Should I just keep them as is while hoping to find some Frostburn gloves, or should I keep throwing souls toward getting Crit Damage (something like 48% at least) on them?

Thorgal

Hmm , i want to play this game (Diablo 3) but i wonder if it will go on sale in the near future ?

Also would somebody recommend me to buy the Reaper of souls version together with the vanilla game which the former i assume is either an add on or expansion pack ?

Discobird

Since Kadala refuses to give me a pair of useful gloves, I decided to craft the Cain gloves to replace the rare ones I was using, and also made a pair of Cain boots to go with them.
They came with some nice Crit Hit chance and Attack Speed, but no INT at all, though I've managed to get a good INT roll on them while trying to roll for Crit Damage, since the gloves I was replacing had 10% Crit Hit Chance and 50% Crit Damage.
This is how they look right now, after spending all the souls I had on them:

Should I just keep them as is while hoping to find some Frostburn gloves, or should I keep throwing souls toward getting Crit Damage (something like 48% at least) on them?

Nah, your souls would be better spent crafting more gloves to try and get a trifectable roll. There's no need to throw souls at a subpar crafted item when you can easily craft more (Cain's mat is pretty farmable).

My current clan is all but dead so I'd love to get in on the new Gaf clan. The only issue is that one of the two people who still play in my clan is a good IRL friend of mine. Don't want to seem like I'm abandoning him. Ugh, so torn.

th3dude

Up to about 30 sign ups. Will be getting invites started in the next couple hours. Leaning towards NeoGAF as the name unless there is a strong vote otherwise.

You may need to leave your current clan to get the new invite.

Granadier

Polls seem dead, so it'd probably be best to go with NeoGAF.

edit: Should the clan MOD's be changed to inform people about this switch?

Xamdou

Up to about 30 sign ups. Will be getting invites started in the next couple hours. Leaning towards NeoGAF as the name unless there is a strong vote otherwise.

You may need to leave your current clan to get the new invite.

How do I sign up!? Yes go for NeoGAF!

valeo

Hmm , i want to play this game (Diablo 3) but i wonder if it will go on sale in the near future ?

Also would somebody recommend me to buy the Reaper of souls version together with the vanilla game which the former i assume is either an add on or expansion pack ?

When is the last time you saw a new Blizzard game go on sale?

I wouldn't recommend buying Reaper of Souls unless you really want to play Crusader straight off the bat. (probably the least interesting class out of the 6, imo)

I'd get vanilla first and play to 60 - if you then want more content, get RoS.

Granadier

When is the last time you saw a new Blizzard game go on sale?

I wouldn't recommend buying Reaper of Souls unless you really want to play Crusader straight off the bat. (probably the least interesting class out of the 6, imo)

I'd get vanilla first and play to 60 - if you then want more content, get RoS.

Huh? RoS isn't just Crusader.

Thorgal, don't listen to this person.

valeo

You get all of the benefits of Loot 2.0 in vanilla D3.

You do not unlock Adventure mode until you beat the game.

It's pointless buying RoS unless you're delving deeper into it.

I played a few characters to 60 in vanilla D3 - since buying RoS I've been playing on and off with my brother maybe 3-4 times a week and we're up to level 30ish. I still haven't seen anything different that I couldn't of seen in Vanilla D3 except my brothers Crusader.

Xamdou

quote post 1978 and check the email tag for the link

Sciz doesn't exist, he/she is a myth. We only have 1 other officer and I have never seen them either.

Going to probably stay till invites start going out and point the remaing clan members to the OT2 thread.

Ok cool signed up!

Sciz

Do we have to leave our current clans to get the invite, or can we wait for the invite and then leave?

Inviting someone to a clan technically adds them to the roster up front, with the consequence that you can't send invites to people who are already in one. Probably can't have more than one outstanding invite as well.

Hatchtag

Banned

You don't need Reaper of Souls first, even with all the new stuff. I got Diablo 3 a couple of weeks ago and have played about 50 hours so far. Got to level 60/Paragon level 42. Probably gonna do the hellfire ring quest and the whimyshire quest and then upgrade to Reaper of Souls. There's plenty of content in just vanilla.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom