• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

garath

To be fair it is more than just that. One of the biggest fixes is the elemental damage on weapons not working properly with %DMG. I will probably gain around 100 weapon DPS after the patch.

This site has all the upcoming changes in a neat parcel.

Yeah. I think I'm looking forward to the elemental damage fix the most. I have two weapons just waiting for it. Bounty difficulty level fix second.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Finally got a 1h bow to drop and its pretty crap. Sigh.

Isn't horrible but certainly won't be an upgrade.

What's a viable Demon Hunter build that doesn't use cluster shot? Meaning, why would you ever want a one-handed bow? I just recently got a DH to 70 and am curious.

Ronabo

Stone of Jordan with fire damage, Reaper's wraps with fire damage, Andariel's with fire damage, and you can probably swap out the Mad Monarch's for a Devastator (crafted legendary) for even more fire damage.

I made a reapers wraps with fire, but it was missing the damage reduction on ranged attacks which I like. I have an Andariel's with lighting I could try and rerole. But my current helm works so well with Threatening Shout to charm enemies. I do want a Decastator, but I haven't gotten the plan to drop.

Find Might of the Earth set and Lut Socks, jump around and be awesome.
3 pieces of earthen set + lut socks would more than double your damage, + you can combine it with the aughild set to make you tanky enough for higher torments

I have 2 pieces of the set and no socks yet. Would love to be a rabid Barb-Bunny :)

I can't believe the amount of pieces needed to use that Furious Charge with all the runes applied. Is it that strong? Anyone here have it and use it?

For all you guys stuck on t2-3 due to no luck with set or build defining drops, try to make a monk friend who has the Exploding palm weapon, having one in your group will speed up your clear times immensely and allows you to do one higher torment than you normally would

And the two standout changes are those ones. The rest are bug fixes. Not to discredit them or anything but the only real non-bugfixes are the bounty bags and blood shard change. At this point, I'm really hoping this patch has an early skill retune pass as well rather than just the Torment-scaling change.

any skill returne pass we get will consist of nerfing every single t5-6 viable build into the ground and some token incremental buff (20 percent more weapon dmg on some builder or spender) for the other specs
mark my words

I have 2 pieces of the set and no socks yet. Would love to be a rabid Barb-Bunny :)

I can't believe the amount of pieces needed to use that Furious Charge with all the runes applied. Is it that strong? Anyone here have it and use it?
barb goes from zero to hero with earthen set^^
If I were you I'd put all my blood shards into boots till I got the lut socks to be ready for when you find the earth piece

And no the raekor set (I assume that's the one you mean) is not strong
It does pityful dmg on bosses and merely ok dmg on trash and you will piss off your group members with it by knocking the enemies away from them :p

tch

What's a good fire build for wizards? Specifically what is a good arcane power dump? I'm using scorch arcane orb right now but it's a bit underwhelming.

Sykotik

What's a good fire build for wizards? Specifically what is a good arcane power dump? I'm using scorch arcane orb right now but it's a bit underwhelming.

Meteor Shower or Wave of Force.

I use them both - WoF for trash packs, Meteor Shower for elites.

tch

Thanks I'll try those out.

Man I have storm armor on and the paralysis passive just to proc my haunt of vaxo. Really hope I find some chance to stun gear...

Karg

Last night was slow for GAFMAX but this gem came up and I'm still laughing....

v1tUEq0.jpg

ZenaxPure

And no the raekor set (I assume that's the one you mean) is not strong
It does pityful dmg on bosses and merely ok dmg on trash and you will piss off your group members with it by knocking the enemies away from them :p

Either you haven't actually used the set, or you were really bad at using it. I've used both the EQ set and the charge set for a decent chunk of time now and I can say without a doubt my trash clearing speed has gone down changing from the charge set to the EQ set. With the charge set I charge into a pack for around 15 mil (which procs strong arms) and then hammer them for around 20 million and OP them at the same time for around 23-25 million. Basically I am looking at around 60 million damage in under a second which even on T5 can destroy a lot of white packs completely. The EQ set on the other hand has a ramp up time as you have to leap 3 times before you start doing pretty good damage, with the charge set I am usually moving on to the next pack in the same time in takes to land 3 leaps.

It's very much a trade off, the charge set is much better for bursting down packs, but, the EQ set has better sustained damage (which means bosses will die faster). Either way, the charge set is perfectly capable for T5/T6 as for the past 3ish weeks it was what I had available and I've been doing T5 rifts solo very efficiently.

Discobird

What's a viable Demon Hunter build that doesn't use cluster shot? Meaning, why would you ever want a one-handed bow? I just recently got a DH to 70 and am curious.

You use a one-handed bow if (1) it has legendary affixes you want (Danetta's set, Calamity's MFD proc, Nat's set bonus) and (2) your resource efficiency is at the point where CA:LFB spam with a 1her is viable even with the higher attack speed of 1h xbows. In other words, you have a Cindercoat and Pride's Fall. I can shoot 35+ CA:LFBs in a row in town with my DWing fire setup.

As for viable spenders other than Cluster Arrow... Chakram, Fan of Knives, Strafe, Multishot are all viable but require varying degrees of gear to support. The cookie cutter CA:LFB works with rares (not amazingly well, but well enough until you get your Pride's Fall and Cindercoat). Other builds tend to be more specialized and require more specific legendaries--Marauder 4 pc, Garwulf, T&T, Buriza, Bombardier's or Ninth Cirri Satchel.

Either you haven't actually used the set, or you were really bad at using it. I've used both the EQ set and the charge set for a decent chunk of time now and I can say without a doubt my trash clearing speed has gone down changing from the charge set to the EQ set. With the charge set I charge into a pack for around 15 mil (which procs strong arms) and then hammer them for around 20 million and OP them at the same time for around 23-25 million. Basically I am looking at around 60 million damage in under a second which even on T5 can destroy a lot of white packs completely. The EQ set on the other hand has a ramp up time as you have to leap 3 times before you start doing pretty good damage, with the charge set I am usually moving on to the next pack in the same time in takes to land 3 leaps.

It's very much a trade off, the charge set is much better for bursting down packs, but, the EQ set has better sustained damage (which means bosses will die faster). Either way, the charge set is perfectly capable for T5/T6 as for the past 3ish weeks it was what I had available and I've been doing T5 rifts solo very efficiently.

15m dmg doesn't even register on higher torments, total waste of a skill slot
my quakes tick for 50+m (upto 140m ticks in group with my berserker wrath and I'm not even using strongarm ,adnarial or yan), 15m is one hota worth of dmg on non elites so you know I could just save the skill slot and hota them
I have the set, I've ran with another barb with the set , it's trash compared to quake and the dmg that matters (vs elites) is pathetic

I wish it was good (more builds for barbs instead of just fire/firequake) but it's not

sounds like you're using quake set wrong if anything:p

RDreamer

Lowest para opens:
500, 400, 180 joins

Highest para opens:
180, 20, 50 joins

I can lower HP on boss but it's easier to invite at 98% and then by the time I get boss everyone is loaded in to just smash it.

I always do lowest and have switched to lowest level/para so that people leveling their alts can get fucked and open the rift because they make everyone wait for them or contribute nothing to clearing.

I don't even understand how you'd get different joins. Those things fill up in seconds. There isn't even time to differentiate.

And I've switched to just leveling my fucking alt through RIFs because of everyone doing lowest para. If I'm going to have to open every fucking rift then I want some levels with my alt. Give me a chance and I'll think about contributing more (though my loading is completely random and I might not be able to anyway).

Wait a second why are we even talking about contributing to clearing, anyway? The whole concept is that 3 people don't contribute fucking anything to clearing and you get your free open.

akumacombos.com

Neo Member
HCNEoX7.jpg

Reroll the hatred regen or vit into a socket. One of my major complaints with giving up my quiver is the loss of toughness. Keeping the vit and giving up the hatred regen would go a long way in making up for it.

CA DH is all about hatred dumps rather than the slow recovery anyways.

I only use my danetta's for quick bounty or mat runs anyways so maybe it doesn't matter. I use a nat's slayer and quiver for rifting.

That´s a great crossbow (and it´s just one hand only just like i prefer), when I was playing with demon hunter the best I had was:

oYOz25t.jpg

Wait a second why are we even talking about contributing to clearing, anyway? The whole concept is that 3 people don't contribute fucking anything to clearing and you get your free open.

Pretty much. I go in expecting to carry a group of 4. My demon hunter can do that on T3, which is the highest I bother with anyways.

My local internet connection was wonky as hell last night, someone from GAFmax came into my game and before I could even see who it was I lost connection. So sorry about that whomever was cool enough to login to a lower level characters game.

RDreamer

So this is like the 3rd or 4th time I've said something about it, but is it just impossible to get into the GAF clan(s) now?

I was about to ask about the status of this.

I still think the best way of resolving this is to either boot every single person from one of the clans and active people can just rejoin or create a brand new clan where active people can rejoin.

eek5

I don't even understand how you'd get different joins. Those things fill up in seconds. There isn't even time to differentiate.

And I've switched to just leveling my fucking alt through RIFs because of everyone doing lowest para. If I'm going to have to open every fucking rift then I want some levels with my alt. Give me a chance and I'll think about contributing more (though my loading is completely random and I might not be able to anyway).

People look and only join ones where they won't open. Leecher mentality.

If you run you'll notice the same people are always the first 3 requesters because they are fast and have that time to evaluate whether or not they will open.

I don't really care because I nuke shit but I've joined T5-6 on my monk before joining highest opens (mostly becuase IDGAF if I open or not) and I've seen that shit drag on for like 3 mins, to the point where I considered just leaving lol

Wait a second why are we talking about opening anyway? The whole concept is you get a free boss kill for 5 fragments which take 30 seconds to farm. I join EVERY RIF expecting to open because, given the chance, I would trade 5 frags for free xp, gold, shards, etc. EVERY SINGLE TIME. If there was a vendor that would give me 15mil xp, 40 shards, and 100k gold for 10 frags I'd convert my entire stack and go split bounty running all day and that's way worse of an exchange than you're actually getting in RIF even if you open every single portal.

So this is like the 3rd or 4th time I've said something about it, but is it just impossible to get into the GAF clan(s) now?

I was about to ask about the status of this.

I still think the best way of resolving this is to either boot every single person from one of the clans and active people can just rejoin or create a brand new clan where active people can rejoin.

I got in by posting in the GAF Clans section... lets not be hasty I dont want to be kicked out and have to wait to join up again.

RDreamer

Not sure how the "easiest" / "best" way is booting 150 people.

How else do you determine whether someone is active or not? It's probably easier to let active people find their way back in rather than trying to determine who is not active and specifically booting them.

Either way, we probably have less than 150 active people, yet 3 full clans.

eek5

If your trying to get into NAGAF clans then contact Sciz, he let me in.

The problem isn't inviting. Any member can invite people to the clan. The issue is removing inactive people to make space so that more people can get invited. If the clan is already at capacity then you are SOL.

th3dude

We could just wipe the slate clean and start over. I feel like GAFO is dead. Probably lots of folks are inactive now in all of the clans and we can probably consolidate to 1.

RDreamer

We could just wipe the slate clean and start over. I feel like GAFO is dead. Probably lots of folks are inactive now in all of the clans and we can probably consolidate to 1.

That's what I'm saying to do. Create a new one or nuke an old one. Same process. Active people have an incentive to find the correct clan and/or post here to figure it out. Inactive people don't. It's easier to gather active than it is to figure out who isn't.

th3dude

That's what I'm saying to do. Create a new one or nuke an old one. Same process. Active people have an incentive to find the correct clan and/or post here to figure it out. Inactive people don't. It's easier to gather active than it is to figure out who isn't.

Yea, totally agree. I've resorted to joining the Reddit and other community chat just to have folks to talk to since GAFO is so quiet.

Dahbomb

Was doing Rift with a group and asked someone to join in for the RG kill. We killed the RG but then we realized we were in the bigger version of the Jailer map where the RG was killed. So I announced that we were going to clear the area and then close. The guy who came in starts complaining "I didn't sign up for this! I am the one paying for the god damn Rift!" and other bunch of entitled bull shit. I put him on blast then told him to leave if he wants to. He left within a microsecond of me telling him that.

God damn leechers get free Forgotten Souls and loot but still they gotta complain about waiting or spending 5 Fragments.

RoKKeR

Noob questions allowed in here? A buddy and I fired up Diablo III for the first time in what must have been well over a year yesterday and had an absolute blast. Interesting how fun the game can be when you're actually getting, not only good loot often, but it is much more tailored to your class and needs.

I've been running Witch Doctor and it seems a few powers have been switched around in the past year or so. What are some of the best ways to run WD right now? I'm not the biggest fan of pets so I've been using Spirit Run, the soul sucking thing, Grasp of the Dead and then usually some AoE power on mobs that are trapped. Any other neat play styles that I'm missing out on?

Oh, and are the other difficulty levels besides Normal really only tailored to characters who have gotten loot from Reaper of Souls?

As an officer, I don't believe I have the ability to kick anyone. I agree we need to consolidate. The sooner the better.

I would be down to start a new one. Call it GAFGold.

ZenaxPure

sounds like you're using quake set wrong if anything:p

Yeah... No. Honestly you have no idea what you're talking about. I've been running the charge set for weeks now and I've been doing T5 no problem. You're entirely missing the point about the ability. In packs of mobs it fills your fury bar, hits for around 15 mil, and does not have a cooldown. Yeah 15 million damage "isn't much" sure, but, it drags all enemies to one spot which is where the hammer/overpower comes in and all the area damage/bloodshed those abilities proc INSTANTLY.

Earthquake has a ramp up time, it takes a few seconds to get the damage going where as you can charge/hammer/OP in around one second. It is not as fast as the charge set for clearing packs of enemies, not even close.

I've been running the charge set on T5 for weeks, you clearly do not have an understanding of the usefulness of the ability if you think it's bad because of the damage, the damage is just a side bonus to all the other benefits of it.

Celegus

As an officer, I don't believe I have the ability to kick anyone. I agree we need to consolidate. The sooner the better.

I would be down to start a new one. Call it GAFGold.

I missed out the first time around and my guild is mostly dead, so I'd be down for joining if there's room.

eek5

Was doing Rift with a group and asked someone to join in for the RG kill. We killed the RG but then we realized we were in the bigger version of the Jailer map where the RG was killed. So I announced that we were going to clear the area and then close. The guy who came in starts complaining "I didn't sign up for this! I am the one paying for the god damn Rift!" and other bunch of entitled bull shit. I put him on blast then told him to leave if he wants to. He left within a microsecond of me telling him that.

God damn leechers get free Forgotten Souls and loot but still they gotta complain about waiting or spending 5 Fragments.

I usually clear around the boss if it is a good level before inviting. I've had one case where I asked everyone if they wanted to clear and they agreed but yeah leechers are entitled pieces of dirt.

I had one guy claim I cheated him and how unfair it was because I was running w/ 3 people when I clearly said "1 spot - you open". The fuck did he expect when he joined?

th3dude

I missed out the first time around and my guild is mostly dead, so I'd be down for joining if there's room.

There should definitely be room for all the 'regular' GAF D3 players. We have 2-3 clans right now that are getting very thin in terms of active players, so consolidating will be nice.

We're talking US-GAF, right?

I'm down for consolidating clans. GAFO has 145 members but, it's down to about 10 on and active during peak times so I'm sure we have a lot of inactives. I'll sticky a note about it and see what the response is.

Also if anyone needs a clan in the meantime GAFO has 5 slots open. I'll open it up to allow invite requests until it's full.

Insaniac

I'd like an invite to the consolidated clan if that happens, can't remember my battletag# at the moment i'll edit post later tonight

th3dude

I'd say let's just pick someone that volunteers to start GAFGold. I'm happy to, but I won't be on for another 4-5 hours.

From there, we can start inviting folks from the thread and from the clans that are active.

I'm in GAFO, I play everyday, and the most users I see online during the evenings are around 10-12. So, yeah.

Yea, you're one of the few I see online in GAFO (th3dude here)

Yeah all the clan officers need to make a blanket post. We need to coordinate this as well as we can.

Should we deal with this here or the clan thread I've never posted in and have no clue where it is lol.

Edit: has ashodin been logging on?

th3dude

Yeah all the clan officers need to make a blanket post. We need to coordinate this as well as we can.

Should we deal with this here or the clan thread I've never posted in and have no clue where it is lol.

Probably here. We're spread thin enough as it is lol.

I dont want to step on feet but it would make most sense to try to consolidate on this thread, seems to be where all the people are.

I agree.

I agree.

Can the officers of GAFO and GAFMAX post something leading active members to this thread for discussion before we do anything final?

I put something up in GAFO. It refers people here if they are interested in the consolidation clan.

scy

Edit: has ashodin been logging on?

Not on Diablo 3 I think.

I'm down for whatever we end up doing I guess. Just need to make sure we don't try to consolidate with 200+ people :x

Not on Diablo 3 I think.

I'm down for whatever we end up doing I guess. Just need to make sure we don't try to consolidate with 200+ people :x

You just have to think about the little guys... I have a level 37 monk no paragon levels... I play at least everyday for an hour at the low points I just started playing again after ROS came out.

Gotta think about the little guys.

Not on Diablo 3 I think.

He's the GAF leader, so any plan that involves weeding out inactive accounts would require his participation.

I agree we need to figure out a number. I made the suggestion the other day, but maybe we can start a post where we quote each other and get a list. Maybe a google doc or something as well.

You just have to think about the little guys... I have a level 37 monk no paragon levels... I play at least everyday for an hour at the low points I just started playing again after ROS came out.

Gotta think about the little guys.

At this point I would say activity trumps all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom