• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.
WAYS TO GET IN THE NA NeoGAF CLAN:

PM an Officer here on Gaf or in game:
sn1pes
Bl4ckSunsh1n3
Ashodin
scy
IceMarker
Granadier
fender

Or, join GAF community chat and ask in there.

Thanks!

FYI ... If you join GAF community and request invite and your Inge name differs from your board name, we're probably going to as you to PM us to prevent lurker a from joining.

The Cowboy

I recon the EU clan is kinda dead (or just bleeding badly), the most I've seen online since joining is 15 people and today it was just 1 for quite some time (just me). I really wish Blizzard had put in a way to easily transfer your characters to different regions, i would love to move my Wiz and WD over to the more active clan/chat :(,

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Aww, thanks for the votes. I'd be all over this coup with some Tropico music playing if I wasn't about to board a plane. Feel free to hand over the reins when I'm on later if you want. It doesn't really matter in practice as long as the officers have sufficient powers.

I looked at this. How the hell is he clearing T6 fast with those gear. Is he abusing the Unity bug on followers that makes your toon invincible?

Yup, if you scroll down you can see it on the followers.

cdyhybrid

Game pls

MEqqscN.png

I just want one good one.

Aww, thanks for the votes. I'd be all over this coup with some Tropico music playing if I wasn't about to board a plane. Feel free to hand over the reins when I'm on later if you want. It doesn't really matter in practice as long as the officers have sufficient powers.

Hops Vegas was fun. First time? Living in la county it's like a 3 hour drive from me. I try to not go though. I spend WAY too much.

th3dude

If there is a need or want to make someone else the leader, that's cool with me. I'm just glad everyone is playing in the same group now :p

IceMarker

If there is a need or want to make someone else the leader, that's cool with me. I'm just glad everyone is playing in the same group now :p

Ashodin and Raticus for sure! EDIT: Looks like you can only have 1 leader per clan sn1pes, just pass the torch to Raticus79 when the time comes. ;o

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
WAYS TO GET IN THE NA NeoGAF CLAN:

PM an Officer here on Gaf or in game:
sn1pes
Bl4ckSunsh1n3
Ashodin
scy
IceMarker
Granadier
fender

Or, join GAF community chat and ask in there.

Thanks!

Quoting this for the new page.

joesmokey

I looked at this. How the hell is he clearing T6 fast with those gear. Is he abusing the Unity bug on followers that makes your toon invincible?
"With those gear", seriously? You do realize this is the most damage you can get outside of a Wand of Woh build? I can pretty much destroy any enemy before they even get to me in solo play.
Unity isn't really necessary for speeds, it just makes life easier. Cold Snap + Black Hole takes care of most any dicey situations. Everything is dead after one or two rotations of that (outside of packs with Extra Health affixes). Even then, with Ice Climbers, I can always move about and wait until cooldowns are up. I don't run t6 with Glass Cannon, but I don't play the game anymore so my skills are a bit outdated.

Anyway, not really sure why I felt the need to justify this.

ElyrionX

"With those gear", seriously? You do realize this is the most damage you can get outside of aWand of Woh build? I can pretty much destroy any enemy before they even get to me in solo play.

Unity isn't really necessary for speeds, it just makes life easier. Cold Snap + Black Hole takes care of most any dicey situations. Everything is dead after one or two rotations of that (outside of packs with Extra Health affixes). Even then, with Ice Climbers, I can always move about and wait until cooldowns are up. I don't run t6 with Glass Cannon, but I don't play the game anymore so my skills are a bit outdated.

Anyway, not really sure why I felt the need to justify this.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not being aggressive here or anything. I'm just more puzzled than anything.

With your gear, how much do you crit for per magic missile? I'm estimating 4-6mn x3? Anyway, the question isn't your damage. It's your mitigation. You have gear like Andy's and WH which means you sacrifice a lot of eHP. I have no idea how you stay alive if you don't have Unity. I am only asking because I just tried running T6 myself yesterday and it was hard. Granted, I was using a facetanking Woh build but still. I do have gear in my stash that is close to what you are using. Maybe I will test it tonight.

joesmokey

Don't get me wrong. I'm not being aggressive here or anything. I'm just more puzzled than anything.

With your gear, how much do you crit for per magic missile? I'm estimating 4-6mn x3? Anyway, the question isn't your damage. It's your mitigation. You have gear like Andy's and WH which means you sacrifice a lot of eHP. I have no idea how you stay alive if you don't have Unity. I am only asking because I just tried running T6 myself yesterday and it was hard. Granted, I was using a facetanking Woh build but still. I do have gear in my stash that is close to what you are using. Maybe I will test it tonight.
Without Unity I swap in RoRG and still get damage reduction from elites. HP doesn't really get you anything, you just need enough mitigation to survive a couple of hits each pull. I add back HP where it has a bigger roll selection like with Mirrorball (most people mistakenly put skill dmg on off-hand instead of belt).

With Black Hole and Cold Snap, you only get ticked for the unavoidables like Thunderstorm. You don't take damage because everything is mostly chained stunned (even more so if you use Evocation). Cold Snap with CDR is really undervalued.

Shifty76

So, I was grouped with someone the other night who was nice enough to give me his +19% cold dmg, 7% ias, ~700 int, ~700 vit Andy's helm that dropped for him. Once I re-roll that vit to cc (assume vit is a better option than ias?) what's a nice cold based build to take advantage of that? Guessing some combination of frozen orb / magic missile with cold rune then all the dmg boosting passives?

Haven't played wiz since RoS dropped but I figure that Andy's is enough motivation to level my old CM wiz from 60 to 70 to try out the new toy.

ProjectPick

Neo Member
Ran 3 straight T2 rifts that I advertised as free in RIFF... Still had somebody just run over and open next without asking!!

Out of duty still ran them all to keep passing. Lame thing was nothing cool dropped. Kept thinking karma would beat RNG....

ElyrionX

So, I was grouped with someone the other night who was nice enough to give me his +19% cold dmg, 7% ias, ~700 int, ~700 vit Andy's helm that dropped for him. Once I re-roll that vit to cc (assume vit is a better option than ias?) what's a nice cold based build to take advantage of that? Guessing some combination of frozen orb / magic missile with cold rune then all the dmg boosting passives?

Haven't played wiz since RoS dropped but I figure that Andy's is enough motivation to level my old CM wiz from 60 to 70 to try out the new toy.

Pure cold spec is not viable for higher Torments. Too little damage. You'd also need a Mirrorball since the strongest signature cold spell is Glacial Spike.

Sigmaah

Got my 3rd Thunderfury today and I think it's the best one I've gotten but I don't think I'm ever going to use it... Also got 2 raekor shoulders today... I DON'T WANT RAEKOR!!!

Just give me my fucking earth set already!

I really think playing with a full party of your own class helps a lot with these drops, plus you can share loot like sets especially if they already got the set! Gonna be playing with barbs on barbs for a bit until I get my earth!

I'll probably get raekors before earth though...

bjaelke

I recon the EU clan is kinda dead (or just bleeding badly), the most I've seen online since joining is 15 people and today it was just 1 for quite some time (just me). I really wish Blizzard had put in a way to easily transfer your characters to different regions, i would love to move my Wiz and WD over to the more active clan/chat :(,

Or just create a new clan on eu similar to what na gaf has done.

IceMarker

Up to 88 Clan Members now! We'll fill up by the end of the week!

Just want to mention we will ask for your GAF username not only for people to help identify you, but to make sure lurkers in the GAF community chat don't get in the clan.

Almost home time. Then to accept that precious clan invite before heading off to a birthday dinner. Sadly no D3 tonight.

Maybe if I give Kadala some space for a night tomorrow she will give me what I want.

scy

I just gave away two Shard of Hates in one day.

That's enough karma to get me anything I want ever, right?! ;__;

desverger

Last night while trying to gamble for Jek I managed to get the Eberli Charo (http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/eberli-charo), which - with my current gear, allows me to keep FoH up 100% of the time.

Now, I've got a Fate of the Fell in my bank, with kinda shitty damage, no socket and up to 1m reroll cost now (still trying to get a socket on that friggin' stupid flail).

Should I blow all my money, shards, souls and time trying to get a socket on the damn thing, since I'm wondering if those two could work nicely together - 3 beams with a 100% uptime.

Or is that not the same magnitude of a build as a Jekangbord with Blessed Shield?

profile link:
http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/beancurry-2524/hero/39983578

I just gave away two Shard of Hates in one day.

That's enough karma to get me anything I want ever, right?! ;__;

You just need a couple set pieces right? It's gotta sting being at that point. It's not like you can accumulate other useful stuff for trading purposes either ;_;

Totakeke

Well, I traded away Akkhan Pants for Baleful Remnant, and also got three shoulder pieces now. Could really use another or two Chest piece with skill rolls though.

Sorry.

The Crusader community has crusaders running loot sharing rifts, but it could be more of a give than take thing depending how you view it. YMMV :p

Last night while trying to gamble for Jek I managed to get the Eberli Charo (http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/eberli-charo), which - with my current gear, allows me to keep FoH up 100% of the time.

Now, I've got a Fate of the Fell in my bank, with kinda shitty damage, no socket and up to 1m reroll cost now (still trying to get a socket on that friggin' stupid flail).

Should I blow all my money, shards, souls and time trying to get a socket on the damn thing, since I'm wondering if those two could work nicely together - 3 beams with a 100% uptime.

Or is that not the same magnitude of a build as a Jekangbord with Blessed Shield?

profile link:
http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/beancurry-2524/hero/39983578

It's cool to look at, but that's it. At most a supplement to another damage dealing skill. Definitely doesn't belong in the BS/Condemn/FoH realm.

desverger

It's cool to look at, but that's it. At most a supplement to another damage dealing skill. Definitely doesn't belong in the BS/Condemn/FoH realm.

That's what I was afraid of. There's a couple of fundamental issues with Heaven's Fury, that seem to make it an "ok" skill instead of a great one, at least if you're not using the Fires of Heaven rune.

Guess I'll spare the hair in my head and not roll on that flail again, and keep on gambling for that Jek :p

Though, maybe, just maybe if I got a socket on the damn thing it could enable FoH for me..

Pepto

Banned
So what's happening with the EU clan? Most nights there is only at most 5 people online. Where did everyone go?

Totakeke

Man, does no one have a Baleful Remnant plus Tasker and Theo? Most of what I can find is just mere theorycrafting. I'm guessing the reason no one actually puts data or video of this out is because the combination sucks.

desverger

Man, does no one have a Baleful Remnant plus Tasker and Theo? Most of what I can find is just mere theorycrafting. I'm guessing the reason no one actually puts data or video of this out is because the combination sucks.

I think it's just the fact that Tasker and Theo seems to be super mega rare :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom