• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taz

I'm guessing people are waiting for 2.0.5/2.1?

I'm still playing daily but I can understand why the online numbers have dropped.

I'm in the EU clan and played solid since release, but I've hit a point were I need to grind out 100s of hours for sets , added the fact that I like to play all classes means I need to multiple that by 6, hadn't touched any other games since so I'm playing them till they add trading / tiered rifts / ladders

The problem is they took away trading and didn't adjust things to compensate it, so its really easy to hit a gear wall.

Game pls

I just want one good one.
good luck:p
the only way to get a good devestator (without winning the dmg roll lottery) is to get one with a socket, str and a nice fire dmg roll so you can reroll the damage yourself (be ready to spend about 30 million doing this it'll take a lot of tries)
You need a perfect damage roll to get near 2200 dps :\

Took me 18 tries to craft str+socket+fire dmg so keep trying

I just gave away two Shard of Hates in one day.

That's enough karma to get me anything I want ever, right?! ;__;

Karma? pff
I gave away 2 thunderfuries in one day and in the 10 days following that I got an SoJ on the 5th day and that was it, it was only 400 rifts later that loot started finally rolling in.

Also damn I've never had a SoH drop in 1050 rifts...

I'm in the EU clan and played solid since release, but I've hit a point were I need to grind out 100s of hours for sets , added the fact that I like to play all classes means I need to multiple that by 6, hadn't touched any other games since so I'm playing them till they add trading / tiered rifts / ladders

The problem is they took away trading and didn't adjust things to compensate it, so its really easy to hit a gear wall.
Yep
My barb is geared because I treated him like a main and exclusively played him for 700+ rifts, but if you want to try builds on your alts? good fucking luck
Personally I don't have it in me to go through this grind again on my WD or wizard (my barb still doesn't have 3 pieces of IK btw! )
My WD has jeram and a (terrible roll) Tasker and theo but it would take me weeks of constant play to maybe get the zuni pieces or jade harvester set

The game needs trading or some less rng way to get setpieces at higher torments
The group I play with has been spamming t4-t6 rifts for a week now and our WD still doesn't have his 4th zuni piece (and he's also ran many lootsharing 4WD runs with people who didn't need zuni), if you can't even get geared in t4-6 then blizz fucked up

I'd like to go for that too. Already have the mojo and a physical SOJ. 2 more pieces and tasker till fetish-pocalypse
Lol I got a dam good equips for this set.
Tasker and Teo:
736 intelligence
7% attack speed
50% crit hit damage
9% crit chance
49% pet speed attack
Mask of Jarem:
626 intelligence
100 all resistance
6% crit chance
98% pet damage
Currebtly owns the boots of Zunimassa's

dengatron

after 7 set pieces today(2 zuni head/2 zuni chest/helltooth shoulders/boots/chest) i'm still yet to see a piece of jade harvester. need more people with alts to be slinging gear to.

lilltias

Question about Exploding Palm.

Does it scale with Physical? So that if I have + 37% dmg on physical, it will deal 87% dmg (50+37) of the targets health to nearby enemies?

MrDaravon

Ladies and gentlemen, I present the worst Witching Hour in the history of man:

rjhIzsP.jpg

Also unrelated, but for a lightning monk which bracers would be better?

Inv4ZTH.jpg

I'm using DR:SB which is obviously the main draw of the Strongarms, but the knockup on that doesn't seem to work on a lot of elites/bosses so not sure if it's worth it. Also worth mentioning that at least for the moment I'm running Lightning LTK and a high stun % Sledgefist, so stuff is stunned a lot.

scy

Easiest way for invites is to hop into the GAF Community and ask for one of us to invite you. Just be prepared to add your GAF name since we're trying to keep it to actual GAF members for the time being.

Well, I traded away Akkhan Pants for Baleful Remnant, and also got three shoulder pieces now. Could really use another or two Chest piece with skill rolls though.

Sorry.

I've given away plenty of Shoulder, Chest, Gloves, and Pants. Collectively, I've seen close to 30 pieces drop, they've just all been those slots on infinite loop. I'm about ready to just force my friends to play their Crusaders while I solo carry T3/T4 for days.

Man, does no one have a Baleful Remnant plus Tasker and Theo? Most of what I can find is just mere theorycrafting. I'm guessing the reason no one actually puts data or video of this out is because the combination sucks.

I have a decent Baleful and Tasker. Even have a set of Physical gear. Just never sat down and tried the combination.

Karma? pff
I gave away 2 thunderfuries in one day and in the 10 days following that I got an SoJ on the 5th day and that was it, it was only 400 rifts later that loot started finally rolling in.

Also damn I've never had a SoH drop in 1050 rifts...

I've given away a ton of stuff in general. The 2x Shard of Hate today was just extra special karma points. I think. I hope. Probably not. I'm currently at ~1400 rifts so I've given away basically everything in the game at least once.

Azulsky

I generally prefer the Parthans to Strongarm. You aren't even likely to be able to knockup white mobs in rifts because they are likely to not be the trash tier like Khazra.

You gonna need all the damage mitigation you can stack.

The only caveat is pull monk. It might apply in the same way that I have heard it counts Pirahnado as knockup. Just test it.

Negator

I've given away plenty of Shoulder, Chest, Gloves, and Pants. Collectively, I've seen close to 30 pieces drop, they've just all been those slots on infinite loop. I'm about ready to just force my friends to play their Crusaders while I solo carry T3/T4 for days.

My Crusader is generally trash, but I would entertain the idea of stacking some classes to fill the loot holes we have, i.e. my Vyr pants, your Akkhan boots, Denga's entire jade set (lol)

I'm going to take a serious look at improving my alts so they can at least serve as loot supplements on t2 or 3 or whatever.

Mumei

after 7 set pieces today(2 zuni head/2 zuni chest/helltooth shoulders/boots/chest) i'm still yet to see a piece of jade harvester. need more people with alts to be slinging gear to.

As a WD, I've found one piece of the Jade Harvester's set (Shoulders) and one piece of Zunimassa (a Ring, ugh).

Last night I found Julia's Cameo, and it suuucked.

bcl0328

damn i want to join the GAF clan, but i would feel guilty leaving my friend's clan. we are all friends/family in there, just they don't play that much anymore. so conflicted...

J0dy77

Are any of the officers in Gafmax still monitoring this thread? Please login and promote some officers.

I'm going to reach out to the primary GAF clan today to hopefully move everyone over if we can't get a change.

StMeph

I volunteer to be your friendly neighborhood Crusader and ride the Scy Loot Train (tm) in exchange for whatever Akkhan pieces that drop that you may be missing.

scy

Are any of the officers in Gafmax still monitoring this thread? Please login and promote some officers.

I'm going to reach out to the primary GAF clan today to hopefully move everyone over if we can't get a change.

Erm, we've already made a new clan and had the old one disbanded.

I volunteer to be your friendly neighborhood Crusader and ride the Scy Loot Train (tm) in exchange for whatever Akkhan pieces that drop that you may be missing.

time to start a list

Sure hope there is a spot in the clan in 10 hours lmao.

We're up to 93 as of this morning!

ferr

~4 days since the last blue post. Has it ever been this long post-2.0? I'm guessing the entire dev team quit their jobs in light of the loot table leak. They're making Hellgate Britain 2 or whatever now.

bcl0328

~4 days since the last blue post. Has it ever been this long post-2.0? I'm guessing the entire dev team quit their jobs in light of the loot table leak. They're making Hellgate Britain 2 or whatever now.

they need to start making more changes to this game if they want to keep people playing. almost everyone i know has stopped playing. we all hit gear walls and the right gear just isn't dropping. i'm still chugging along though. just this last week i finally got a few pieces ive been wanting since RoS launch. everyone else just doesn't care and would rather play another game until they buff the caches. now the loot leaks just shows how hopeless it is sometimes.

desverger

Well, technically.. they already got our money in the form of the expansion. What's the rush? :p

edit: I'd play Hellgate Britain 2.

Fucking pitiful, the official forums. I hate going there.

126722886652 said:
good for marauders, so it looks like you never heard of dh pet builds cuz you would be using it instead of that starter fire build

A guy said to someone with pretty top tier fire gear @ paragon 421.

Shaming people for using gear\builds is one of the things I can not stand about this game and its players. Luckily that doesn't happen here =)

RDreamer

they need to start making more changes to this game if they want to keep people playing. almost everyone i know has stopped playing. we all hit gear walls and the right gear just isn't dropping. i'm still chugging along though. just this last week i finally got a few pieces ive been wanting since RoS launch. everyone else just doesn't care and would rather play another game until they buff the caches. now the loot leaks just shows how hopeless it is sometimes.

Probably the only reason I still play is because I've got a few different characters. If I was just doing one main one or even 2, I'd have hit such a frustrating gear wall a long time ago. It makes it easier if you can bounce around.

scy

Probably the only reason I still play is because I've got a few different characters. If I was just doing one main one or even 2, I'd have hit such a frustrating gear wall a long time ago. It makes it easier if you can bounce around.

hahahahaha

;__;

bcl0328

i have a barb and DH that i play sometimes. they just aren't my style though. i will keep playing my wiz until i have the best gear.

I have a DH and a wizard.... but playing on my wizard is kinda depressing considering how weak it is compared to my DH. Nothing drops for my wizard. Nothing.

Vade

Fucking pitiful, the official forums. I hate going there.

A guy said to someone with pretty top tier fire gear @ paragon 421.

Shaming people for using gear\builds is one of the things I can not stand about this game and its players. Luckily that doesn't happen here =)

There is true, to a degree, but if I see a Kider DH who is not using Elemental Arrows yeah you are getting a call out. There is a clear difference to " I am testing things not in the meta/normal" and " I am just fucking stupid please remove my gear".

This idea that it is ok we can carry you, is fine w/e if you are just playing with friends ,but when we are doing t5 and you want a carry because you refuse to optimize not happening.

RDreamer

I've got a Monk, DH, Crusader, and WD all geared up for about up to T3 or so.

My "main" is monk, though I guess nowadays DH is more since it has way more luck it seems. I put a good amount of effort into Crusader and he had some decent luck with things, too. WD is mostly an afterthought at this point, but my other classes have found so much interesting junk for him it seems like the game just wants me to play him.

Celegus

I have a DH and a wizard.... but playing on my wizard is kinda depressing considering how weak it is compared to my DH. Nothing drops for my wizard. Nothing.

I had to give up my barbarian that I played pretty much solely in vanilla D3 because I couldn't find a single thing that wasn't garbage. Leveled my wizard to 70 and she had a cindercoat, fire SoJ, fire amulet and triumvirate in the first couple hours after hitting 70. Haven't had any luck with any other characters, so I think the game just wants me to play a fire wizard.

Fularu

Banned
Dear Blizz gods, please give me some of Scy's loot

Thanks!

Oh and give me one more earth piece so that I can leap around!

Also just the devastator plans, I really needs it!

Your faithfull 900 hours played barb!

(Am I doing it right?)

bcl0328

the problem i have with my DH is hatred. i probably need a cindercoat and resource reduction because after about 5-6 shots i am out of hatred and it does not regen very fast so i'm forced to use a generator. just feels clunky to me. on my wizard when i was using arcane torrent i could channel it until everything was dead and still have half my power left which would be back to full in a few seconds. i never had to use a generator. now with MM and mirrorball i dont even need a spender so i can have 100% uptime of damage. it's just so much nicer.

DEO3

"With those gear", seriously? You do realize this is the most damage you can get outside of a Wand of Woh build? I can pretty much destroy any enemy before they even get to me in solo play.

For what it's worth, I have almost the exact same gear and skillset (with the exception of your amulet and weapon) and while T3 is easy mode, T4 can take me up to 15 minutes to clear, and T5/6 are simply out of the question. You have a lot more sheet dps than I do, but I have a lot more elemental (+30% fire), skill (+22% Magic Missile) and a bit more elite (+5%) damage, making it a wash really. Am I doing something wrong, or is the proc on Thunderfury that good? :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom