• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

RexNovis

Banned
Oh, so he can't transfer a ps4 save to my system through battlenet?

Nah you should be able to do that by logging in as a guest user with his PSN account and allowing his save to sync up. Battlenet isn't involved with that.

But you can I my have I've account logged in at a a time for local coop so either you'd have to play on his acct or he'd have to play on yours. It doesn't support two account logins at one as far as I know

darkkain

I just realized that for some reason, when I imported my PS3 save it gave me 99,999,999,999 gold. No idea why. Looking at my PS3 save I have 1,333,456 gold. Sooo.... if anyone needs some gold hit me up and I'll send 10,000,000 gold your way.

Wanna some too :) Thanks :D

PSN: dark_kainnn

Vorheez

Nah you should be able to do that by logging in as a guest user with his PSN account and allowing his save to sync up. Battlenet isn't involved with that.

But you can I my have I've account logged in at a a time for local coop so either you'd have to play on his acct or he'd have to play on yours. It doesn't support two account logins at one as far as I know
Sorry, I'm confused. He wants to use his character that he has been using at his house alongside me while we play together on my Ps4. Is that possible? I've tried a USB stick and everything. We have been trying for an hour and it's getting incredibly frustrating. Doesn't appear to be any answers to the questions we have on google either.

LtOrange

I just realized that for some reason, when I imported my PS3 save it gave me 99,999,999,999 gold. No idea why. Looking at my PS3 save I have 1,333,456 gold. Sooo.... if anyone needs some gold hit me up and I'll send 10,000,000 gold your way.
I would love to get in on this. PSN: LtOrange

RexNovis

Banned
Sorry, I'm confused. He wants to use his character that he has been using at his house alongside me while we play together on my Ps4. Is that possible? I've tried a USB stick and everything. We have been trying for an hour and it's getting incredibly frustrating. Doesn't appear to be any answers to the questions we have on google either.

If you are each playing a character from a different PSN account then no it's not possible right now as far as I know. For couch co op all characters must be from the same PSN account. Ill check to make sure when I get home but I'm fairly certain thats how it works currently.

I would love to get in on this. PSN: LtOrange

I didn't realize you can send people money. In any case... I don't mind having money just so I can get that trophy knocked out.

PSN: earvcunanan

Thanks

Ok. Just remember to pay it forward to other gaffers please.

I didn't realize you can send people money. In any case... I don't mind having money just so I can get that trophy knocked out.

PSN: earvcunanan

Thanks

darkkain

#RexNovis

Maybe create new topic to gather all participants and we will send items, gold to all each other ?? :) Build this Gaf Diablo's community :)

Great job !

Shinta

Banned
So I just started playing this a little while ago. It's my first Diablo. I'm playing as a Monk.

Am I supposed to just equip any high damage weapons I find in each hand? I kind of wanted to just punch and kick.

Even weirder ... when I equip a dagger and a spear, she doesn't even use them. She carries them around like they're drawn, but then just punches. Is that still increasing my damage? If so, that looks really stupid.

So I just started playing this a little while ago. It's my first Diablo. I'm playing as a Monk.

Am I supposed to just equip any high damage weapons I find in each hand? I kind of wanted to just punch and kick.

Even weirder ... when I equip a dagger and a spear, she doesn't even use them. She carries them around like they're drawn, but then just punches. Is that still increasing my damage? If so, that looks really stupid.

Yeah, the monk's ability is basically martial arts, so even if she carries a sword, she won't cut/slice/stab since her skills are to punch and kick. The damage of the weapon does add to your DPS, though. And different weapons have different attack speeds and different properties, so keep that in mind when choosing weapons.

Navy Bean

So, is it better to just tear through bounties on expert or slog through on master or torment? My wizard can barely handle torment I okay and it takes forever.... Crappy loot night - 5 hours and not a single upgrade.

If you are each playing a character from a different PSN account then no it's not possible right now as far as I know. For couch co op all characters must be from the same PSN account. Ill check to make sure when I get home but I'm fairly certain thats how it works currently.

i believe you can use different accounts, i haven't tested it with two full psn accounts but when i played last night i signed in on my account and my friend signed in as the default "User 1" account. He created his character there and it doesn't show up under my character list. we did get a message that we could only play offline because one of the accounts was not a "proper" psn account or something like that.

omyard

Neo Member

You and your buddy each need to have a PS4 user ID, then you both need to sign into your PSN accounts. If he's playing on your PS4 he should be able to download his save file from the PS+ cloud if he's a PS+ subscriber.

i believe you can use different accounts, i haven't tested it with two full psn accounts but when i played last night i signed in on my account and my friend signed in as the default "User 1" account. He created his character there and it doesn't show up under my character list. we did get a message that we could only play offline because one of the accounts was not a "proper" psn account or something like that.

I believe you have to have your system's network account connect to battle.net in order to play your character on another system via co-op

RexNovis

Banned

You and your buddy each need to have a PS4 user ID, then you both need to sign into your PSN accounts. If he's playing on your PS4 he should be able to download his save file from the PS+ cloud if he's a PS+ subscriber.

Ok so apparently I'm mistaken and you can have two accounts with separate characters for couch co-op. I was assuming it worked the same way as PS3... Mea culpa. Sorry for the confusion.

Having a great time in co-op play with a friend thus far. The game has improved significantly in the past couple of years - without a doubt. Haven't played as much as I would like, but I have managed to get a couple of characters close to level 20. Good game!

Damn, we are 69 and we have to kill Malthael. Grinding to 70 now to get our guaranteed level 70 legendary. :D

One question: Me and my gf are always couch coop'ing. I've PS+ but she does not. Can we still join public games?

And dont forget to add us on PSN: starti / LumaLuu

On the PC version, can't you enlarge the map and play with it center screen, transparent? I always play ARPGs like that and it's frustrating that it seems the only map options are minimap and full screen that pauses the game.
On the PC version, when you enlarge the map, you lose control of your character.
Ah, so it's just like how it is here? That's a really weird design choice, then. I guess playing both Torchlights right after the Starter Edition of D3 clouded my memories.

Damn, we are 69 and we have to kill Malthael. Grinding to 70 now to get our guaranteed level 70 legendary. :D

One question: Me and my gf are always couch coop'ing. I've PS+ but she does not. Can we still join public games?

And dont forget to add us on PSN: starti / LumaLuu

Apparently, both accounts need PSN+ in order to play online. Not sure why it's like that, but I guess it's Blizzard's prerogative for couch co-op playing online.

Can someone tell me if the presents serve another purpose beside passing them on to the friend the game says it's for? I got two drops last evening and I've sent them both immediately but I'm just curious if there is something else you can do with these presents.

Liljagare

Apparently, both accounts need PSN+ in order to play online. Not sure why it's like that, but I guess it's Blizzard's prerogative for couch co-op playing online.

Not true, login first with the non-psn+ account, let the ps+ account join, online coop works.

Or such, there is a post on the official forums on how to get it to work, restoring license on the non+psn+ account might have been involved.. :p

JJD

Wow...just got killed by a nemesis with 4 gaffer phantoms following him!

Whoever from my friend list that finds himself being followed by a Nemesis with 5 player phantoms...I'm sorry! ;-)

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Sweet.

Edit : What the hell, I just died instantly when starting Act IV. Like, not even half a second passed. I heard one blow of the nemesis horn right as the environment loaded, and then boom, dead.

Jinjo

Still can't decide between my wizard and demon hunter. Still in Act 1 and been playing both simultaneously. Feels my demon hunter is the stronger one of the two, but the wizard's powers are more versatile/fun. Hard is still easymode though, might switch it up to expert. Fought my first Nemesis yesterday, think it was from a GAFfer on my friendslist. Beat it though! :-D

I'm torn right now between Disintegrate Double Barrel for my Wizard or Disintegrate exploding corpses - both seem such fun....!

This game is crazy addictive though - it's occupied all my spare time since I bought it

SnakeEyes

Banned
I'm torn right now between Disintegrate Double Barrel for my Wizard or Disintegrate exploding corpses - both seem such fun....!

This game is crazy addictive though - it's occupied all my spare time since I bought it
I'm using Disintergrate, and was using the Convergence rune up until I got the Chaos Nexus upgrade (4th one) and I think I'll stick with it, since it's great for clearing mobs.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Finished the story, got to 70 and a few paragon levels as well.

Game is incredible.

I played vanilla on PC back then and oh my gosh.

My DH setup:

Hungering arrow - Serrated arrow
Cluster arrow - Shooting stars
Preparation - Punishment
Vengeance - Seethe
Companion - Wolf companion
Rain of vengeance - Shade

Sharpshooter
Ballistics
Archery
Perfectionist

The legendary items really screw up the balance. Got 3 drops yesterday and went from "Hard mobs probably kill me at least once" to "Hard mobs? Piece of cake, lol".

I have the feeling that especially Leorics Crown is doing this. Health regen is crazy.

Anyway, had to up my difficulty to Expert now, which is the hardest available difficulty for the first run. I'm kinda buffed I had to do this already because I'm only midway through the first Act.

When are the harder difficulties unlocked?

ldcommando

Banned
The legendary items really screw up the balance. Got 3 drops yesterday and went from "Hard mobs probably kill me at least once" to "Hard mobs? Piece of cake, lol".

I have the feeling that especially Leorics Crown is doing this. Health regen is crazy.

Anyway, had to up my difficulty to Expert now, which is the hardest available difficulty for the first run. I'm kinda buffed I had to do this already because I'm only midway through the first Act.

When are the harder difficulties unlocked?

Master on act V

RexNovis

Banned
Heads up for the gaffers that I am sending Gold to. The list is in the quote below. If you haven't already please accept the friend request I sent and post in the thread the quote is from so we can get this Pay It Forward effort moving.

Ok so far I have sent 10 million G to the following ppl:

1. CylonLogicBomb
  2. Straydog0891
  3. gotstrangepowers
  4. OldKingKratos
  5. Kurt-Niisan
  6. SirJuiceALot
  7. ThirdROB
  8. Konopko
  9. SillyLeezard
  10. TetsujinZ
  11. nextjin420
  12. mcstevens88
  13. Jafku
  14. lilljolle
  15. hydruxxo
  16. LtOrange
  17. ZeroXZ03
  18. Nodepth
  19. Floris
  20. RkOwnage
  21. cvelte
  22. Bodde1972
  23. Tranilator
  24. DonnyHayabusa

I am currently unable to send gold to the people below as they have not yet accepted my PSN friend request. Please accept and send me a message once you do!

• KINGofCRA5H
  • BigNastyCurve
  • X-Frame
  • bKak
  • Pollux589
  • BlackWookiee
  • dark_kainnn
  • earvcunanan
  • Ferrolla33
  • muggen76
  • DerWalde
  • CarbonByGravity
  • fireflys545
  • IdoBlu
  • Swhalen_
  • Krappadizzle

Anyone who wishes to partake of the bounteous gold and join in on the pay it forward effort feel free to post in the new thread!

David___

Banned
Wp0Imhi.jpg

Top Bottom