• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

Atkison04

You could miss it in the sense that the quest objective is randomly in one of three dungeons and if you pick the right dungeon first you might not check the other two.

Thanks for clearing that up. Also, on the path to the cemetery to locate the 3 tombs, there was a dungeon with two different levels. The second level had all kinds of good gear for my level 9 wizard. Ended up getting some gear that regens health by +3 per second, a good wizard hat and a wand. Switched my gear to that stuff and was noticeably more competent moving forward to the 3 tombs. I'm brand new to Diablo so excuse my excitement over newfound beginning gear :)

Xevren

Got a lot done tonight. Barb's 70 now, in some decent starter gear, finally into Adventure Mode. Xevren found me another legendary gift (what a mark), this time a 70 SK 2H mace, which is serving me fairly well for now. Not quite T1 solo ready just yet, but it won't be long now. On to farming for MotE, RoRG and Lut Socks in preparation for operation "Death From Above."

Finally started finding some gifts of my own to send out, including a couple from putting down Nemesis jerks that busted into my game. Really enjoying that feature so far.

You're welcome :p

This game just devours time. More so than on pc for me for some reason. Got supper around 5 yesterday, started playing, next time I looked at the clock it was 1am.

Barb 1-70 in 3 days with no hand me downs at all, new personal best for me lol.

LCGeek

formerly sane
The PS3 and Xbox 360 versions played fucking great when they were released last year.

I also came from PC and when I bought the last gen console version I didn't know whether to be happy it played so great or be pissed.

The game plays so great on a console I'm skeptical this game was ever designed to be a PC game first.

Why it's been clear since development started there were going to be console versions. PC beta players bitched when blizzard banned wasd or other hacks used to allow for more preferred inputs. The game has been tweaked both in how skills are done and how classes behave to be friendly to analog. D3 isn't soley a PC game, while D1 and D2 are that way the game is setup from the amount of buttons that are used to how classes behave when in action they wanted this.

The game leads on PC you don't need a more clear statement as to where blizzard places it's priorities but they aren't going to leave money on the table when console consumers are another huge market to have this game in. Console players won't have ladders and currently we don't even have PTR 2.1 changes some which blizzard easily could've included in the UEE.

The idea blizzard didn't tweak the game for console ignores a very clear history of them testing situations out in the Betas that people seem to act like it didn't happen or don't know about. Follow the bread crumbs if you want.

Is dual wielding ever worth it? I guess I just don't see the benefit.

I'll dual wield two similar hand crossbows, and even though the off hand one has good +attack speed, it still seems like I attack just as fast without it equipped. Damage seems to go down even though my dps went up when I dual wield. I had +110% crit damage on it, and it seemed like my crit damage was either the same or lower when dual wielding (I was at +160, up to 270 with dual wield).

LCGeek

formerly sane
Is dual wielding ever worth it? I guess I just don't see the benefit.

I'll dual wield two similar hand crossbows, and even though the off hand one has good +attack speed, it still seems like I attack just as fast without it equipped. Damage seems to go down even though my dps went up when I dual wield. I had +110% crit damage on it, and it seemed like my crit damage was either the same or lower when dual wielding (I was at +160, up to 270 with dual wield).

Yes it is my main clan leader uses a natalya slayer and something else but is looking to combine a calamity instead of a off hand with it. Rather I should clarify until you get a bombadier rucksack it's easily an option and is better than a lot of garbage legendary offhands. Outside of Archfiend Arrows, I basically used that setup until literally just a few weeks ago.

Your crit isn't max and with two full emeralds and paragon critical hit damaged maxed that is easily almost 300%. Your items can easily almost add another 150%-250%. Use the details for stats to see what you have as it may just be you don't have the gear to make it worthwhile yet.

Sent someone a gift last night that dropped, hope you enjoy it.

Got my DH to like, 23 on expert, and a rolled a wizard to lv 13 to play with a friend on hard a bit.

Yes it is my main clan leader uses a natalya slayer and something else but is looking to combine a calamity instead of a off hand with it. Rather I should clarify until you get a bombadier rucksack it's easily an option and is better than a lot of garbage legendary offhands. Outside of Archfiend Arrows, I basically used that setup until literally just a few weeks ago.

Your crit isn't max and with two full emeralds and paragon critical hit damaged maxed that is easily almost 300%. Your items can easily almost add another 150%-250%. Use the details for stats to see what you have as it may just be you don't have the gear to make it worthwhile yet.

I bet that's the case, I'm not geared for it yet. Thanks!

Hoodbury

Thanks for clearing that up. Also, on the path to the cemetery to locate the 3 tombs, there was a dungeon with two different levels. The second level had all kinds of good gear for my level 9 wizard. Ended up getting some gear that regens health by +3 per second, a good wizard hat and a wand. Switched my gear to that stuff and was noticeably more competent moving forward to the 3 tombs. I'm brand new to Diablo so excuse my excitement over newfound beginning gear :)

I'm just a little further in than you are now and it's my first Diablo game as well. So good to get upgrades. But in a couple levels you're going to start filling in your equipment with legendaries and then it gets hard to switch those out for higher upgraded blue equipment. So sad to see those legendaries be outclassed by common gear.

I hate this shit

BvpXEq4IYAAoXt8.jpg:large

How do you guy's explore new dungeons? Any tactics you can share?

JCizzle

The changes to the leveling process is great. Level 40 and just hitting act 4 while rushing through. Also sent 4 gifts last night, feels good

h3ro

I got a legendary item plan drop and hit X on it in the item list menu and it disappeared. When I went to Haedrig the blacksmith, that item wasn't listed.

Anyone know what happened? Did I mess up and lose the legendary?

Everything involving Zoltun Kulle is the worst thing ever. He's the worst character ever. That stupid laugh

Act 2 is such a disgrace, between that and the Enchantress and her stupid fucking footprints.

I absolutely loath act 2. Maybe it was intentional? It really makes you feel like you are stranded in the desert, dying from starvation. There is even an oasis!

THE OASIS IS A LIE

X-Frame

i can't wait to finish the story so i can start leveling alts in adventure mode... gonna do a crusader and witch doctor after my demon hunter

I started on Expert to maximize XP and Gold bonuses, but it's certainly been challenging and taking me longer to complete areas -- should I drop it down so that I finish the story faster? I see that people are going both routes.

LCGeek

formerly sane
I absolutely loath act 2. Maybe it was intentional? It really makes you feel like you are stranded in the desert, dying from starvation. There is even an oasis!

THE OASIS IS A LIE

I despise desolate sands like crazy such a boring empty map at times. I only like the sewer areas and Dhalgur Oasis. Act 3 for life, prison or give me a rift with ponies it's always fun then I'm all good to go.

Hoodbury

Got my first gems last night and the tooltip said I can put them in weapons or armour I believe, but I was falling asleep in my chair before I got to really look into what this system is. I'm only level 19, should I be saving these things for when I'm higher level since I swap equipment pretty frequently still, or do they kinda drop like candy so just use them as much as I want to?

Atkison04

I'm just a little further in than you are now and it's my first Diablo game as well. So good to get upgrades. But in a couple levels you're going to start filling in your equipment with legendaries and then it gets hard to switch those out for higher upgraded blue equipment. So sad to see those legendaries be outclassed by common gear.

I haven't run across any legendary gear yet. I guess the wizard hat and wand I found were rare and had good stats and buffs for my level. I've been comparing stats on every new drop and equipping the one that seems best. I've been drawn towards gear that regens my health, as I was getting beat up on pretty bad by mobs on my way to the 3 tombs. Loving this game though. After playing 2 hours last night all I wanted to do was play some more. Now stuck at work and have a pretty full weekend planned, I will absolutely make some game time happen at some point though!

On a side note, does having this game on ps4 give you automatic access to The Last of Us clicker dungeons? Not sure if it was a pre-order bonus or what not.

I haven't run across any legendary gear yet. I guess the wizard hat and wand I found were rare and had good stats and buffs for my level. I've been comparing stats on every new drop and equipping the one that seems best. I've been drawn towards gear that regens my health, as I was getting beat up on pretty bad by mobs on my way to the 3 tombs. Loving this game though. After playing 2 hours last night all I wanted to do was play some more. Now stuck at work and have a pretty full weekend planned, I will absolutely make some game time happen at some point though!

On a side note, does having this game on ps4 give you automatic access to The Last of Us clicker dungeons? Not sure if it was a pre-order bonus or what not.

It's not a pre-order bonus, but additional PS content. That and the Shadow of Colossus transmog

LtOrange

Quick question - How do you decide if you should sell or breakdown a item?

Still in Act 1 and I have been selling a majority of my stuff.

I got a legendary item plan drop and hit X on it in the item list menu and it disappeared. When I went to Haedrig the blacksmith, that item wasn't listed.

Anyone know what happened? Did I mess up and lose the legendary?
I had this happen last night too. Any ideas anyone?

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
Nobody?

I thought it was pretty odd, and haven't seen it mentioned. Is there a chain higher than Diabolical Massacre?

Name of event? Can't picture it from memory with that description of the PC version.

I had this happen last night too. Any ideas anyone?

Remember the item name?

Filtered to Have materials or Can use? Maybe it was an item you can't use with the character.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
I started on Expert to maximize XP and Gold bonuses, but it's certainly been challenging and taking me longer to complete areas -- should I drop it down so that I finish the story faster? I see that people are going both routes.

i'm wondering that myself... i don't think i'm gonna drop the difficulty though, as it will be too easy and i'll get bores

High five! That's the same order I'm leveling in!

nice!

i'm wondering that myself... i don't think i'm gonna drop the difficulty though, as it will be too easy and i'll get bores

Pretty much. Normal is a faceroll, and hard is only mildly challenging. Expert seems to be tough, but not impossible even starting out.

If anything, i'd only recommend hard if you are just starting out and need to get some decent gear. Once you get past skele king or so, jump to expert with a group. Or perhaps, if you just want to play the storyline out.

bidguy

Banned
what is the shield icon supposed to be ? it says 2191k. im 64 and monsters at master dif hardly make a dent

is it a bug ?

gl0w

Already hAve a lot of gaffers friends, sending and receiving gifs as they appear.

Don't mind to have a lot more, so please add me

PSN: gl0wvalter

First time playing diablo, with a witch doctor. Level 16 :)

Early Monk is garbo. I'm on hard, but I might drop it to normal because I have no fucking clue what to do and I'm level 5. Haven't got my companion yet, but damn I might just drop the dope and go back to my WD or start with a Barb.

h3ro

you sure it isnt in your inventory?

never happened to me-my bad- just alot of people still dont know how gifts work-:)

edit: was it a legendary crafting item by chance?
In my case, it was a plan for a Legendary weapon for a Monk. Couldn't find it anywhere once I hit X on it in the item menu.

Top Bottom