• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

Duallusion

Damn, I was hoping you can at least do adventure more off the bat with a hardcore character, if you've cleared the story mode before with any other. Stash, money, paragon levels not being shared I understand but, ugh, now I have to go through story mode again? Ah well, whatchyagonnado ...

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
That is exactly what happens. I don't even remember the name of it but you get it very early and it has some really cool rune affixes like making enemies that are hit behind the shield blast explode.

oh SHIT

follow up question: can i swap characters in the middle of the story? i want to start leveling a crusader but i also want to keep progressing through the acts....

Dubz

Has there ever been a game that has redeemed it self on the level of Diablo III? Kudos to Blizzard for making all the right moves.

Damn, I was hoping you can at least do adventure more off the bat with a hardcore character, if you've cleared the story mode before with any other. Stash, money, paragon levels not being shared I understand but, ugh, now I have to go through story mode again? Ah well, whatchyagonnado ...
Huh? I cleared RoS on my Wiz and went straight to AM with my Crusader who only finished Act 1. Are you sure AM is blocked out when you go to select it?

jaaz

What's the best site for D3 character builds and fighting strategies? I've developed a few strategies playing my Wizard to almost level 30, but constantly looking for ways to improve.

Right now, I am partial to a frost mage, CC build. Using slow time on a group of mobs and parking my hydra at one end, then sitting behind my hydra and blasting away with that ice laser until the mobs reach me and are promptly hit by my personal bomb which I activated just before... never gets old!

Reposting from another page. Appreciate the help.

Personally, I break down everything into crafting materials. You end up picking up a lot of gold while you're out on quests. All of my gold goes towards crafting weapons/armor/gems and repairs (if necessary). And as a rule, I never buy anything from the vendors, aside from dyes, since you have a good chance of picking up good loot.

LtOrange

Personally, I break down everything into crafting materials. You end up picking up a lot of gold while you're out on quests. All of my gold goes towards crafting weapons/armor/gems and repairs (if necessary). And as a rule, I never buy anything from the vendors, aside from dyes, since you have a good chance of picking up good loot.
Ok thanks! Sounds like crafting is a worthwhile investment.

lt519

I haven't played the console version, but I wouldn't bother crafting too much unless it's set plans. Money and mats are better saved for end game when you are rolling the Mystic a lot. Gets super expensive.

Edit: Craft away with lower level mats, you need higher level mats for the mystic later on. Just know that by end game if you decide to keep playing much of your time will be looking for the perfect loot to drop minus that one attribute you'll re-roll like 20 times.

jaaz

Has there ever been a game that has redeemed it self on the level of Diablo III? Kudos to Blizzard for making all the right moves.

I think part of the reason is that this game is PERFECTLY suited to be played on a console, for comfy-couch 50", 60", 70" screen gaming. I can't think of any other PC game better suited for a console than D3.

And given that we finally have consoles that can keep pace with at least mid-range PCs and ... there it is.

Oni Jazar

So what difficulty level should I be playing at? When the game came out I tried normal on PC and got bored quickly. Now I started on expert and I'm having a good time but I'm out of health potions.

So what difficulty level should I be playing at? When the game came out I tried normal on PC and got bored quickly. Now I started on expert and I'm having a good time but I'm out of health potions.

rolling expert is highly recommended- what class are you- invest in healing gear/skills and you wont need any potions

I haven't played the console version, but I wouldn't bother crafting too much unless it's set plans. Money and mats are better saved for end game when you are rolling the Mystic a lot. Gets super expensive.

Edit: Craft away with lower level mats, you need higher level mats for the mystic later on. Just know that by end game if you decide to keep playing much of your time will be looking for the perfect loot to drop minus that one attribute you'll re-roll like 20 times.

Oh yeah, I forgot about the Mystic. I do spend a lot of mats on re-rolling attributes.

Andrew.

Banned

Buy more? I'm playing on expert and always have like 30 of them on standby.

antitrop

I am really enjoying this game so far. This is like a new era gauntlet.

Yeah, it's crazy, I never expected to get such a Gauntlet feel from playing the game on consoles, because it really wasn't there at all on PC.

Makes me feel bad for that actual new Gauntlet game that's coming out in a few weeks (from the dev that made Magika).

Andrew.

Banned
Yeah, it's crazy, I never expected to get such a Gauntlet feel from playing the game on consoles, because it really wasn't there at all on PC.

Makes me feel bad for that actual new Gauntlet game that's coming out in a few weeks (from the dev that made Magika).

Yo dude thanks so much for that 66k yesterday. I know you probably didn't make much out of the crap I sent you but I just love sendin stuff to people =D

It cleans on my inventory and makes me feel good about myself.

SotC armor you can only get after unlocking the Mystic in Act V, you got the plans in your stash. TLoU rift is completely random, and can only be done after you finished the game and do rifts in Adventure Mode.

Cool thanks!

Gonna be a while before I do any of that :p

How do you send stuff to people?

I sent a guy on my friends list an item, but I had no control over what it was.

Nokterian

Well well well looky what I just found!

And I didn't even have to farm ore to craft it!

One of the most famous weapons from World of Warcraft in Diablo 3 RoS and i think it's pretty cool :D

Got my copy will play later tonight or tommorow.

I've become bored of the Witch Doctor. Is it possible to change character class without having to start from scratch?

Dude you need to play a bit longer and try to get the Jade Harvest set with Quetzalcoatl Headpiece a mandatory look at this gameplay it's from PC but i can say it's tons of fun!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1c0Ni9V8pE

LkPr

I am lvl 26, just started Act 2 and I haven't found any Legendaries for my friends. I've only found like 4 or 5 personally.

Lingitiz

I'm sure there's been a decent amount of discussion on this, but I'll ask anyways. Should I buy on PS4 at full price if I haven't played since vanilla D3? I enjoyed the game but never played through more than once. Is it that much different? Is the console version better with direct control?

Tobor

If you have 30 people on your friends list all playing Diablo and a legendary drops, it could go to any of those 30 people.

I'm keeping my list short, only 4 people right now, and they don't have a big list either. Much better odds.

Gibran7

Is there any way to view your friend's characters more up close (like when you press start for your character)?

It seems so small. Can't pick out the details.

No_Style

I'm sure there's been a decent amount of discussion on this, but I'll ask anyways. Should I buy on PS4 at full price if I haven't played since vanilla D3? I enjoyed the game but never played through more than once. Is it that much different? Is the console version better with direct control?

I'm in the same boat. I didn't much care for the original PC release but this PS4 release seems very appealing to me. Especially with the selectable difficulty and controller setup.

I'm in the same boat. I didn't much care for the original PC release but this PS4 release seems very appealing to me. Especially with the selectable difficulty and controller setup.

Honestly, to both of you - it's a great game, pretend Diablo 3 didn't happen.

It controls great and feels more like a beat 'em up than a loot game at times.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Not sure about PS3 but I'm playing 360 version after putting hours into Vanilla 360 D3 and it's worth it for the Crusader alone.

Graphically there's no difference I can tell but the drop rate improvement is massive. I put about 4 hours in last night and I'm already rocking 3 legendries.

Totally worth it!

Cool, thanks for the impressions. I'm tempted to get the PS3 version since I really enjoyed vanilla D3 PS3, but I'm wondering if there's enough of a community to find games easily.

I'm not getting a PS4 until probably later this year or next year so debating the pros and cons of getting this game, especially with Borderlands coming out in a month...

Top Bottom