• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

ZenaxPure

Speaking of RRoG, I just finally got it when playing with my friend! So excited, I don't know if it rolled well, though.

It's really hard to get a good one (stat wise) because it rolls guaranteed life per hit and attack speed. It's not impossible, but, sure doesn't happen that often. Of course the legendary affix on it is so good it doesn't matter much anyway.

Dahbomb

What do you call the worst rolled RRoG in the game?

Answer: Best in slot

It's just that damn good. People would use RROG even if it came with no stats but just had the Legendary affix.

fernoca

Yeah. First timer too. Currently on Level 45 and starting Act III as a monk. Played 8 hours straight yesterday from 10PM to 6AM. Haven't done that in a long time.

Can anyone tell me which weapon I should be using?

Bvs68YyCMAE0gNr.jpg:large

Posting for new page

Wallach

I am unsatisfied with the amount of free loot I am getting. Add me on PS4: WallachGAF

Farmin T1 now on the Barb. Back to the RRoG grind once again.

Dahbomb

This talk is too advanced for me, what does RROG mean?
Ring of Royal Grandeur.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/ring-of-royal-grandeur-3qRFop

It's an Act 1 Bounty only Legendary ring. That means you can only get this Legendary through Horadric Caches awarded from playing Act 1 Bounties. It's a hassle to get (although easier than a lot of Legendaries to get because you can target farm it) but it's more than worth it.

It allows you the effect of a full set by having one less required. So you can have a 6 piece set bonus but only have 5 of the set. Things get pretty crazy when you are stacking like 3 different sets and this Ring allows you to have 3 full sets on (which means that this one ring is giving you like 12+ affixes total).

Here's an example of someone using 4 different sets to maximum effect which is only possible with the RROG:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yI7g9qPZmyY

Ring of Royal Grandeur.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/ring-of-royal-grandeur-3qRFop

It's an Act 1 Bounty only Legendary ring. That means you can only get this Legendary through Horadric Caches awarded from playing Act 1 Bounties. It's a hassle to get (although easier than a lot of Legendaries to get because you can target farm it) but it's more than worth it.

It allows you the effect of a full set by having one less required. So you can have a 6 piece set bonus but only have 5 of the set. Things get pretty crazy when you are stacking like 3 different sets and this Ring allows you to have 3 full sets on (which means that this one ring is giving you like 12+ affixes total).

Holy..

O_O

Is this a game to buy digitally our physical? Digital for me means a long shelf life and lots of short dip in and out gaming. Physical means play a fair bit but over just a small number of weeks before wanting to resell?

Matriox

Thanks for helping me with some leveling Stuckd :p got wrecked though when we tried some act 3 adventure mode, ran into 4 or 5 different packs of elite mobs haha.

Is this a game to buy digitally our physical? Digital for me means a long shelf life and lots of short dip in and out gaming. Physical means play a fair bit but over just a small number of weeks before wanting to resell?

Digital if you know what you're getting yourself into. You can easily log in hundreds of hours in this game by trying out the other classes and tinkering with class builds.

That's way better than I did with my first solo nemesis. I had no idea that the horns were our warning that one was coming. I had just defeated the Skeleton King and went to next room where you find/meet the fallen star. That room is tiny and enclosed. The Nemesis dropped in and spawned two arcane turrets to boot. I was wiped in seconds.
I had faced them before, but I was generally in a full party. And as a DH, I was always at the edge of action shooting stuff. It never actually came after me specifically. The moment I heard the horns I just ran for open ground and hoped for best, didn't know what else to do.

Damn, the sound of those horns before it appears is bad ass. It's gonna sound great on my setup.

Haha yeah, those Inception horns are touch of genius. If you're in a party everyone just screams "NEMESIS" at once and then starts running everywhere, as if that's gonna help.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Something I've been unclear about... If my AI follower has an item that gives, for example, +10% XP, does that bonus apply to my character? And is that true for all other bonuses?

ZangBa

My RRoG rolled 15% life and arcane resistance besides the mandatory rolls. I guess I could get CC or something re-rolled on it.

Dahbomb

Something I've been unclear about... If my AI follower has an item that gives, for example, +10% XP, does that bonus apply to my character? And is that true for all other bonuses?
+XP, + Gold find and +Magic Find applies to you as well but only as a percentage of the value of the Follower.

So if you have +100% XP or Magic Find bonus on Followers, you will be getting +20% bonus.

Note that Magic Find is extremely rare on items.. in fact I think in RoS it's only available on one Ring and that is Nagelring. You can really only get Magic Find through Nagelring and socketing your Helm with a Topaz.

ZenaxPure

It applies a % of that stat to your character, can't recall what % off the top of my head. Only XP, Gold Find, and Magic Find though.

Nokterian

I, uh, finished the campaign and hit Level 70.

I tried the Adventure Mode.

Oh my God.

fOZSESQ.jpg

Welcome to your new addiction Nephalem Rifts are going to suck the life out of you ;) All ready played more then 300 hours on WD on PC in Adventure Mode. I think Adventure Mode is like Dark Souls but a lot different go anywhere do anything, do the bounty's with Nephalem Rifts and ramp up the difficulty for better loot and more gold.

Dipping my toe in the Diablo water, let's see what this is all about then.

FYI - this is only 284HKD on the Hong Kong store. I managed to buy it using a UK credit card.

That works out as around £22. In the US, about $33.

Leyasu

Banned
Me, gf and my co-op partners are totally addicted!!

One thing though, my gf is a wizard, I am a demon hunter, I have killed more than twice the enemies than her, yet she is already one level above.... And gets twice the loot!!

So please, any xbone players want to add me to spread the wealth?

GT Van Winkel x

Leyasu

Banned
Dipping my toe in the Diablo water, let's see what this is all about then.

FYI - this is only 284HKD on the Hong Kong store. I managed to buy it using a UK credit card.

That works out as around £22. In the US, about $33.

How did you do that??? Please tell me

Taz

Anyone else got the bug, that you get the x2 bonus in Adventure Mode only for Act I&II on PS4? NEVER had it on Act III-V :(

On the PC it changes all the time but on console it doesn't seem to, I'm guessing it's because consoles aren't online.

Just got my DPS up to 393k in adventure mode. Only downside is that it dropped my VIT down to a bit over 7400. It seems manageable, though, as my elemental resitances are through the roof, so I don't take terrible amounts of damage anyway.

That was a misconception a lot of people had way back when the game first came out on PC. You can have all the health in the world and some enemies will still cut right through you. It's all about resistances, here.

Taz

Is RROG a Torment only item?

No but in patch 2.06 or 2.05 can't remember they changed it so you get a better chance from loot bags on higher torment, because before you just ran it on normal and it had the same drop rate as torment 6.

ZenaxPure

Just got my DPS up to 393k in adventure mode. Only downside is that it dropped my VIT down to a bit over 7400. It seems manageable, though, as my elemental resitances are through the roof, so I don't take terrible amounts of damage anyway.

That was a misconception a lot of people had way back when the game first came out on PC. You can have all the health in the world and some enemies will still cut right through you. It's all about resistances, here.

Honestly you could stand to drop some more. My tankiest character is my barbarian and she only has about 3500ish vit. Actually been thinking about dropping it even further so I could get CDR on my gloves but i've been lazy.

Honestly you could stand to drop some more. My tankiest character is my barbarian and she only has about 3500ish vit. Actually been thinking about dropping it even further so I could get CDR on my gloves but i've been lazy.

I must have had a misconception about how much VIT was necessary. The other day I was hovering around 12k, then dropped it to 10.4k this afternoon. But seeing as how I'm more than fine with 7k, I'll tinker some more with my gear and see what I can do. I have items in my stash that drop VIT but add to DPS and armor, so I'll take a look at those.

Pimpbaa

Is it normal that the cutscene after killing diablo is now skipped with the expansion? I liked that cutscene and it seems like it was replaced with on of those paper drawing cutscenes before going to the expansion act.

JimPanzer

guys, I'm getting the PS4+TLoU Bundle in 3 hours. I currently have 60 more Dollars to spend on any game. I'm undecided between D3:UEE and MGSV:GZ.
How's the remote play for D3:UEE? Can't find the button layout anywhere online. I love playing on my vita, so a good remote play would make me buy D3 instead of Metal Gear Solid.

ZenaxPure

I must have had a misconception about how much VIT was necessary. The other day I was hovering around 12k, then dropped it to 10.4k this afternoon. But seeing as how I'm more than fine with 7k, I'll tinker some more with my gear and see what I can do. I have items in my stash that drop VIT but add to DPS and armor, so I'll take a look at those.

Yeah, enemies hit so hard the higher you go up torment that the difference in like 600k hp vs. 300k is pretty much pointless. Better to just stack as much defense as you can as opposed to vit.

More than anything though, to reach the DPS requirements for higher torment levels you have to sacrifice toughness for damage anyway. I know the chart has been posted a few times here, but, T6 enemies have 8500% increased HP which is just bonkers. Rift Guardians have billions of HP.

Om3ga

Is this worth getting, have not played a diablo game at all but this looked really interesting.
There's a demo on PC and PS3(xbox as well?) Try it out. I was hooked on the demo, but didn't want to buy the game at the time because I heard this version was coming out.

Hammer24

Banned
Game is fantastic and highly addictive!
Two small complaints:
- I think the character progression is a little too quick. That takes the incentive out, to try different skill and equipment combinations. Finished Act I on lvl 15, ACT II on lvl 41. Loot is too good - but this might also have something to do with all the legendary stuff I get from GAFers.
- some things in the game are not very well explained. Like, the jeweler and black smith: to raise them over lvl 10, you need some kind of potion in addition to the money to train them. What potion is that, and how do I get it?

BigDug13

I thought I had read that one of the biggest upgrades on the PS4 version was that more than one player can look at their inventory at a time and that it would be a sort of split screen inventory management. But when I'm playing local co-op, we are unable to do that. Was that all BS?

Top Bottom