• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

Yesterday I played with a bunch of randoms and my nemesis appeared, strange thing is that i was never killed in the game since I started Act I to Act V, not once, so how can I have a nemesis :)

So I have a question. I've already beat the story as a Crusader, leveled up to 70, ect... I'm playing through again right now as a Demon Hunter, on Act II, but I'm wondering if I should even bother with the story, or if I should with adventure mode instead? What should I do GAF?

Yesterday I played with a bunch of randoms and my nemesis appeared, strange thing is that i was never killed in the game since I started Act I to Act V, not once, so how can I have a nemesis :)

The Nemesis is a monster that killed someone in your friends list.

So I have a question. I've already beat the story as a Crusader, leveled up to 70, ect... I'm playing through again right now as a Demon Hunter, on Act II, but I'm wondering if I should even bother with the story, or if I should with adventure mode instead? What should I do GAF?

Adventure mode.

Jaeyden

Sorry, if this has been asked. I've heard that gifts scale when you open them so saving them might be a good idea? Also, how about Legends? Do they scale when you identify them or are they set when you pick them up?

Haha. Killed my first nemesis from a gaffer.

Ran three times into him. The first two times i accidently ran Out of the dungeon xD

I realized at the third time that the music announces that fucker. Always thought what's the dark and cool music for? Ohhhh it's nemesis time, that's why :D

Let's say for the same of discussion that every player will get at least 1 drop to gift a night.

30 friends means 30 gifts a nights at a 1/30 chance per gift.

4 friends means 4 gifts with a 1/4 chance per gift.

I think the odds are better my way. Any math bros want to weigh in?
I'm not sure it works that way because the people on your friends list may have many more people than just you. Those gifts from a friend don't just go to your could go to any one of their friends.

Put it this way, I have around 40+ Diablo friends. Each day I wake up and I have 2-3 legendaries waiting for me. This morning I had 4.

Also,as I said with the nemesis, they often drop legendaries as well. Esp if they have killed more people on your friends list.

Haha. Killed my first nemesis from a gaffer.

Ran three times into him. The first two times i accidently ran Out of the dungeon xD

I realized at the third time that the music announces that fucker. Always thought what's the dark and cool music for? Ohhhh it's nemesis time, that's why :D
Your pad will also vibrate like crazy over the exact spot the nemesis will appear. With my demon Hunter I set immense traps one I hear the first horn.

Sorry, if this has been asked. I've heard that gifts scale when you open them so saving them might be a good idea? Also, how about Legends? Do they scale when you identify them or are they set when you pick them up?

I might be mistaken, but I dont think they scale. I only say this because I received a gift, but I was 10 lvls below the required level to use the armor :/

Tobor

I'm not sure it works that way because the people on your friends list may have many more people than just you. Those gifts from a friend don't just go to your could go to any one of their friends.

Put it this way, I have around 40+ Diablo friends. Each day I wake up and I have 2-3 legendaries waiting for me. This morning I had 4.

Also,as I said with the nemesis, they often drop legendaries as well. Esp if they have killed more people on your friends list.

Ok, I think you win based on that.

Andrew.

Banned
This game is like that scene in the movie Traffic when Topher Grace introduces Michael Douglas' daughter to freebasing.

"See? Now you see."

*tear fall*

Wallach

I dumped like 800 shards into Kadala's sketchy ass tonight for a helm - thinking I could either pull MotE helm or something else useful in the interim - and got bupkis. Then the last rift guarduan I whacked for tonight coughed up the MotE helm. Rigged!

One down, anyway. Also had a few other decet drops - IK gloves, Sankris, Aughild & Crimson set recipes. Totally bottlenecked by souls at the moment though.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Just got to Act V for the first time. That opening cutscene! T_T. What a fantastic looking villain. Can't wait to put him 6 feet under. My icy Monk kept (Act IV boss spoiler
Diablo's
ass frozen for the whole fight. It was hilarious.

Just killed my first Nemesis, gift sent. I suddenly feel like I should have way more friends who play this.

PSN: BlackAcidDevil

Raxious

Mmmm, I'm not really feeling it anymore xD After hitting 60 on my 2nd class I'm getting bored lol. O well, I need to lvl all 6 classes to 70 for the trophy.

Juice

I preordered on PSN but I only have 12 character slots. What gives? Shouldn't I have 15.

THIS MATTERS A LOT*

*This does not matter a lot.

yamo

I got a game invite while playing, but I didn't realize until after I quit the game! Isn't there any pop up in game?

Taz

Can someone tell me if the higher difficulties (torment 1-4) are also unlocked for new characters once you've finished the game? I'm currently playing with the barbarian and woudl really love to up the difficulty as the game is a piece of cake on Expert by now - and I'm only in Act 2. :(
Would love to have more options when I start my 2nd character.

Unlocks at level 60

Venfayth

Wow, there's no direct upgrade path on PC? $40 or nothin?

If I want to get back into D3 is it even worth buying the new version?

Wallach

How does scaling work? If my friends and I are level 40 and join a level 1 friend what happens?

What if he joins us?

There's something called Apprentice Mode that handles this. If you invite your lower level friend, it'll buff up his stats closer to what he would be at your level. I haven't tried it so I don't know how effective it really is, especially with someone who is brand new; it probably scales based on the quality of gear they are wearing relative to their real level, so he might still get his ass kicked with that much of a gap.

It doesn't work the other way around, though, so if he creates the game and invites you the game will be scaled to his level (so you'll crush everything).

Damn, the enemy density in the current gen version is a whole new deal from the 360 version. Just going from mob to mob with the Crusader's shield bash is a lot more fun than walking.

Speaking of which, how do I see the damage on skills? The skills descriptions are just showing what they do and not the damage numbers.

Jolkien

There's something called Apprentice Mode that handles this. If you invite your lower level friend, it'll buff up his stats closer to what he would be at your level. I haven't tried it so I don't know how effective it really is, especially with someone who is brand new; it probably scales based on the quality of gear they are wearing relative to their real level, so he might still get his ass kicked with that much of a gap.

It doesn't work the other way around, though, so if he creates the game and invites you the game will be scaled to his level (so you'll crush everything).

Works really well. I joined a friend witch doctor (level 15) and I was level 1. I caught up to him in XP at lvl 50'ish.

Jolkien

Damn, the enemy density in the current gen version is a whole new deal from the 360 version. Just going from mob to mob with the Crusader's shield bash is a lot more fun than walking.

Speaking of which, how do I see the damage on skills? The skills descriptions are just showing what they do and not the damage numbers.

Activate the detailed tooltip option in the pause menu -> gameplay.

yamo

I started adventure mode for the first time and cleared 5 exclamation marks in act 1, including the one with King Leoric.

Is there any use clearing the remaining bosses as I already got my bounty reward?

I started adventure mode for the first time and cleared 5 exclamation marks in act 1, including the one with King Leoric.

Is there any use clearing the remaining bosses as I already got my bounty reward?
Was just going to try this. But you have enough keys to enter the rift now.

Top Bottom