• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

BigDug13

Game is fantastic and highly addictive!
Two small complaints:
- I think the character progression is a little too quick. That takes the incentive out, to try different skill and equipment combinations. Finished Act I on lvl 15, ACT II on lvl 41. Loot is too good - but this might also have something to do with all the legendary stuff I get from GAFers.
- some things in the game are not very well explained. Like, the jeweler and black smith: to raise them over lvl 10, you need some kind of potion in addition to the money to train them. What potion is that, and how do I get it?

I think the over level 10 was added with the expansion and so you won't see those necessary potions until level 61+.

whiteape

I thought I had read that one of the biggest upgrades on the PS4 version was that more than one player can look at their inventory at a time and that it would be a sort of split screen inventory management. But when I'm playing local co-op, we are unable to do that. Was that all BS?

That's really annoying. Always have to wait for my mate who needs ages to check out his new stuff.

GRaider81

So is adventure mode the best way to level an alt character? Can you do it from 1-70?

Would like to Know this too. I have my crusader at 68, once I hit 70 I'd like to try some more classes.

Can I play them in adventure mode and level up fairly quickly?

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Is there a way to view your console character online? PC version has this and I've linked my PSN acc with the BN account, but I don't see it anywhere on the site.

For those asking how to buy from the HK store...

- You need to be in the Xbox Preview Program
- Follow these instructions - http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/dia...one-preview-program-required-xbox-com-1983216

It appears to be hit and miss dependent on your Credit Card provider, worked for me though :)

G7cZuAV.png

Hurley

Got 4 legendaries in one rift run. Still no Akkhan pieces :(

I've been lucky enough to find the Akkhan chest and legs during some rifts and kadala was kind enough to give me the boots. Hopefully I can get a Royal Grandeur ring to ease some of this set hunting.

Llyrwenne

Unconfirmed Member
This is my first Diablo.

Is 'normal' difficulty supposed to be as piss-easy as it is?

When selecting difficulty, it said that this was recommended for first-time Diablo players, but there's like no challenge or learning curve at all. ;-( Health Potions, dodging and Life Wells might as well not exist as health regenerates so insanely fast that even most large groups cant put a dent in your health bar. I can just stand in front of bosses and hold the X button until they fall over...

I mean, I'm having fun, but there must be more to it than that, right? What difficulty would you guys recommend and will I lose anything for switching difficulty on the fly?

Woorloog

Banned
This is my first Diablo.

When selecting difficulty, it said that this was recommended for first-time Diablo players, but there's like no challenge or learning curve at all. ;-( Health Potions, dodging and Life Wells might as well not exist as health regenerates so insanely fast that even most large groups cant put a dent in your health bar. I can just stand in front of bosses and hold the X button until they fall over...

I mean, I'm having fun, but there must be more to it than that, right? What difficulty would you guys recommend and will I lose anything for switching difficulty on the fly?

Select hard at least, you can change difficulty one step up or down during gameplay.
Or perhaps go straight to expert... i'm playing on Master (with goodish equipment, lvl 42) and it is no challenge (can't use Torment yet :/).
The real challenge starts at level 70 and some Torment difficulty.

Hurley

This is my first Diablo.

Normal is a joke. Honestly you could probably go to expert and not have too much trouble but switch up to hard and see how you go and yeah you can change on the fly.

Aiii

So not worth it
Two observations.
1) Metallica's Ride The Lightning is the absolute superior soundtrack to play while running through this game.
2) Adventurer Mode is frigging insane, levelling is so fast, and damn those drops, this is my Crusader at 33:

Pop

Two observations.
1) Metallica's Ride The Lightning is the absolute superior soundtrack to play while running through this game.
2) Adventurer Mode is frigging insane, levelling is so fast, and damn those drops, this is my Crusader at 33:

Those are baby drops, just you wait.

ZenaxPure

Are alts alternative characters or your followers? So instead of doing the campaign again should I do adventure mode with each new character?

Alternative characters, yeah. And yeah unless they randomly bumped up the story mode quest XP for the console version by a crazy amount it's been established that adventure mode is faster. Each bounty is a quest turn in (for a bunch of xp), mob kills still give the same xp as they do in story mode, and you have cursed chests which give nice xp for finishing them as well.

Also you are gathering rift fragments which you can then hoard for max level characters. Which is just a nice bonus as it means more time you can rift without having to stop and grind fragments again.

When I attack enemies, sometimes, not often, there will be what looks like a lightning bolt that connects two or more of them whenever I strike. What is this?

How do you get multiple kills? Sometimes I'll get e.g. 20 kills noted on the screen, and other times I will get more but it won't say. Do I need to string them together or something?

Also, in regards to the e..g paragon points...I'm LV14 but cant add any points to that menu. ??

Duallusion

Huh, why are only three ingridients listed as needed for crafting Hellfire ring while every guide I checked mentions four? Pls hlp guyz, before I waste my time trying to get something I don't need.

Wallach

When I attack enemies, sometimes, not often, there will be what looks like a lightning bolt that connects two or more of them whenever I strike. What is this?

How do you get multiple kills? Sometimes I'll get e.g. 20 kills noted on the screen, and other times I will get more but it won't say. Do I need to string them together or something?

The arced lightning effect is from Nephalem Glory, which are the white globes that drop once you start a 10+ Massacre. Nephalem Glory also grants you 2x damage while you have the buff; you can extend the duration of it up to maximum of 1 minute by continuing to grab the white globes that drop during the Massacres.

The Massacre chains start when you kill 10 mobs within a short time span; after that you'll see the little fuse graphic which indicates how long you have remaining to at least hit a monster before your Massacre chain ends. The higher your chain, the larger the XP multiplier will be applied to the sum of XP awarded by the monsters killed in the chain. I think it caps out at 4x, which requires a 400+ Massacre chain.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Ah ok. I just forged green armor just for kicks and in the description it has long list of stat boosts, so long that you have to scroll down.

Some set bonuses are sick.

I just equipped two pieces of marauders on my DH and got 500 dexterity. Woohoo.

JJD

Quick question guys:

If you identify a legendary and don't like the stats can you just turn off the PS4 quickly before it saves the game?

I'm still on chapter 2 so I can't re roll then yet. I'm thinking about waiting until I'm lvl. 70.

I'm pretty satisfied with my armor and weapons right now.

i cant play any other game but this. Metro redux has been sitting unopened here for about a week for my XB1. I just cant think of playing another game..

Can someone tell me if the higher difficulties (torment 1-4) are also unlocked for new characters once you've finished the game? I'm currently playing with the barbarian and woudl really love to up the difficulty as the game is a piece of cake on Expert by now - and I'm only in Act 2. :(
Would love to have more options when I start my 2nd character.

Silav101

So is it best to try and farm RROG in Torment? Is it worth it to try it in normal or the easier ones?

Unless they changed it from the PC version, the difficulty you got the Cache from makes no difference in the loot table roll. Blaze through on Normal and get as many caches as fast as you can.

I'm already dreading failing a Timed Event and losing dat potential loot. Even thought eh last one I did gave me a bonus chest full of crap, to go with the default one that was full of shite :(

XaosWolf

First Diablo game and I think I've fallen in love.

Bought a cheapo questionable key online for the normal PC version not long back, and was umm-ing and ahh-ing about getting the PS4 version for some couch co-op.

So glad I did. The difficulty changes alone make it awesome. Was easy even on Hard mode on PC, and now it's just about right for first time soloing.

Still on Act I and haven't even touched any online stuff. Need more PS4 friends! =D

quest

Not Banned from OT
I've been lucky enough to find the Akkhan chest and legs during some rifts and kadala was kind enough to give me the boots. Hopefully I can get a Royal Grandeur ring to ease some of this set hunting.

I got chest, gloves and boots all from drops 2 from rifts other from bounties. The only set pieces I got from kadala is invoker and black thorns. Spent a couple thousand shards and nothing to show for it. Did get a ok flail of the fell waiting for me once I complete the set. No RRoG either so I have 3 more peices to go.

Jrmint

Unless they changed it from the PC version, the difficulty you got the Cache from makes no difference in the loot table roll. Blaze through on Normal and get as many caches as fast as you can.
They actually made it so that the higher torment you do it on the higher chance you have. But that means you'd have to do higher than Torment 1, which I'm not sure you're able to. They also made it so the bounty bag has a chance to drop torment only legendaries.

Top Bottom