• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
1527.gif
lol, that's perfect

The RNG gods in this game hate me. Don't know what I did to piss them off.

I play with two friends both of whom drop legendaries at least twice as often as I do. As if that isn't bad enough, the few times I do drop orange, it is almost always accompanied by a gift for one of them, I've gifted at least 6-7 oranges to them now.

So how many gifts have I gotten from my orange loot-dropping compatriots?

Zero

**hmmm**
Hahaha same experience. Drives me nuts! Can't stop playing though. Could it be that magic find %?

So I have a lot of legendary gear such as Hellskull and Reapers wraps. However I got these at level 70 playing on normal. Now that I've switched to Torment 1 I'm seeing a ton of yellows eclipsing these quite handily. Will I see these legendaries drop again but with higher stats now??

So I have a lot of legendary gear such as Hellskull and Reapers wraps. However I got these at level 70 playing on normal. Now that I've switched to Torment 1 I'm seeing a ton of yellows eclipsing these quite handily. Will I see these legendaries drop again but with higher stats now??

As far as I am aware, a legendary is a legendary and it doesn't matter what difficulty you got it in, the only thing changing between difficulties being the drop rate. If the stats are worse, it's just bad rolls. I could be wrong, but I've also gotten a few upgrades in normal, and heaps of worthless legendaries in T3-4.

This, IMO, is why the goal shouldn't be to farm the highest difficulty you can survive in, but the highest difficulty that you can efficiently steamroll. I can kill stuff in T5 (slowly and with deaths), but I get WAY more drops just steamrolling T3 and occasionally T4 most of the day.

Same feeling after the game crashes and you lose your marauder boots

DAYUM!

That sucks. Sorry man!

That actually brings up something I wanted to discuss. This game needs some kind of "undo" button. That allows you to reverse accidental mistakes of different kinds.

For instance, it has a "buyback" button if you sell something you didn't want to sell, but it has no "sellback" button if you buy something you didn't want to, as I did last night.

There should be options like this for other things, like the salvage thing this guy mentioned. It is so easy in this game to inadvertently screw yourself just with a wrong button press. They should try to prevent that from happening.

DAYUM!

That sucks. Sorry man!

That actually brings up something I wanted to discuss. This game needs some kind of "undo" button. That allows you to reverse accidental mistakes of different kinds.

Home button!

I'm pretty vocal against cheaters, but I wouldn't hold it against anyone for closing out if they accidentally salvaged something awesome, especially that ring.

Sorry, what's the reasoning behind not the weapon/helmet?

I caught earlier posts that talked about focusing on main stat (STR for Barbarian, for example) so I would be curious why not STR for weapon?

Weapon and helmet have different stats for the gems, weapon's crit hit damage is an important place to pick up that stat.

kamorra

Fuck Cancer
I feel sad... I got about 50+ friend requests of Gaffers for D3 in the last days which I all accepted and still, I've never played with one of you guys. I just started adventure mode. Soooo much fun all alone! Why do you guys ignore my invites? ;(

Baliis

Sorry, what's the reasoning behind not the weapon/helmet?

I caught earlier posts that talked about focusing on main stat (STR for Barbarian, for example) so I would be curious why not STR for weapon?

Gens in weapons and helms don't give stats. Ruby in weapons gives plus damage , emerald is crit damage. In helms, ruby is +xp%, emerald is gold find for example. Helms you only would really use amethyst for vit or diamond for cdr, weapon is almost always an emerald, I think sometimes a ruby can be better though.

I feel sad... I got about 50+ friend requests of Gaffers for D3 in the last days which I all accepted and still, I've never played with one of you guys. I just started adventure mode. Soooo much fun all alone! Why do you guys ignore my invites? ;(

Invites are kind of sluggish and easy to miss, but you should just be able to jump directly into peoples' games by clicking their names on the right side of your menu screen.

On a related note, I really wish there was a way to sort that list of friends online, maybe by level and/or current difficulty they're playing at. Kinda sucks having to scroll all the way down and check everyone's status one at a time when like 50 people are online.

Andrew.

Banned
I accept all my requests and I send out gifts, jewels (I GOT YOU JEWELS BETTY! JEWELS!) and money frequently, but I dont have PS+.

I really gotta get PS+...

Someone snuck into your game and left the items. Kadala items don't drop on the ground.

As far as I am aware, a legendary is a legendary and it doesn't matter what difficulty you got it in, the only thing changing between difficulties being the drop rate. If the stats are worse, it's just bad rolls. I could be wrong, but I've also gotten a few upgrades in normal, and heaps of worthless legendaries in T3-4.

This, IMO, is why the goal shouldn't be to farm the highest difficulty you can survive in, but the highest difficulty that you can efficiently steamroll. I can kill stuff in T5 (slowly and with deaths), but I get WAY more drops just steamrolling T3 and occasionally T4 most of the day.

Well I checked my Hellskull min/max stats and they're fairly high for what I could have rolled. However if I change back to it now I'll drop 100k dps which is obviously not ideal. This game sure can be confusing.

To all of you who PM'd me - this post has your answer.

People have known about the home button thing forever. It's not any kind of secret, it's the simplest console 'exploit' in the book and people have been doing it in games forever. It's just a shame that Blizzard didn't find some way to lessen its effectiveness.

Baliis

Well I checked my Hellskull min/max stats and they're fairly high for what I could have rolled. However if I change back to it now I'll drop 100k dps which is obviously not ideal. This game sure can be confusing.

What are the two items? For a 100k difference, they must have some crazy different stats

What are the two items? For a 100k difference, they must have some crazy different stats

The other shield was a yellow just called Champions Palisade. It has a socket it in so I put in a high red gem for extra strength. It also has a 10% crit chance on it. My Hellskull didn't.

However since this post I spent 4 souls on rerolling both my Hellskull and Reapers wraps and gained 70k dps with both equipped from when I had the yellow shield. I guess its all about the mystic at this point.

I accept all my requests and I send out gifts, jewels (I GOT YOU JEWELS BETTY! JEWELS!) and money frequently, but I dont have PS+.

I really gotta get PS+...

Doooo eeeeet

Multiplayer is fun man, especially if you get 4 people cooperating to do split bounty runs then all get together for a rift.

kamorra

Fuck Cancer
Invites are kind of sluggish and easy to miss, but you should just be able to jump directly into peoples' games by clicking their names on the right side of your menu screen.
Yeah, I know but sometimes I need to choose which quest/bounty we play. Which isn't possible if I join a game. ;(

Bitmap, the Nemesis that killed you invaded last night. I had him down to a sliver, but then a Champion and his boys decided to tip the scales in his favor.

So...whoever gets this one after me, run first, he's packing.

Seems like the trick to getting gear is to play a different class.

I play my WD, wizard gear drops.
I switch to my wizard and I get barbarian gear.
so I play my barbarian and I get monk gear.
Playing my monk now and getting DH gear.

Obviously I got some drops for myself as well it just seems funny now that I look at it.

Got a weapon that gives me a pretty significant DPS boost, but its attack speed is like 0.90 per second, and it looks like shit compared to the old weapon. Think I'm gonna stick with the worse weapon

JJD

Guys some help please? I'm about to hit lvl. 70 with my DH and frankly I have no idea what I'm doing! How should I be spending my paragon points?

I still haven't finished the campaign (I'm at act 5) but I'm already playing at torment 1. I have no trouble with most mobs, except some elites but I can kill then without even dying if I'm a bit careful. My DPS is about 270K I have never tried to farm loot, I haven't even tried adventure mode. Guess I have been lucky with my drops.

The only time I really had trouble was with the Templar quest on act 5 on torment 1.
The grandmaster of the templar order was a beast! Dude could one shot me, It didn't help that he had about 10 templar soldiers helping him and they kept respawning

Act 5 is a blast, it's already my favorite act by far. The setting, mood and the amount of quests is all I ever wanted for Diablo.

Acts 3 and 4 are pretty bad IMO, 1 is very good and 2 is good. 5 is fucking great.

Act 5 > 1 >> 2 >>> 3 >>>> 4.

I linked my Battlenet account like they instructed me to do so that I could get the free legendary ring. That was a couple of days ago... and I still have yet to recieve the ring. Does this normaly take a few days?

ced

So this is round 2 of D3 for me and the wife, and yet again her character (hunter, previously wizard) has more armor than my Crusader (previous was monk). This makes no fucking sense.

Uggg.. I receibed this game yesterday... so many people AFK and dueling in "killing monsters" public games...

It's feel really like a totally new game.

Rad-

Zombie bears is awesome. I mean it's god damn zombie bears so it's awesome already... but it's also a strong skill.

JJD

I linked my Battlenet account like they instructed me to do so that I could get the free legendary ring. That was a couple of days ago... and I still have yet to recieve the ring. Does this normaly take a few days?

Check your treasure chest on towns.

Kyoufu

Check your stash.

Also, restore your licenses if you don't see any of the pre-order goodies in your inventory.

Generally speaking, level 60 Crusader now and I found a great one-handed Lightning sword (Fulminator?).

If I find gear that has high Lightning, Fire, or Holy damage I should tweak my build to take advantage of that, correct? I changed my skills around to deal as much Lightning damage now and I seemed to have doubled my in-game damage, just from finding that sword.
On that subject, I'm really digging the element- and skill-specific damage bonuses, as they're making me consider skills and builds I would've otherwise ignored.

Long story, short, after getting an artifact in the mail, I've gone from having a random collection of spells that sounded useful to having an 8% Arcane damage boost, a 27% Shock Pulse damage boost, and a 12% Hydra damage boost. Oh, and to top it all off, the wand I got in the mail gives me the ability to summon a second Hydra, and gives all of my attacks a 20% chance to turn in to a 10-yd AoE for 12% of its normal damage.

So now I'm built with Shock Pulse: Power Affinity, Disintegrate: Volatility, Hydra: Arcane Hydra, Archon: Teleport, Magic Weapon: Force Weapon, and Arcane Torrent: Disruption, sporting Glass Cannon, Prodigy, and Temporal Flux as my passives.

This is particularly sweet since TF means anything hit with Arcane is slowed 80% for 2s, and the Hydras shoot balls of Arcane that burst in a 10-yd radius! Talk about crowd control!! ^^ Plus, my wand gives all of my attacks a chance to AoE, adding to CC. So I walk in and drop a Hydra, soften things up with a dose of Torrent, then erase anything that's left with Disintegrate. All with an across-the-board 8% damage bonus and 80% slow effect, and even more damage for the Hydras. If things get hairy, I can drop a second Hydra to help mop up, and if I ever run low on juice, holding X not only destroys everything around me with a 27% damage bonus at no cost, I recover an extra 7 AP per hit while doing so.

I'm kicking all kinds of ass now, and in slow motion! lol

Baliis

The other shield was a yellow just called Champions Palisade. It has a socket it in so I put in a high red gem for extra strength. It also has a 10% crit chance on it. My Hellskull didn't.

However since this post I spent 4 souls on rerolling both my Hellskull and Reapers wraps and gained 70k dps with both equipped from when I had the yellow shield. I guess its all about the mystic at this point.

Having the 10% crit on the shield is huge , amazingly so.

Settings > PSN > Restore Licenses

On the odd occasion DLC may not be activated for whatever reason.

Odd.. i got the SOTC shoulders for my Demon Hunter. I go to battle.net and i can see my Playstation account is linked and it tells me to use my signet ring... maybe it will be there today when I get home... Every time I try to log into battle.net... i keep getting my account has been locked even tho... I am able to sign in. It says my log in is from a unusual place (work pc)...

PuMa

Every time I try to log into battle.net... i keep getting my account has been locked even tho... I am able to sign in. It says my log in is from a unusual place (work pc)...

I had to create a help ticket with Battle.net to get that error fixed. They responded super quick though.

I still can't decide between Monk and Crusader.

Monk is much more fun to play so far, but Crusader looks cool with all that armor.

Which class should I stick with?

Right now I'm playing them both at the same time. But I need to choose one.

Can't decide!

Gxgear

I still can't decide between Monk and Crusader.

Monk is much more fun to play so far, but Crusader looks cool with all that armor.

Which class should I stick with?

Right now I'm playing them both at the same time. But I need to choose one.

Can't decide!

Monk if you play with a group, Crusader slightly better solo.

Top Bottom