• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

Opened 20 horadric caches at once.

eLHeMRd.jpg

Found two RoRGs in last two chaches, guess I was way overdue on pity timer.

Wallach

So, basically... Earthquakes.

Earthquakes everywhere?

If so, damn again. Can't wait to try out Barb (after the WD and DH get to 70).

Yessir. I only have 3 pieces of it; the 2pc bonus isn't bad - Earthquake itself gets 2 seconds off cooldown every time it kills something - but really the 4pc is the entire circus and the 2pc is just the flyer.

Of course in the meantime I have 8 pieces of Raekor's which is a pain in the ass without the 2.1 patch. No sweet Vile Ward bonus, no Furious Charge damage buff, jank ass Furious Charge functionality where you can't use it at point blank. It's better than running without a set (because fuck spenders) but I could really use a RoRG or MotE legs right about now.

Wtf! lol

Never seen so much loot

It was a great tip from one of the GAF guys on my PSN list. Instead of getting one cache and opening it immediately, hoard as many as you can and then open all at once, you're guaranteed to find at least one legendary.

Also if you want to see 30fps in D3, just walk through that loot.

It was a great tip from one of the GAF guys on my PSN list. Instead of getting one cache and opening it immediately, hoard as many as you can and then open all at once, you're guaranteed to find at least one legendary.

Also if you want to see 30fps in D3, just walk through that loot.

Are those caches rewards from rifts or bounties? I'd love to open tons of those, I love surprises! Man, I need to finish all these acts soon. I'm being too careful plus I'm exploring every nook and cranny of each area.

David___

Banned
Are those caches rewards from rifts or bounties? I'd love to open tons of those, I love surprises! Man, I need to finish all these acts soon. I'm being too careful plus I'm exploring every nook and cranny of each area.

Bounties. And unless you're looking for the journals don't bother exploring. The area resets every time you exit.

Rewards for doing bounties in each act, takes about 5min per act if you have four guys.

Ryhian

Well yeah, you have nothing else to spend them on.

Sure, why not. But, I'm 0 for life from that lady. Probably around 5000 shards and not a single legendary. YMMV. On the flip side I drew a RRoG on my 5th cache.

Thanks. I figured just wanted to ask! Trying to find a good level 70 WD build that I like without crazy gear. I seem to enjoy pet builds (dogs/garg) vs straight up fetish and timed garg. Just feel so vulnerable.

Only if you plan on using the 2hander to 1 hander perk. 2 hander weapons are not generally favored and snobs on PC kick you from games if they see you with one.
Not true. Most calc on damage per wrath spent and 2h is the preferred method unless you run a blessed shield build, then it's Gyr's or bust.

That's a nice 2h. Good top end but the stats are a bit loose, IMO.

Duallusion

Question: are only yellow-named enemies considered as "elites" or, hopefully, blue- and purple-named (bosses) too? I'm wondering just how useful Stone of Jordan is.

Vorheez

I went ahead and did my own research on what leapquake barb is... Holy balls.

Is it effected by 2.1 at all? I hope not, I need this in my life

Navy Bean

Thanks. I figured just wanted to ask! Trying to find a good level 70 WD build that I like without crazy gear. I seem to enjoy pet builds (dogs/garg) vs straight up fetish and timed garg. Just feel so vulnerable.
I was the same way with my DH. Almost gave up and started a new character. But, I stuck with it and it really only takes one good drop to make you a badass. I was getting destroyed on solo T1 and then 2 nights later it's a breeze.

Matriox

Question: are only yellow-named enemies considered as "elites" or, hopefully, blue- and purple-named (bosses) too? I'm wondering just how useful Stone of Jordan is.

Yes, Blues, Purples, and Yellows are all "elites". Any mob with affex's and bosses are considered elites AFAIK.

barit

Elitedmg is very useful for higher difficulty like Torment III+

And yes all special mobs (blue, purple, boss or yellow) are considered as elite and at Torment III+ they have 100mio HP so every extra DMG is needed.

Navy Bean

Elitedmg is very useful for higher difficulty like Torment III+

And yes all special mobs (blue, purple, boss or yellow) are considered as elite and at Torment III+ they have 100mio HP so every extra DMG is needed.
As a DH I never had much trouble with elites. But trash mobs kicked my ass at higher levels. But, you're right, at T3+ you face multiple elites at once and have to be able to kill shit as fast as possible. I can't so I'm stuck in T2...

Act V is beginning to really wear on me. I've just defeated
Adria
after about 5 hours of scouring every map from the beginning of the act up until that point, and haven't had a single legendary drop. The aforementioned boss fight was also a pain in the ass. Almost had to turn it back down to hard after doing the whole act on master. Spent the whole fight rolling away because she completely ignored my pets.

Ryhian

I was the same way with my DH. Almost gave up and started a new character. But, I stuck with it and it really only takes one good drop to make you a badass. I was getting destroyed on solo T1 and then 2 nights later it's a breeze.

Ha thanks for the encouragement! I wanna try some multiplayer rifts tomorrow. Think I'll see if anyone is down so I can see how much faster/more fun it may be.

cakely

Just beat Act V on Expert, at level 65. Had my only deaths (3) at the final boss.

Very glad I wasn't playing hardcore, that would have been crushing.

I think I missed a quest so I might replay part of Act V again, it was quite good.

Jinjo

Levelling up my crusader in adventure mode. Can I save my horadic caches for lv 70 or is the level of the loot set at what level you gain the cache?

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Anyone have a spare RoRG to trade for my crusader? I can't run Act I anymore. SO MANY TIMES, no ring! Can give a darklight in exchange (or if there's something else you want that I have).

Got a RoRG the second time I opened a cache AND a SoJ dropped right before I quit playing for the night. The rolls aren't quite what I want, but it feels like I'm off to a good start in Adventure Mode.

I'm doing torment 2 and 3 solo and my gear is nothing special and gave tons of pets.

Jumping spiders
4 dogs with life on hit
Garg which buffs near large groups or elites
Piranhas with bogodile
Grasp of the dead with rain corpses
Spirit walk

Then for passives its the plus 20% damage. Plud 30% mana cost one.
The one with 10% fetish spawn chance
Then the speed plus dog and damage plus dog ones.

Got over 500k damage and about 5 mil defence. Trying to go with more plus physical damage if I can get it.

You start with 4 dogs and 1 garg and after a short fight you also have a ton of fetishes to. Throw hundreds of spiders in there to and its a lot of fun.

Anyone have a spare RoRG to trade for my crusader? I can't run Act I anymore. SO MANY TIMES, no ring! Can give a darklight in exchange (or if there's something else you want that I have).

I'll send you mine. I don't think RoRG benefits stack, do they? I mean if I equip 2 rings it doesn't go -2 requirement for sets, right?

Curufinwe

So I had exported my save from the 360 version, and when I just now started the game on the PS4 and went to import save data it says:

ATTENTION
Unless you imported your save data from the PLayStation3 system you will no longer have access to pre-order content.

This must only refer to the Level 60 Monk save I'm importing from the 360, right? If I start fresh as a Crusader, surely I would get to play the exclusive Sony stuff.

Actually, maybe they are referring to preorder bonuses from the 360 version like that special helmet with the experience boost. Which is no problem to lose.

So I had exported my save from the 360 version, and when I just now started the game on the PS4 and went to import save data it says:

ATTENTION
Unless you imported your save data from the PLayStation3 system you will no longer have access to pre-order content.

This must only refer to the Level 60 Monk save I'm importing from the 360, right? If I start fresh as a Crusader, surely I would get to play the exclusive Sony stuff.

The Sony stuff isn't pre-order content. It's available to anyone with a PS4 copy.

Edit: And yeah, I think you may be right.

About to hit the end game (not including RoS) unless it's a false climax (that sounds wrong)

After Act 2 I was on track to hit Level 70 before Act 4, but the levelling curve is so steep, and Acts 3&4 so short, I'll get nowhere near

Made room for Fist of the Heavens though I'm not sure if the Rune I have equipped is preventing the weapon bonus from effecting it.

Fought 5 Nemesis', killed them all quite easily

10626643_1469737629943734_1015499432607494243_n.jpg

d9b

Banned
Some guy in my rift group noticed I had a 67 Countess Julia's that rolled pretty well, and he kept trying to trade me a 14k DPS, 3 socket Azurewrath for it... Kept spamming me PSN messages. I don't want your damn hacked weapons =/
Why do you think his weapon was hacked?

I need friends to play with!

I have so much life that I lost all my digital friends now.. Pathetic

Can you guys please add me? My account name is ZonGz or Myoclonic Jerk .. one of them lol

EDIT: If anyone on now I'd appreciate if you can join me.. I'm trying max level available for me in act V but I'm getting my ass kicked and its not fun

Pinktaco

Finally defeated diablo last night. After messing around in act V I finally jumped to Torment 1. The first proper boss was a pain lol. That flame cannon, those cannon balls.. It wasn't until I changed my entire skill setup it worked out. As a WD he could take on 80-90%HP in one hit so that was lovely.^^

Pinktaco

I need friends to play with!

I have so much life that I lost all my digital friends now.. Pathetic

Can you guys please add me? My account name is ZonGz or Myoclonic Jerk .. one of them lol

EDIT: If anyone on now I'd appreciate if you can join me.. I'm trying max level available for me in act V but I'm getting my ass kicked and its not fun

If you want to you can add me. I'm an our or two into act 5. PSN id is steffenD89

Note to self: never enchant items when I'm in random group.
Just wasted mats, because host left while I was choosing from the list of new stats.
Game reloaded, no mats, no enchant :(

BokehKing

Banned
So here is a question

Once you hit 70, is there any skills or skills/rune combo you never touch again? (preferably answer for Barbarian and Crusader)

For example, I can't bring myself to part with (on my barb) rend (each rend heals me) and groundstomp (that pulls enemies towards me)
But should I drop them for something else?

HORRORSHØW

So here is a question

Once you hit 70, is there any skills or skills/rune combo you never touch again? (preferably answer for Barbarian and Crusader)

For example, I can't bring myself to part with (on my barb) rend (each rend heals me) and groundstomp (that pulls enemies towards me)
But should I drop them for something else?

not me. i love trying out different build combinations. i've beat t6 rift with three different combos on my crusader.

Top Bottom