• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

For Hardcore would it be feasible to just play on normal till you beat the main story just to get the diablo and mathiel trophies then up to finish off your level to 70.

X-Frame

A couple of questions:

1. Last night I joined a T1 Rift and it was almost over. I had to run through about 3 levels to catch up with the other players. Is there a way to teleport to them?

2. If I do join more Rifts, do I open the next one or something? I thought I read it was expected of new joiners, but maybe I'm thinking of specific PC servers?

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
A couple of questions:

1. Last night I joined a T1 Rift and it was almost over. I had to run through about 3 levels to catch up with the other players. Is there a way to teleport to them?
Yup, just click on their glowing flags. Don't go directly through the portal.

funkypie

Banned
I have some endgame questions.

the rings people have mentioned for crusader and DH is the best apparent way to get them is to grind normal act one? Do they only appear in act one or can you get them in rifts too?

is the normal campaign better for act one or bounty mode for the grind?

I take it is normal to exclude the torment gear from legendary drops.

Also i'm using darklight on my crusader with fists. I currently use the tremor rune with lightning damage, is the fire rune better with +fire elemental damage?

-PXG-

Once I get off work, I'm heading straight to the liquor store and getting food.... And then...

DRUNK RIFTS!!!

Who's down?

Audioboxer

Got to level 43.

Soo much has changed since Diablo 3 on the PS3, just feels like a game that is 10x better. Even simple things like bonuses for breaking items and the experience boosts for large monster kill chains.

This is how the game should of been day 1!

Omnicent

Once I get off work, I'm heading straight to the liquor store and getting food.... And then...

DRUNK RIFTS!!!

Who's down?

I'm up for some rifts. what time would this be around? Still trying to better optimize my FoTF Prophet Build, so for now I'm running Darklight Firelight (even more so now that I have a harringtons).

anddo0

Dat adventure mode.. Just when I thought this game couldn't get more addictive.
Switching to remote play mode now, watching some college football. Go Blue!

jpd1408

Banned
New to diablo anybody have any tips for the barbarian class? Also how do I play co op with people? No one on my friends list plays the game. I'm in the first act level 10 normal.

Haines

Banned
New to diablo anybody have any tips for the barbarian class? Also how do I play co op with people? No one on my friends list plays the game. I'm in the first act level 10 normal.

When your new turn on elective mode. Just fully explore all the menus and take time to digest everything. You will catch on quick.

This game makes me hate Sony for not delivering suspend/resume for the PS4 yet. Need it so badly in a game that remembers zero map exploration progress. I played in Act V for about an hour yesterday before work, killing 2 of the fire maidens in the burning city area, and doing other side things within the map. Did a town portal, quit. Turned it on after work, had to do everything over again.

blackjaw

I'm picking this up for XB1 today, stoked.

I last played a DH on PS3 and got through hard, never tried any of the "master" difficulties.

Not sure what toon to roll, I really liked DH but might try a crusader out for a bit of hack/slash fun. Can't wait!

Also, should I just jump in on hard or so what I did on my DH (easy to hard)?

zou

A couple of questions:

2. If I do join more Rifts, do I open the next one or something? I thought I read it was expected of new joiners, but maybe I'm thinking of specific PC servers?

click their banner

Swangod

Neo Member
I have a question. I've been playing Master on Adventure mode with randoms, and I'm finding that nearly all the legendaries I'm finding are worse than what I currently have equipped. I'm only at about 251k damage, but am I playing on too low of a level and is that why I'm not getting better equipment? ... Or is it just bad luck?

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
I have a friend coming over today and want to play local co-op with him. But I only have one character and he's level 30 (playing on Master, first playthrough). How exactly should we play?

IllumiNate

I'm still only lvl 28, but everyone can feel free to add me on PSN: CottonBalla
(Diablo 3 and Destiny will be all I play until DA:I)

theytookourjobz

To bad we can't remap R2 to L1 on the Vita. Otherwise remote play is solid.

Just tried remote play for the first time and while it runs great, it's worthless because my R2 skill (arguably the one I use the most) just doesn't work. The rear touchpad registers about one out of every 15 inputs. Bummer.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Hey everyone. I'm really sorry if this has already been answered, but when will the game start to get challenging?

It's my first playthrough. I'm a level 42 wizard and I'm playing on expert and it's still a breeze.

katkombat

Banned
Got to level 33 (maybe 34) and just cleared act 2.

I didn't enjoy my time with this on PC (vanilla), but holy shit this is amazing.

anddo0

Just tried remote play for the first time and while it runs great, it's worthless because my R2 skill (arguably the one I use the most) just doesn't work. The rear touchpad registers about one out of every 15 inputs. Bummer.

Yeah that's the main issue.
Maybe Blizz can patch it to extend the rear touch zone?

Depending on your class you can set the skill with the longest cooldown to R2. It's not ideal, but at least you won't depend on it as much.

Night Elve

Neo Member
This game makes me hate Sony for not delivering suspend/resume for the PS4 yet. Need it so badly in a game that remembers zero map exploration progress. I played in Act V for about an hour yesterday before work, killing 2 of the fire maidens in the burning city area, and doing other side things within the map. Did a town portal, quit. Turned it on after work, had to do everything over again.
I agree. Suspend/Resume would be Godsend in this game.

Lima

It's my first playthrough. I'm a level 42 wizard and I'm playing on expert and it's still a breeze.

Act 5 spending on your gear/skills. Nothing hard though. You can also up it to Master difficulty upon reaching act 5.

The "story" and everything up to level 70 is tutorial stuff. Then Diablo 3 begins.

If it's still to easy on Torment play hardcore.

Raise the difficulty?

He can't.

Number45

Finally died at level 69 on my first run through the game. Just got to the
high heavens
and it seems like a pretty substantial difficulty spike as soon as you enter! D:

In better news, looks like hitting 70 in a single run is perfectly possible.

Raise the difficulty?
If it's his first character, he can't until he hits act 5.

Daigoro

I have a friend coming over today and want to play local co-op with him. But I only have one character and he's level 30 (playing on Master, first playthrough). How exactly should we play?
have the higher level character start the game and the lower level join. It scales so you will power up temporarily and can hang at his level. It's called apprentice mode or something similar.

X-Frame

I made this mistake, thinking I could hoard legendary items until I hit 70, then I got a bunch of stuff to salvage.

I did this myself too, thinking it was like Destiny's Engrams. Luckily I realized it not too late and was still able to use the item that was about 3-4 levels below me.

JP

Just picked up my first green item, I thought Legendry items were the highest level? From looking at the stats this seems to be part of a set called Aughild's Victory, are these just random pickups or did I get it from doing something in particular?

EDIT:
Doesn't matter, just seen that I can get the blacksmith to craft them for me. Been able to buy the complete set.

Lima

Why even play this type of game with hacked gear? What's the fun in that?

Different people find different things fun. What's so hard to understand. There is no competitive edge to this game so who gives a shit about what other people do.

If a cheater joins you just kick him or if you join his game leave. This is not rocket science.

Just picked up my first green item, I thought Legendry items were the highest level? From looking at the stats this seems to be part of a set called Aughild's Victory, are these just random pickups or did I get it from doing something in particular?

Set items drop in torment difficulty. They are like legendaries but get extra bonus for owning multiple pieces.

have the higher level character start the game and the lower level join. It scales so you will power up temporarily and can hang at his level. It's called apprentice mode or something similar.

Yup. I got a couple of peeps joining my game in act V on Master mode and they were levels 11 and 21, and they coped well. I died and they didn't actually lol

Anyone wana play? ZonGz or Myoclonic Jerk

Lima

The highest level guy doesn't even need to be the host. Once he joins the game everything will be scaled up to his stats. Quite a genius system.

Top Bottom