• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

Audioboxer

To bad we can't remap R2 to L1 on the Vita. Otherwise remote play is solid.

Just tried remote play for the first time and while it runs great, it's worthless because my R2 skill (arguably the one I use the most) just doesn't work. The rear touchpad registers about one out of every 15 inputs. Bummer.

Yeah that's the main issue.
Maybe Blizz can patch it to extend the rear touch zone?

Depending on your class you can set the skill with the longest cooldown to R2. It's not ideal, but at least you won't depend on it as much.

That's what I had to do but yeah we need to get onto Blizzard to allow us to map R2 to L1 on the Vita and have L1 (potion use) on the back touch.

I've tweeted @Diablo

Weevilone

I just got to Malthael and I'm lvl 67 playing on expert, first play through. Should I try to kill him now, or go level up first for the guaranteed legendary drops, to make sure they are 70?

I gave it a quick try and it seems difficult at this level.

If I'm going to grind levels, anything recommended?

cakely

The highest level guy doesn't even need to be the host. Once he joins the game everything will be scaled up to his stats. Quite a genius system.

I'm pretty sure the monster level is directly linked to the host level. It starts at the host level and then increases every time he levels up.

Lower-level players that join will gain bonuses to compensate.

Kamina

Golden Boy
Guys, it would immensely help if you just stop and wait when you hear the Nemesis horn. Running off, calling the Rift Guardian, aggro-ing two Elites and their 8 Minions as well as 6 Blue-Elites in the process will just turn everything into a fuckfest that none can survive. Especially not Wizards and DHs.

Lima

I'm pretty sure the monster level is directly linked to the host level. It starts at the host level and then increases every time he levels up.

Lower-level players that join will gain bonuses to compensate.

Nope everything is automatically scaled up to the highest level player in the party including the merchants which kinda sucks because the low level players can't buy any gear because it is not at their level. That is really the only fault I can see in the system.

I finally made it to Whimsyshire...

iYaBaTW1ErRXa.jpg

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Act 5 spending on your gear/skills. Nothing hard though. You can also up it to Master difficulty upon reaching act 5.

The "story" and everything up to level 70 is tutorial stuff. Then Diablo 3 begins.

If it's still to easy on Torment play hardcore.

He can't.

It's she and thanks. :)

Yep I can't sadly. First playthrough limits me to expert.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Picked up the PS3 version today.

Yeah, I'm nowhere near what you would call a Diablo veteran or anything, and I still had to turn the difficulty up to Expert just to get it to the point where I wasn't mowing everything down without taking any damage at all. :lol

Really enjoying it so far though!

drotahorror

Any recommendations on 70 pre 2.1 monk builds? I can't find any good builds now that diablofans is all about 2.1. Looks like monk had a lot of new passives added so it changed up their builds quite a bit.

X-Frame

Any recommendations on 70 pre 2.1 monk builds? I can't find any good builds now that diablofans is all about 2.1. Looks like monk had a lot of new passives added so it changed up their builds quite a bit.

Yeah I noticed this too when I was looking for Crusader builds. I was wondering why everything seemed to change from 1 day to the next.

It seems strange that the UEE would launch and then the PC 2.1 patch be a week later. I guess they couldn't do both at the same time and launch 2.1 for the consoles as well.

anddo0

That's what I had to do but yeah we need to get onto Blizzard to allow us to map R2 to L1 on the Vita and have L1 (potion use) on the back touch.

I've tweeted @Diablo

I forgot about potions.. Although, pretty much all classes have ways of generating health.

I wonder how difficult it would be to add touchscreen.. As of now it accesses the inventory, so it has some function.

Jarrod38

Finally got to Level 70 and now working my Paragon levels which I'm at level 6 right now. Anyways is it worth going the Torment difficultly yet?

Finally got to Level 70 and now working my Paragon levels which I'm at level 6 right now. Anyways is it worth going the Torment difficultly yet?

Try it. If you don't get destroyed keep at it. You get better drops. If you die a ton drop back down till you get some better gear

I've gone back down to expert for act V. Was at master for awhile, but I just hit a string of deaths and got sick of it. Tested out torment for a minute and it was taking too long to kill everything. Need better gear.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Oh God I'm such a dumbass. I was getting pissy at the game for randomly dropping my DPS sometimes, only to realise that I was just losing the attack per second Shrine boost. Man I am so slow sometimes. Also, Kadala is my goddamn waifu. Dropped me Inna's Vast Expanse a few days ago. Lovely.

Is it just me, or does the rift guardian with the poison gas aura wipe everyone pretty much instantly no matter what their gear? I had like 1500 all res on my witch hunter last night and was still getting melted if I got within a screen's distance of the guy. I think he needs to be toned down. :| I was dying even when I wasn't standing in anything.

Different people find different things fun. What's so hard to understand. There is no competitive edge to this game so who gives a shit about what other people do.

If a cheater joins you just kick him or if you join his game leave. This is not rocket science.

Don't care what people do to have fun, I was just wondering is all. I thought the point of the game was to grind for that elusive set so there's some sort of payoff when going to higher difficulties.

Blu10

Is it just me, or does the rift guardian with the poison gas aura wipe everyone pretty much instantly no matter what their gear? I had like 1500 all res on my witch hunter last night and was still getting melted if I got within a screen's distance of the guy. I think he needs to be toned down. :| I was dying even when I wasn't standing in anything.

What difficulty...just face ranked him with my mage at around 1800 poison resit.

Ryhian

Anyone wanna run some T1 act 1 split bounties?

I'm not quite able to handle t1 as efficiently as I should.

I am looking to join some bounty/rift groups. The last couple I joined on master had some people with hacked items which made it unfun.

If anyone is up for some coop msg me psn: Ryhian

Teletraan1

Banned
Got the game last week on PS4. Had the OG D3 on PC, played the shit out of it but hated the original loot system and RMAH. This is how the game should have been from the start. The controller is so perfect for this game. Working on getting all the classes to 70 but started a crusader first and already got through some Torment 1 rifts pretty quickly solo. Really loving this game again.

Near the end of act 3 in expert. Really lovin it and the local coop is killer. Going to be away from my ps4 for a week and by the time I get back Destiny will be out. Why did these two come out so close.

quest

Not Banned from OT
Was a good day of playing with Dog$. Got lot of forgotten souls and got a chance to test holy shot gun. Love it but need a lot more gear to make it work right. It is T4 viable right now but still a huge work in progress. Need more cool down stuck at 47.98 percent need to get either a FoTF I can roll into cool down or a better RoRG with a crit stat I can roll into cool down. Also don't have much holy damage either damn game won't dop me a amulet with holy I can turn into anything decent. Hit paragon 241 and still only got 5 akkan pieces thankfully they were the exact ones I need.

Looking through my friends list, beside their class and level there's a blue number in brackets. What does that number represent?

Thanks

Those are Paragon levels. After you hit 70, you continue gaining XP. When you reach a new Paragon level, you earn a Paragon point and can level up different bonus stats.

Those are Paragon levels. After you hit 70, you continue gaining XP. When you reach a new Paragon level, you earn a Paragon point and can level up different bonus stats.

Ah, cool, thanks.

Wow, the people on my friends list must have been mainlining this game, lol.

I'm playing through on hard now solo, I figured I should learn the ins and outs of the new skill/rune system and just take in the story.

I just found out that I can dashboard/close application to get back bloodshards. Should make things a bit easier to get.

Also I just switched to Torment, did 3 rifts, and got a total of 2 legendary items. Is this normal or just bad luck?

LuchaShaq

Banned
Anyone know if further expansion content is planned and if so will it be DLC or will it be another dang disc in a year like how the 360/ps3 versions were handled.

Okay thanks. So everyone get credit even if you're worlds apart? Did not know that. Will try doing that tonight with friends.

Yup, everyone gets credits for the bounties. Though you'd miss out on any drops from elites your friends killed.

I just found out that I can dashboard/close application to get back bloodshards. Should make things a bit easier to get.

Also I just switched to Torment, did 3 rifts, and got a total of 2 legendary items. Is this normal or just bad luck?

That's normal. I've done many rifts where I got 0 legendaries. It can get frustrating sometimes, but it feels so good when you get the set piece or legendary weapon you wanted to drop.

Top Bottom