• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

I've got a game open on Hardcore - Expert in Act II if anyone wants to join on PS4. My PSN is: earvcunanan
Hmmm...I'm tempted. I'm barely at the spider queen part in act I. Playing on hard, and it still feels too risky. Playing solo feels like it's taking too long though. Is it just you playing?

RoKKeR

So I just popped on to find a bunch of legendary items in my mailbox. Can I essentially "save these for later" and identify them when I'm a higher level? Or is there no use for that and should I just identify them now?

Vire

So I just popped on to find a bunch of legendary items in my mailbox. Can I essentially "save these for later" and identify them when I'm a higher level? Or is there no use for that and should I just identify them now?

You could do that if you'd like, it scales to your level. Up to you really.

On one hand you'll quickly outgrow the legendaries at a lower level, on the other hand, the chances of you getting a really good end game level 70 piece off one roll is extremely low.

drotahorror

So yeah anyone got any suggestions for monk builds I'm all ears.

Also, does anyone get this when trying to view your own posts on gaf?

- Searching has been disabled.

Never seen that before.

Got these two Legendary axes to drop within 10 minutes of each other, so I gave the other to the Templar. Two ghostly companions is awesome.

DiabloIIIScreenshot2014-08-3009-15-19.png~original

RoKKeR

You could do that if you'd like, it scales to your level. Up to you really.

On one hand you'll quickly outgrow the legendaries at a lower level, on the other hand, the chances of you getting a really good end game level 70 piece off one roll is extremely low.

So they do scale, alright thanks. Well I have 1H weapons so I might just space out when I end up using them...works for me.

Just played with earvcunanan on expert hc for literally 20 seconds. Nearly died like 3 times in a row by some low level minions. Had to nope the fuck outta that game. No way I was gonna make the entire day spent playing go to waste in 8 seconds lol.

Just played with earvcunanan on expert hc for literally 20 seconds. Nearly died like 3 times in a row by some low level minions. Had to nope the fuck outta that game. No way I was gonna make the entire day spent playing go to waste in 8 seconds lol.

Damn, lol. Whenever you're ready and catch up, we can play together! I'll have some legendary loot waiting for ya.

Vire

Just got the Stone of Jordan. :)

Not sure what else I can do with this character...

BwVxtQuIMAAT0jm.jpg:orig

97% Fire Damage Increase
27% Elite Damage Increase

Doing like 13-15 million hit crits. Any suggestions from other supah wizards on here?

97% Fire Damage Increase

Doing like 13-15 million hit crits. Any suggestions from other supah wizards on here?

I'm not a supah wizard just yet, but I'm pretty close. If you're using a Primary like Magic Missile and Meteor as your spender, it might be worth it to use the Arcane Dynamo Passive. After 5 Magic Missiles, your Meteor gets a 60% increase in damage. That helps me get 80+ million crits. Since Meteor is on a cooldown, this works out pretty well. And if you have movement speed on your boots, try re-rolling them for another affix, since 50 Paragon points puts you at max movement speed.

Velcro Fly

Just got a legendary mace on my noob Crusader! Only requires level 18 but still my damage went up by like 50% by equipping it.

Game is really fun so far.

Vire

I'm not a supah wizard just yet, but I'm pretty close. If you're using a Primary like Magic Missile and Meteor as your spender, it might be worth it to use the Arcane Dynamo Passive. After 5 Magic Missiles, your Meteor gets a 60% increase in damage. That helps me get 80+ million crits. Since Meteor is on a cooldown, this works out pretty well. And if you have movement speed on your boots, try re-rolling them for another affix, since 50 Paragon points puts you at max movement speed.

Oh hey, that's pretty awesome. I didn't know that actually.

I use Magic Missile and Meteor so that's perfect. I'm glad I asked!

Oh hey, that's pretty awesome. I didn't know that actually.

I use Magic Missile and Meteor so that's perfect. I'm glad I asked!

Are you using Tal's set? Apparently the meteors that proc from the set bonus will use up the arcane dynamo stacks. Frozen Orb from Wizardspike and other similar spells coming from weapons also use it too. This isn't a problem for me, since I don't have a full Tal's set, but I dunno if that would be a dealbreaker for you.

Can someone explain the purpose of adventure mode to me? I feel like I'm missing something. It seems like you just warp around to dungeons you've already done, only now since your playing on a harder mode to get better stuff every enemy is a damage sponge and that's not very fun for me. I want to see some rifts but I'm starting to wonder if it's worth the hassle.

Can someone explain the purpose of adventure mode to me? I feel like I'm missing something. It seems like you just warp around to dungeons you've already done, only now since your playing on a harder mode to get better stuff every enemy is a damage sponge and that's not very fun for me. I want to see some rifts but I'm starting to wonder if it's worth the hassle.
I felt the same at first. Just join other people's Rift games and it's a ton of fun

I would say if you're not clearing fast enough, you might wanna bump the difficulty down a notch until you can bump your gear up a notch.

Jolkien

That's kinda the whole point of Diablo, to repeat content and get better gear to kill harder monster, to get better gear to kill even harder monster. That is literally the whole point of the game. Adventure mode removes the tedium of it because alot of the map and monster you encounter varied. (in Rift case) and the objective you gotta do on maps (for bounties) varie every single game.

Kemal86

Had a great night. Got a nice upgraded gloves and an ever so slightly better Firewalkers from Kadela.

Then I got my first piece of the level 70 Inna's set from a Rift Guardian. Holy shiiiit at that 4pc bonus...still need to get my RROG though >.>

Up to 330k DPS on my Monk now.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Alright, so it's pretty damn obvious some people are cheating and using exploits. People with multiple perfect full sets of armor and 10 Stones Of Jordan and Countess Julia's. The odds of getting or crafting all those items on so many occasions are just so astronomically low that it makes me pause.

Why would someone play a game that's about grinding hard and the thrill of earning loot by duping items and gold? I don't know man, I just think it defeats the purpose of the game and probably sucks a tom of the legitimate enjoyment out of the game. To each his own I guess, I just think it's sad.

mstevens

lol

Been trying to get Aughild set pieces for my Crusader with no luck..

Decided to level a hardcore Crusader to 70 for fun / the trophy, and I got one of the plans doing level 59 hard bounties.

Doh.

Vire

Are you using Tal's set? Apparently the meteors that proc from the set bonus will use up the arcane dynamo stacks. Frozen Orb from Wizardspike and other similar spells coming from weapons also use it too. This isn't a problem for me, since I don't have a full Tal's set, but I dunno if that would be a dealbreaker for you.

I don't have the full set bonus for Tal so it's all good.

What's your cool down reduction at?

97% Fire Damage Increase

and I am just struggling to get a legendary orb...

I don't have the full set bonus for Tal so it's all good.

What's your cool down reduction at?

It's not very high, maybe in the 30s. I need to get it higher so I can spam Meteor more. Lately I've been alternating between Arcane Dynamo and Conflagration to see which one feels better for me. Let me know what you think of it.

Prometheus Zero

Neo Member
Alright, so it's pretty damn obvious some people are cheating and using exploits. People with multiple perfect full sets of armor and 10 Stones Of Jordan and Countess Julia's. The odds of getting or crafting all those items on so many occasions are just so astronomically low that it makes me pause.

Why would someone play a game that's about grinding hard and the thrill of earning loot by duping items and gold? I don't know man, I just think it defeats the purpose of the game and probably sucks a tom of the legitimate enjoyment out of the game. To each his own I guess, I just think it's sad.

Some people, myself included, have put hundreds of hours into a single character on the PC version. With the knowledge and experience I've gained on how to build and theory-craft different builds, I'm just enjoying the PS4 version as a sandbox of sorts, using all available tools to acquire gear so I can build and try out all those Idea's I've had. It's actually really enjoyable to try and get a full set from gambling and just see what pops out of endless caches, taking all of that probable gear and combining things to see how survivable and unique different combinations can be.

It's like taking the game and shrinking it down to a size, that really lets you play with the numbers without having to spend months waiting for that one piece of loot.. that may be a bad roll.. that may not work as you thought it would for your build.

I kind of agree that your first few times though, take your time.. let the game guide you, use what you find and enjoy yourself, but as this is not a competition, there is no ladder, no season, no cheating.. if you feel like opening Pandora's box and duping a few items, or resetting to keep your shards.. well why not. It's really all about enjoying what your doing.

It's the same reason we used to buy gamesharks to unlock unlimited lives, or just mess with the code and see what happens. Enjoy the sandbox.

Edit: Even with resetting shards and caches, it still isn't a guarantee that you will find all the exact gear you are looking for, and more times than not, you'll come across something with a unique property or a weird roll that you will want to go and try and build a build around.. also no matter what.. its always thrilling to kill a mob and get that drop. Psychological wizardry it may be, having loot fly out of a monster or chest and make that *CLANK* Look at me sound with that Beacon of light ... yeah.. time to play another 500 hrs.

Don't think about it, it doesn't effect you if you boot them from the game or refuse to run with them when you find out. Let them play how they want? As a community the way you respond in game is what matters, see it, boot it and everyone else who doesn't want to play with people who hack should do the same eventually they'll move on, lamenting about it only gives them attention.

Awesome name by the way!

Gromph

This tag is currently undergoing scheduled maintenance...
Staff Member
lol

Been trying to get Aughild set pieces for my Crusader with no luck..

Decided to level a hardcore Crusader to 70 for fun / the trophy, and I got one of the plans doing level 59 hard bounties.

Doh.

You craft those pieces :)

Vire

It's not very high, maybe in the 30s. I need to get it higher so I can spam Meteor more. Lately I've been alternating between Arcane Dynamo and Conflagration to see which one feels better for me. Let me know what you think of it.

I'm getting the 80 million crit bonuses, but I just can't spam meteor fast enough with my current setup for it to be viable. I might go and get some cool down reduction gear and see how it pans out.

I'm getting the 80 million crit bonuses, but I just can't spam meteor fast enough with my current setup for it to be viable. I might go and get some cool down reduction gear and see how it pans out.

Yeah, that's the problem I've been having too. Though I also run Mirror Image-Duplicates, so I can get weaker Meteors from that while waiting for my cooldown. I think I might not use Arcane Dynamo until my cooldown is closer to 50%. Now, if you were running something like Arcane Orb, or another heavy hitter with no cooldown, it would be fine.

Vire

Yeah, that's the problem I've been having too. Though I also run Mirror Image-Duplicates, so I can get weaker Meteors from that while waiting for my cooldown. I think I might not use Arcane Dynamo until my cooldown is closer to 50%. Now, if you were running something like Arcane Orb, or another heavy hitter with no cooldown, it would be fine.

I used to use meteor shower, but Arcando Dynamo doesn't really improve it that greatly.

I dunno, I'll mess around with it. It's fun seeing 80 million crits at least!

EDIT: I'm thinking about trying this Magic Missile/Mirrorball build in addition to this maybe?

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/12471427234?page=1

Velcro Fly

Just finished Act 1! Great stopping point for today. Glad I picked this up for the long weekend. Crusader is really fun. Think my next character is going to be a caster though.

I used to use meteor shower, but Arcando Dynamo doesn't really improve it that greatly.

I dunno, I'll mess around with it. It's fun seeing 80 million crits at least!

It's pretty good when you're running with Crusaders in your party. You can hide behind them while they tank, then boom, 80 million damage!

Vire

So what happens if you begin T6 with a level 1 character?
Like the opening few zombies and such. Do you level up absurdly fast?

You'd die instantly probably. However, I've seen people fast level friends by bringing them into Torment 5/6 and killing mobs for them.

Probably could get to 70 in under an hour.

I went from having two people on my friends list to over 40 people on my friends list thanks to Gaf.

Let's see, today I defeated 6 Nemesis and sent their dropped presents out and came across 6 Legendary drops ( mainly two handed swords) and I mailed those out to random people who has added me.

PSN Frost-Fiend

Once I get to Lvl 70 I would love to do co op with Gaf members and I like mailing out legendary equipment I come across to random users on my friends list.

Top Bottom