• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

I can't seem to get my wizard above 800k DPS no matter what I do. Does DPS matter to wizards as much as other classes? I've got 20% Arcane, 25% Fire, 48% CHC and 350% CHD, plus 15-30% additional damage from passive skills. Do they not count towards your total DPS shown on the inventory tab?

nubbe

Take hours to get a tiny incremental update, and never a class set :|

Z9nB5pI.jpg

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
When enchanting gear, what attributes can turn into CHC?

Or rather, are there any enchanting guides/tables/calcs?

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I'm dog sitting across town for the weekend and am having major Diablo withdrawals.

I renamed the bigger dog Azmodan and the smaller dog Belial, btw.

Mirrorball!

Now for:

Serpent Sparker
Magefist
Tal Rasha Allegiance
Blackthorne's Pants

And I'll be done.
My Wizard will be:

Immune to Desecrator/Plagued/etc attacks
Cast 2 Hydras
Meteors of Ice & Fire will fall every 8 seconds (might swap to Arcane)
3 Magic Missiles
Around 40%+ Elite damage

Also found 3 pieces of the Firebird. 2 more and I'll use that as option once the patch hits.

I happy.

Aces&Eights

I have a problem: I get my Crusader up to speed, 70/15, but rather than go and reap the rewards of a tank I can't help but bump up the difficulty. I'm on T2 and as long as I have a wizard I can hold my own but even then, in a mob with elites, i hack and spam my wrath then get demolished by lasers, ice, walls and shit and run back to the portal to heal in town. Go back, Last 30 seconds, hit portal. Rinse and repeat.

I think my problem is I know the great gear gets better at T6 and I want the top of the line gear. I've received one (1) gift so far. I've tried to evoke GAF karma by sending out lots of presents but nothing gets reciprocated. So my poor Crusader is broken and battered, bruised and weary as he turtles through Act 2 bounties, hoping, praying to his God he gets a full set of something great or at least a goddamn one handed weapon that does at least 2k base damage and a slot for a ruby. Is that too much to ask for, Lord?

I'm a bit disappointed by the rifts so far. Maybe I'm just bitter about not finding any good loot in them, though.

Tip I learned: stay in rift after you beat the Guardian. Good stuff can drop. I always seem to get great things for friends but hey, someone is happy at least lol.

Rizzi

I did find a neat 1h sword that does twice as much damage as my 2h weapon did though. So it's not all bad.
Not sure how to spec as a monk.

I have a problem with the beasts that transform into those big rock giants. Encountered 3 sets of those elites and got totally destroyed.

Any tips on the best way to handle them with a Crusader?

Wanted to drop another PSA: Don't close turn in the Rift quest after killing the guardian! It's not uncommon for there to be a bunch more Elites and chests with higher chances to drop legendaries, even after the guardian is dead. Put your rift keys to good use!

1. RoRG only comes from the caches in Act 1. The chance for it to drop increase starting with Torment II+. It's best for you to grind it out on normal.

2. You are better off grinding bounties in Act 1 than anything else.

3. Use whatever rune corresponds to the elemental damage you are increasing.
I finally got my Royal ring of grandeur! Turned in the bounties on torment 1 and reset and kicked it up to torment 6 and kept opening It and reseting, Took me about about 45 minutes while i watched law and order and sure enough it dropped! Thanks for the heads up once again, I'd been running rifts in master expecting it to drop previously!

ZangBa

I finally got my Royal ring of grandeur! Turned in the bounties on torment 1 and reset and kicked it up to torment 6 and kept opening It and reseting, Took me about about 45 minutes while i watched law and order and sure enough it dropped! Thanks for the heads up once again, I'd been running rifts in master expecting it to drop previously!

Yay, no problem. C:

Llyrwenne

Unconfirmed Member
Holy shit, I just discovered that the touch-pad can send you to different parts of your inventory; left side goes to your gear, right side goes to your skills. Awesome!

Now near the end of Act V with my second character, a Wizard. Arcane Torrent is so OP.

HGStormy

Banned
Holy shit, I just discovered that the touch-pad can send you to different parts of your inventory; left side goes to your gear, right side goes to your skills. Awesome!

Now near the end of Act V with my second character, a Wizard. Arcane Torrent is so OP.

What's so great about arcane torrent? D:

David___

Banned

How? Doesn't the game auto-save once you open a chest?

DagsJT

Finished the story yesterday and did some bounties and rifts with my monk but feel like a change so thinking I might roll a wizard and adventure with it to get it up to level 70.

Can anyone craft the low level Cain's set with the xp boost bonus? I'd like to level a 3rd character to 70 this weekend but am slightly burnt out at this point so I want to make it as quick as possible.

PM me if you can help, I can trade some gems or a legendary or two I've got stashed or something.

Rizzi

Can anyone craft the low level Cain's set with the xp boost bonus? I'd like to level a 3rd character to 70 this weekend but am slightly burnt out at this point so I want to make it as quick as possible.

PM me if you can help, I can trade some gems or a legendary or two I've got stashed or something.

I think I can. Lemme check.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Up to Lv. 17 with Demon Hunter and I've been dying a bit on Expert, mostly to Scavengers and Carrion Bats. Funny enough I didn't have any trouble with the Skeleton King, but those particular trash mobs cause me a lot of problems for some reason. I bumped the difficulty down to Hard and it's more manageable now. On one hand, I'm really having a blast with Demon Hunter, but on the other hand I'm dying more than I'd like. Should I switch to a different class (even though I'd hate to lose all the time I've put into the game thus far) or stick it out with Demon Hunter? Any general DH advice for my level?

Llyrwenne

Unconfirmed Member
What's so great about arcane torrent? D:
High damage, ranged, area of effect. Decimates most Elites in mere seconds while also slowing for 80% with that one passive. Groups of non-Elite enemies are pretty much insta-killed. ( playing on Master BTW, not @ 70 yet )

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Noob question: how do you reset?

Okay nvm, saw your post above.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
So they do scale, alright thanks. Well I have 1H weapons so I might just space out when I end up using them...works for me.
Gifts ONLY scale if you leave them unopened in the mailbox, if you have taken the items out but haven't ID'd them, they will not scale and have been set to the level you're currently at.

Nokterian

For anyone who is not playing a monk or is. Here is a build i use on the PC version but off course it adepts nicely on PS4 or any console these days with UEE.

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#aVfdSk!UXWg!bYabcZ

And here is my monk with the gear i have. For your information i still need to put some things different with the mystic but she is a huge money sink and need to farm more forgotten souls.

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Nokterian-2469/hero/31384332

When patch 2.1 will hit on console those legendary's gems are so worth it and there pretty amazing. At this moment i am melting elites and other trash like it's nothing in Torment 2. Trying to complete Aughild's set and i know those lasers suck ass but poison is even worse i see that more getting Mara's Kaleidascope that heals you from poison is so damn good.

Most important is spirit generator for using your abilties i have fallen in love with the monk again on PC and will do in time make a new one on PS4. Crusader at this moment fits so good on PS4 and i am having fun with it.

What's the best set for a wizard?

I'd like to know that too..

I just reached level 70 and yet to finish the game, but I kinda suck at playing. I need to explore the skills of my wizard more. I feel like I haven't even scratched the surface.

I'm not sure if I know how to choose the best items for me too..

Man I really suck at this game! :(

Couple of questions about Followers

Does the Enchantress' quest open up after the other 2?

What did the Scoundrel mean when he said he recognised the knife when he found his brother? Made it sound like there was more to the quest

Kamina

Golden Boy
Just found a second Cindercoat.
Does anyone want to have it?
19% Fire damage
24% resource cost reduction

Still needs to be enchanted with sockets.

Nokterian

I'd like to know that too..

I just reached level 70 and yet to finish the game, but I kinda suck at playing. I need to explore the skills of my wizard more. I feel like I haven't even scratched the surface.

I'm not sure if I know how to choose the best items for me too..

Man I really suck at this game! :(

This build i am using on PC at the moment with my Wizard. It's pretty fun.

It's stand still and let everything explode.

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#WhcjfS!ZiVY!baZccc

Still need some core items like Wand of Woh that triggers more explosions from Explosive Blast.

Top Bottom