• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

Teletraan1

Banned
lol @ those professional russian weapons. Blizz needs to make fun of that somehow with a legit Legendary or a Professional Russian Set.

Unfortunately no :/ Hoping Blizz adds it at some point because I'd be curious to see how long I've played too.

Yeah I put 90 hours into my monk on PC. I'm.pretty sure my WD is way better off already and I can't have put that much in already. Its only been out 2 weeks hasn't it?

mindsale

Crusaders seem really, really well suited to hammer everything to death in T6. I follow along with my Witch Doctor in all greens, basically pick off the leftovers and hide from AOE attacks.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I put about 120 paragon levels into my crusader. Loved him, was crushing rifts, etc.

Then I leveled up a WD ... not sure I can go back to my crusader.

Lima

I put about 120 paragon levels into my crusader. Loved him, was crushing rifts, etc.

The melee characters are just incredibly boring in general in this game. Witch Doctor and Wizard are so much cooler.

HORRORSHØW

Are you going pet doc? What are the other torment 6-viable builds? I got a witch doctor at level 68. Might go back to it after I mess around with the monk.

derwalde

The melee characters are just incredibly boring in general in this game. Witch Doctor and Wizard are so much cooler.

my ~800k dps wiz is boring as hell (again, mabye my build sux). i have the feeling every wiz build depends on archon. dat downtime between archon. I MISS CRITICAL MASS :(

my ~800k dps wiz is boring as hell (again, mabye my build sux). i have the feeling every wiz build depends on archon. dat downtime between archon. I MISS CRITICAL MASS :(

I miss it too. A Wizardspike dropped for me yesterday, but it's not worth using for my build now. But I don't run Archon at all now. I run MM, Meteor, Black Hole, Mirror Image, Magic Weapon, and Energy Armor. I find it a lot of fun.

Is there a point in continuing a rift once the guardian is dead? And do they end or do they just keep going?

Fight more elites, and get more drops. I once fought at least a dozen more after killing the Guardian. It ends when you talk to the rift guy and close the portal. If you mean the rift levels itself, sometimes there will be a return to town arch stone rather than the stairs to the next floor; in that case, you're on the last level of the rift.

Yes. Good. Goooood.

Pet doctor ftw! At least until you can get the full Jade set. Then it's face melting T6!

tell me your build pls. my wd is lvl 68 (i have a paragon 85 crusader) and it doesnt click yet.

Pet build is fairly easy and really only requires two armor peices, Mask of Jeram helm and Tasker and Theo gloves. Gargantuan + Zombie Dogs + Fetish Sycophants + Jaunt + Rain of Toads + Piranado

Atkison04

If you want it you can have it. Just offer forward something else of value, for example your current weapon, to a fellow member. :)

It is nice and all but i have superior weapons by now. If Nokterian doesnt want it or doesn't reply within the next two hours you can have it.

Thanks a ton Kamina! I love the diablo gaf community. I love picking up gifts for my fellow gaffers, as I also love when I get some mail because 9 out 10 it is something better than what I have. I would send out more manually but there is literally only one gaffer on my friends list lower than me (do work gaf!!) Loving this game and i'm sure my family is loving me less in the process.

Even if Nokterian wants it, send me a friend request. Always looking for some more possible nemesis and gaffers to gift.

BwYtFp2IQAA92Bk.jpg:large

Worst rift dungeon ever. 30 mins in 1 room with nothing of value.

Atkison04

Haha, I've been sending you any Staff's that I get. Once you hit 70 they should compete I think with what you find, otherwise feel free to salvage.

Thanks again man, I'll definitely keep you in mind if I actually ever pick up anything you may need! Also, diablo and destiny bros gotta stick together!

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Some people, myself included, have put hundreds of hours into a single character on the PC version. With the knowledge and experience I've gained on how to build and theory-craft different builds, I'm just enjoying the PS4 version as a sandbox of sorts, using all available tools to acquire gear so I can build and try out all those Idea's I've had. It's actually really enjoyable to try and get a full set from gambling and just see what pops out of endless caches, taking all of that probable gear and combining things to see how survivable and unique different combinations can be.

It's like taking the game and shrinking it down to a size, that really lets you play with the numbers without having to spend months waiting for that one piece of loot.. that may be a bad roll.. that may not work as you thought it would for your build.

I kind of agree that your first few times though, take your time.. let the game guide you, use what you find and enjoy yourself, but as this is not a competition, there is no ladder, no season, no cheating.. if you feel like opening Pandora's box and duping a few items, or resetting to keep your shards.. well why not. It's really all about enjoying what your doing.

It's the same reason we used to buy gamesharks to unlock unlimited lives, or just mess with the code and see what happens. Enjoy the sandbox.

Edit: Even with resetting shards and caches, it still isn't a guarantee that you will find all the exact gear you are looking for, and more times than not, you'll come across something with a unique property or a weird roll that you will want to go and try and build a build around.. also no matter what.. its always thrilling to kill a mob and get that drop. Psychological wizardry it may be, having loot fly out of a monster or chest and make that *CLANK* Look at me sound with that Beacon of light ... yeah.. time to play another 500 hrs.
I definitely see your point. I also spent hundreds of hours in the vanilla PC version before the loot friendly patches hit and grinded my ass off (and got quite a few items from the auction house) to come up with gear that made Inferno survivable all the way to the end. Not an easy feat whatsoever.. I suppose part of my frustration is that great gear is sooooooooooo much easier to get than it ever was and now people cam finally cheat to get it. But as long as people enjoy their time with the game, I guess that's what matters most. Maybe I'm just a tad jealous. :)

DagsJT

Is it just me or is the wizard rubbish? Up to level 19 now and the attacks have terrible damage, and obviously no resistance to attacks so I'm constantly kiting because the attacks barely scrape a cut on the CPU.

Or it might just be that in adventure mode, all chests just seem to be giving me coins and worse kit than I've already got. I'm not even getting rares, just grey and blue items.

Vire

Mirroball + Magic Missile + Fireskill is godlike. Doing 6 million per hit, shooting 3 missiles out at once. So roughly 18 million damage every second or so.

Combo that with Dynamo + Meteor for 80 million crits and I'm tearing through T6.

If I could only work on the survivability aspect though... at 12 million defense and it still doesn't feel like it's enough.

I have a feeling I'll have a blast with WD. Never played the class yet, but I'll do so after my Crusader hits level 70 on HC. I like having minions, that's why I can't let go of this Genzaiku legendary axe I got for me and my Templar that summons a ghostly fallen champion.

statham

Just beat the campaign @ level 64, game is a blast. Going to step away for a couple of days before I start adventure mode. 10/10

Is it just me or is the wizard rubbish? Up to level 19 now and the attacks have terrible damage, and obviously no resistance to attacks so I'm constantly kiting because the attacks barely scrape a cut on the CPU.

Or it might just be that in adventure mode, all chests just seem to be giving me coins and worse kit than I've already got. I'm not even getting rares, just grey and blue items.
3 rifts today an not a single Legendary, not even scraps. Up to about 6k at Kadala on nothing but 1h wweapons and not a Gyrfalcon's Foote to be had. Going on 1 week and only about +20k DPS to show for it (at 340). Meanwhile a bud is over 950k in the same time now. RNG seriously hates me and is sucking the fun right out for me. I get nothing but Magic and Rares. Another week or two of this and I'm done. I can only craft so much bad gear and enchant so much with what I have. No useful upgrades in a gratuitous amount of time will make me quit playing for sure. Another bud is even worse off than I am with drops. RNG should have break points, IMO. I used to love the excitement but now I dread it. Really killing the game for me if I can't progress because of bad rolls instead of me sucking. Puts me off big time. Treading water as a game design element is zero fun. Starting to feel like mobile game design, I'm waiting for a popup that asks if I want to pay 99c to get shit faster, FML.

Pimpbaa

Really annoying this game doesn't remember your network settings on ps4. I either remember and have to change it to invite only or I get a random person in my friends list trying to join my game.

3 rifts today an not a single Legendary, not even scraps. Up to about 6k at Kadala on nothing but 1h wweapons and not a Gyrfalcon's Foote to be had. Going on 1 week and only about +20k DPS to show for it (at 340). Meanwhile a bud is over 950k in the same time now. RNG seriously hates me and is sucking the fun right out for me. I get nothing but Magic and Rares. Another week or two of this and I'm done. I can only craft so much bad gear and enchant so much with what I have. No useful upgrades in a gratuitous amount of time will make me quit playing for sure. Another bud is even worse off than I am with drops. RNG should have break points, IMO. I used to love the excitement but now I dread it. Really killing the game for me if I can't progress because of bad rolls instead of me sucking. Puts me off big time. Treading water as a game design element is zero fun. Starting to feel like mobile game design, I'm waiting for a popup that asks if I want to pay 99c to get shit faster, FML.

I was having issues with the RNG as well until I realized I could just dashboard when I didn't get anything decent and spend the same bloodshards again until I got something good.

Same thing goes for the caches. I had 3 of them and keep dashboarding until I got the RoRG.

HORRORSHØW

What's the best monk build?
I'm going lightning build, but fire monk maybe better suited for higher torments. I went from crusader to monk so most of my gear is strength based and not really suited for my monk. Still having a blast, though. I feel like I need to be more aware of my cooldowns with the monk than with the crusader.

I was having issues with the RNG as well until I realized I could just dashboard when I didn't get anything decent and spend the same bloodshards again until I got something good.

Same thing goes for the caches. I had 3 of them and keep dashboarding until I got the RoRG.
I'd rather have fun playing, TBH. You can technically roll for 24 hours straight and get nothing but roll over a dead body somewhere and poof, loot.

Maybe just you. Wizard is awesome. Vire and I crit for 80 million with our Meteors. Other people have fun with them, too. :)

Top Bottom