• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

Getting pissed off slowly. The game is really stingy with those legendaries and it takes me very long to get some. Even the last rift guardian didn't drop one. And to make it even worse, when finally so ething drops its horrible. Last 4 legendaries (of which 3 were belts for some reason) were all significantly worse items than I already have...

Tried to up the difficulty to T1 but I'm getting my ass kicked on that difficulty. It's really frustrating. I love the way the adventure mode works (and the main game as well) but the loot drops are really bad. Can't imagine how it must have been with vanilla Diablo 3...

I didn't realize this game had voice chat with randoms, I thought you had to be in a system-level party. Heard someone randomly talk in a game just now and was freaked out lol.

Aiii

So not worth it
Is that Demon set good? I got the plan on my Crusader but I haven't crafted it yet, I wasn't sure if it was worth it.

It is for me, set bonuses are good, esp because it has a fire damage set bonus which I can combine with a Passive Skill that applies a burning effect to foes that increases crit chance by 6%

I definitely see your point. I also spent hundreds of hours in the vanilla PC version before the loot friendly patches hit and grinded my ass off (and got quite a few items from the auction house) to come up with gear that made Inferno survivable all the way to the end. Not an easy feat whatsoever.. I suppose part of my frustration is that great gear is sooooooooooo much easier to get than it ever was and now people cam finally cheat to get it. But as long as people enjoy their time with the game, I guess that's what matters most. Maybe I'm just a tad jealous. :)
I assume that deep down this is always the case when people complain about it, but your honesty is appreciated for sure.

hydruxo

Thanks. Just wasted all my blood shards and got nothing worthy lol

As for the Ring. What am I missing? The stats are not so great!

It reduces the amount of pieces of armor in a set you need to get one of the set bonuses. Pretty useful once you start trying to get numerous set pieces.

Nokterian

So my fellow console brothers and sisters. What is your favorite class at the moment?

I am currently playing Crusader and it's fun on console for sure also going to level up my WD because i need to. Also playing a lot of my monk on pc.

Vire

Getting pissed off slowly. The game is really stingy with those legendaries and it takes me very long to get some. Even the last rift guardian didn't drop one. And to make it even worse, when finally so ething drops its horrible. Last 4 legendaries (of which 3 were belts for some reason) were all significantly worse items than I already have...

Tried to up the difficulty to T1 but I'm getting my ass kicked on that difficulty. It's really frustrating. I love the way the adventure mode works (and the main game as well) but the loot drops are really bad. Can't imagine how it must have been with vanilla Diablo 3...

It's kind of a catch 22. The higher torments drop more legendaries at a higher rate, but you need good legendaries to be in there. :p

Try switching your build, it could be the difference between doing Master and Torment 2.

Getting sheet DPS up is all about crafted sets and enchanting yellows for a while. You should be able to get 800k+ DPS just doing that with a high level emerald in the weapon. At your DPS you should be going through your yellows to find ones you can make into something solid. Also you may be going for to much defense and life over DPS. Don't just look at legendary items for upgrades at this point.
That's all I've been doing. As I said, I can only craft and enchant so much without getting new patterns. Keep trying to get better crafted results but they don't roll for me. I'm also not speccing/chanting for sheet DPS since its basically a worthless stat with the way its calculated. I'm literally filling my bags with junk rift after rift. I have a crap ton of gems since my gear is slotted with the best I can make (19). Nothing much more I can do at the moment. Trying to work on my Akkhan set but I only have 2 pieces and both were from gifts. I literally get the same items over and over with worse stats. I even managed to get the same exact set ring 4x in a row but I'm using RoRG and SoJ. Literally, the same junk over and over. My only luck so far has been SoJ and Jekangbord. SoJ was a drop and Jekangbord was from Kadala. Literally I've maxed my current gear to the best I can with crafting and enchants but I get the same junk constantly. Just a bad week for drops, it seems. Another week or two of this and I'm done. I see no reason to continue, personally. There's no reason why some people can get fully geared with BiS in 100 paragons but some on PC have 3 or 400 and have half that, if that. Its no fun losing to RNG instead of skill over and over and over. There needs to be some breakpoints set in for upgrades or its just rolling dice to lose constantly. Spent a lot of time poring over things I get to min/max what I have all week with little effect. Just really bad luck for me and my one friend in the same position while our other friend is on cruise control with upgrades.

I give up. Can someone tell me how to beat Belial in Master upward? Like, I have no problems with him whatsoever until he start spawning those poison holes all over the place and doesn't stop any more. What do I do?

Azmodan
dropped the Jekangbord for me! Time for a Blessed Shield build.

DiabloIIIScreenshot2014-08-3102-18-02.png~original

Vire

I give up. Can someone tell me how to beat Belial in Master upward? Like, I have no problems with him whatsoever until he start spawning those poison holes all over the place and doesn't stop any more. What do I do?

Well.. I mean your class type and type of gear you have would help.

Nokterian

What class are you playing? Also what abilties are you using? What i do before the fight for belial at least when leveling my new character i use a lot of healing ablities and stay to the right for the most time because you get some damage over there but not mutch.

X-Frame

What are some of the best 1-Handed Weapons for a Crusader?

It's hard for me to give up the quicker attack speed and Fervor passive in favor of a slower 2-Hander, and I've only come across the "Wildwood" Poison Sword over the past few days. No 2-Handed Weapon dropped has made me want to switch yet.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
so malthael is supose to drop these Plan: Reaper's Wrap on first time killing him, he didnt for me ): simlar bug to when the pc version came out ?

What class are you playing? Also what abilties are you using? What i do before the fight for belial at least when leveling my new character i use a lot of healing ablities and stay to the right for the most time because you get some damage over there but not mutch.
I play with a Barbarian. The problem is I can't even evade those poison holes because the entire ground is suddlenly covered with them. WTF? I shtis normal? When I played the game regularly he did spawn those poison holes but it were nowhere near as many.

So, thanks to a godwand and a pair of marquis rubies for our hats courtesy of spatenfloot, the GF and I are rapidly approaching 70. Since she's already leapquaking, I'm assuming she'll want to continue doing so and that I should be able to google adequate guides.

I'm less sure how to gear my wizard. I'm really digging my arcane build, thanks in no small part to Temporal Flux, which seems like the best CC ability going, especially when I drop an Arcane Hydra as I walk in to battle. Even with the meager buffs I have now, a 422% Damage 10-yard AoE with 80% slow attached is no joke. Especially since I can put them behind closed doors and around corners, they last for 15 seconds (at a cost of only 15AP!), and they continue firing even if I'm stunlocked.

My primary attack is Disintegrate: Intensify, since even with just my Arcane boost, it kicks all ass, and it's easy to hose down crowds with it, both slowing them and softening them up for all of my other arcane effects.

I currently have Black Hole slotted as my nuke, and I'll likely add Event Horizon or Spellsteal once I unlock them, but I'm not married to it. It's cheap and it has a reasonable cooldown, and the runes sound kinda neat. /shrug

My oh-shit skill is Archon: Teleport, and I've got Magic Weapon: Deflection slotted for my active buff, but I may switch back to Force Weapon, since nothing generally gets close enough to attack me with the barbie around.

If a battle lasts long enough for me to run out of AP, I just hold X to Shock Pulse: Power Affinity — backed by Prodigy — until I have what I need.

I have a Moonlight Ward, and I really, really like it. I'd love to have an L70 version — mine's L58 — but I'm not even sure where I got this one. Prolly in the mail. What other gear should I be looking for to make me even more arcane once I hit 70?

Is it just me or is the wizard rubbish? Up to level 19 now and the attacks have terrible damage, and obviously no resistance to attacks so I'm constantly kiting because the attacks barely scrape a cut on the CPU.

Or it might just be that in adventure mode, all chests just seem to be giving me coins and worse kit than I've already got. I'm not even getting rares, just grey and blue items.

Wizards are awesome. I switched from my lvl 70 (24) DH and I'll probably never go back. Just got full set of Tal Rasha and its constant meteor shower every 5-6 seconds. With almost 50% CHC and 25-30% fire damage, my fire wizard can crush T4 solo even with less than 1M DPS.

SeanR1221

What is the maximum level gap before you can't join someone?

Like my brother just started and is only level 12. I couldn't hop in his game just to show him my guy.

Aiii

So not worth it
Absolutely loving Wizard myself (got my Barb to 70 first from my import save, then levelled a Crusader to 70 and then put my Wizard from 60-70 on Friday and have been playing him ever since), my current build has 581k damage buffed and I'm pretty much raging through enemies with this build:

-Electrocute - Arc Lightning
-Meteor - Meteor Shower
-Black Hole - Suppermassive
-Familiar - Spark Flint
-Magic Weapon - Froce Weapon

Passives: Conflagration,Glass Cannon, Unwavering Will and Audacity.

Since I use Electrocute I stand still a lot giving me the Unwavering Will bonus nearly constantly, it also regens my Arcane Power so much I can spam Meteor Shower constantly, along with the Black Hole when the CD is up, it's proving to be quite lethal.

Gowans

Just beat the campaign with my level 59 Witch Doctor.

The last boss is one cheap SOB.

Got to level 60 and tried adventure on the highest tournament haha.. Dead!

Nokterian

I play with a Barbarian. The problem is I can't even evade those poison holes because the entire ground is suddlenly covered with them. WTF? I shtis normal? When I played the game regularly he did spawn those poison holes but it were nowhere near as many.

That's why you need your healing abilities in that fight. Like i said i stay all the way to the right during the last phase i do get some damage but not all of it. When i see a healthglobe i run to it and get back to damage him.

Try to use this build if your near level 60. It's based on damage and healing. I did this before in vanilla diablo 3 with a similar build and killed him this way.

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#WciVkR!dha!cZbabb

score01

Just had a heart stopping moment. Hit lvl46 with my barb and managed to craft an awesome sword - 'Aweful Ruin'. This bad boy hits for 252.7, is single handed and does lightning damage. That's way better than even any 2 handed legendary swords I'm getting at the moment. Took it out into then field to test it out and my PS3 froze.

Powered off and powered on again and loaded my save file and my barb is holding his old sword. Luckily I found the new sword was still in my inventory!

Jabba

Banned
When rolling new class, should I play story or adveture mode? My guess i s Adventure mode.

@SDCowboy

Heh, I just did the opposite. Been a DH till paragon 61 and just rolled a Crusader. How was Crusader for you?

Fuck double post. Will a Mod please delete post #10941 Don't see the option to delete on PS4

SDCowboy

@SDCowboy

Heh, I just did the opposite. Been a DH till paragon 61 and just rolled a Crusader. How was Crusader for you?

The crusader for me was fun. Ran him until paragon level 98 (I think), but actually doing amazing DPS is an extremely fun change of pace along with the DH playing significantly faster.

anddo0

Question about Horaderic cache.

Are they worth holding onto until you level up, or are they tied to the level at which you received them?

Matriox

Are they worth holding onto until you level up, or are they tied to the level at which you received them?

Tied to the level you received them. However, if you got them on a level 60 demon hunter then opened one with a 40 witch doctor, you would get level 60 witch doctor gear (if that makes sense).

EDIT: For clarity, from the Diablo Wiki:

While the difficulty level of the cache is set when farmed, the actual items in the cache are set when it is opened, and the smart loot will target the class of the character who opens it. Thus players can farm caches with their fastest character, then open them with another character who will find the loot in the cache themed to them; class-restricted items and especially the mainstat and other item affixes

EDIT EDIT: This explanation wasn't super helpful because it doesnt specify level of the character rather level of difficult received, but from a Q&A that Blizzard had about the subject:

Q: Does the gear roll when the bag is found, or opened?
A: The level of the gear and the act the bag was earned in is set when Tyrael hands it over, but the actual items roll their stats when the bag is opened. This is why it used to be possible to get Imperial gems from Normal difficulty bags if you opened them in T6. The items in the bag will be at the level of the char who found them. For instance, opening bags found by a lvl 70 DH with your level 60 WD will get you WD-themed items (INT on the mainstat, lots of WD helms and knives, etc) but all the items will be level 70, and all the gems will be Marquise. This means you can cross-class farm a bit with bounty bags; the opening class will get more appropriate items for their class and the mainstat will usually roll correctly.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain

Pretty sure they scale to the level of the character opening them.

EDIT. Well it appears I am wrong. My mistake.

Finally got a Sun Keeper and boom, no socket. I tried to roll one into it and 5 mil gold later still no luck. Game really hates me lately, not a single Stone of Jordan but hey, at least I have 10 Tall Man's Fingers lol

SDCowboy

So is it just me, or are bows extremely hard to come by on this? I hate the look of crossbows on my DH and want to stick with regular bows, but it's like crossbow-city.

subwilde

Anybody on Gaf want to play on PS4? PSN- aewilde

I'm kind of a noob to Diablo but I just got my crusader up to lvl 69. Did the whole campaign on expert and act v on master tho as it didn't seem too difficult. Did my first rift on master and died once. Is this normal?

anybody playing local co-op having issues with loot?

My wife and I are playing local co-op through the story, currently in Act III. I am listed as the "main" player with the little crown and she is in my game. We are finding that more often than not, when a treasure goblin spawns and we kill it, I am receiving 100% of the loot. We are also finding the same thing with many chests. I will either receive 100% of the loot or the vast majority. It's much more uncommon for the loot to be spread evenly. Legendary drops so far have been pretty even, and she has actually received more mailed gifts than I have. But in game loot.... at least the last couple of days it seems to be heavily weighted in my favor.

Anybody else having this issue?

RoKKeR

Got to level 20, had my first legendary drop at 17 which was pretty exciting. Crusader is pretty enjoyable, though I miss my WD at times.

Expert in the early levels is actually a bit of a challenge, but I suppose that keeps things interesting. Blue/Golden packs can be pretty tough.

Top Bottom