• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

TvaeLra.jpg
Up for grabs if anyone wants this. Never heard of it.

Is it just me or is the wizard rubbish? Up to level 19 now and the attacks have terrible damage, and obviously no resistance to attacks so I'm constantly kiting because the attacks barely scrape a cut on the CPU.

Or it might just be that in adventure mode, all chests just seem to be giving me coins and worse kit than I've already got. I'm not even getting rares, just grey and blue items.
Maybe you should just try a different set of skills. I never had much trouble with my wizard. Are you on campaign or adventure mode?

DagsJT

Maybe you should just try a different set of skills. I never had much trouble with my wizard. Are you on campaign or adventure mode?

Adventure mode. It seems like the CPU just needs to breathe on me for me to need a potion whereas I'm firing off missiles or electric and they brush it off like its nothing.

As I say, adventure mode isn't dropping anything for me either. By this level in the campaign, my monk was kitted out in mostly rares with some legendarys. Now it seems rares are actually rare and drops are just terrible blue items or just coins.

hydruxo

I'm on level 70 (61 paragon) with my crusader and I want to try a new char now. Should I do a WD or Barb? I feel like WD would be more fun.

I'm on level 70 (61 paragon) with my crusader and I want to try a new char now. Should I do a WD or Barb? I feel like WD would be more fun.
I highly recommend WD. So far I've played Crusader, Demon Hunter and Witch Doctor and WD is by far my favorite. They're a lot of fun.

Adventure mode. It seems like the CPU just needs to breathe on me for me to need a potion whereas I'm firing off missiles or electric and they brush it off like its nothing.

As I say, adventure mode isn't dropping anything for me either. By this level in the campaign, my monk was kitted out in mostly rares with some legendarys. Now it seems rares are actually rare and drops are just terrible blue items or just coins.
I get legendary items most when I join other people's games. I visited one friend's campaign and got 3 in less than an hour. Just luck, eventually yours will turn.
Try using hydras and cold spells a while.

Hey guys..

I played the adventure mode and completed first and second act.

Then I joined few friends online, and now I wana come back to the adventure mode and it shows that I haven't completed any of them! .. Bug? I'm stupid?

hydruxo

Hey guys..

Then I joined few friends online, and now I wana come back to the adventure mode and it shows that I haven't completed any of them! .. Bug? I'm stupid?

You have to complete all the bounties in one sitting otherwise they'll reset

Hey guys..

Assuming you mean bounties, they reset when you leave a game. You can't 'complete' adventure mode, it's just farming random events with a bonus for doing 5 consecutive in the same act.

Vorheez

Guys I have a confession to make. I found a RORG earlier in the game and salvaged it because I didn't understand how important it would be later on. Please forgive me.

Jolkien

Guys I have a confession to make. I found a RORG earlier in the game and salvaged it because I didn't understand how important it would be later on. Please forgive me.

Your a monster :p. I can't believe I'm up to 4 piece of my Akkhan set and no RoRG in sight. -_-

Got my first cache and tried to reset it, did like like six times then silly me did save an exit instead....

At least go a Ty's chest set piece and a legendary wand which is good i guess

Yep I meant the bounties. Do I get a bonus if I complete 1-5 in one setting or it doesnt make a difference?

You don't have to do all 5 acts in one sitting. You do the 5 bonus ! bounties within one act (they're marked on the bottom of the map for that act) then talk to Tyrael like it says for the bonus xp and cache.

No reward for doing all 5 acts worth at once. It's actually more efficient to just keep doing act 1 repeatedly. It's the only way to get the RRoG ring also (act 1 cache).

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
isnt malthael suppose to drop a special item (guranted first kill ) ? because he didnt for me ):

You don't have to do all 5 acts in one sitting. You do the 5 bonus ! bounties within one act (they're marked on the bottom of the map for that act) then talk to Tyrael like it says for the bonus xp and cache.

No reward for doing all 5 acts worth at once. It's actually more efficient to just keep doing act 1 repeatedly. It's the only way to get the RRoG ring also (act 1 cache).

I see.

RRoG? :p

and I just ramped the level up to Tormet and I started earning something next to the gold coins. what's that?

Is it just me or is the wizard rubbish? Up to level 19 now and the attacks have terrible damage, and obviously no resistance to attacks so I'm constantly kiting because the attacks barely scrape a cut on the CPU.

Or it might just be that in adventure mode, all chests just seem to be giving me coins and worse kit than I've already got. I'm not even getting rares, just grey and blue items.
Yeah, only level 16 with mine, but I have a Monk and Crusader around the same level and they both do much better damage and have much more survivability.

Danis

Neo Member
I'm really hoping someone with some time and understanding can answer this for me. My wife and I have been playing (new to Diablo) and we are just now into Heaven. We are both about level 63. We are really enjoying it, but we can see we are near the end of the game. What happens when we finish act 5? What's the incentive to keep playing? Is it just new game+ and harder enemies?

We are unsure if there is anything to be excited for as we approach the end.

I'm really hoping someone with some time and understanding can answer this for me. My wife and I have been playing (new to Diablo) and we are just now into Heaven. We are both about level 63. We are really enjoying it, but we can see we are near the end of the game. What happens when we finish act 5? What's the incentive to keep playing? Is it just new game+ and harder enemies?

We are unsure if there is anything to be excited for as we approach the end.
You just keep playing in adventure mode. It's amazing.

lem0n

This game is awesome. Finally found it last night, will hold me over until Destiny. Anyone here likes cars, I'm always down to chit chat while we slay some bitches!!

XB1: VirtualxRacer

Pimpbaa

Yeah, only level 16 with mine, but I have a Monk and Crusader around the same level and they both do much better damage and have much more survivability.

Don't judge a class when you only have it at level 16. Wizards start out a bit rough, but they do much better later on.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
have the higher level character start the game and the lower level join. It scales so you will power up temporarily and can hang at his level. It's called apprentice mode or something similar.

Thanks -- this worked and we played for a little while. For some reason I couldn't play on Master only Expert but still better than nothing.

quest

Not Banned from OT
3 rifts today an not a single Legendary, not even scraps. Up to about 6k at Kadala on nothing but 1h wweapons and not a Gyrfalcon's Foote to be had. Going on 1 week and only about +20k DPS to show for it (at 340). Meanwhile a bud is over 950k in the same time now. RNG seriously hates me and is sucking the fun right out for me. I get nothing but Magic and Rares. Another week or two of this and I'm done. I can only craft so much bad gear and enchant so much with what I have. No useful upgrades in a gratuitous amount of time will make me quit playing for sure. Another bud is even worse off than I am with drops. RNG should have break points, IMO. I used to love the excitement but now I dread it. Really killing the game for me if I can't progress because of bad rolls instead of me sucking. Puts me off big time. Treading water as a game design element is zero fun. Starting to feel like mobile game design, I'm waiting for a popup that asks if I want to pay 99c to get shit faster, FML.

Getting sheet DPS up is all about crafted sets and enchanting yellows for a while. You should be able to get 800k+ DPS just doing that with a high level emerald in the weapon. At your DPS you should be going through your yellows to find ones you can make into something solid. Also you may be going for to much defense and life over DPS. Don't just look at legendary items for upgrades at this point.

quest

Not Banned from OT
All these legendaries I'm getting that aren't as good as the ones I have. Should I just up the difficulty? I'm on t1 right now

It won't help them roll any better it will just up the odds to get one. The way I do difficulty is if I can't kill trash in couple of seconds and most elites in 15 seconds it is to high. More kills = better chance at getting items.

Lima

Where do you see how much you spent playing the game ?
I don't see any timer.

You don't unless you are playing on PC (can see it in the menu) or on Xbox One (the system keeps track of time played although that is buggy for some)

Definitely go with the WD. The barb is too similar to the crusader.

Aiii

So not worth it
After getting my Barb to 70 and levelling a Crusader to 70, I have decided to spend time on my Wizard, went from 60 to 70 in a day or so and been gearing up all weekend, going quite well so far, currently running through Torment III.

Weapon drops need to get better though, that is holding me back alot.

X-Frame

After getting my Barb to 70 and levelling a Crusader to 70, I have decided to spend time on my Wizard, went from 60 to 70 in a day or so and been gearing up all weekend, going quite well so far, currently running through Torment III.

Weapon drops need to get better though, that is holding me back alot.

Is that Demon set good? I got the plan on my Crusader but I haven't crafted it yet, I wasn't sure if it was worth it.

Top Bottom