• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

Rizzi

I'm not even getting them as loot drops, I must've thrown away like 15 or so legendaries because they're either lower stats (including Thunderfury) or 2-handed. I'll send them out to whoever needs them, most of them are one handed legendaries with 2000+ dmg.
I would like a thunderfury if you have one spare.

Orca

It's Whimsy Shire. On PC nearly 2 years ago it was a secret level and you had to do a lot of stuff to get there. They made it because of the critique they got on how the game looked. A pretty cool easter egg now in a Rift.

The weirder thing is getting the Whimsyshire enemies in a regular level during a rift.

Autofokus

Question, that I hope someone can answer. If I have the option between a socket, or 90% crit hit damage, which gives the best dps increase, considering the highest tier red gem to put in the socket?

Amulet I assume? You want Crit Damage and Chance on that think, trust me. :)

BigDug13

I hit 70 with my Witch Doctor a couple of days ago, here's a Zoo Doctor build that I use. It works pretty well, though I may tweak it here and there.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#WRYTPU!adhV!bZaZZa

23ZQX1y.png

You get 3 Dogs, a Gargantuan, and a Fetish army, with a bonus Fetish every now and then thanks to the Fetish Sychophants passive. My two attacks are poison based, but you can also go fire based: Replace Plague of Toads (Rain of Toads) with Firebomb (Flash Fire or Fire Pit). Change the Poison rune to the Fire one for Zombie Dogs, and you can replace Acid Cloud with Zombie Charger (Explosive Beast). Or use Piranhado (Bogadile) for massive damage.

Spirit Walk is super useful, it's basically a Get Out of Jail Free card when you need to GTFO of a battle. It's also a good idea to Spirit Walk through a pack of enemies so all your Pets will follow you and engage them (since sometimes their A.I. doesnt work perfectly).

You can have your 3 dogs for free if you wanted. Replace the dogs with another skill. If you want to stick with pet animal master, use spider queen or something. Whatever you want.

Next

Switch out jungle fortitude with circle of life and walk around killing stuff until you have 3 dogs. Now switch circle of life back to jungle fortitude. Voila. Free runeless dogs.

(No longer works on PC version as they have finally patched that exploit that has existed since day one. edit - Post-patch PC version of this exploit. Use the Grasp of the Dead rune that spawns a zombie dog 10% of the time then change out of it once you have your dogs.)

Monk Pillar of Ancients is fun as hell.

Drop a few of these suckers around an elite and it dies.

Need more spirit regen or lower resource cost.

75 Spirit ouch.

X-Frame

A few criticals from my lightning Crusader were over 23,000,000 -- that is nuts. I have roughly only 200% critical damage bonus, and around 450,000 dos w/ 80% lightning damage bonus.

Am I missing something that would generate criticals so high that they'd reach over 20,000,000?

Grimløck;128365004 said:
holy monk? use the 3rd rune.

Lightning.

Just trying something different other than spamming LTK.

Only +holy item I found so far is skycutter. Trying to farm some more and I got the most +lightning items.

You can have your 3 dogs for free if you wanted. Replace the dogs with another skill. If you want to stick with pet animal master, use spider queen or something. Whatever you want.

Next

Switch out jungle fortitude with circle of life and walk around killing stuff until you have 3 dogs. Now switch circle of life back to jungle fortitude. Voila. Free runeless dogs.

(No longer works on PC version as they have finally patched that exploit that has existed since day one. edit - Post-patch PC version of this exploit. Use the Grasp of the Dead rune that spawns a zombie dog 10% of the time then change out of it once you have your dogs.)

I'm on PS4, though. Would that still work?

Mask

Man, I'm having real trouble finding a decent set of one-handers for my Monk..

Did get a 3000dmg staff earlier today from a message gift though. Can't remember the name, but it was autumn-themed and had a leaf
aura effect on the end of it. That replaced my 2800 Zweihander, but I'd still prefer swapping back to 2 one-handers.

Actually seems like I find most of my decent stuff from the gifts now. Not much luck with the Horadric Caches or the Rifts.

I'm googling like crazy and I can't seem to figure out how to send a gift dropped for another player. It's automatic I guess?

...good thing companies did away with manuals :/

hydruxo

I'm googling like crazy and I can't seem to figure out how to send a gift dropped for another player. It's automatic I guess?

...good thing companies did away with manuals :/

Just go to your inventory, then go to where the little gold pouch is next to the boots, then choose 'Treasure' (the one at the top) and the gift should be there. You can send it there.

Atkison04

No problem. I'm glad you found it useful. :)

I thought of another good example of the synergy it provides with regard to AP management. Channeling attacks basically take your regular attack, and divide it up in to chunks 1/60th of a second long. So at Attack Speed 1.0, a normal attack would take a full second to perform, do the listed damage, and consume the listed AP. With channeling, you aren't obligated to perform the full attack. If you hold the button for 0.5s, you'll only do 50% of the listed damage, but you also only consume half of the listed AP. A 0.3s burst only uses 30% AP.

So, AP management. Let's assume I got caught with my pants down, and I've got a fresh crowd rushing me with a measly 3 AP in my pool. That's completely useless, right? Can't cast shit with that, can you? Well, I can cast 1/6th of a Disintegrate "attack" with it. It only lasts 167ms and does a trivial 85% of my base weapon damage, but it's more than enough to proc the TF and Intensify effects.

That gives me plenty of time to backstep away from them, and once I've leapt to safety, I can lay in to them with my Shock Pulse, continuing to pin them in place while feeding on their insolence to recover my full strength.

Muahahaha! (∩`-´ )⊃━ ☆゚.*・。゚

Thanks again man! I was able to get a good hour and fifteen minutes of play time in after laying the kiddos down for bed. I shuffled some things around based on some of your input and I think my play stepped up a good notch. All this stuff still feels daunting though. Another dumb question: when you select your spells, does the different color runes translate to signify which element the power represents? Like if you choose hydra, and select the red rune, does that fire elemental damage? Is it like that across the board? If so, what color does arcane represent (purple?). Me and my endless questions..

On a side note, I ran 5 bounties tonight and picked up gear that advanced my dps a good 30k, which was awesome for me :)

Started looking for a RRoG. Spent about 30 mins opening 6 boxes and repeating if one didn't drop. Got one. No crit stats. Kept my boxes for more rolling. What's an ideal roll for that thing?

JerryEveryday

Neo Member
Got my trifecta RoRG yesterday. Took about 6 enchants but I got my 6 CC.

Opened some more bags today and another RoRG ring popped out and rolled

473 Str
6 IAS
47 CHD
1771 LOH

Troll ass game.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Question for veteran Demon Hunters -- does the Ambush passive affect only up to the first % 25 of a full health enemy, or as long as they're above % 75 do you do % 40 extra damage, even if would kill them on the first hit?

Hope that question makes sense. Just seems ridiculously overpowered unless there's some kind of buff.

Torment I on Hardcore with my Crusader and I'm getting crap drops from rifts :/

If I bump it up to II I'm probably dead, I still need a better 2H weapon and shield for my Thunder God build I'm working on.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Got my trifecta RoRG yesterday. Took about 6 enchants but I got my 6 CC.

Opened some more bags today and another RoRG ring popped out and rolled

473 Str
6 IAS
47 CHD
1771 LOH

Troll ass game.

I've opened probably 40 Act 1 Torment Bags. Zero Legendaries :p

Chucker

About to do some split normal farming for my RORG on the One. Anybody interested? We can commiserate together as we slam our heads into a wall.

Vyse

Gold Member
Got my Monk and Crusader to 70. Working on my Hardcore Witch Doctor. Hit me up on Xbox One. GT: Vyse

So just to understand I run act 1 bounties until I get 10 horde caches then open them and if the rorg doesn't pop the close app then try again? Do I unload them in the highest difficulty or it doesn't matter?

New002

How.do use haunt? I can't get it yo feel good.what draws you to it

I'll be honest with you...if I were playing the PC version chances are I'd be rocking spirit walk, which is what I did when I played PC. My issue is that I couldn't get a good rhythm with it on the controller. I just couldn't find a good spot for it on the controller where it worked nicely with the rest of my skills and so I stuck with Haunt.

I have looked at replacing Haunt with some other stuff but I keep coming back to it. The healing effect is fantastic and shouldn't be overlooked, especially when you have multiple haunts in play. It's a nice set it and forget it skill, and thanks to my attack speed I can get them out pretty quick. If I hit a nasty pack I send out a few haunts to help keep my life topped off (hello arcane).

It's nice in that it follows enemies, so annoying things that disappear or burrow can't escape it. It jumps to another enemy when the initial target dies, which is nice. It has good range, which is great for me since on nasty packs I'm usually tossing leaping spiders from way back. Haunt also let's me retreat while still actively dealing damage and healing. I also find that it serves a purpose both when dealing with mobs (mainly champs and elites) AND during 1 v 1 boss encounters.

Between my life on hit, life regen (boosted by templar), and life leech from dogs and Haunt, I feel more comfortable in Hardcore.

Probably wrote more than you were looking for @_@

JerryEveryday

Neo Member
Yea, I'm not about the whole dashboarding to the home so the game doesn't save thing. This game is all about the grind and that feeling of satisfaction when that item you've been farming for drops. (pray it has a main stat)

Anyhow, it's your game and you play it the way you want.

Haines

Banned
I'll be honest with you...if I were playing the PC version chances are I'd be rocking spirit walk, which is what I did when I played PC. My issue is that I couldn't get a good rhythm with it on the controller. I just couldn't find a good spot for it on the controller where it worked nicely with the rest of my skills and so I stuck with Haunt.

I have looked at replacing Haunt with some other stuff but I keep coming back to it. The healing effect is fantastic and shouldn't be overlooked, especially when you have multiple haunts in play. It's a nice set it and forget it skill, and thanks to my attack speed I can get them out pretty quick. If I hit a nasty pack I send out a few haunts to help keep my life topped off (hello arcane).

It's nice in that it follows enemies, so annoying things that disappear or burrow can't escape it. It jumps to another enemy when the initial target dies, which is nice. It has good range, which is great for me since on nasty packs I'm usually tossing leaping spiders from way back. Haunt also let's me retreat while still actively dealing damage and healing. I also find that it serves a purpose both when dealing with mobs (mainly champs and elites) AND during 1 v 1 boss encounters.

Between my life on hit, life regen (boosted by templar), and life leech from dogs and Haunt, I feel more comfortable in Hardcore.

Probably wrote more than you were looking for @_@

Nah that's all super interesting to me. I'm pretty new to diablo and certainly the WD so I'm trying to consume info as much as I can and I'm having a hell of a time finding much surprisingly.

I'll def test haunt out in my playtime tmrw. I be seen some builds that use it. I def haven't wrapped my head completely around HP regen yet but the life on hit plus dogs leeching seems to be a popular thing

Haines

Banned
Yea, I'm not about the whole dashboarding to the home so the game doesn't save thing. This game is all about the grind and that feeling of satisfaction when that item you've been farming for drops. (pray it has a main stat)

Anyhow, it's your game and you play it the way you want.

Might as well just play an action game that doesn't have gear/loot at that point the way I see it

Just did a rift that was HUGE! The guardian spawned at the beginning of level 2, but we killed him and kept going. The first 2 levels were average sized, but the third floor was so big that the edges don't fit on the screen when zoomed all the way out. It took forever to visit every part of it. Got some green plans, a green ring, and a few legendaries out of it. Nothing amazing though. I thought it was fun.

Thanks again man! I was able to get a good hour and fifteen minutes of play time in after laying the kiddos down for bed. I shuffled some things around based on some of your input and I think my play stepped up a good notch. All this stuff still feels daunting though. Another dumb question: when you select your spells, does the different color runes translate to signify which element the power represents? Like if you choose hydra, and select the red rune, does that fire elemental damage? Is it like that across the board? If so, what color does arcane represent (purple?). Me and my endless questions..
The special effects are color coded, but the runes don't seem to be. For example, the Intensify rune is red, but the description says it deals Arcane damage. I have no idea how the colors for the runes are chosen. lol

And yes, Arcane effects are purple. That's how you know it's the best element.

On a side note, I ran 5 bounties tonight and picked up gear that advanced my dps a good 30k, which was awesome for me :)
That's a pretty good run. Now that I've finally hit 70 and am happy with my build, I can finally start focusing on collecting gear to properly accentuate it.

P.S. If you've got a spouse to go with those kids, you really need to persuade them to start playing with you.

Top Bottom