• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

Trigonx

Once you beat the story on HC mode, its downhill from there. Getting the last bit done very quickly with adventure mode, and the huge increase in stats with lvl 61 items. Should have platinum by tomorrow, must watch the Packer game tonight.

Raptor

Thank god I ain't banned anymore :D

So this game is pura crack, dat gore baby!! oh my, I have a Crusader and a Barbarian both females at levels 22 and 23 I think, but tonight I will make a Demon Hunter baby!! Female too!!

I want to play Diablo 3 Dead nation style baby!!!

Did I said I love teh god damn gore of this game?

I read that you can send wings via mail, send on my way pleaseeeeeeeeeeee!!!!

I want dem wings!!

hydruxo

Sure. I'll send the red wings tomorrow morning. My psn id is RS_Daimon

On PS3 and Xbox 360, the wings in the vanilla Diablo 3 were account bound. On PS4 (and I assume on Xbox One as well) they are not account bound.

I'm not really familiar with how the wings work but if you still have some I'd love to use them. They look awesome. My PSN is hydruxxo.

whelp.. I'm done
I spent a lot of time trying to get specific legendaries and realized i had been passing up good yellow drops for them, i can get through torment 2 now but I realized i don't care to get to T6, what am i going to SEE that's any different than what i've seen at least a thousand times, without legendaries i'm doing pretty well..

Hopefully by the next Diablo they don't just focus on the loot carrot on the stick, maybe enemies or boss battles battles and even events and side storylines that don't show up until each successive torment. heck, maybe a TRUE diablo boss at Torment 6.

now that I'm free of the loot addiction, its ultimately pretty pointless. Great game while it lasted, but the hamster wheel that is the endgame is ultimately a waste of time, especially when you find something that works for you without the need of legendaries.

Raptor

If one weapon has pure green arrows up but another has a bonus that would maybe deal more damage even if there is no green arrows up that one is better to equip right?

Or Im way wrong on this :/

Raptor

OMG when that first horns started to sound and the controller to vibrate I seriously thought this was the best game ever, then that demon appeared fuck throw everything at it!!

Amazing, I was in coop that time.

After I started to play on Expert with my Crusader then the damn HORNS!!!! I was alone!!

Killed that fucker and I felt like a true champion!!!

Yes this is probably Top 3 and Im on ACT 2 god damn!

Wait... wings?

This.

I'm not really familiar with how the wings work but if you still have some I'd love to use them. They look awesome. My PSN is hydruxxo.

I have to see how many I have.

im thinking about selling this game, it has ruined my social life

Well, if your social life is already ruined, then you don't need to sell the game anymore.

If one weapon has pure green arrows up but another has a bonus that would maybe deal more damage even if there is no green arrows up that one is better to equip right?

Or Im way wrong on this :/

It dependes on the bonus. Can you say the weapon stats?

Fate of the Fell is RNG or do I try exchanging shards?

Kadala can give you a Fate of the Fell.

TehPabz

Sure. I'll send the red wings tomorrow morning. My psn id is RS_Daimon

In the vanilla Diablo 3 were account bound. On PS4 (and I assume on Xbox One as well) they are not account bound.
I have a few but they are account bound :( I got them on ps3 and trasnfer the account over to ps4. I didn't know the ps4 versions aren't account bound. Also this gibbering gemstone is impossible to get lol.

Audioboxer

Just had a cindercoat drop at level 46 for me.

2 sockets
%13 fire damage
145 str
159 bit

Resource cost of fire skills reduced by 24%.

Given my level what are my options for a decent fire based build? Thanks

Raptor

Also mo option to change language is just really bad man.

Why Blizzard, why?

Im having lots of trouble translating names and stuff.

Currently have Angelic Wings (Blue), Blade Wings (Bone), Crimson Angelic Wings (Red) & Wings of Valor (Gold).

I also have something called Warsong Pennant, which is like a flag or banner that is on my back. All purely cosmetic of course.

ZangBa

:O Perfectly rolled CC and CD amulet with Strength and an elemental skill I can re-roll to whatever I want? Yes please!

If there are any wings left, I would love one :D

PS4: Existanz

Been jumping around playing all the toons. Have a lvl 32 Wizard, 26 Demon Hunter, 24 Monk, 22 Witch Doctor, and an 18 Crusader.

The Wizard is insanely fun. So much dps with Whirlwind and Arcane Bolts, and Arcane Form beam attack is WTF op :D

What should I max out with my Paragon points for a Witch Doctor?

I don't know any of the tricks to farm legendaries and I don't know what equipment I should aim for. I'm just going to play the game and what I get is what I get.

CRA5H

Public rift games are the most annoying thing about playing on console. There seems to be no sense of standard when it comes to who opens. And people just love to close and quit even though there's half the map left and possibly more levels.

On another note, I put 4k shards into Kadala and the only leg I've ever received were Akkhan pants. I'm begging for even some trash legs...

Kak.efes

OnXxSgo3.png

This dropped for me earlier tonight. Things got a lot simpler on T1.

Haines

Banned
Eh wifey was enjoying the game when it held her hand but now she's not really into learning how to push her character or touch anything outside of combat really..

Looks like I may be going solo bummer.wish the online wasn't full of hackers.

Omnicent

Eh wifey was enjoying the game when it held her hand but now she's not really into learning how to push her character or touch anything outside of combat really..

Looks like I may be going solo bummer.wish the online wasn't full of hackers.

just run with gaffers. thats what I do.

nikos

Have a couple of noob questions.

When you pick up gear, there are three categories with arrows indicating whether it's an downgrade or upgrade. What are those three categories? Should you always quick upgrade (ie is it reliable) or check its stats first?

Also, what's the best way to get rid of gear you don't want? Should I junk/sell/drop or is salvaging worthwhile?

Thanks!

Have a couple of noob questions.

When you pick up gear, there are three categories with arrows indicating whether it's an downgrade or upgrade. What are those three categories? Should you always quick upgrade (ie is it reliable) or check its stats first?

Also, what's the best way to get rid of gear you don't want? Should I junk/sell/drop or is salvaging worthwhile?

Thanks!
Damage, Toughness, and Healing

Damage is pretty straightforward. It's just your basic weapon damage times your attack speed, with other stuff like Str/Int/Dex and crit chances factored in.

The other two are a little more hazy. Toughness is an amalgamation of things like defense and hit points, while Healing combines things like regen and life-on-hit.

As the game progresses, it gets more complicated as you get in to things like element-specific bonuses, but early on, three green up is likely to be a definite upgrade, and even one or two greens may warrant additional inspection.

I'd advise you to give everything a once-over before selling or salvaging it though, just to get an idea of how the game works. If your new sword is three reds down, don't equip it in the field obviously, but takes look at it when you get home, just to understand what makes your current weapon so superior.

When you pick up gear, there are three categories with arrows indicating whether it's an downgrade or upgrade.

The problem with the arrows is if something is 3 greens up, it can be an ordinary increase, or extraordinary. You can't reject things that are "mostly" red arrows down in case you miss the extraordinary gain perhaps available.

Even before looking at esoteric stats that you are after that aren't so much in the numbers.

Beaulieu

Malthael just killed me on my first hardcore run. he was down to maybe 5% hp. was lvl 40 on normal. didnt come close to dying before that,

sucks man...

Rizzi

Malthael just killed me on my first hardcore run. he was down to maybe 5% hp. was lvl 40 on normal. didnt come close to dying before that,

sucks man...

:(

The reason I will never platinum this. Hardcore is dumb.
Well, that and having to get each class to 70.

3 akkhan pieces now!

woohoo

Wow, with the 4pc set bonus active along with AC I can spam phalanx and absolutely nuke everything in my path lol

sucks man...

Yikes, thanks for the heads up. Gonna make sure I beef myself up before taking him on with my HC crusader. Which class were you?

Wallach

Haven't posted in here in a while or played D3 much (very busy with work), but I saw this patch note in the live hotfixes section for D3 over on PC:

The drop rate for Bounty-specific Legendaries has been drastically increased and scales based on game difficulty (9/3)

...god damn please get that shit on console ASAP.

Top Bottom