• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

Laconic

Banned
Got some protips for people who don't mind "cheating," or would otherwise like a bit of a "safety net" for certain dice rolls:

The game does not autosave when you:

Enchant items
Open Horadric Caches
Gamble blood shards with Kadala

Start a game in Act 1 and you'll immediately trigger a checkpoint (and autosave). After the autosave, do stuff. If you don't like what you got, hit the Guide/PS button and close the game app from the dashboard, then start it and reload. You'll have all your stuff back.

Using the method I described above, I got one piece of Akkhan's in 7 minutes, and the next piece (completing the set) in another 40 minutes. That was rolling 235 shards every 2 minutes, so, effectively, about 4700 shards.

Thank you for the tip, man!

I do not judge you as a cheater, at all.

This is a glitch, much like the Grimoire glitch in EO:U.

If anyone has issues with THAT glitch, they might just need to redefine "legit" as "demonstrably insane".

...and I just might use it, considering the shite drop rates on console for things like RoRG - especially considering the new, improved drop rates on PC.

Rizzi

Does anyone want to trade anything decent for any of these?
10005873_10152710917376797_2589973277175219291_o.jpg

10560324_10152710916931797_5757424250978378729_o.jpg

10661955_10152710916606797_3937317723837181212_o.jpg

Timmay

Banned
I don't really care about how you choose to play your game, and I also don't try to put you down for it.

You literally said people like me "ruin the community."

People like you do ruin the community unless you all agree to stay out of public matches and only play with other exploiters. I love the game, but the PC version will always be superior due alone to the guarantee that there won't be cheaters. On PS4, I'm restricted to only playing with close friends who I know won't cheat/exploit.

dralla

In the safe areas, I'm missing a merchant of some sort, I can see the spot they're supposed to be in. I have the Blacksmith and Gem maker, which is the other? I'm on Act III

Laconic

Banned
People like you do ruin the community unless you all agree to stay out of public matches and only play with other exploiters. I love the game, but the PC version will always be superior due alone to the guarantee that there won't be cheaters. On PS4, I'm restricted to only playing with close friends who I know won't cheat/exploit.

Because NOBODY exploited the various flaws, glitches, errors, and well, EXPLOITS that happened during the tenure of the AH.

And nobody played in the most efficacious ways possible... that were later patched out as "glitches".

And nobody, I mean NOT A SOUL is botting that silly, nonsensical economy-less Ladder right now.

Please.

Hackers ruin any MP they are in because they one shot everything. Takes all the fun out of it.

If they want to cheat and dupe fine, but they ruin public MP games with their crap.

Timmay

Banned
Because NOBODY exploited the various flaws, glitches, errors, and well, EXPLOITS that happened during the tenure of the AH.

And nobody played in the most efficacious ways possible... that were later patched out as "glitches".

And nobody, I mean NOT A SOUL is botting that silly, nonsensical economy-less Ladder right now.

Please.

Comparing the shitfest that is PS4/XB1 open matches to the PC? LOL. "Please". Not even remotely comparable

In the safe areas, I'm missing a merchant of some sort, I can see the spot they're supposed to be in. I have the Blacksmith and Gem maker, which is the other? I'm on Act III

Mystic. You'll find her in act 5.

Kamina

Golden Boy
Guys, its one thing if someone restarts a game to try to something again, but its something completely else if someone hacks the game and creates a 5hits per sec / 10million dmg one shot weapon with.
Cheating and exploiting are two different things. Though I agree that some exploits in other games have nearly cheat level. Diablo doesn't have that though. You either have people who hacked the game or you have some guys who play legit, but are just pissed that they spent days of blood shard collecting and Kadala still doesn't give them any Set-piece

drotahorror

Grimløck;128644385 said:
are there 2 masks of jeram? one dropped but it's a set helm. i thought the mask of jeram was a legendary?

I got a low level one on my HC witch doc yesterday. It was a legendary. I think it was level 35 and I used it til after 60 haha. It was just too good.

Also, got my Platinum trophy today on PS4.

Timmay

Banned
Guys, its one thing if someone restarts a game to try to something again, but its something completely else if someone hacks the game and creates a 5hits per sec / 10million dmg one shot weapon with.
Cheating and exploiting are two different things. Though I agree that some exploits in other games have nearly cheat level. Diablo doesn't have that though. You either have people who hacked the game or you have some guys who play legit, but are just pissed that they spent days of blood shard collecting and Kadala still doesn't give them any Set-piece

I play with friends who don't exploit, because yes doing the exploit to ensure that you *ONLY* get useful gear is tantamount to cheating. My friends and I grind for our gear and we like it that way. That's the point of the game. Cheaters are easy to avoid though - I simply don't play public games. Sucks that it comes to that, but that's the nature of this version of the game.

Damn this Kadala and set gear. DAMN HER!

It OK tho. I did nothing but bounties yesterday and 1 rift. Got all keyed up for co-op rifts tonight. Giddyup on them shards!

I play with friends who don't exploit, because yes doing the exploit to ensure that you *ONLY* get useful gear is tantamount to cheating. My friends and I grind for our gear and we like it that way. That's the point of the game. Cheaters are easy to avoid though - I simply don't play public games. Sucks that it comes to that, but that's the nature of this version of the game.
The thing about RNG is that you can exploit Kadala/Chanting/Crafting all you want 24/7 for a year straight and never get what you want. While you can knock over a dead corpse and get smacked in the forehead with an amazing legendary.

Both are crapshoots, IMO.

Without breakpoints for drops and dedicated drop locations a straight RNG system will always have this behavior with players. People either come to terms with it or play something else. Play with friends and keep your own balance and have fun.

I got Vyr's Astonishing Aura.

If anyone is looking for that and has something I might want, hit me up.

edit: just got Tal Rasha's helm from kadala, cool.

So this thread is now about exploiting and loot begging.

Oh console.community.

Oh come on, like all people playing loot-based games on PC are the example of playing by the rules and not trying to exploit/take shortcuts...

Back on-topic:

WHY DIDN'T ANYONE TELL ME MONK WAS THIS FUN?!

I'm punching and roundhouse-kicking and doing seven-sided-fucking-dragonball-Z-style-strikes!

Teletraan1

Banned
Does it make me terrible at videogames that I got absolutely DESTROYED by a nemesis as a solo level 20 Wizard?

I must be the worst at video games because I am 0 for on Nemesis. I have never lasted more than a split second no matter how badly I was facerolling the content I was on. One of its minions must of had a professional russian sword or something and I kept getting 1 shotted from full health. Got invaded like 3x in one game session and it was that same scenario every time. Now I haven't been invaded in days.

Oh console.community.
Oh console community, indeed. PC is like a shining beacon of fairness and integrity! I'm glad you spoke up for the real gaming community - the non-console players. Finally we can rid NeoGAF of console peasants and have a safe haven for non-console discussion where fairness, honor and respect rule the games... just as soon as I finish my new aimbot for Super Hyper Ultra HD Shooter Remix Turbo Annihilation 3D on PC.

This is Diablo, dude. People are sharing their experiences and they are allowed to. Relax, sir.

Just finished act 1 on my hardcore wizard. Sucks I have to play through the entire game again.
Lol, I just completed my hardcore play through last night. Just play on normal and rush through the main quests. Then bump up the difficulty to hard/expert in adventure mode. Hours saved.

Think my game might be glitched...

A few times now I've completed bounties that involved defeating a boss. Once I'm done, I'm stuck in the arena. There are no portals, and the doors that led either no longer exist or are locked.

Only way out is to hit start and quit, and in some cases it's fine, in other cases, I lose ALL the bounty progress in that area (so if the boss battle was the last one, and I got the message saying 'see Tyrael...', I'd jump out to the menu and back, and he'd have nothing for me and all the green check-marks would be back to exclamation points).

Anybody else encountered something like this?

LCGeek

formerly sane

Oh console.community.

Really

You're talking crap about the console users in this thread when D3 blizzard team spends a good amount of time nerfing various exploits they themselves tend to create in the pc version.

PowerCreeping
Abusing chests and other similar drops just for legendaries
Did you forget about the botters and other abusers that ruined everything until AH was gone or blizzard put the kibosh on their bs
What about those power leveling the same bounties or certain parts of the campaign non stop just for paragons. The same can be applied to those abusing the khazra den loop when it was around.
How about people recently abusing the guaranteed goblin in hall of agony lvl 2 just to open the vault
How about we also mention the players purposely throwing the great rift trial just to use the lower level for a lot of legendaries
Lets talk about the freeloaders that before the big 2.1 patch would never open rifts

I can keep going... Sure I abused some of this stuff but make no mistake we aren't perfect nowhere near close it either.

LOLCats

Banned

I'm punching and roundhouse-kicking and doing seven-sided-fucking-dragonball-Z-style-strikes!

Grimløck;128650061 said:
i mentioned it a few pages back, man! so fun zipping around the battlefield punching and kicking heads.

yep having a good time as Monk also. Kadala gave me a Thunderfury but i'd really like the plan.

Also looking for blackthorns plans... you guys got any extra plans haha.

funkypie

Banned
Got some protips for people who don't mind "cheating," or would otherwise like a bit of a "safety net" for certain dice rolls:

The game does not autosave when you:

Enchant items
Open Horadric Caches
Gamble blood shards with Kadala

Start a game in Act 1 and you'll immediately trigger a checkpoint (and autosave). After the autosave, do stuff. If you don't like what you got, hit the Guide/PS button and close the game app from the dashboard, then start it and reload. You'll have all your stuff back.

Using the method I described above, I got one piece of Akkhan's in 7 minutes, and the next piece (completing the set) in another 40 minutes. That was rolling 235 shards every 2 minutes, so, effectively, about 4700 shards.

You you can do that with anything like trading items with people. I could give you full a akkhan while keeping mine lol.

Rizzi

I have only seen one nemesis. That was like, a week and a half ago.
Who wants to add me to their friends list so I can actually have things happen in my game? :p
PSN: binglesthecat

Who wants to add me to their friends list so I can actually have things happen in my game? :p

You're already on mine, otherwise I would.

I've seen 3 Nemesis' and they have all appeared in the same room along with a ton of enchanted or named enemies. Really? I don't have enough to worry about, now I have to try and kill this thing without getting mobbed and killed by at least half-a-dozen other fairly stout enemies? Fuck you, game.
Love you.

funkypie

Banned
The white knighting of the PC version over the console is laughable. I quit and sold my PC Account because the game was a joke. Real money action house, inflated prices on normal ah because of bots. Back then you had use the ah as the drop Rate for anything was pathetic.

Turning your nose up at people because they reroll gear or the gambler, sad.

Puzzle Ring Goblin did good today. Got 3 Legendaries from him just by playing through campaign act V. ;-)

The one Legendary drop I can't get. Sigh.......

On a lighter note

I defeated 4 Nemesis today! I finally got to take on 2 at a time! Hands down the best brawl I've been in in this game.

I also mailed out 3 more random legendaries I came across to my fellow Gaf members.

Edit: what are these wings? I'll like wings. How do I get wings?

Timmay

Banned
Oh come on, like all people playing loot-based games on PC are the example of playing by the rules and not trying to exploit/take shortcuts...

Back on-topic:

PC people were too busy shit-talking Monks because they required a little more work to succeed at in T6, which then turned into "Omigod monks suck now". You're right though, they're an amazingly fun class to play as.

Rizzi

I think I might start playing the PC version soon though. 2.1 seems like fun.
I do like a good leaderboard challenge.

gl0w

I have reached level 70 today, and paragon level 7, but I'm having some difficult finding a good build to play (witch doctor) can anyone please provide me a good build for WD ? I have some legendary equipment and I think I'm well equipped.

Thanks!

Beat the game like three days ago and managed to get to paragon level 10.... but no longer have any motivation left to play. This happens to me in almost every MMO and RPG after I beat the main story. I feel sad that I couldn't appreciate the true nature of this game by reaching torment levels 3+. I had a lot of fun and its easily the best game I have played so far this year.

LCGeek

formerly sane
I think I might start playing the PC version soon though. 2.1 seems like fun.
I do like a good leaderboard challenge.

Greater Rifts are truly fun once you hit about 28-31 the game is more difficult than T6 and the xp/gold make for good grinding. Legendary gems are also a huge plus and make the game a little more fun with the options they give.

What a difference gear can make, went from t2 to t5 solo rifting in just a few hours, thanks to some generous gaffers on PS4 :)

Holy shotgun crusader is fucking insane.

I killed your nemesis and sent you legendary gifts at least 3-4 times. In one of the rifts few hours ago with hifi and tehpabz, we all killed your nemesis and then another one spawned right after the first one, that was pretty awesome.

I died thrice running t5 bounties solo, so you should see my nemesis pop up very soon.

dralla

Anyone notice the trophies are bugged? I'm missing ones on things I clearly have done, like put a gem in a piece of gear. I don't really care about trophies though so it's not a big deal.

Top Bottom