• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

strem

I've done some remote play while the wife was watching stupid TV. Like someone else said the R2 is tough to get the hang of because of the rear touch. I'm not very good at it but the game runs perfect for me.

And I quoted the wrong person

xkramz

I'm tryna get into whimseshyre (how ever u spell it) I go the black mushroom I'm trying to farm that drop that drops in cavern of frost level 2. I've done it more than 30 times and bitch only drops frozen blood lol ugh

hydruxo

Ok, the Nemesis system is shit.

It's an interesting idea, but when the game ONLY drops Nemesis enemies in situations when you're already battling up to a dozen enchanted or named characters, it's just bullshit. Obviously the chances of killing one are going to go up, when he's one of a dozen characters on screen with 20-50 million hit points or so.

Fucking annoying. I just straight up avoid them now.

Honestly I'm not a fan of the Nemesis system. It needs work. You don't really get any legendaries from them either (at least I haven't, and I've killed quite a few), but you always get a gift for the person it killed first, which is honestly bullshit. Maybe I'm being selfish here but I think the rewards should be higher for killing a Nemesis. As of right now it's really just a nuisance.

Haines

Banned
I'm tryna get into whimseshyre (how ever u spell it) I go the black mushroom I'm trying to farm that drop that drops in cavern of frost level 2. I've done it more than 30 times and bitch only drops frozen blood lol ugh

Gibbering stone is glitched

So I beat the game with my monk and he's level 70 + 12. Gear isn't great though and Torment 1 is arduous. Should I be doing something specific on Master or just doubling down on Torment? The grind for gear doesnt' seem to be working very well for me (Haven't upgraded in ages). Should I just be playing new characters or is there something Im missing?

You can restore hardcore characters from a backup save

Consoles aren't that hardcore :p

Wish this were true. The last time my PS4 uploaded save data into the online storage was 2.5 weeks ago. I suppose if I had immediately thought to check my local save, then that might have worked, though.

I'm still really salty about breezing my way through the game and then getting killed because I got up to answer the phone during a cutscene in Act IV.

It's an interesting idea, but when the game ONLY drops Nemesis enemies in situations when you're already battling up to a dozen enchanted or named characters, it's just bullshit. Obviously the chances of killing one are going to go up, when he's one of a dozen characters on screen with 20-50 million hit points or so.

I've had one drop in when there were no enemies around, just friendly NPCs (around the end of Act IV, I think?). I was surprised that it was even possible for one to show up then.

Only thing I hate about the nemesis system is 99% of the time the drops are shit.

Doesn't the person whose nemesis you kill get an automatic legendary? Killing the Nemesis is for your friend's benefit not yours.

You get a gift drop and some other junk on top of that.

I love Nemesis. It's the only real tension in softcore mode as you're frantically trying to kill off what you're fighting to get ready.

Even if I destroy elites and champs the Nemesis is usually much tougher, which is a welcome change when you're mindlessly farming.

Suddenly your have to go all out and pay attention.

Jabba

Banned

Could be your luck. I've had Nemesis show up during times of chaos and times with nothing on screen. When it's chaotic I try to run to an area where I've already killed the mobs when I hear the first horn. Sometimes all the current mobs don't follow you. Yesterday I was cleaning out a timed "cursed chest" with 5 waves of purple named mobs. Wave 1 is decimated and the horn billows. I was forced to break off the engagement and ran somewhere with no mobs to deal with the Nemesis. Of course I wasn't able to finish the timed bonus, which sucked.

Also was in a dungeon yesterday where there was nothing alive in the area and the horn billowed. It was the big squarish dungeon that looks like a maze, with jail cells, if you fill the whole thing out. Killied that Nemys ass too.

As for drops, I've gotten nothing while a legendary gift was dropped and a yellow item when a legendary gift was dropped.

@ Haines

Do you mean it doesn't drop or it should drop more than it does? I have two of them. Found one also yesterday. Just don't remember where. You do mean Gibbering Gemstone?

I really don't like the fact that the game can be so easily exploited for gear. Maybe always online would have been better, or more frequent auto saving.

David___

Banned
I really don't like the fact that the game can be so easily exploited for gear. Maybe always online would have been better, or more frequent auto saving.

Eh. You're still going up against the RNG and can still take you forever(sup Lut Socks) to get the thing that you want if you quit from the OS, let alone a decent roll on the stats from the item. It's not doing anything but cutting out the middle portion(blood shards/ caches) which are easy enough to farm up and its not like you're guaranteed something like legendaries on the first kill of the Act boss.

ZenaxPure

Eh. You're still going up against the RNG and can still take you forever(sup Lut Socks) to get the thing that you want if you quit from the OS, let alone a decent roll on the stats from the item. It's not doing anything but cutting out the middle portion(blood shards/ caches) which are easy enough to farm up and its not like you're guaranteed something like legendaries on the first kill of the Act boss.

I dunno, that sounds like cutting out a large part of the game to me. Killing dudes in rifts/bounties over and over and getting upgrades at a steady pace is a part of the game. It's not like there is an "endgame" that you need that gear for. The game is all about building up gear over time and naturally progressing through the difficulties. Even once you reach T6 and have the "best" gear you have room for improvement. I've changed my entire set at least 3 times now just getting better versions of that gear. It paid off well for me too since I was able to reach Greater Rift 32 on my first day of trying which is well past Torment 6 in terms of difficulty.

David___

Banned
Halfway through Act 5 at level 31. Anyone have a decent way to level up post game without venturing into harder difficulties like Expert?

Raide

Nice Crusader drop last night. Love being able to use 2-handed stuff with a shield. New mace has some affix that produces 3 space lazers when I use the skill.

Hzoltan69

I've played this game to around Paragon 50 on PC and now I'm around Paragon 15 on PS4, but I'm still confused by how some of the systems work. Can someone give me a simple explanation on how dps is calculated, for example? It seems to me that changing skills doesn't affect dps, even if it clearly should (e.g. swapping a healing sigil with a damaging one). So is it only the primary attack that is being considered for dps?

If that is the case, then how are dps figures actually relevant and comparable between different setups (let alone different classes)?

I've played this game to around Paragon 50 on PC and now I'm around Paragon 15 on PS4, but I'm still confused by how some of the systems work. Can someone give me a simple explanation on how dps is calculated, for example? It seems to me that changing skills doesn't affect dps, even if it clearly should (e.g. swapping a healing sigil with a damaging one). So is it only the primary attack that is being considered for dps?

If that is the case, then how are dps figures actually relevant and comparable between different setups (let alone different classes)?
Your listed DPS is the DPS of your weapon damage, attack speed, crit chance, Str bonus, etc.

When a skill says it does "205% of weapon damage," then "weapon damage" refers to the listed sheet DPS.

Edit: So the DPS listed on your sheet isn't the result of your skills, but rather the basis of your skills.

Drame

What a streak of Good rng.

Played some morning rifts with fellows gaffers and got Blade of Prophecy (!), really nice rare necklace with 14% fire dmg, now rolling total of 84% increased fire damage and Fire Walkers on top of all that. What a run!

Funny thing that set gloves dropped, could it be Akkhan? Nope, almost perfectly rolled Marauder gloves. My DH will be pleased. Although, I'd really love some Akkhan drops.

I've had decent luck with the Nemesis system. On one occasion, it dropped a piece I needed from the Tal Rasha set with a nice roll.

I think it's fun that it tends to phase in when you're neck deep, and when you hear that horn and the controller starts vibrating, it's cool as hell.

Blu10

So Kadala drops legendaries? I've probably spend 1500 shards and haven't seen one...

Yup, spent about that much last night and got only yellows and blues until the last 20 or so when I got 2 of the same green, and one crap legendary... Too bad I was looking for lut socks :(

LCGeek

formerly sane
So Kadala drops legendaries? I've probably spend 1500 shards and haven't seen one...

To be fair someone did the numbers it's about 1 legendary to about 2000 shards. Only when you get lucky does this work in your favor. Just remember blood shards are easy to earn and literally costs you nothing.

I spent months feeding kadala shards for tasker and theo didn't happen until a week ago now I've rolled 3 from her since.

Just for the record RNG is gonna RNG. Abuse it and the glory will be yours not just the loot.

Another Diablo noob question:

What factors influence the quality of drops [particularly in Adventure mode]?

Difficulty level?

Number of people in the party?

Thanks!

181nV3p.png

People in your party do add to stats so filling up to max granted you can keep your clearing rate up is to your benefit.

nightmare-slain

Gold Member
Halfway through Act 5 at level 31. Anyone have a decent way to level up post game without venturing into harder difficulties like Expert?

why do you not want to up the difficulty? i played through ACT I-IV on expert then did ACT V on master. It was actually quite easy and I'm the kind of person who just plays games on normal settings. I've even done some of ACT V on Torment. I just killed Matheal this morning and I'm level 68.

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
So I beat the game on normal and now I'm in adventure mode on hard to get better gear. Should I stop and finish the game on the other difficulty levels too or can I just stick with adventure mode until I get good enough gear to eventually make my way to Torment?

nightmare-slain

Gold Member
So I beat the game on normal and now I'm in adventure mode on hard to get better gear. Should I stop and finish the game on the other difficulty levels too or can I just stick with adventure mode until I get good enough gear to eventually make my way to Torment?

I don't think you need to complete the campaign on a particular setting. Just play adventure mode until you feel ready to up the difficulty. What level are you? I think you need to be level 60 to unlock Torment levels.

LCGeek

formerly sane

The game really is about taking things at a pace you prefer or desire.

I barely use campaign mode unless it's for specific runs I loop. Adventure mode is where I stay at considering you can earn more gold and xp than just running through things. The gear you get is not exactly specific to either mode but for your difficulty it is. I run normal bounties to build up a ton of rift shards then go in to my highest acceptable difficult for my loot.

You got the right idea, but if you're level 40+ just up the difficulty to the point you can clear fast when you stop clearing fast don't go up.

Buzza

Just completed three bounties on the Vita using remote play. I assign the least used skill to the rear touch pad. The PS4 is at home and I'm at work 8 miles away. Really is quite good on remote play.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Just completed three bounties on the Vita using remote play. I assign the least used skill to the rear touch pad. The PS4 is at home and I'm at work 8 miles away. Really is quite good on remote play.

Doesn't the game run at 30FPS on remote play?

ElDiablo90x

Neo Member
How exactly do you trade in this game? I actually have a spare Ring of Royal Grandeur and I'm willing to exchange for a set piece.

Laconic

Banned
Last thing that dropped for me last night was a RoRG, with 474 Int, 5% Speed, and 5% Crit.

I crafted a few Topazes, and left it at that.

Will roll for CD this morning.

Top Bottom