• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

subwilde

Wait so you can do bounties on normal to get fragments then do torment rifts for drops? That would save some time I'm guessing haha

ZenaxPure

Wait so you can do bounties on normal to get fragments then do torment rifts for drops? That would save some time I'm guessing haha

Yep. It's something that has bugged me about the game since RoS launched on PC. For some reason no matter what difficulty you are on you get the same amount of fragments from bounties. Means if you need fragments it's always best to just go through on normal.

No signs of ever changing it either.

JPS Kai

Just finished act 4 on expert and hit like level 48 or so with my Barb. You level crazy fast in this! I'm sure I'm being lulled into a sense of false security before the paragon levels end up taking forever and a day to go through.

I'll be on later tonight or most of tomorrow if anyone wants to play.

PSN: DarkParodius

Jabba

Banned
running around with all companions as a dh is incredible fun. awesome set bonus.

I just found armor that gives 3 wolves the other day. Big difference for my DH as well. I had no idea those types of armor existed. Could you clarify all? 4 sentries along with 3 companions or even more?

Nvm. Googled it. Sorry.

Yep. It's something that has bugged me about the game since RoS launched on PC. For some reason no matter what difficulty you are on you get the same amount of fragments from bounties. Means if you need fragments it's always best to just go through on normal.

No signs of ever changing it either.

I dunno. The extra exp, gold,gemd and chance of loot still makes it worth it for me. Not if your split farming of course but maybe that's the real issue.

Does anyone have a spare Lvl 70 Puzzle Ring?

I'll gladly give three legendary equipment I have and I came across a green belt that's part of a set I'll throw in if the ring is at Lvl 70.

ZenaxPure

I dunno. The extra exp, gold,gemd and chance of loot still makes it worth it for me. Not if your split farming of course but maybe that's the real issue.

If you're going for xp it makes sense to play as high as you can, I've done it a lot in the past, but, I was talking about simply farming rift fragments. It's always fastest to do it on normal.

nubbe

T4 is teh shit, 5 legendarily in a row
what to do, what to do

SlX8S5B.jpg

Just got a puzzle ring as a gift when the power went out (storming) and now it seems it's gone forever. Looked like it had decent rolls as well. The fates can be cruel.

DagsJT

Any ideas why my paragon stats are being reset and not keeping my points assigned? I'm level 8 now and assigned quite a few points already yet I've just gone up a level, went to see where I've got points and all of the categories show 0 points being invested.

All categories show 0/50 and I've got 2 points to spend in each section so what's happened to my previous points?

GregSWFC

Neo Member
Any ideas why my paragon stats are being reset and not keeping my points assigned? I'm level 8 now and assigned quite a few points already yet I've just gone up a level, went to see where I've got points and all of the categories show 0 points being invested.

All categories show 0/50 and I've got 2 points to spend in each section so what's happened to my previous points?

Might need to press x to assign them once you've chosen them.

Oh crap. Ran into my first Nemesis! Was chilling eating a Popsicle and didn't have the game paused and noticed this crazy looking monster showed up on screen even though no monsters should have been there.

I noticed the name and that it had killed one of my friends. I quickyl dispatched it and got Plan: Captain Crimson's Finery and a bunch of other loots.

Damn that was fun.

Chorazin

Man, I'm on Torment 2, and I am just not getting any decent weapon drops. Plus anything that I forge is worse than what I have! Its getting pretty frustrating.

Man, I'm on Torment 2, and I am just not getting any decent weapon drops. Plus anything that I forge is worse than what I have! Its getting pretty frustrating.
i just keep doing rifts and pray a plan or weapon drop. sometimes if i'm bored i craft set pieces and just throw them in town and see if anyone grabs it lol

OmegaDL50

Thank you Spirit Vessel!

I almost died on my level 68 Hardcore Witch Doctor.

Spirit Vessel kicked in and prevented a terrible thing from happening.

I have a question regarding crafting and enchanting. So, if I understand it correctly, you can only enchant one of the stats. That means I should craft the item until it has at least only 1 stat wrong so that I can enchant it until I get what I want, right? If I craft it and it has 2 shitty stats I should just craft another?
Right. Enchanting isn't there to let you hand-craft the perfect item. It's there to let you "fix" an otherwise-perfect item.

SlickVic

I feel bad that I sort of want to rush through Act V just so I can unlock Adventure mode. I've only had 1 character so far (lv 60 wizard) before picking up RoS the other day, and I really want to get adventure mode so I can quickly start leveling up a new class (thinking of going for a demon hunter this time).

Gotta hand it to Blizzard, this game is just pure fun.

JCizzle

Probably answered a few times, but I didn't see it in the OP (I probably missed it).

Does the PS 3 version have patch 2.1 or just 2.0.x? Also, what about the ps 4 version?

I'm thinking of picking this up on ps3 but was wondering whether we would see greater rifts on that version.

They all have 2.0x ATM. Only PS4 and 1 will get 2.1 patch, other versions won't receive patches.

Bottom line, get next gen version or pass for now IMO.

JPS Kai

They all have 2.0x ATM. Only PS4 and 1 will get 2.1 patch, other versions won't receive patches.

Bottom line, get next gen version or pass for now IMO.

Characters migrate from 2.0 on last gen to current too, right? I knew the original game would but I dunno about UEE

Sent you a friend request. Keep the legs mate the ring was only gathering dust in my stash.

I've waited 25 years for a Australian to casually call me mate! ;-;

Are you Australian?

Also thanks for the ring! Trust when I say that I'm going to put it to good use!

Let me know if there's something I can help you out with.

Korezo

Does different tiers drop different better loot? And does the shard girl give the best loot? Because I keep increasing difficulty and I have yet to receive a upgrade slot since T1, I moved up to t4 and everything I get is a downgrade or repeated old stuff

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Does different tiers drop different better loot? And does the shard girl give the best loot? Because I keep increasing difficulty and I have yet to receive a upgrade slot since T1, I moved up to t4 and everything I get is a downgrade or repeated old stuff
In my experience, higher Torment levels definitely drop better and more frequent loot. I had 1 set plan and one set piece doing Torment 1 runs until I very slowly upgraded my DH to handle Torment 4 and 5 and now I'm getting sets, high quality Legendaries, and blacksmith plans all the damn time.

ZenaxPure

RNG is RNG.

Moving up difficulties doesn't change the quality of the loot you get, just how often you get it. A decent run on a T6 rift can easily net you 4 or 5 legendaries in one rift run (not that this happens all the time, but it's not that un-common). T1 you are lucky to get an item every other rift. That said, I can't emphasize enough that difficulty does NOT effect the quality of the loot. Even on T6 you are going to find a lot of shitty items still. You just have a higher chance of finding something good because you are getting more items on average. If anything bumping up the difficulty just means you will get even more shitty items than usual.

As for Kadala ("shard girl") she has a chance to give you any item that can normally drop from mobs. The quality is the same and difficulty doesn't change the drop chance (she has her own values for determining the items you get). Basically she is used as a way to target specific items since you can keep funneling shards into one slot until you get what you want. It's simply a way to control RNG slightly. Just remember it's a long term thing, it's very common to spend thousands of shards before getting the specific item you want from her, if not more.

Korezo

In my experience, higher Torment levels definitely drop better and more frequent loot. I had 1 set plan and one set piece doing Torment 1 runs until I very slowly upgraded my DH to handle Torment 4 and 5 and now I'm getting sets, high quality Legendaries, and blacksmith plans all the damn time.

I'm also a DH, at what dps are you doing T4 and T5? Most of my upgrades I got were greens from gifts. Gifts was how I got a mauder set.

David___

Banned
Just finished Act 5 at level 35 on my hardcore wizard. Anyone know a safe(and efficient) way to level at normal/hard difficulty?

Xtyle

Agreed to trade Stalgard for fotf with a gamefaqs user and i mailed my sword over... Dude said he didnt get my mail due to save corruption.... Sigh

Just finished Act 5 at level 35 on my hardcore wizard. Anyone know a safe(and efficient) way to level at normal/hard difficulty?

Act I bounties, do the Skeleton King or Jar of Souls quest. They're pretty darn easy and I doubt you'd have much trouble on Hard. You can even bump it up to Expert, I'm running HC - Expert right now with my level 16 Monk and haven't come close to dying.

I'm trying to get that Dream Team trophy.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
I'm also a DH, at what dps are you doing T4 and T5? Most of my upgrades I got were greens from gifts. Gifts was how I got a mauder set.
I have about 1mil DPS with 7-800 resist all and 12k healing. About 8 mil armor.

DH certainly aren't tanks at any defensive level, gameplay at those Torments for me is constant movement, strategically dropping sentries and kiting along with unleashing ridiculous flurries of attacks when my Hatred is full, then more movement, etc.

At first I made the mistake of trying to tank the higher torments without sentries. I had moderate success but the class isn't meant to be played like that in my view

Top Bottom